NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal SC# 144 Liberate Liberal Haven

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Goddess Relief Office wrote:Chester, what's the chance of you coming to the SC again in a week or two to ask for another Liberation when this region gets invaded or when the delegate turns out to be not really who you think he is?

Why would I need to? Topid is already do that....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Goddess Relief Office wrote:Chester, what's the chance of you coming to the SC again in a week or two to ask for another Liberation when this region gets invaded or when the delegate turns out to be not really who you think he is?

:D That is not a draft I am actually going to pursue. When this goes south even if someone submitted another Lib, it would take quite a bit of convincing to get even me on board. If this goes as I expect I would expect a prevailing attitude of "let it go."
AKA Weed

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Topid wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

:D That is not a draft I am actually going to pursue. When this goes south even if someone submitted another Lib, it would take quite a bit of convincing to get even me on board. If this goes as I expect I would expect a prevailing attitude of "let it go."

What draft? http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vie ... 1414960897 looks like a proposal to me, unless there is another Topid out there submitting proposals? Also as you are so unconcerned, why did you point out the "raid" that incoming by the now NINE multies here?
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Sometimes when I submit proposals, I do not intend to campaign for them. But they are totally not joke proposals for the record. ;)

Multis inherently look like raiders, especially if they start grouping right before an update. Though usually puppet themes can be traced to the region, for the life of me I couldn't come up with where they might be headed with Christopher Walken... Suppose that makes sense now. :lol:
AKA Weed

Avron Wolves
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Avron Wolves » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Yes. Please repeal this. *laughs* I will not support the 'Liberate Liberal Haven' when it gets proposed in about a week, however.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:28 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Redsward wrote:No. NO. Isn't this another attempt to capture the region with the Doom Squad? The defeated resolution of the same name was just that. :eek:

What the hell are you babbling about?

There was a failes attempt to repeal Liberate Liberal Haven, but it was defeated. The liberation was authored by a puppet of a Doom Squad member, and they were going to raid the region and PW it after the repeal passed.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:15 am

Redsward wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:
What the hell are you babbling about?

There was a failes attempt to repeal Liberate Liberal Haven, but it was defeated. The liberation was authored by a puppet of a Doom Squad member, and they were going to raid the region and PW it after the repeal passed.

Unless YOU are planning on raiding Liberal Haven, I think you are reading way too much into this....

Perhaps you may want to read that bottom line of my signature. The centered one....

Avron Wolves wrote:Yes. Please repeal this. *laughs* I will not support the 'Liberate Liberal Haven' when it gets proposed in about a week, however.

Why of course dear Caesar. Just exactly what we needed, Black Rider support to ensure this passes /sarcasm
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:34 am

I moved in a puppet to endorse so they hopefully won't be overrun by a taggers run
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Asquithania
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:37 am

Chester Pearson wrote:
Asquithania wrote:And if you hadn't abandoned the region through some misplaced sense of loyalty to raider unity then we would not be going through this farce right now.
Belgium shows how a liberated founderless region can continue to thrive and survive if the will is there.

As for Chesters assertion that I was attempting to refound the region, with or without the consent of the inhabitants, it is at best erroneous and at worst slanderous - it can never be substantiated because it is not true.

Chesters wording is deliberately misleading the Security Council and the WA members into voting on a resolution to further his own political agenda, irrespective of the consequences for liberal haven.

The current delegate has also commenced ejecting nations from the region without a democratic mandate. Approving this repeal will signal that the Security Council sanctions the actions of dictators raiders and tyrants, allowing them to trample on the freedoms that every region is entitled to

What political agenda?

The one to further your own reputation as a resolution mavens perhaps?

Pray tell what exit strategy will the Security Council and/or The World Assembly adopt to prevent the region being sniped by a hostile re-founder seeing as the coalition that enforced the original resolution collapsed quicker than Applebanias integrity?
Last edited by Asquithania on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:43 pm

I, as World Assembly Delegate of Camelot, have voted against this resolution for three reasons.

1. A refound attempt by Cartanis will not work. He has two high-influence titans to deal with, and doesn't have that many endorsements (Though he does have more endorsements than before). Of course, that could be fixed by calling in Defender reinforcements.

2. Do we even -really- know who Cartanis is? For all we know, he could be another Doom Squad sleeper, or worse, a nazi sleeper! He also somehow didn't notice that Narcoleptic Dreams was in the region before I pointed it out. For all we know, he could be in league with TDS.

3. Alright, I'm going to say it, I don't personally want a refound to happen. Really, it would be a waste of potential to refound rather than actually try to build the region up as a founderless region: We really don't get enough large founderless regions. Asquith's vision for the place was a region that could exist as a founderless region with liberation and still be strong and not repeatedly raided, and I agree with that vision. Sorry if I'm sounding incoherent.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Cormac Pendragon
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Pendragon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:40 am

Does anyone know if Liberal Haven is telegram recruiting? I ask because the Delegate has received four new endorsements since yesterday, three of which came from nations that have entered the region in the past 24 hours.

As anyone who has ever even casually defended knows, when this happens in a founderless region that isn't telegram recruiting, the region is being raided. I would strongly urge well meaning Delegates to change their votes to against this resolution, and I will be campaigning against it later today. Unless Chester would like to campaign against it first, since he's been pointing out that he's a UDL Merryman.
Last edited by Cormac Pendragon on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:25 am

Cormac Pendragon wrote:Does anyone know if Liberal Haven is telegram recruiting? I ask because the Delegate has received four new endorsements since yesterday, three of which came from nations that have entered the region in the past 24 hours.

As anyone who has ever even casually defended knows, when this happens in a founderless region that isn't telegram recruiting, the region is being raided. I would strongly urge well meaning Delegates to change their votes to against this resolution, and I will be campaigning against it later today. Unless Chester would like to campaign against it first, since he's been pointing out that he's a UDL Merryman.

You really need to calm the fuck down. Two of those nations are part of the Union Defense Forces, and one of them was Blood's. If you are really that concerned, make YOUR WA mobile, and get in there.....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Cormac Pendragon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Pendragon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:You really need to calm the fuck down. Two of those nations are part of the Union Defense Forces, and one of them was Blood's. If you are really that concerned, make YOUR WA mobile, and get in there.....

What in the world are the "Union Defense Forces"? And am I supposed to be reassured that raider Port Blood -- I assume that's who you're referring to -- is one of the endorsements?

My WA is already mobile, I keep it in Camelot unless it's deployed elsewhere. One place it won't be deployed: Liberal Haven, endorsing a questionable Delegate who may later banject me and sarcastically thank me in Gameplay for my assistance in raiding the region.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Cormac Pendragon wrote:And am I supposed to be reassured that raider Port Blood -- I assume that's who you're referring to -- is one of the endorsements?

Just wanted to point out that Port Blood was a defender last time I was intimately following Gameplay and resided in Gay, a defender leaning region. Now this might have changed in the past 2 months but it's not as if you're putting Mall or myself in the delegacy.

Anywhos, carry on.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Cormac Pendragon
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Pendragon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Venico wrote:Just wanted to point out that Port Blood was a defender last time I was intimately following Gameplay and resided in Gay, a defender leaning region. Now this might have changed in the past 2 months but it's not as if you're putting Mall or myself in the delegacy.

Anywhos, carry on.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. If that's the case, my apologies to him for that -- but my concerns about the so-called "native" Delegate stand. We don't know anything about him and given Liberal Haven's history, I don't think we should just take for granted that he has the region's best interests in mind.

Anyway, I'm not planning to campaign against this after all. Given how far ahead it is, I think it would just be a waste of time and resources. I'll just wait for the inevitable and propose another liberation resolution if necessary, unless someone beats me to it.
Last edited by Cormac Pendragon on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Venico wrote:
Cormac Pendragon wrote:And am I supposed to be reassured that raider Port Blood -- I assume that's who you're referring to -- is one of the endorsements?

Just wanted to point out that Port Blood was a defender last time I was intimately following Gameplay and resided in Gay, a defender leaning region. Now this might have changed in the past 2 months but it's not as if you're putting Mall or myself in the delegacy.

Anywhos, carry on.

He helped on something I did not too long ago....
Maybe we should just call him Independent? :P
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Cormac Pendragon wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:You really need to calm the fuck down. Two of those nations are part of the Union Defense Forces, and one of them was Blood's. If you are really that concerned, make YOUR WA mobile, and get in there.....

What in the world are the "Union Defense Forces"? And am I supposed to be reassured that raider Port Blood -- I assume that's who you're referring to -- is one of the endorsements?

My WA is already mobile, I keep it in Camelot unless it's deployed elsewhere. One place it won't be deployed: Liberal Haven, endorsing a questionable Delegate who may later banject me and sarcastically thank me in Gameplay for my assistance in raiding the region.

Union Defense forces, as in forces from The North American Union....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Asquithania
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:26 pm

Applebania wrote:I, as World Assembly Delegate of Camelot, have voted against this resolution for three reasons.

1. A refound attempt by Cartanis will not work. He has two high-influence titans to deal with, and doesn't have that many endorsements (Though he does have more endorsements than before). Of course, that could be fixed by calling in Defender reinforcements.

2. Do we even -really- know who Cartanis is? For all we know, he could be another Doom Squad sleeper, or worse, a nazi sleeper! He also somehow didn't notice that Narcoleptic Dreams was in the region before I pointed it out. For all we know, he could be in league with TDS.

3. Alright, I'm going to say it, I don't personally want a refound to happen. Really, it would be a waste of potential to refound rather than actually try to build the region up as a founderless region: We really don't get enough large founderless regions. Asquith's vision for the place was a region that could exist as a founderless region with liberation and still be strong and not repeatedly raided, and I agree with that vision. Sorry if I'm sounding incoherent.

So we will just have to snipe the regions and let the new founder CTE - conversely we snipe and establish a tyrannical Fonder instead to highlight the folly of putting trust in Founders as the panacea to the raiding dilemma.

And since when did the DSE renounce its Isolationist stance Chester?
Last edited by Asquithania on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Asquithania wrote:And since when did the DSE renounce its Isolationist stance Chester?

Who in the hell is the DSE?
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Venico wrote:

Anywhos, carry on.

My residency in Gay has no influence on my GP alignment - my WA in LH is just because I don't people just steamrolling a region because the SC did something stupid

I'm a full-blown raider/anti bullshit on the alignment scale
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.

Discoveria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

Amman-Ra
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amman-Ra » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Blood is a raider :p

Fresh Meat
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

obvious

Postby Fresh Meat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:36 am

Berdanvia wrote:Everybody vote to Repeal Liberate Liberal Haven!!! It will help the natives secure their region with a password, without one, they are an easy target for invasion.

it would have made more sense for the native to look for a larger region to help defend them and go the way of clogging the WA with more native regional things, which don't have any effect on anyone.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:35 am

Fresh Meat wrote:
Berdanvia wrote:Everybody vote to Repeal Liberate Liberal Haven!!! It will help the natives secure their region with a password, without one, they are an easy target for invasion.

it would have made more sense for the native to look for a larger region to help defend them and go the way of clogging the WA with more native regional things, which don't have any effect on anyone.

English please?
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Fresh Meat wrote:

English please?

Contact UDL and GTFO the SC

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives