NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal SC# 144 Liberate Liberal Haven

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 am

Really chester? I'm expecting you to jump out at any moment and yell "satire bitches" - at least jump out of a cake so we have something to eat after
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:00 pm

Blood Wine wrote:Really chester? I'm expecting you to jump out at any moment and yell "satire bitches" - at least jump out of a cake so we have something to eat after

What?

Either way, now that we have native support, this has been sent to the floor...
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Earlier today, I thought you argued against Ramaeus' draft because "the current delegate does not want the repeal" and you knew that because "you had a nation in the region".

...and then the delegate supports any repeal and you decide to submit your draft to the SC
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:29 pm

New Brussels wrote:Earlier today, I thought you argued against Ramaeus' draft because "the current delegate does not want the repeal" and you knew that because "you had a nation in the region".

...and then the delegate supports any repeal and you decide to submit your draft to the SC

Your point being?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Again I ask, who is the current delegate? What was his nation before he started using this puppet? This is the most important issue surrounding this repeal, failing to address it looks suspicious to me.
AKA Weed

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Topid wrote:Again I ask, who is the current delegate? What was his nation before he started using this puppet? This is the most important issue surrounding this repeal, failing to address it looks suspicious to me.

I second Topid.

Looking at the RMB posts in Liberal Haven now at this point doesn't inspire confidence at all.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Elke and Elba wrote:
Topid wrote:Again I ask, who is the current delegate? What was his nation before he started using this puppet? This is the most important issue surrounding this repeal, failing to address it looks suspicious to me.

I second Topid.

Looking at the RMB posts in Liberal Haven now at this point doesn't inspire confidence at all.

I re-asked my question when I received my campaign telegram to approve it as a delegate. Needless to say this will not get my approval with these major questions unanswered.

EDIT: Also, as a totally theoretical and hypothetical assumption based on no specific knowledge of the situation, putting a repeal of a liberation at vote, when the delegate only has 1 endorsement is silly even if he is a native. This vote is going to be decided in the first few hours of voting before the lemmings take over. There are organizations out there that are very interested in seeing the WA look silly that would love to vote FOR this and help it pass, then turn around and take the delegacy an update into the vote so that when the repeal passes it will be helping raiders.

This is going to go badly I'm afraid, it would be most wise to pull this and re-assess.
Last edited by Topid on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AKA Weed

Cormac Pendragon
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Pendragon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Repealing the liberation with the region in the condition it's in right now would be ludicrous. Regardless of what the natives want, if the liberation is repealed the region will be raided and we'll do this all over again.

They need to recruit for the region and get more endos on their Delegate. Then and only then is it responsible to talk about repeal.

Westerly Winds
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Westerly Winds » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Response to TG:

Why Chester, as a very friendly raider with friends who are quite interested in the repeal of that refound, I have loooooong since approved the proposal :)
- Ever-Wandering Souls, Dominus Sicarii
Last edited by Westerly Winds on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:25 am

Chester Pearson wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:Really chester? I'm expecting you to jump out at any moment and yell "satire bitches" - at least jump out of a cake so we have something to eat after

What?

Either way, now that we have native support, this has been sent to the floor...

I was hopeful this would be satire aimed at the Mall incident,although it doesn't seem this way now

1 endorsement without anyone with the proper experience to lead the region or snipe the refound is bound for raider territory
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:29 am

Elke and Elba wrote:

I second Topid.

I share similar concerns, considering the region's history I feel there isn't evidence to confirm any residents as legitimate natives, and not some puppet with ulterior motives. I mean both WA nations in there now are very new nations with low populations.

And on top of that, the delegate only has one endorsement, repealing this will only lead to it getting raided. Which an attempted to raid the region was just made today.
Last edited by The Stalker on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Eh, I really should campaign against this since it is still beatable, but it is hard to see anything worth saving. Good game gents.

Pearson has been added to my list of authors whose resolutions I'm not allowed to vote for or whose proposals I'm not allowed to approve, however.
AKA Weed

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Topid wrote:Pearson has been added to my list of authors whose resolutions I'm not allowed to vote for or whose proposals I'm not allowed to approve, however.

I'm hurt Topid, I really am..... Would you have taken the the same stance against Rameus as well?
Last edited by Chester Pearson on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:55 pm

No you aren't, but I would have been surprised if you were concerned about your reputation after this.
AKA Weed

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Topid wrote:No you aren't, but I would have been surprised if you were concerned about your reputation after this.

Why would I need to be?
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:I'm hurt Topid, I really am..... Would you have taken the the same stance against Rameus as well?

Who's "Rameus"? :blink:
Just some weeb.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Wasn't he that werewolf in that there Hurry Putter movie?

Anyway yes, I am extremely suspicious of my good friend Ram's motives also. Extremely. Yes.
@Ram: Still :kiss: though... :P

I didn't see your edit as I was already replying, sorry for delayed response.
AKA Weed

Asquithania
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Asquithania » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Cormac Pendragon wrote:Repealing the liberation with the region in the condition it's in right now would be ludicrous. Regardless of what the natives want, if the liberation is repealed the region will be raided and we'll do this all over again.

They need to recruit for the region and get more endos on their Delegate. Then and only then is it responsible to talk about repeal.

And if you hadn't abandoned the region through some misplaced sense of loyalty to raider unity then we would not be going through this farce right now.
Belgium shows how a liberated founderless region can continue to thrive and survive if the will is there.

As for Chesters assertion that I was attempting to refound the region, with or without the consent of the inhabitants, it is at best erroneous and at worst slanderous - it can never be substantiated because it is not true.

Chesters wording is deliberately misleading the Security Council and the WA members into voting on a resolution to further his own political agenda, irrespective of the consequences for liberal haven.

The current delegate has also commenced ejecting nations from the region without a democratic mandate. Approving this repeal will signal that the Security Council sanctions the actions of dictators raiders and tyrants, allowing them to trample on the freedoms that every region is entitled to
Last edited by Asquithania on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Asquithania wrote:
Cormac Pendragon wrote:Repealing the liberation with the region in the condition it's in right now would be ludicrous. Regardless of what the natives want, if the liberation is repealed the region will be raided and we'll do this all over again.

And if you hadn't abandoned the region through some misplaced sense of loyalty to raider unity then we would not be going through this farce right now.
Belgium shows how a liberated founderless region can continue to thrive and survive if the will is there.

As for Chesters assertion that I was attempting to refound the region, with or without the consent of the inhabitants, it is at best erroneous and at worst slanderous - it can never be substantiated because it is not true.

Chesters wording is deliberately misleading the Security Council and the WA members into voting on a resolution to further his own political agenda, irrespective of the consequences for liberal haven.

The current delegate has also commenced ejecting nations from the region without a democratic mandate. Approving this repeal will signal that the Security Council sanctions the actions of dictators raiders and tyrants, allowing them to trample on the freedoms that every region is entitled to

What political agenda?
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:52 pm

No. NO. Isn't this another attempt to capture the region with the Doom Squad? The defeated resolution of the same name was just that. :eek:
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:53 pm

Redsward wrote:No. NO. Isn't this another attempt to capture the region with the Doom Squad? The defeated resolution of the same name was just that. :eek:

What the hell are you babbling about?
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Goddess Relief Office
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goddess Relief Office » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Chester, what's the chance of you coming to the SC again in a week or two to ask for another Liberation when this region gets invaded or when the delegate turns out to be not really who you think he is?
Keeper of The World Tree - Yggdrasil
General Assembly:
GA#053 - Epidemic Response Act
GA#163 - Repeal LOTS
GA#223 - Transboundary Water Use Act

Security Council:
SC#030 - Commend 10000 Islands (co-author)
SC#044 - Commend Texas (co-author)
SC#066 - Repeal "Liberate Wonderful Paradise"
SC#108 - Liberate South Pacific
SC#135 - Liberate Anarchy (co-author)
SC#139 - Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"

Former delegate and retired defender
Nice links for easy reference:
Passed WA Resolutions | GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | GA Rules

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Goddess Relief Office wrote:Chester, what's the chance of you coming to the SC again in a week or two to ask for another Liberation when this region gets invaded or when the delegate turns out to be not really who you think he is?

A snowballs chance in hell....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Goddess Relief Office wrote:Chester, what's the chance of you coming to the SC again in a week or two to ask for another Liberation when this region gets invaded or when the delegate turns out to be not really who you think he is?

You know that hell is supposed to be a hot place right?
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:35 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

You know that hell is supposed to be a hot place right?

Yes....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads