NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Anti-Counterfeiting Pact

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you add ham to grilled cheese, what do you call it?

Grilled cheese with ham
34%
Grilled ham and cheese sandwich
35%
An abomination
31%

Total votes : 86

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:22 am

Kota land wrote:Most certainly does not approve. In the interest of our sovereignty, we may withdraw if this passes.
Declaring war in foreign powers for not punishing a minor crime?
Idiocy.

"You misread this, ambassador. It goes the other way: you can commit a petty crime while at war."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Ferrnaria
Civilian

Founded: Nov 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferrnaria » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Well I am new here but I hope you don't mind my opinion on this I will list it from 1-5

1. Counter fitting would severely hurt our economy because of the mass inflation it would cause on our currency

2. Though this should not mean that this law should be enforced when a state is at war and is counter fitting the oppositions currency this would help us break our enemy's faster like how England used the counterfeit to severely hurt the colonies during the war it work very well

3. People involved in the counterfeit should be punished just as much as the people who did it themselves

4. Every state should be obligated to report the act of counterfeiting or they themselves are considered to be helping as well

5. Though this not to say that I want the police kicking down my door at 3 am and checking for counterfeit it should not be police state like and Big Brother is watching if someone is caught using it or is reported by people to be creating false tender than they should be punished

I know I may have done this wrong and humiliated myself but at least I tried

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:12 pm

Ferrnaria wrote:Well I am new here but I hope you don't mind my opinion on this I will list it from 1-5

1. Counter fitting would severely hurt our economy because of the mass inflation it would cause on our currency

2. Though this should not mean that this law should be enforced when a state is at war and is counter fitting the oppositions currency this would help us break our enemy's faster like how England used the counterfeit to severely hurt the colonies during the war it work very well

3. People involved in the counterfeit should be punished just as much as the people who did it themselves

4. Every state should be obligated to report the act of counterfeiting or they themselves are considered to be helping as well

5. Though this not to say that I want the police kicking down my door at 3 am and checking for counterfeit it should not be police state like and Big Brother is watching if someone is caught using it or is reported by people to be creating false tender than they should be punished

"Ambassador, you have the crux of the law in hand. A bit rough around the edges, but mostly correct."

I know I may have done this wrong and humiliated myself but at least I tried

"Ambassador, you have the gist of the law in hand. A little rough around the edges, but not incorrect."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

The United Planetary Bodies
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Planetary Bodies » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:19 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"So...I hate to do this, since its a concept I wanted to avoid, but I liked my preliminary draft so much...well...I'm sorry, but here:"

Category: International Security | Strength: Mild

Recognizing the negative impact of counterfeit currency operations on nations;

Realizing such actions not only degrade value of and trust in legitimate currency within nations, but also obstruct free trade and damage relations between economic partners;

Determined to protect commerce between nations and foster international goodwill;

Whereas the term “legal tender” shall be defined as “a medium of exchange recognized by a nation or other assigned political division as valid for meeting a financial obligation”;

The World Assembly thusly resolves:

1. Except in the case of declared war, member states are henceforth required to outlaw the counterfeiting, and associated commission of counterfeiting, of foreign currency with the intention of releasing it as legal tender into the market to devalue currency or otherwise defraud another member state.

2. Member states in a declared state of war are exempt only to counterfeit the legal tender of those entities with whom a state of declared war exists.

3. The World Assembly Numismatics Authority (WANA) shall be re-established and tasked with creating an investigative framework for the screening, detection, and source-tracking for counterfeit tender. The WANA shall liaise with relevant member state authorities to investigate, coordinate, and disseminate information on both state- and non-state-sanctioned counterfeiting operations.

4. The WANA shall inspect the minting facilities of member states for illicit counterfeiting operations either on request or if there is credible evidence to suggest such an operation’s existence, and issue nonbinding evaluations of a member state’s anti-counterfeiting security.

5. Member states shall take all necessary steps to suppress counterfeiting operations in their jurisdiction, and shall promptly notify both the WANA and the entity whose tender is being counterfeited of such incidents.

6. Member states will cooperate with WANA investigations to the fullest extent practicable, including maintaining a single point of contact with the WANA.

7. Member states are required to prosecute those individuals violating the provisions set forth in this law to the same degree that they would prosecute those involved in a comparable domestic counterfeiting operation.

8. Non-member states voluntarily complying with the responsibilities set forth shall be entitled to equal access to this law’s protections and benefits. Member states shall make no distinction between WANA-compliant non-member states and member states in regard to the provisions set forth in this law, except as required by extant legislation.

Category: Free Trade | Strength: Significant

Recognizing the negative impact of counterfeit currency operations on nations;

Realizing such actions not only degrade value of and trust in legitimate currency within nations, but also obstruct free trade and damage relations between economic partners;

Determined to protect commerce between nations and foster international goodwill;

Whereas the term “legal tender” shall be defined as “a medium of exchange recognized by a nation or other assigned political division as valid for meeting a financial obligation”;

1. Except in the case of declared war, member states are henceforth required to outlaw the counterfeiting of foreign currency with the intention of releasing it as legal tender into the market to devalue currency or otherwise defraud another member state.

2. Member states in a declared state of war are exempt only to counterfeit the legal tender of those entities with whom a state of declared war exists.

3. The World Assembly Numismatics Authority (WANA) shall be re-established and tasked with creating an investigative framework for the screening, detection, and source-tracking for counterfeit tender. The WANA shall liaise with relevant member state authorities to investigate, coordinate, and disseminate information on both state- and non-state-sanctioned counterfeiting operations.

4. The WANA shall inspect the minting facilities of member states for illicit counterfeiting operations either on request or if there is credible evidence to suggest such an operation’s existence, and issue nonbinding evaluations of a member state’s anti-counterfeiting security.

5. Member states shall take all necessary steps to suppress counterfeiting operations in their jurisdiction, including the confiscation and/or destruction of counterfeit tender and printing equipment, and shall promptly notify both the WANA and the entity whose tender is being counterfeited of such incidents.

6. Member states will cooperate with WANA investigations to the fullest extent practicable, including maintaining a single point of contact with the WANA.

7. Member states are required to prosecute those individuals violating the provisions set forth in this law to the same degree that they would prosecute those involved in a comparable domestic counterfeiting operation.

8. Non-member states voluntarily complying with the responsibilities set forth shall be entitled to equal access to this law’s protections and benefits. Member states shall make no distinction between WANA-compliant non-member states and member states in regard to the provisions set forth in this law, except as required by extant legislation.

Anti-Counterfeiting Pact
Category: Free Trade | Strength: Significant

Recognizing the negative impact of counterfeit currency operations on member states;

Realizing such actions not only degrade value of and trust in currency within nations, but obstruct free trade and damage relations between national economic partners,

Seeking ever to protect commerce between nations and foster international goodwill;

1. Member states are henceforth required to outlaw the counterfeiting of foreign currency, or the direct support of such, with the intention of releasing it as legal tender into the market to devalue or otherwise defraud another member state.

2. The World Assembly Numismatics Authority (WANA) shall be reestablished and tasked with creating an investigative framework for the screening, detection, and source-tracking for counterfeit tender. The WANA shall liaise with relevant member state authorities to investigate, coordinate, and disseminate information on both state- and non-state-sanctioned counterfeiting operations.

3. The WANA shall inspect the minting facilities of member states for counterfeiting operations if there is credible evidence to suggest such an operation’s validity, and issue nonbinding evaluations of a member state’s anti-counterfeiting security.

4. Member states shall take necessary steps to suppress counterfeiting operations in their jurisdiction, including the confiscation and/or destruction of counterfeit tender and printing equipment, and the prompt notification of both the WANA and the entity whose tender is being counterfeited.

5. Member states will cooperate with WANA investigations to the fullest extent practicable, including maintaining a single point of contact with the WANA.

6. Member states are required to prosecute those individuals violating the provisions set forth in this law to the same degree that they would prosecute those involved in a comparable domestic counterfeiting operation.

"Even if this goes nowhere, I view this as an interesting exercise in navigating between the specific currency needs of each nation, barter systems, and what is generally considered contemporary or standard currency, and the issue of counterfeiting. You know, someday I'll have an entirely original idea, instead of seeing a flawed idea and improving upon it...Someday..."

The Federation Council creates a forum post:

We think this is a bad idea. Clause 2 is what killed it for me. Counterfeiting should be completely banned, no exceptions.

--Humpledinker Furhnwotter--
--Federation Council Chair--

Jackonia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jackonia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:07 am

Counterfeiting should be banned not just in Wartime, but all the time. Counterfeiting can reduce the value of currencies and have quite an impact on a Nation's Economy.

Bordurian Civil War (2015) - VICTORY
Cardulan War (2015) - VICTORY
Oehiton War (2015) - ONGOING
Kabarastan War (2015) -VICTORY
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
You can vote in the Jackonian General Election! Just follow the link. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=344401
Want to build Embassies? viewtopic.php?f=23&t=330096

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:29 am

"Gentlemen, it makes little sense for a nation to respect the sovereignty of a nation's currency while trying to destroy it. Nations in a declared state if war at least have the heads-up to watch for counterfeits. Besides, had I not allowed an exception for war, this likely wouldn't have even made quorum. Is not allowing a little evil to do greater good worth it?"

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:35 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Gentlemen, it makes little sense for a nation to respect the sovereignty of a nation's currency while trying to destroy it. Nations in a declared state if war at least have the heads-up to watch for counterfeits."

"I suppose there's also the chance that, faced with a ban on counterfeiting, nations at war would be forced to resort to excessive force, such as attacking civilian minting operations. Counterfeiting itself is a relatively nonviolent action that could nonetheless disrupt enemy economies to strategic advantage. Not that we'd endorse wartime counterfeiting, just that as you say, banning it would make very little sense.

"Our delegation, which normally opposes exemptions for war, has decided to support this one."

~ Vice-Colonel Truculent Bilgewater
Ambassador to the WA

Betoveria
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Betoveria » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Councilor Danson runs into the chamber,

"Sorry I'm late! Sorry I'm late! I fell asleep in the library reading Gone With the Wind to pass the time. Ya know, all those terrible Security Council Condemn-Liberate-Commend Resolutions? I thought they would never end. Still, best sleep I've had in weeks. That said, I am tossing my vote in favor. The Molvai has never been victim of counterfeiting, but we don't want to see it happen."

He takes a seat at his place in the chamber, straightens his tie, and begins brewing a carafe of Stone Creek Coffee.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:04 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:Anti-Counterfeiting Pact was passed 8,995 votes to 1,116.

Thanks Fris! Chalk another one up to the good guys!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives