NATION

PASSWORD

[Passed] Repeal Liberate Coalition of Freedom

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:41 am

Nordenwald wrote:
Riotopia wrote:
I get it you want to cover up a lie, that you want to refound the region and that all the natives are against riftend, but don't do that by lying some more.

You don't have the tiniest idea what Riftend has done since he got DEAted.

You aren't either in CoF or TEK, I doubt you have any idea what's going on.

Rifty wrote:I've got to say i don't give two shits xD We pulled out because we're done with there...moved to TEK. I'm helping out in TWP and hopefully going to be doing the same in Sicarius. Eitheway gold star in claiming CoF :)

Rifty wrote:We were all aware of LU's lack of loytalty....and i knew it was his account. I was pretty sure a raid would occur but as you may have noticed...we have no intentions on a refound. We pulled out our delegate. We got out our active citizens so well yea. Have fun with it :)

I bolded the important parts for you, and I even underlined the really important part.

I am not lying, this is straight from the mouth of the Prophet himself. He explicitly stated he did not have any intentions for a refound.

Problem?

Problem is you have failed to read anything recent xD

I made clear about 12 hours after all that i had said that as i was having a fairly poor morning and i needed time to work out what i was doing. I think i know above you what exactly im thinking.

Now what im thinking is a refound
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Nordenwald
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordenwald » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:12 am

Rifty wrote:
Nordenwald wrote:

I bolded the important parts for you, and I even underlined the really important part.

I am not lying, this is straight from the mouth of the Prophet himself. He explicitly stated he did not have any intentions for a refound.

Problem?

Problem is you have failed to read anything recent xD

I made clear about 12 hours after all that i had said that as i was having a fairly poor morning and i needed time to work out what i was doing. I think i know above you what exactly im thinking.

Now what im thinking is a refound

Could I please see those statements?

If you can prove that you were legitimately considering a refound within 12 hours of those posts, it would give your argument a lot more weight.
Strong Supporter of Austrian Economics
Proud Agorist Cheerleader
Smithdown and Wavertree wrote:Ron Paul was ordained by God to lead humanity into a golden age of prosperity and space travel and you spat it back in the face of the divine

you could have listened, you had a chance

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Nordenwald wrote:
Perhaps you could mention how Rifty suddenly started caring a whole awful lot about the region he abandoned when Matthew Hargreaves got elected delegate and began attempting to carry out the refound.

It's basically a "positional good" to him. Once he saw other getting interested in the region, he got interested as well.

I am personally conflicted about this. I mean from a strategic point of view, the liberation is harmful, but on the other hand, it gives TEK the chance to fight back and makes our quarrel with them a bit less boring.

Now as I pointed out in another thread, it was interesting that the liberation was made by Osiris, despite the fact that Nephmir in the past, known as Acitcratna at the time, was planning and dreaming about invading Osiris.

"The Great Liberation" as Nephmir called it, was a plan (and I quote) "to destroy The Black Riders and The Black Hawks"

It was part of "Phase 4: Regional Population Surge" The first stage "involves the ultimate siege of a region several thousand strong, who secretly support The Black Riders."

Whether the first stage of phase 4 was meant for Laz or TRR, that isn't clear. I assume it was TRR, because a short while later Nephmir had a puppet in there with some 60 or so endos. No one really knew exactly whom he was, and pretty much all of the endorsements he got were by the "endo 4 endo" method. The endeavour in TRR didn't go anywhere and simply died.

Now apparently the plans makes it that the invasion of TRR to be some sort of "training" to launch an attack on Osiris, whom as I stated is the most active feeder on the raiding arena.

Stage 2: [classified]- This stage involves the ultimate seige of a region several thousand strong, which participate in invasions with The Black Riders, occasionally, so as to get more nations. It is a sinker region, ruled by a nation from an Invader region, and the region itself will provide us with the means to carry out Phase 5.

At that time Venico was of course the pharaoh in Osiris and was an active member in TBR, and so Nephmir had his eyes on the region.

The plan just crashed and burned, but kudos to TEK on this. If you can't beat them, don't join them, instead make an alliance with them and let them do your dirty work.

Full text of "The Great Liberation" can be found here http://pastebin.com/s1NMMwru

But you know, I think this liberation isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things.

TEK as an R&D region is as ineffective as ever. Greater in quantity of course, but hardly any better in quality. Perhaps this liberation will give TEK a bit of an edge, because we're kinda getting bored in Sicarius.

So with this liberation and the armageddon firecracker, a.k.a The Great Liberation 2.0, maybe, just maybe, things will be just slightly less boring.

However, if Osiris knew about Nephmir's darker history, would they care? Would they still favor their "allies" or what they start supporting proposal like this one?

So overall I would vote yes for this, but I hope that TEK attempts a number of their failed liberations before such proposal passes. It would be interesting to watch them work.
Last edited by The Assassin ShadowX on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Stop using a telegram that I sent to you almost a year ago as my 'master plan' and lying to people about it! Honestly. That was a plan I created on demand in 5 minutes because you pressured me publicly to do so! Not to mention that was an experimental plan in an experimental region before I developed the plan I have now for TEK!

This is just utter nonsense, not to mention not even on topic of this thread.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

The Assassin ShadowX
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assassin ShadowX » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:34 pm

No lies here; it's a fact as clear as the sun that you wanted to take over Osiris because they are the most active feeder in the raiding community and at the time their delegate was a prominent member in TBR. So if you want lies, look at what you said. Only a fool would believe that you didn't mean Osiris and meant Laz and TRR. When on Earth did Laz have a regional invader unit? Please, do not attempt to sell us such feeble lies.

And the fact is that it all ties in perfectly. You planned (horribly) to take over Osiris, sometime later you developed relations with them, Osiris had no idea that you've ever had such intentions about their region, so they aided you in the liberation of CoF. Now I am left to wonder on what sort of stance they would have regarding this proposal, and how Osiris will play in your armangdon firecracker.
Last edited by The Assassin ShadowX on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:42 pm

The Assassin ShadowX wrote:No lies here; it's a fact as clear as the sun that you wanted to take over Osiris because they are the most active feeder in the raiding community and at the time their delegate was a prominent member in TBR. So if you want lies, look at what you said. Only a fool would believe that you didn't mean Osiris and meant Laz and TRR. When on Earth did Laz have a regional invader unit? Please, do not attempt to sell us such feeble lies.

And the fact is that it all ties in perfectly. You planned (horribly) to take over Osiris, sometime later you developed relations with them, Osiris had no idea that you've ever had such intentions about their region, so they aided you in the liberation of CoF. Now I am left to wonder on what sort of stance they would have regarding this proposal, and how Osiris will play in your armangdon firecracker.

I obviously wasn't around during this was stated by nephy but i feel like i can comment on the matter. people's opinion on regions change - and so do plans. Go back three months and there are regions i would happily have dragged down; and today i don't mind helping them. Example....Space. I originally went in there as a sleeper when i was with CoF...Now i like the people in there and would happily assist them in anything.

Cormac is an intelligent person - And i know for one he won't be swayed by months old abbandoned plans. If this is the kind of defense you guys are using now; your really scraping the bottom of the barrel
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Can you please take this little bitchfest to another forum, and quit spamming up my inbox?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Communist Victoria
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Victoria » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:33 pm

APPROVED as soon as i get my delegacy back, you might as well let SOMEONE utilise it.
What is the point of refouding it, you have tek, i have GDU/GE and Len has COF.
Australian, but hate the government.
External Affairs Minister For Gay Equality
I am a Moderate Left Social Libertarian
Left: 6.09, Libertarian: 2.14
Foreign Policy Score: -7.72 (anti-war)
Culture: -3.21

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Communist Victoria wrote:APPROVED as soon as i get my delegacy back, you might as well let SOMEONE utilise it.
What is the point of refouding it, you have tek, i have GDU/GE and Len has COF.

Cause i plan on refounding CoF and re-using it. That's how. Len has Madrigal and CAS
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:35 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:Can you please take this little bitchfest to another forum, and quit spamming up my inbox?

Len, Lex, and I swore not to send campaign TG's for this repeal, and to consult each other before reconsidering that. If anyone is *not* doing so, I'd appreciate hearing it :P As for others, I can't account for them, but I can ask those who want this to pass - please. Don't send more TG's. Everyone's gotten enough of them concerning this region, and at this point they're more likely to make them abstain or vote opposite of what you're talking about. If you have info that you desperately want to send out, I beg for you to come to us three with it rather than send it arbitrarily. THat way, if we send *any*, it'll be *one.*

I can't speak for those running the campaign against or any freelancers, but that's the policy the three us us sat down and decided on for us.

EDIT: And being practically broke was only a *small* factor in this decision :P
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:38 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:Can you please take this little bitchfest to another forum, and quit spamming up my inbox?

Len, Lex, and I swore not to send campaign TG's for this repeal, and to consult each other before reconsidering that. If anyone is *not* doing so, I'd appreciate hearing it :P As for others, I can't account for them, but I can ask those who want this to pass - please. Don't send more TG's. Everyone's gotten enough of them concerning this region, and at this point they're more likely to make them abstain or vote opposite of what you're talking about. If you have info that you desperately want to send out, I beg for you to come to us three with it rather than send it arbitrarily. THat way, if we send *any*, it'll be *one.*

I can't speak for those running the campaign against or any freelancers, but that's the policy the three us us sat down and decided on for us.

I'll be sending them if you guys do - or if we don't have a considerable lead
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Rifty wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:

I'll be sending them if you guys do - or if we don't have a considerable lead

You are already sending them:

Hounarble Delegate - Do NOT approve "Reapeal 'liberate Coalition of Freedom'."
The liberation was in place for the original members of CoF. This was in an attempt to allow us to refound under a respected member of the region - Not a well known raider who has utilised Black Rider forces to maintain delegacy.
The citizen base was asked whether or not they wished for a refound under the current delegate - They said no (page=poll/p=12239). This is just a blatent attept to allow for a raider organisation to hold onto a region rather than allowing the natives to deal with it as they so desired.
Feel free to ask me any questions!

Enough is fucking enough already!
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:12 pm

Len, Souls and myself aren't gonna send TG's.

Why?

1. We're broke/have better things to spend money on.

2. Rifty's spam-egrams are far better than any half-assed telegram campaign we could organize. :)
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Tantricia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tantricia » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:31 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Rifty wrote:Hounarable Delegate

We can see that Rifty is getting the full worth out of his telegram campaigns.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Tantricia wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Don't point shit like that out.... He will just spam us with another one!!
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Tantricia wrote:

Nah, I'll spam y'all out with a campaign TG :p

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:09 pm

District XIV wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Nah, I'll spam y'all out with a campaign TG :p

Already in motion....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:57 am

Get the title right.

Annoying as blackholes that someone can't even have the decency to name this properly.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:31 am

Tantricia wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Shall i resend it and fix the error? Or just appologise when i send the WA wide one? :unsure:
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Panait
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Panait » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:10 am

You fellows are having a fair bit of TG swarming, eh? Glad I'm not a Delegate.

I can also foresee the ensuing continuation of the argument carried over from the original liberation resolution thread as soon as this garners enough support. Given, Rifty and her opposers are already having some arguments here. I doubt my previous hopes that CoF will be refounded will happen without undergoing massive flame war. Quite the intensified manifestation of real world UN, don't you all think?
Last edited by Panait on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our nation has quite a vibrant history, you can also check out our national map. You can also click here to request an embassy.
You should check out our overly complex government structure.
Current News:
RP Stats:
Current leaders: James Norfolk | Nivrids Paulus-November | Sir Philip Andrews
Pop.: ~2,500,000
Active Military: ~50,000
Reserves: ~450,000

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:22 am

This is just breaking, so things may still change.... but we may have made peace with a large portion of the community.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:23 am

Elke and Elba wrote:Get the title right.

Annoying as blackholes that someone can't even have the decency to name this properly.

it went from [instarepeal] to [submitted] so chill out
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Mundiferrum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Mundiferrum » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:35 am

Blood Wine wrote:
Elke and Elba wrote:Get the title right.

it went from [instarepeal] to [submitted] so chill out

What? I thought Coalition of Freedom was already liberated! What - oh, it's a repeal.
It says '[Submitted] Liberate Coalition of Freedom', not the more appropriate '[Submitted] Repeal "Liberate Coalition of Freedom"'. EDIT: The topic title really should be changed; first time I saw this thread, I mistook this for an ill-advised redundancy, and quickly dismissed it.
Last edited by Mundiferrum on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
MARCVSGRAVELLIVSCISTERNAEMAGNORATOR-ORATORMVNDIFERRIADCONCILIVMMNDVM
Marcus Gravellius Cisternae Magnorator, Mundiferri Representative to the World Assembly
"Call me Gravey. Only my really close friends call me Marcus, and I don't think we're that close yet. Maybe."
No, we are not a nation of cat people. We're all humans (and a few annoying gnomes) here. The cat's just there because our king is such a genius, he saw that it would be a good military strategy to have a distractingly cute flag, to blind our enemies to (our) victory!
Technological level: FUTURE TECH. We also have MAGICAL TECH, and a lot of the people here still play with MEDIEVAL TECH and PRESENT TECH. We're cool that way.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:00 am

Okay, this is what I've got right now.

Rifty has founded another region, and is moving people there from TEK, mostly old CoF'ers. They're building embassies with CoF, and will support a refound so long as we open it up after....which we've only been talking about for a while now -_- SO assuming this is no trick, we're all good now and can get on with this at long last, hopefully with the passage of this legislation.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Okay, this is what I've got right now.

Rifty has founded another region, and is moving people there from TEK, mostly old CoF'ers. They're building embassies with CoF, and will support a refound so long as we open it up after....which we've only been talking about for a while now -_- SO assuming this is no trick, we're all good now and can get on with this at long last, hopefully with the passage of this legislation.

If Riftend confirms that he's supporting your refound, I won't oppose the repeal of the liberation resolution. This doesn't mean that I buy your story that you're going to open up the region for the natives -- I'm not that stupid -- but I only submitted the liberation resolution with the support of the region's Founder, so I'll only fight for it with his support as well.

I also will not have anything further to do with the squabbles between your various regions. Grow up. >_>

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives