NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate Coalition Of Freedom

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:What possible "military relationship" could you have with a dead region. Come on Cormac, be a little more inventive? The founder of the region said he didn't give a shit of the region was raided. What more proof do we need that this is nothing but a farce?

I was referring to a potential future military partnership with The Eternal Knights, where the community of Coalition of Freedom has moved.

You're picking apart comments in a way that doesn't even make sense, so I'm just going to move on from your nonsense now.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm obviously going to support this
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

The Leningrad Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Leningrad Union » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Rifty wrote:I'm obviously going to support this

I thought you didn't care about COF?
I founded Madrigal and Confederacy of Allied States. However, I have given up my power in both. I reside in Iraq currently. Come join me!

Parody of typical NSG sig:

NSG's resident Liberal Gay Atheist because there's totally no other liberals, gays or atheists here!
Impeach GP, Legalize RP, NSG 2016!
Mallorea and Riva should resign
*Insert some uneducated statement about how I support a stupid ideology that I heard about in my middle school social studies class*
*Insert some typical liberal and/or edgy statement about Gaza and/or Ukraine*

some popular TETer wrote:Leningrad iz kewl

some dude that agreed with me on a debate wrote:Just listen to Leningrad!

Xicirus
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Xicirus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Nephmir wrote:
I'll let The Eternal Knights address that particular line of argument, if they wish to.

Cormac speaks the truth... I asked for this proposal to be submitted. I didn't think he'd get this crap along with it.

The Leningrad Union wrote:Cormac, if this isn't a huge misunderstanding, you are literally spitting on raider unity. Trying to stop raiders so other raiders don't have anything happen to them is extremely and utterly disgraceful to the whole raider unity cause. I condemn your actions.

How dare someone with influence defy the all superior and all powerful Raider Unity? Get used to it, It's called "opposition", something Raiders haven't seen in years.

The Knights didn't actually have the military capabilities to refound, and covered their weakness with a ''we don't care attitude''. Very well, if they don't care, they shouldn't attempt to pass a liberation.

It's precisely this propaganda that's gotten us such a reputation of a weak and helpless Raider organization as of recent despite our surge of power and recent capabilities (that we have not even exercised yet) and the fact that our ideology is becoming a little more well known and supported. I'm sick of people spitting on TEK for no good reason, and I will not stand by and allow it any longer.

So you're saying that you have a powerful military, and no doubt the ability to refound COF if you wanted to. I'm not judging on that, it's possible, I don't know. In that case, the fact that you decided to abandon the region instead of securing it along with your comments shows that you have no desire to build it, keep it safe, or care whatsoever for it. In this case, with all its active members having moved to your region and others, and with you knowing that a raid would happen, you have no excuse at all for asking the council to liberate the region. You abandonned it, and this region isn't gonna grow on its down, it's dead. The Council isn't going to liberate it to satisfy your need for publicity and attention. That's all this is about, given how you handed the region to raiders.

Lescura
Lobbyist

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lescura » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:43 pm

CoF and TeK had already agreed to merge if either Nephmir or Riftend Cte'd. :)
SCR #155 "Repeal Liberate Coalition of Freedom

Pro: Egalitarianism, Libertarianism, Socrates, Secularism, Polycentric Law, Laissez Faire Capitalism
Neutral: Democracy, Abortions, UN, Objectivism,
Anti: Totalitarianism [All forms], Materialism, Progessivism, Nationalism, Feminism, Interventionism

I am an aspiring author, amateur psychologist with a passion for economics, political science and a love for all things interesting.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:47 pm

The Leningrad Union wrote:
Rifty wrote:I'm obviously going to support this

I thought you didn't care about COF?

Oh my - I don't care about the raid. However i love CoF~

But above all else - I dislike you :lol:
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

The Leningrad Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Leningrad Union » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Rifty wrote:
The Leningrad Union wrote:I thought you didn't care about COF?

Oh my - I don't care about the raid. However i love CoF~

I literally said that none of this was personal in any way. Thanks for bringing it on a whole new level.
I founded Madrigal and Confederacy of Allied States. However, I have given up my power in both. I reside in Iraq currently. Come join me!

NSG's resident Liberal Gay Atheist because there's totally no other liberals, gays or atheists here!
*Insert some uneducated statement about how I support a stupid ideology that I heard about in my middle school social studies class*

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Rifty wrote:Oh my - I don't care about the raid. However i love CoF~

I literally said that none of this was personal in any way. Thanks for bringing it on a whole new level.

Oh please - This is sooo personal. Why? because you brought up CAS...You really did this just to piss me off mate. Either way - I support this for numerous reasons.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

The Leningrad Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Leningrad Union » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Rifty wrote:
The Leningrad Union wrote:I literally said that none of this was personal in any way. Thanks for bringing it on a whole new level.

Oh please - This is sooo personal. Why? because you brought up CAS...You really did this just to piss me off mate. Either way - I support this for numerous reasons.

No, I didn't. I brought it up to give an extensive background on the situation.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Xicirus wrote:The Council isn't going to liberate it to satisfy your need for publicity and attention. That's all this is about, given how you handed the region to raiders.

Again, more propaganda (although I can understand this one as this actually used to be true). Notice I never announced any intentions. I only said that I asked for the liberation to be submitted.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Rifty wrote:Oh please - This is sooo personal. Why? because you brought up CAS...You really did this just to piss me off mate. Either way - I support this for numerous reasons.

No, I didn't. I brought it up to give an extensive background on the situation.

As i said:

"Oh please - This is sooo personal!"

There has been an anger from you for ages
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Xicirus
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Xicirus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Xicirus wrote:The Council isn't going to liberate it to satisfy your need for publicity and attention. That's all this is about, given how you handed the region to raiders.

Again, more propaganda (although I can understand this one as this actually used to be true). Notice I never announced any intentions. I only said that I asked for the liberation to be submitted.

Stop saying PROPAGANDA PROPAGANDA and consider my arguements. Stop playing the blind man.

Let's make it simple with Facts. When the founder was deleted, COF had a delegate with a very high endorsement count. A merge was decided with your region, and COF was abandonned, every active person was ordered to move out.
Two possibilities here. Either you want to keep COF as a region alive and growing, and you take steps to secure it. E.G, ordering your army to deploy on the delegate until he has enough influence to password, and then refound, or you abandon the region and hand it to the dogs. You know raiders don't like you, you know a raid is going to happen.

A raid happens. Perfect. You emptied the region, didn't leave any troops to protect it, a little longer and the region would have been a regular tag. The Security Council should not liberate a dead region that has been abandonned. It was already a warzone, a warzone it will remain with that liberation.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:06 pm

Xicirus wrote:
Nephmir wrote:Again, more propaganda (although I can understand this one as this actually used to be true). Notice I never announced any intentions. I only said that I asked for the liberation to be submitted.

Stop saying PROPAGANDA PROPAGANDA and consider my arguements. Stop playing the blind man.

Let's make it simple with Facts. When the founder was deleted, COF had a delegate with a very high endorsement count. A merge was decided with your region, and COF was abandonned, every active person was ordered to move out.
Two possibilities here. Either you want to keep COF as a region alive and growing, and you take steps to secure it. E.G, ordering your army to deploy on the delegate until he has enough influence to password, and then refound, or you abandon the region and hand it to the dogs. You know raiders don't like you, you know a raid is going to happen.

A raid happens. Perfect. You emptied the region, didn't leave any troops to protect it, a little longer and the region would have been a regular tag. The Security Council should not liberate a dead region that has been abandonned. It was already a warzone, a warzone it will remain with that liberation.

:lol2: you're the one that was founded only a few hours ago. Your intention here is clear. Either confront me with your main or at least a very convincing puppet or I will not answer your concerns.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Xicirus wrote:Stop saying PROPAGANDA PROPAGANDA and consider my arguements. Stop playing the blind man.

:lol2: you're the one that was founded only a few hours ago. Your intention here is clear. Either confront me with your main or at least a very convincing puppet or I will not answer your concerns.

Oh for the love of...

The "post with ur main noob" argument is one of the most useless arguement tactics on NS. It in no way effects their arguments.

Now actually give a decent rebuttal, instead of just hiding behind that inane and shitty "ur a puppet hur dur"
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:26 pm

Tano wrote:
Nephmir wrote: :lol2: you're the one that was founded only a few hours ago. Your intention here is clear. Either confront me with your main or at least a very convincing puppet or I will not answer your concerns.

Oh for the love of...

The "post with ur main noob" argument is one of the most useless arguement tactics on NS. It in no way effects their arguments.

Now actually give a decent rebuttal, instead of just hiding behind that inane and shitty "ur a puppet hur dur"

Thank you. Just wanted to confirm that you weren't a Raider. Now isn't this much more civilized?

We do not intend to refound the region. We intend to Liberate it for, as Rift said, multiple reasons. My personal reasoning being that I do not wish to see a password imposed on the region as the citizens who are now Eternal Knights do not wish to see it, and because the Raiders who have seized it have grown complacent, thinking that the battle has been won simply because Defenders refuse to do anything anymore, spitting on their graves and on TEK. I've had enough of it, and it's time to show people that we aren't pushovers or attention-seeking noobish Raiders.

Four ongoing major Raider occupations is beyond ridiculous. Somebody has to do something about it, and since Defenders have failed it's time for us to take a crack at it.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Nephmir wrote:
Tano wrote:Oh for the love of...

Thank you. Just wanted to confirm that you weren't a Raider. Now isn't this much more civilized?

We do not intend to refound the region. We intend to Liberate it for, as Rift said, multiple reasons. My personal reasoning being that I do not wish to see a password imposed on the region as the citizens who are now Eternal Knights do not wish to see it, and because the Raiders who have seized it have grown complacent, thinking that the battle has been won simply because Defenders refuse to do anything anymore, spitting on their graves and on TEK. I've had enough of it, and it's time to show people that we aren't pushovers or attention-seeking noobish Raiders.

Four ongoing major Raider occupations is beyond ridiculous. Somebody has to do something about it, and since Defenders have failed it's time for us to take a crack at it.

Um...that's not my puppet though...

Also, I am of the raiding ideology...
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:Please tell me someone is running a counter-camapign to this?

I have been assisting Leningrad union with a message that should begin to disperse shortly.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:21 pm

*sigh*

Against. I'd like to see that region occupied for a good long while :twisted:

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:29 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:
The Leningrad Union wrote:This wasn't even a TBR raid.

The Black Riders are listed on the WFE, and there were six Riders involved -- more than the combined contribution of the two other regions involved. This is not even to mention that Sicarius and Madrigal are essentially regarded as TBR Jr., when they're regarded as anything at all.

Quite rude to Sicarius and Madrigal considering that under that standard Osiris hasn't ever lead anything.

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:44 pm

What really pisses me off is that i had been offering to help in recruiting for Sic...Kinda a kick in the guts. I might actually stick with helping out the GCRs...They seem to be rather nice places ^-^
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:51 pm

The Leningrad Union wrote:Since there isn't a thread, I made one to discuss this proposal.

In future, give the author a chance to post one first.

Cormac A Stark wrote:That was quick. I was just about to post a thread. :P

If you want to edit the post of yours I'm quoting to include the proposal text, I can split it (and all the replies) out so it becomes the OP.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:06 am

I haven't decided which way I'm going to vote, but I will note that this is now definitely meltdown of the year worthy. It seems like this new region cycle of boom followed by cannibalistic bust gets better and better every year.

If TEK/old CoF want us to vote for, then I would want to hear that they have a plan to secure the region afterward. It seems odd to me to liberate a region the natives abandoned on their own, unless they are now saying they want it back? Though I suppose it looks just as silly to raid a region that has been abandoned and pretend you've defeated the leaders that would have left the region a while ago (granted, not the first time that claim has been made around here this summer).
AKA Weed

Rifty
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:15 am

Topid wrote:I haven't decided which way I'm going to vote, but I will note that this is now definitely meltdown of the year worthy. It seems like this new region cycle of boom followed by cannibalistic bust gets better and better every year.

If TEK/old CoF want us to vote for, then I would want to hear that they have a plan to secure the region afterward. It seems odd to me to liberate a region the natives abandoned on their own, unless they are now saying they want it back? Though I suppose it looks just as silly to raid a region that has been abandoned and pretend you've defeated the leaders that would have left the region a while ago (granted, not the first time that claim has been made around here this summer).

I (Being the founder) support this. Obviously we are going to have to take it back - something we have worked out that we can do without too much diffculty. Now obviously i can't just post on here exactly what we are going to do as it may affect how well it happenes. However i can assure you that we would be doing something with it.

I would love to refound it one day and grow it once again. However i can not do this until the liberation passes - as well as us claiming delegacy.

As you would know CoF harbored an active talkative community. This would be what CoF turned back into. I really would appreciate your vote mate. :)
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

The Federal Republic of Simonia
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Simonia » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:51 am

Rifty wrote:
Topid wrote:I haven't decided which way I'm going to vote, but I will note that this is now definitely meltdown of the year worthy. It seems like this new region cycle of boom followed by cannibalistic bust gets better and better every year.

I (Being the founder) support this. Obviously we are going to have to take it back - something we have worked out that we can do without too much diffculty. Now obviously i can't just post on here exactly what we are going to do as it may affect how well it happenes. However i can assure you that we would be doing something with it.

I would love to refound it one day and grow it once again. However i can not do this until the liberation passes - as well as us claiming delegacy.

As you would know CoF harbored an active talkative community. This would be what CoF turned back into. I really would appreciate your vote mate. :)

Yes, a talkative community that also threatens regions for no apparent reason...
This poster might possibly be Euro-Skeptic enough to join UKIP!
Low: My best Bro
Xana: The Ferret princess
(if you want in then ask)
My flag usually is of my favourite anime at the time, if you want to know what anime it is just ask.

Now the one and only psychotic scarf maker, want a scarf? Ask away!
Warning, scarves are not real scarves

Sad Times when you're ignored by friends ;-;

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 am

Let me make sure I'm understanding this all correctly.

Riftend took over a region over petty grievances, then had his own region taken over petty grievances, and now wants sympathy and support from the global community.

If you're gonna raid people, Rift, don't expect much sympathy when you get raided.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives