NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Riftend

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Communist Victoria
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Condemn Riftend

Postby Communist Victoria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi NS,
I have just realised why my proposal for condemn Riftend has been deleted twice!
It was because I put in a mention called "Questionable GAMEPLAY Tactics" which violated Rule 4, anyway, I hope this draft is better.

Condemn Riftend
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: Riftend

Proposed by: Communist Victoria

Description: KNOWING that the security council aims to spread peace and to condemn wrongdoers;

NOTICING the The Incorporated States of Riftend's deeds have been of a negative nature for the most part.

ADDRESSING negative acts, which include:

I. The Infiltration of The Greater Democratic Union II through a two month long operation were the admin password was received.

II. The revolution in The Confederacy of allied States which led to the displacement of over 250 citizens.

III. Questionable Milatia and Interaction Tactics

IV. Raid on St Abbaddon where The Incorporated States of Riftend was granted the password through the charade of a "Ambassador."

V. Frowned upon recruitment methods in which The Incorporated States of Riftend targets all WA monthly

VI. Raids on Greater Democratic Union, The Confederacy of allied States and many more.

NOTING ties to the condemned raiding organisation The Eternal Knights

HOPING that this condemnation will have The Incorporated States of Riftend avoid further actions;

HEREBY CONDEMNS The Incorporated States of Riftend
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Australian, but hate the government.
External Affairs Minister For Gay Equality
I am a Moderate Left Social Libertarian
Left: 6.09, Libertarian: 2.14
Foreign Policy Score: -7.72 (anti-war)
Culture: -3.21

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:28 pm

While the mention of regional passwords is fine - they are a part of and named as such in the game -, "admin password" might be a Rule 4 violation (it can only refer to an admin account on a website, no?). You should find a different phrasing.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:40 pm

Red = things that should be added or changed slightly
Struck out = things that should be removed
KNOWING that the Security Council aims to spread peace and to condemn wrongdoers;

NOTICING the The Incorporated States of Riftend's deeds have been of a negative nature for the most part.

I. The Infiltration of The Greater Democratic Union II through a two month long operation where in which the admin password was received.

II. The A revolution in The Confederacy of Allied States which led to the displacement of over 250 citizens nations.

III. Questionable Milatia military tactics and foreign interaction Tactics

IV. The raid on St Abbaddon where The Incorporated States of Riftend was granted the password through the charade of an "Ambassador".

V. Frowned upon Controversial recruitment methods in which The Incorporated States of Riftend targets all WA members monthly

VI. Raids on Greater Democratic Union, The Confederacy of allied States and many more.

NOTING ties to the condemned raiding organisation The Eternal Knights

HOPING that this condemnation will have The Incorporated States of Riftend avoid further actions;

Last edited by District XIV on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Riftend
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:48 pm

I did notice when the proposals went up some of the links were incorrect. The Confederacy of Allied States was the region affect by the revolution - not Confederacy of Allied States. Same with The Greater Democratic Union - you had forgotten "the." Hopefully that's helpful~

I still would be surprised if this ever did pass - not even sure if i'm for or against it yet aha
About Me
True Neutral
Economic Left/Right: 1.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Freedom is not a right - but a privilege provided through citizenship
------------------------------Raider------------------------------
| CoF Foreign Relations | Riftend's Factbook | CoF Overview |

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Regarding my removal suggestions for some things:

Don't use 'The Incorporated States of Riftend' for everything. For the body of the draft just use 'Riftend'.

Clause 'VI.' isn't needed because that just pointlessly summarizes things you've stated elsewhere in the resolution.
Last edited by District XIV on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Frattastan II wrote:While the mention of regional passwords is fine - they are a part of and named as such in the game -, "admin password" might be a Rule 4 violation (it can only refer to an admin account on a website, no?). You should find a different phrasing.

Perhaps "Leaders' " password might fit both the rules and the meaning?

EDIT: And District XIV crossed this out in his own proposed revision, but if you keep the bit about TEK ...It's misleading as is. Condemned by certain people and organizations? Maybe. "Condemned" in the WA sense, they are not.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Communist Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Victoria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Thank you guys. Based on your suggestions, The draft should now look like this.
KNOWING that the Security Council aims to spread peace and to condemn wrongdoers;

I. The Infiltration of The Greater Democratic Union II through a two month long operation in which the Leader's password was received.

II. A revolution in The Confederacy of Allied States which led to the displacement of over 250 nations.

III. Questionable military tactics and foreign interaction

IV. The raid on St Abbaddon where Riftend was granted the password through the charade of an "Ambassador".

V. Controversial recruitment methods in which Riftend targets all WA members monthly

HOPING that this condemnation will have Riftend avoid further actions;

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Hm. What do the more experienced people think about "access" instead of "the password" in IV?

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Hm. What do the more experienced people think about "access" instead of "the password" in IV?

If you're referring to a regional password, then using the term "password" is legal. See here.

As it stands, I'm against this proposal. Riftend hasn't done enough to warrant attention from the SC.

EDIT: If you're referring to an account password, then I'm pretty sure it's an illegal term. Just say something to the effect of: "Riftend forcefully took control of the region's founder," that should cover any R4 violations.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just some weeb.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:15 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Hm. What do the more experienced people think about "access" instead of "the password" in IV?

If you're referring to a regional password, then using the term "password" is legal. See here.

As it stands, I'm against this proposal. Riftend hasn't done enough to warrant attention from the SC.

Looking at that link, it seems founder would be legal if he wanted to use it (in the earlier line about GDU), though I see no mention of Admin. Founder is more accurate anyways :P

(And I'd probably be against too, but I like to try new things so today I'd trying to offer advice here :P)

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Looking at that link, it seems founder would be legal if he wanted to use it (in the earlier line about GDU), though I see no mention of Admin. Founder is more accurate anyways :P

(And I'd probably be against too, but I like to try new things so today I'd trying to offer advice here :P)

Admin is something I've never seen used, and would probably be a gray area, so I'd recommend using "Founder".

Stating my opinion about Riftend's actions not being worthy of a condemnation is also advice. It's indirectly showing the OP that there is more to SC authorship than just writing. You have to consider whether the nominee is worthy; and comparing the actions of the nominee to those previously condemned leaves you feeling underwhelmed.
Just some weeb.

Communist Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Victoria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:23 pm

I. The Infiltration of The Greater Democratic Union II through a two month long operation in which Riftend forcefully took control of the regional founder

II. A revolution in The Confederacy of Allied States which led to the displacement of over 250 nations.

IV. The raid on St Abbaddon where Riftend was granted leadership through the charade of an "Ambassador".

V. Controversial recruitment methods in which Riftend targets all WA members monthly

HOPING that this condemnation will have Riftend avoid further actions;

EDIT: Changed obtained password to Took control.
EDIT2: St abbdanon - granted leadership instead of the password

Also, it may be a bit underwhelming, but i got 5 responses from delegates who actually approved of this. and some affected nations.

Anyway I thank you for your help

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Looking at that link, it seems founder would be legal if he wanted to use it (in the earlier line about GDU), though I see no mention of Admin. Founder is more accurate anyways :P

Admin is something I've never seen used, and would probably be a gray area, so I'd recommend using "Founder".

Stating my opinion about Riftend's actions not being worthy of a condemnation is also advice. It's indirectly showing the OP that there is more to SC authorship than just writing. You have to consider whether the nominee is worthy; and comparing the actions of the nominee to those previously condemned leaves you feeling underwhelmed.

Yea i myself am still not sure if what i have done is enough - however i know i have pissed of enough people to get enough approvals. :rofl:
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Riftend wrote:Yea i myself am still not sure if what i have done is enough - however i know i have pissed of enough people to get enough approvals. :rofl:

There are people who will approve anything, as evidenced by how the first Commend McMasterdonia got to vote.
Just some weeb.

Communist Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Victoria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Is it fine?
Not breaking any rules or anything?
Because i am about to submit it.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Riftend wrote:Yea i myself am still not sure if what i have done is enough - however i know i have pissed of enough people to get enough approvals. :rofl:

Something to be proud of I'm sure....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:04 pm

Communist Victoria wrote:Is it fine?

I see nothing illegal in this draft, but that doesn't mean its legal--there could be a hidden illegality I'm not seeing.

Also, just because a proposal doesn't have any illegalities doesn't mean that it's a good, or even decent, draft. This is a bad draft that only tells me Riftend has done some "questionable" things.
Last edited by Ramaeus on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just some weeb.

Communist Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Victoria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
Communist Victoria wrote:Is it fine?

I see nothing illegal in this draft, but that doesn't mean its legal--there could be a hidden illegality I'm not seeing.

Also, just because a proposal doesn't have any illegalities doesn't mean that it's a good, or even decent, draft. This is a bad draft that only tells me Riftend has done some "questionable" things.

Well i can try my luck. and if it fails, wait.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Communist Victoria wrote:Well i can try my luck. and if it fails, wait.

Take a look at some of the more recent condemnations--look at the information they use, their style, etc. This will help you gain some idea of what is and isn't condemn worthy. Afterwords, redraft this proposal.
Just some weeb.

Communist Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Victoria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:22 pm

FINAL COPY- THIS IS WHAT I AM SUBMITTING UNLESS YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT MA BE ILLEGAL

NOTICING deeds done by The Incorporated States of Riftend have had a negative impact for the most part.

I. The Infiltration of The Greater Democratic Union II through a two month long operation in which Riftend forcefully took control of the regional founder

IV. The raid on St Abbaddon where Riftend was granted leadership through the charade of an "Ambassador".

HOPING that this condemnation will have avoid further actions;

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Communist Victoria wrote:FINAL COPY- THIS IS WHAT I AM SUBMITTING UNLESS YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT MA BE ILLEGAL

NOTICING deeds done by The Incorporated States of Riftend have had a negative impact for the most part.

Please don't. You are only going to embarrass yourself....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Wrapper
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wrapper » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Communist Victoria wrote:NOTICING deeds done by The Incorporated States of Riftend have had a negative impact for the most part.

"...for the most part"? Sounds very wishy-washy to me.

Ditto.

Really? I've been in the WA for several months now. Haven't seen anything from Riftend.

Seriously? I don't think a dull black badge stops anyone from doing what they're doing.

Cannot support this draft.

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Wrapper wrote:
Communist Victoria wrote:NOTICING deeds done by The Incorporated States of Riftend have had a negative impact for the most part.

"...for the most part"? Sounds very wishy-washy to me.

Ditto.

Really? I've been in the WA for several months now. Haven't seen anything from Riftend.

Seriously? I don't think a dull black badge stops anyone from doing what they're doing.

Have you blocked recruitment telegrams? O.o

I just sent my third mass WA telegram.
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Riftend wrote:
Wrapper wrote:"...for the most part"? Sounds very wishy-washy to me.

Ditto.

Have you blocked recruitment telegrams? O.o

You do realize the Arnhelm Declaration regions are not going to take too kindly to that. But meh.... It is no worse than the GGR spamming the feeder boards twice a day....

Still not condemnable.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

Riftend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Riftend » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Riftend wrote:Have you blocked recruitment telegrams? O.o

You do realize the Arnhelm Declaration regions are not going to take too kindly to that. But meh.... It is no worse than the GGR spamming the feeder boards twice a day....

Still not condemnable.

You do realize I don't care what the Arnhelm signatories have to say. I have not signed it and never plan on signing it. My recruitment methods have been effective and will continue to be effective. They can try and bring down the region or whatever - until than i plan on stealing more citizens. :lol:
About Me
True Neutral
Prophet of
The
Coalition of Freedom

Next

Advertisement