NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Quality in Health Services

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 pm

OOC - and sorry for answering OOC: Deeply sorry if SP passed the wrong impression. SP does not have a fingernail against Nations who are happy providing as much Welfare as they think they should and can do so. He does have nuclear weapons against Nations - observer Nations! - who come to the WA to mock it, and then blabber how much more Holier-than-Ev'rybody they are on account of being extreme capitalists, when the cold truth is Sionis Prioratus is more capitalistic than they all are. But, if there are Nations actually, truly happy with Welfare, who is Sionis Prioratus to judge? No-one. Back to IC...)

OOC:First off my UnDelegate does not generally mock - he may speak forcefully, negatively, and bluntly - and yes I will certainly admit to mockery when the proposal deserves it. No do I hold some holier-than-thou attitude, especially over being some sort of "extreme capitalist". I personally far prefer capitalism to nanny state-ism. But then again I'm a Texan... And quite seriously in answer to your misplaced ( in an OOC post?) threat of nuclear weapons against non WA nations. you're a 2009 nation, I'm a 2005 nation...Think about it.

to finish, let me say that he has not spoken mockingly - you'll know it, without any doubts, when he does.

IC: "The problem with this resolution, as I see it, is that it tries too very hard to make one size, one fashion, fit all. There are various methods that are all pretty much equally effective, why limited it to just one, namely yours?"

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:02 pm

The Imperial Chiefdom of Krioval continues to oppose this legislation. We will attempt to articulate our opposition in the following:

Sionis Prioratus wrote:THE PEOPLES OF THE WORLD ASSEMBLED,

RECOGNIZING health care is a universal human right and a duty of every Nation, guaranteed through social and economic policies aimed at reducing the risk of disease and universal & equal access to the actions & services for its promotion, protection and recovery;

FURTHER RECOGNIZING health actions & services have the highest public relevance, being the duty of the Nations to have, under the law, government regulation, supervision and control, to be carried out directly or through third parties, and the duty of the World Health Authority (WHA) in assisting such actions if, and only if, so asked by any Nation;

Krioval does not recognize these claims as fact in the Imperial Chiefdom, its territories, or for its population. We take exception with the idea that healthcare must be classified as having the "highest public relevance", and we are concerned that the ideology of the above phrases are an attempt to impose a single system of administration for healthcare onto the diversity of the nations of this Assembly. We do not, however, predicate our further objections merely on ideology, but on the language of this legislation.

DO THEREFORE ESTABLISH:

1) The public health actions & services shall integrate a regionalized network and constitute separate, single systems in each and every Nation, organized according to the following guidelines:

a) Full coverage, with priority given to preventive activities, without prejudice to assistance services;
b) Community participation;
c) Cooperation between Nations.

Krioval does not, as a rule, espouse cooperation with those nations that would seek to harm us, and while the idea of international cooperation is a positive one, it is remarkably difficult to legislate in a way that does not capriciously endanger some nations. Further, we find clause 1a) to be a contradiction - it is impossible to give priority to one activity and not, in doing so, create a prejudice in favor of that activity. The Imperial Chiefdom does feel that preventive medicine is a critical component of healthcare, but we cannot say that it is given priority over other forms. We aim to prevent illness and to treat it where it appears with the same vigor and tenacity.

We do not object to the idea of community participation, though we are unclear as to the recommended scope of the word "community".

3) The International Humanitarian Aid Coordination Committee (IHACC) shall provide voluntary human health care resources and donated medical supplies to Nations that ask for such help, due to issues such as, but not limited to, extreme poverty or disasters (as defined in international law).

While we would have preferred that medical (and other material) assistance during times of crisis be dealt with explicitly in special legislation, we cannot object to its inclusion here.

4) Nations and any political subdivisions shall:

a) Invest, at least annually, in public health actions & services, aiming at the gradual reduction of regional disparities;
b) Establish together the standards of review, evaluation and control of expenditure on health in the Universal, National and local spheres;
c) The WHA shall assist the shaping of said standards if, and only if, so asked by any Nation.

With all due respect toward its author, what is the ultimate impact of this phrasing? Krioval began its critique concerned that this proposal sought to create a "one-size-fits-all" medical regimen by WA fiat, and now we are wondering whether it has any real impact other than to direct money toward one specific interest. Further, while Krioval does contain "political subdivisions" that ordinarily do not deal with healthcare, do those groupings need to become involved under this proposal?

6) Nations shall retain full freedom to allow or not, participation of private enterprise in their health care systems.

a) It is forbidden to allocate public funds to aid or provide grants to for-profit private health care institutions;
b) The National laws shall provide for the conditions and requirements to facilitate the removal of organs, tissues and substances for human transplantation, research and treatment;
c) The National laws shall provide for collection, processing and transfusion of blood and its derivatives, which are forbidden any kind of marketing.

Why are these clauses included? Is it really necessary to deny funding to organizations that might make money if they are developing cures or treatments for diseases? What if the research arm of a company is not running a profit, but the marketing and sales divisions are? Would they still be restricted from receiving grants under this proposal? Also, the final clause here is disturbing - plenty of research laboratories in the Imperial Chiefdom purchase blood and blood products from a variety of species, including human, that are critical elements of immunology and pathology research. Research cadavers are also supplied at a nominal cost - which is transmitted to the estate of the deceased - and we worry that such a practice could even constitute a "grant" to a for-profit private institution.

7) The health care system is responsible for, in accordance with international law:

a) Performing actions to promote the health of the worker;
b) Organizing the training of human resources in health;
c) Participating in policy formulation and implementation of basic sanitation actions.

"The worker"? Frequently in the Imperial Chiefdom, it is those individuals who are sickest who are also incapable of productive labor. We do not object in principle to the remainder of this clause.

In summation, the Imperial Chiefdom of Krioval cannot endorse this legislation partly due to ideological differences with the text and partly due to our objections with its intended method of execution. We express our hope that this topic can be revisited in a way that accomplishes its goals without either being too diffuse or too authoritarian; we acknowledge the difficulty in addressing such a vast issue in such a manner and hope that this proposal's author is up to the challenge.

Ambassador Darvek[-kan] Tyvok
Imperial Chiefdom of Krioval

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:03 pm

I feel that I haven't gotten my thoughts across successfully. I believe that the only thing this proposal ought to do is (a) declare health care a human right and (b) provide the humanitarian aid I mentioned in my previous address. Currently, I believe the WHA funding clause in Article 2 is acceptable, as well as Articles 3, 4, and 7. While 6a and 6b are agreeable, they seem to belong to a different proposal, if you understand my meaning.

[float=left]Dr. Bradford William Castro

Ambassador-at-Large,
Permanent Chief of Mission for World Assembly affairs,
the Commonwealth of Glen-Rhodes
[/float][float=right]Image[/float]

Sionis Prioratus wrote:Free Hawaii is ranked 21,061st in the world for Largest Welfare Programs (per capita). Sionis Prioratus is ranked 49,150th in the world for Largest Welfare Programs (per capita).

OOC: And Glen-Rhodes, of course, is the most noble and moral of the bunch, which a ranking of 2,245th in the world for Largest Welfare Programs (per capita). :)

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 pm

RECOGNIZING health care is a universal human right and a duty of every Nation, guaranteed through social and economic policies aimed at reducing the risk of disease and universal & equal access to the actions & services for its promotion, protection and recovery;

FURTHER RECOGNIZING health actions & services have the highest public relevance, being the duty of the Nations to have, under the law, government regulation, supervision and control, to be carried out directly or through third parties, and the duty of the World Health Authority (WHA) in assisting such actions if, and only if, so asked by any Nation;

This should be revised to:

RECOGNIZING that:
• Healthcare is a universal human right and the duty of every Nation, guaranteed through social and economic policies aimed at: reducing the risk of disease, treating injuries and illness, and promoting universal & equal access to healthcare services;
• Healthcare services have the highest public relevance, being the duty of the Nations to have, under the law, government regulation, supervision and control, to be carried out directly or through third parties, and the duty of the international community in assisting such actions on request, by any member state;

It seemed to read like "reducing the risk of universal & equal access to the actions & services for its promotion, protection and recovery".

Oh, and I would ditto with Dr. Castro for Glen-Rhodes. The blood transfusion bit of 6c is pointless, particularly. Also, I am not sure what role the WHA has now. The preamble should not mention the WHA for HoC reasons.

Yours etc,

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:03 pm

I would like to ask the leaders of each nation how much the lives of their citizens cost. If you say anything but that they are priceless, then you do not deserve to run your nation.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Threlizdun wrote:I would like to ask the leaders of each nation how much the lives of their citizens cost. If you say anything but that they are priceless, then you do not deserve to run your nation.

Your opinion is noted. We have also noted that nobody in your nation is eligible to vote in our elections, nor are they a member of our Royal Family. In light of that, we reject your opinion on who does or does not "deserve" to run our nation anyhow, as you have no say in that. We shall let other nations answer for themselves, but we doubt that the answer would be substantially different in feeling.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:23 pm

Threlizdun wrote:I would like to ask the leaders of each nation how much the lives of their citizens cost. If you say anything but that they are priceless, then you do not deserve to run your nation.

A noble sentiment, Excellency, but one that even your own government surely violates.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Krioval wrote:

A noble sentiment, Excellency, but one that even your own government surely violates.

No, ambassador.

They truly are priceless, * defenestrates one of his advisors out of the window*

I mean, priceless as in, worth nothing.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Unibotian WASC Mission wrote:
Krioval wrote:

No, ambassador.

They truly are priceless, * defenestrates one of his advisors out of the window*

That definition had, in fact, occurred to us as well. Great minds, and all, I suppose.

~ Darvek[-kan]

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Krioval wrote:
Unibotian WASC Mission wrote:
Krioval wrote:

No, ambassador.

That definition had, in fact, occurred to us as well. Great minds, and all, I suppose.

~ Darvek[-kan]

The lives of my citizens are worth what they make of them, of course, if your looking for a number then it's approximately -30 D per capita, yes that's right a negative, or do be more precise that is how much we spend on them for services minus what we make from taxes, we'd like to eliminate that tax burden but it does give us the ability to save some money away for rainy days, plus really, whose going to be upset about paying 30 bucks for all those services, o.k. well 30 denarii and 27% Flat Citizen's Income Tax.
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Altani WA Mission
Secretary

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altani WA Mission » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:38 am

Not to quibble too much, but as long as we're discussing revising the section about "RECOGNIZING health care is a universal human right", can we dispense with the word "human"? Not everyone in the WA is human, and the phrasing "universal right" would still get the message across. And yes, I know this point has been raised before; it does not change our objection to the phrasing involved.

That being said, as it stands right now, my government could see itself supporting this, even if that change is not made.

-Nikolai Nagashybyuly, Ambassador
Last edited by Altani WA Mission on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The WA Mission of the Altani Federation
Honor above all else!

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Bumping. New Draft soon.

Freeoplis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Freeoplis » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:08 am

Whatever form such a proposal shall take this Nation wholeheartedly will support any universal health care legislation.
The Republic of Freeoplis
Region of Absolution

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:13 am

Freeoplis wrote:Whatever form such a proposal shall take this Nation wholeheartedly will support any universal health care legislation.

Thanks, Your Honor. As Your Honor's Delegation gets more used to WA's Ways & Means, Your Honor shall see everybody can agree and disagree on just about everything.
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Freeoplis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Freeoplis » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:16 am

We are appreciative and welcoming of your Excellency's guidance in such matters.
The Republic of Freeoplis
Region of Absolution

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Answering in preparation for the next draft

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
5) The local managers of the health care system may allow health community agents to combat endemic diseases, according to nature and complexity of their tasks and requirements for its operation.

Is that covered by the Epidemic Response Act?

Most Hon. Delegate:

Unfortunately, I believe there may be occurring a confusion between the definition of epidemies and endemies. Therefore, no it is not covered.

Yours truly,

OOC: http://www.epizone-eu.net/Lists/FAQ%20Questions/DispForm.aspx?ID=86
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the Name of
A simple truth

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Answering in preparation for the next draft

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Whilst we regret no phrasing of this text will satisty Your Honor's Delegation, nonetheless we praise your effort to address the substance of the text, and we will try address those concerns.

Krioval wrote:[...]we are concerned that the ideology of the above phrases are an attempt to impose a single system of administration for healthcare onto the diversity of the nations of this Assembly.

Sir, the so-called "ideology" does nothing; the operative clauses do. We would assume that it should be clear by now that each Nation will have its own system, tailored to each Nation's ideology and/or preferences.

Krioval wrote:We do not, however, predicate our further objections merely on ideology, but on the language of this legislation.

DO THEREFORE ESTABLISH:

1) The public health actions & services shall integrate a regionalized network and constitute separate, single systems in each and every Nation, organized according to the following guidelines:

a) Full coverage, with priority given to preventive activities, without prejudice to assistance services;
c) Cooperation between Nations.

Krioval does not, as a rule, espouse cooperation with those nations that would seek to harm us, and while the idea of international cooperation is a positive one, it is remarkably difficult to legislate in a way that does not capriciously endanger some nations.

We will try to address this point in the next draft.

Krioval wrote:Further, we find clause 1a) to be a contradiction - it is impossible to give priority to one activity and not, in doing so, create a prejudice in favor of that activity. The Imperial Chiefdom does feel that preventive medicine is a critical component of healthcare, but we cannot say that it is given priority over other forms. We aim to prevent illness and to treat it where it appears with the same vigor and tenacity.

This "priority paradox" will be eliminated in the next draft.

Krioval wrote:Further, while Krioval does contain "political subdivisions" that ordinarily do not deal with healthcare, do those groupings need to become involved under this proposal?

Next draft will deal only with Nations.

Krioval wrote:
6) Nations shall retain full freedom to allow or not, participation of private enterprise in their health care systems.

a) It is forbidden to allocate public funds to aid or provide grants to for-profit private health care institutions;
b) The National laws shall provide for the conditions and requirements to facilitate the removal of organs, tissues and substances for human transplantation, research and treatment;
c) The National laws shall provide for collection, processing and transfusion of blood and its derivatives, which are forbidden any kind of marketing.

Why are these clauses included? Is it really necessary to deny funding to organizations that might make money if they are developing cures or treatments for diseases? What if the research arm of a company is not running a profit, but the marketing and sales divisions are? Would they still be restricted from receiving grants under this proposal? Also, the final clause here is disturbing - plenty of research laboratories in the Imperial Chiefdom purchase blood and blood products from a variety of species, including human, that are critical elements of immunology and pathology research. Research cadavers are also supplied at a nominal cost - which is transmitted to the estate of the deceased - and we worry that such a practice could even constitute a "grant" to a for-profit private institution.

The "blood clause" will be removed. As for "deny funding to organizations that might make money if they are developing cures or treatments for diseases" it is not the first Delegation to reveal a certain level of confusion between "pharmaceutical industries" (outside the scope of this text - and - already addressed by a previous Resolution) and "Health Care providers". A "clarification clause" is hence needed.

As fierce believers in Capitalism ourselves, we find it immoral that taxpayer money should be used to stifle enterpreneurship and innovation; Capitalism that depends on money from any government is hardly Capitalism at all; capitalists should rise and fall on their own merits alone.

Krioval wrote:
7) The health care system is responsible for, in accordance with international law:

c) Participating in policy formulation and implementation of basic sanitation actions.

"The worker"? Frequently in the Imperial Chiefdom, it is those individuals who are sickest who are also incapable of productive labor. We do not object in principle to the remainder of this clause.

We will drop the "Worker Clause" because it is not actually needed; we already have General Assembly Resolution #7:
Workplace Safety Standards Act
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: The Dourian Embassy

Description: Believing that employees have the right to safe working conditions while at their workplace;

Understanding that a unified standard by which to measure workplace safety may lead to a reduction of workplace accidents, reduce health care costs, and help save lives;

The World Assembly, hereby:

1) Defines, as pertaining to this resolution:
A) An employee as any individual who performs a task or tasks for compensation that is not self employed, employed in law enforcement, or in the military.
B) A workplace as any location where an employee completes a task or tasks for compensation.

2) Guarantees the right of all employees to a safe working environment.

3) Requires that all chemicals be properly labeled, and that safety information be easily accessible in all workplaces pertaining to the chemical that include but are not limited to:
A) Physical data
B) Toxicity
C) Health effects
D) First aid instructions
E) Reactivity
F) Storage
G) Disposal
H) Protective equipment
I) Spill handling procedures
J) Flammability
K) Radioactivity

4) Requires that all workplaces establish minimum standards for Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) to ensure the safety of employees with full understanding of the hazards and environments employees may face.

5) Requires that all employees be provided with or provide their own PPE and that they be required to use them.

6) Requires that the workplace be reasonably free of safety hazards, that all equipment and tools can be safely operated, and that the workplace be maintained in such a state as long as employees are present.

7) Requires that all employees be trained to safely handle any hazardous materials they are required to work with or near.

8) Requires that proper training for tool, machine, and motorized vehicle operation be provided when employees are required to use them in the course of their work.

9) Requires a reasonable amount of emergency exits be provided that allow all employees to leave the workplace quickly.

10) Requires that emergency exits be kept accessible and clearly marked.

11) Requires that employees not enter or remain at a workplace when their ability to work safely is impaired to the point of endangering themselves or those around them.

12) Requires that all employees refrain from purposefully neglecting safety precautions in workplaces.

13) Requires that each nation ensure that within it there exist at least one adequately funded governmental body that inspects work sites and ensures compliance with this act throughout its territory.

14) Accepts that nothing in this resolution bars more stringent workplace safety standards.

Co-Authored by Yelda

Votes For: 7,675
Votes Against: 2,513

Implemented Mon May 12 2008

Krioval wrote:In summation, the Imperial Chiefdom of Krioval cannot endorse this legislation partly due to ideological differences with the text and partly due to our objections with its intended method of execution. We express our hope that this topic can be revisited in a way that accomplishes its goals without either being too diffuse or too authoritarian; we acknowledge the difficulty in addressing such a vast issue in such a manner and hope that this proposal's author is up to the challenge.

We will try in good faith. Pray do feel free to ask any further questions.

Yours truly,
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the Name of
A simple truth

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:

RECOGNIZING that:
• Healthcare is a universal human right and the duty of every Nation, guaranteed through social and economic policies aimed at: reducing the risk of disease, treating injuries and illness, and promoting universal & equal access to healthcare services;
• Healthcare services have the highest public relevance, being the duty of the Nations to have, under the law, government regulation, supervision and control, to be carried out directly or through third parties, and the duty of the international community in assisting such actions on request, by any member state;

It seemed to read like "reducing the risk of universal & equal access to the actions & services for its promotion, protection and recovery".

Oh, and I would ditto with Dr. Castro for Glen-Rhodes. The blood transfusion bit of 6c is pointless, particularly. Also, I am not sure what role the WHA has now. The preamble should not mention the WHA for HoC reasons.

Yours etc,

As the WHA is a Committee, that shall not engender a HoC. Should the Resolution which instituted WHA be repealed, the WHA itself will function in the limited capacity subsequent Resolutions granted it. And there are a lot of them.

The preamble will be clarified.

Yours truly,
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the Name of
A simple truth

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Altani WA Mission wrote:Not to quibble too much, but as long as we're discussing revising the section about "RECOGNIZING health care is a universal human right", can we dispense with the word "human"? Not everyone in the WA is human, and the phrasing "universal right" would still get the message across. And yes, I know this point has been raised before; it does not change our objection to the phrasing involved.

That being said, as it stands right now, my government could see itself supporting this, even if that change is not made.

-Nikolai Nagashybyuly, Ambassador

After some legal and soul-searching, the change will be made.

Yours truly,
In the Name of
A simple truth

Charlotte Ryberg

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:

RECOGNIZING that:

Yours etc,

As the WHA is a Committee, that shall not engender a HoC. Should the Resolution which instituted WHA be repealed, the WHA itself will function in the limited capacity subsequent Resolutions granted it. And there are a lot of them.

The preamble will be clarified.

Yours truly,

I am satisfied with the modification: the honoured ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg does indeed pay attention to ensure the best survivability of resolutions.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 pm

THE PEOPLES OF THE WORLD ASSEMBLED,

RECOGNIZING health care is a universal right and a duty of every Nation, guaranteed through social and economic policies aimed at: universal & equal access to the actions & services for health promotion, protection and recovery; reducing the risk of disease;

DO THEREFORE ESTABLISH:

a) Full coverage: preventive activities and assistance services;
c) Cooperation between Nations that are not at war amongst themselves.

2) The health care system shall be financed by National budgets as well as other private voluntary sources; the WHA may also fund at the request of any Nation, but not before a thorough audit of the health care system, so as to ensure transparency and the honesty of the process.

3) The International Humanitarian Aid Coordination Committee (IHACC) shall provide voluntary health care personnel and donated medical supplies to Nations that ask for such help, due to issues such as, but not limited to, extreme poverty or disasters.

4) Nations shall:

a) Invest, at least annually, in public health actions & services, aiming at the gradual reduction of regional health disparities;
b) Establish the standards of review, evaluation and control of expenditure on health;
c) The WHA shall assist the shaping of said standards if, and only if, so asked by any Nation.

5) Nations' managers of the health care system may allow health community agents to combat endemic diseases, according to nature and complexity of their tasks and requirements for its operation.

b) The National laws shall provide for the conditions and requirements to facilitate the removal of organs, tissues and substances for human transplantation, research and treatment.
c) For greater clarity, and for the strict purposes of this Resolution, pharmaceutical industries are not to be considered health care institutions.

a) Organizing the training of human resources in health;
b) Participating in policy formulation and implementation of basic sanitation actions.
Third Edit. Deletions striked. Rewrites and additions in red.

THE PEOPLES OF THE WORLD ASSEMBLED,

DO THEREFORE ESTABLISH:

c) Cooperation between Nations that are not at war amongst themselves.

2) The health care system shall be financed by National budgets as well as other private voluntary sources; the WHA may also fund at the request of any Nation, but not before a thorough audit of the health care system, so as to ensure transparency and the honesty of the process.

3) The International Humanitarian Aid Coordination Committee (IHACC) shall provide voluntary human health care resources and donated medical supplies to Nations that ask for such help, due to issues such as, but not limited to, extreme poverty or disasters (as defined in international law).

4) Nations and any political subdivisions shall:

a) Invest, at least annually, in public health actions & services, aiming at the gradual reduction of regional health disparities;
b) Establish together the standards of review, evaluation and control of expenditure on healthin the Universal, National and local spheres;

5) The local managers of the health care system may allow health community agents to combat endemic diseases, according to nature and complexity of their tasks and requirements for its operation.

c) For greater clarity, and for the strict purposes of this Resolution, pharmaceutical industries are not to be considered health care institutions.

Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Sun May 09, 2010 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the Name of
A simple truth

Charlotte Ryberg

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:55 pm

It is starting to look better but the preamble still needs grammar and style cleaning. For example:

DO THEREFORE ESTABLISH:

1) The public health actions & services shall integrate a regionalized network and constitute separate, single systems in each and every Nation...

This should be like:

The World Assembly therefore::

1) MANDATES that the public health actions & services shall integrate a regionalized network and constitute separate, single systems in each and every Nation...

Also, it may sound easier to use the phrase "health services" instead of "health actions & services".

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:57 pm

I case there was any doubt, we are still opposed to this blatant social engineering
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:I case there was any doubt, we are still opposed to this blatant social engineering

No doubt as to your opposition, Most Hon. Delegate, but we mantain this is indeed not "social enginneering" at all. It is devoid of ideological bias; it serves Capitalist and Socialist Nations in equal measure, in fact, it furthers their successes without tipping the balance to either side.

Yours truly,
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the Name of
A simple truth

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:08 pm

As we've stated before we have no issue with the operative clauses of this resolution, and are pleased with the de-emphasis on "human" rights. We lend the measure our full support.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives