NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

[DEFEATED] Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"

Postby Moronist Decisions » Fri May 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Proposed by Equality and Liberty - no thread seen.

Seeing that, Liberal Haven, a region previously under attack, has been successfully liberated, and the region has restored a rightful, native elected delegate.

Noting that all the previous invaders of the region have been banned, and no longer pose a threat.

Clarifying that the new delegate may want to put a Native-Made password on the region for their safety and the continued safety of the region.

With this in mind, the resolution
hereby repeals "Liberate Liberal Haven"
Last edited by Mousebumples on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: De-stickied
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Fri May 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Europeia votes AGAINST this repeal. While we acknowledge that Liberal Haven has been liberated, we find that it is still under threat from Nazis, and repeal of such a liberation may be detrimental to the success of the region recovering from such. We further find there to be no publicly stated native support for this repeal.

Moronist Decisions
World Assembly Delegate for Europeia
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Fri May 30, 2014 9:15 pm

delegate with only 2 endos?

Yeah bad idea, not time yet. Against.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Fri May 30, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks to Moronist Decisions for starting a topic for this. I'll just post a modified version of the campaign telegram I've just sent to all Delegates.

As the author of Liberate Liberal Haven, I am deeply concerned for the well-being of the natives of Liberal Haven and for their security against further Nazi invasion. As of this time and despite the repeal author's claims, there is no indication that the natives of Liberal Haven want the liberation resolution repealed or want to impose password protection upon the region.

Moreover, the defending forces of the Lazarene Liberation Army have indicated here that the Nazi and Fascist coalition of Right Wing Uprising is still trying to plant sleeper nations in Liberal Haven for the purpose of once again invading and occupying the region. We need to ensure that if they are successful, they cannot once again impose a password upon the region.

I also want to call your attention to these forum posts by the repeal author, which demonstrate that the author was against the liberation resolution to begin with, is against all liberation resolutions, and believed that the Nazi invaders had a right to do whatever they pleased with Liberal Haven -- including purging its natives and re-founding it.

Forum Post 1
Forum Post 2

It appears that the repeal author is being disingenuous in their concern for the well-being of Liberal Haven's natives, and we can't rule out the possibility that they are in league with invaders who want to invade and occupy the region again.

I hope everyone will vote against this repeal.

Akkaga
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Fri May 30, 2014 9:30 pm

Though I am not the WA delegate for my region, I vote no for myself.
You should join Ordis

Defendingg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Defendingg » Fri May 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Thanks to Moronist Decisions for starting a topic for this. I'll just post a modified version of the campaign telegram I've just sent to all Delegates.

As the author of Liberate Liberal Haven, I am deeply concerned for the well-being of the natives of Liberal Haven and for their security against further Nazi invasion. As of this time and despite the repeal author's claims, there is no indication that the natives of Liberal Haven want the liberation resolution repealed or want to impose password protection upon the region.

Moreover, the defending forces of the Lazarene Liberation Army have indicated here that the Nazi and Fascist coalition of Right Wing Uprising is still trying to plant sleeper nations in Liberal Haven for the purpose of once again invading and occupying the region. We need to ensure that if they are successful, they cannot once again impose a password upon the region.

I also want to call your attention to these forum posts by the repeal author, which demonstrate that the author was against the liberation resolution to begin with, is against all liberation resolutions, and believed that the Nazi invaders had a right to do whatever they pleased with Liberal Haven -- including purging its natives and re-founding it.

Forum Post 1
Forum Post 2

It appears that the repeal author is being disingenuous in their concern for the well-being of Liberal Haven's natives, and we can't rule out the possibility that they are in league with invaders who want to invade and occupy the region again.

Lets expand on this:

Look at the two biggest delegates voting for this:

Duck-Boss (42), At Sea (37)

Duck-Boss
At sea

This is such a fraud.
Last edited by Defendingg on Fri May 30, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akkaga
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Fri May 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Defendingg wrote:
Cormac A Stark wrote:Thanks to Moronist Decisions for starting a topic for this. I'll just post a modified version of the campaign telegram I've just sent to all Delegates.

Forum Post 1
Forum Post 2

Lets expand on this:

Look at the two biggest delegates voting for this:

Duck-Boss (42), At Sea (37)

Duck-Boss
At sea

This is such a fraud.

As soon as they lose protection, their gonna be invaded again, this time with more assailants.
You should join Ordis

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Fri May 30, 2014 9:44 pm

I vote no, because:

a) The native delegate has two endorsements
b) The native delegate has not logged in for 25 days

Simple enough.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri May 30, 2014 11:19 pm

Wow, if this were any shadier, I'd need a flashlight to read it.

No.

Liberal Haven is clearly not in a state where a repeal of the liberation is necessary, nor does it look like the raiders have any intention of leaving the region be.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Watchers in the Wings
Civil Servant

Founded: May 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Watchers in the Wings » Fri May 30, 2014 11:33 pm

Far too short. Not interested in voting "For" until a resolution is drafted which adequately argues and defends its points.

ROM
Envoy

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ROM » Sat May 31, 2014 12:24 am

The delegate only has 2 endos, and hasn't logged in a while, and the natives want the liberation to stay. Very against.
Author of SC Resolution #186 Commend Travelling Region

Goddess Relief Office
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goddess Relief Office » Sat May 31, 2014 12:46 am

I wish the author would have posted a draft first. The proposal's severely lacking in quality here. It's an embarrassment that it reached the floor.
Keeper of The World Tree - Yggdrasil
General Assembly:
GA#053 - Epidemic Response Act
GA#163 - Repeal LOTS
GA#223 - Transboundary Water Use Act

Security Council:
SC#030 - Commend 10000 Islands (co-author)
SC#044 - Commend Texas (co-author)
SC#066 - Repeal "Liberate Wonderful Paradise"
SC#108 - Liberate South Pacific
SC#135 - Liberate Anarchy (co-author)
SC#139 - Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"

Former delegate and retired defender
Nice links for easy reference:
Passed WA Resolutions | GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | GA Rules

SFBA Campinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA Campinia » Sat May 31, 2014 1:51 am

I will go as far as to say I will banject anyone in my region to vote for this. This proposal is a disgrace!

I will not actually banject anyone for this...

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Sat May 31, 2014 1:54 am

Opposed. Hard.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Newly Liberated Rhodesian Microstates
Political Columnist

Founded: May 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Never

Postby Newly Liberated Rhodesian Microstates » Sat May 31, 2014 3:16 am

I think I speak on behalf of The League of Anti Communists when I say you need to instate a 'Treaty of Versailles-esque' clause on them, before they invade more sovereign territory - the communist devils!

Gert Kynlif
Civil Servant

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gert Kynlif » Sat May 31, 2014 5:01 am

Newly Liberated Rhodesian Microstates wrote:I think I speak on behalf of The League of Anti Communists when I say you need to instate a 'Treaty of Versailles-esque' clause on them, before they invade more sovereign territory - the communist devils!

Aren't they (the invaders) Nazis and Fascists?

Arcadia Scorpia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadia Scorpia » Sat May 31, 2014 5:06 am

Gert Kynlif wrote:
Newly Liberated Rhodesian Microstates wrote:I think I speak on behalf of The League of Anti Communists when I say you need to instate a 'Treaty of Versailles-esque' clause on them, before they invade more sovereign territory - the communist devils!

Aren't they (the invaders) Nazis and Fascists?

The joke went over your head. :(

He's implying that everyone that isn't nice is communist.

Anyway, I voted against. At this rate it seems that Liberal Haven is going to be safe for a long time.

The Federation of Monarchies
Civilian

Founded: May 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Monarchies » Sat May 31, 2014 5:53 am

I for one find it appalling that entire regions are dedicated to conquering foreign territory! Sovereign territory! The whole purpose of the Security Council is maintain peace throughout the world.The fact that such regions are allowed to exist, prosper and operate and almost ruin the balance if interregional relations is truly unbelievable. I call for a Security Council that will actually do it's job and maintain security for the world! The Council should prevent these irrational regions before and after the region acts against world peace!

I,am opposed to the motion to withdraw protection from the overrun and occupied region! Furthermore I urge the Council to redefine it's mandate so that regions that wish are protected from Nazi and Facist regions with aggressive expansion policies.

Newly Liberated Rhodesian Microstates
Political Columnist

Founded: May 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Newly Liberated Rhodesian Microstates » Sat May 31, 2014 8:31 am

Aren't they (the invaders) Nazis and Fascists?[/quote]

I'm not entirely certain, although 'Liberal Haven' doesn't sound too fascist to me! Is this an Anti-fascist organisation, or have they committed an act of aggression?

Bardoytch
Civilian

Founded: May 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bardoytch » Sat May 31, 2014 9:11 am

Newly Liberated Rhodesian Microstates wrote:Aren't they (the invaders) Nazis and Fascists?

I'm not entirely certain, although 'Liberal Haven' doesn't sound too fascist to me! Is this an Anti-fascist organisation, or have they committed an act of aggression?[/quote]

From what I have heard, Liberal Haven was invaded by two or more fascist regions who imposed a password on citizens, ejecting non-fascists and permitting fascists. The original Act removed the password lock and ejected the fascist groups, who are still trying to get in so when the password is imposed they can retake the territory.
The best thing to do, it seems, is to leave it without a password until a stable delegate with both endorsements and activity comes into power with plans to prevent this from happening again.
I voted against.

Inventio
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Inventio » Sat May 31, 2014 9:21 am

Bardoytch wrote:From what I have heard, Liberal Haven was invaded by two or more fascist regions who imposed a password on citizens, ejecting non-fascists and permitting fascists. The original Act removed the password lock and ejected the fascist groups, who are still trying to get in so when the password is imposed they can retake the territory.
The best thing to do, it seems, is to leave it without a password until a stable delegate with both endorsements and activity comes into power with plans to prevent this from happening again.
I voted against.

A Liberation removes the Delegate's ability to set a password-- that's it. There's no way for the WA to order invaders ejected.
Last edited by Inventio on Sat May 31, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
First recipient of Div's Cynical
Seal of Approval.
If you have claims you want me
to accept, please source them.
NSSports Trigram: INV
Actively looking to join RPs, so
TG me if you're starting one.
Proud Delegate of Mirare
Ambassador Synn, Inventian representative to the World Assembly.
Assume I'm posting IC unless stated otherwise.
Check out my region, Mirare.
Sapin Military District wrote:If god doesn't exist, then why does a tissue pop up every time you take the old one out of the box?
Diviar wrote:Nah, Inventio isn't scared easily.
Divair wrote:Nonchalance is my default attitude.

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Sat May 31, 2014 9:33 am

Bardoytch wrote:
Newly Liberated Rhodesian Microstates wrote:Aren't they (the invaders) Nazis and Fascists?

I'm not entirely certain, although 'Liberal Haven' doesn't sound too fascist to me! Is this an Anti-fascist organisation, or have they committed an act of aggression?

From what I have heard, Liberal Haven was invaded by two or more fascist regions who imposed a password on citizens, ejecting non-fascists and permitting fascists. The original Act removed the password lock and ejected the fascist groups, who are still trying to get in so when the password is imposed they can retake the territory.
I voted against.[/quote]

The resolution only removed the password, opening the way for defenders to give the facists a good arse-kicking.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

District XIV
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby District XIV » Sat May 31, 2014 10:38 am

The Federation of Monarchies wrote:I for one find it appalling that entire regions are dedicated to conquering foreign territory! Sovereign territory! The whole purpose of the Security Council is maintain peace throughout the world.The fact that such regions are allowed to exist, prosper and operate and almost ruin the balance if interregional relations is truly unbelievable. I call for a Security Council that will actually do it's job and maintain security for the world! The Council should prevent these irrational regions before and after the region acts against world peace!

I,am opposed to the motion to withdraw protection from the overrun and occupied region! Furthermore I urge the Council to redefine it's mandate so that regions that wish are protected from Nazi and Facist regions with aggressive expansion policies.

Max Barry, the creator of the game, said that he will not remove R/D. Letting the SC have so much power as to completely disband raiding organizations would remove R/D. Do you know how many people would quit this game if R/D was removed? Lots.

Gerwin
Civil Servant

Founded: May 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerwin » Sat May 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Have the natives requested a repeal? If not, I say no, especially since this region lacks the military might to fight off an invasion.

Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:49 am

Current internal vote: 0 to 7

The Rejected Realms is against this proposal because it has seen no evidence the natives support this repeal effort.

World Assembly Affairs Office
The Rejected Realms
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives