NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn The Dourian Embassy

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:48 am

Draica wrote:OOC: Question to raiders..Why are most raiders trolls/people who hate religious people?

Yeah, take that question elsewhere. This is for discussion on the proposal.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:11 am

Venico wrote:I don't like that this implies the ideology of NatSov being condemnable O.o Or at least repealing poor legislation.

The ideology in and of itself? No. Using repeals to impress this ideology on the WA? Certainly, especially when said ideology is, at its foundation, anti-WA.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:13 pm

At its foundation it is anti-superfluous laws. It means a preference towards leaving issues to nations rather than the WA. And he isn't impressing the ideology on the WA...he makes a coherent argument and then the WA agrees with him allowing his repeals to be passed. That's hardly condemnable.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Ancian
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancian » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:11 pm

Against
Proud Governor of WZEU.
Economic Left/Right: -1.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Venico wrote:At its foundation it is anti-superfluous laws. It means a preference towards leaving issues to nations rather than the WA. And he isn't impressing the ideology on the WA...he makes a coherent argument and then the WA agrees with him allowing his repeals to be passed. That's hardly condemnable.

Exactly.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Ahntong
Attaché

Founded: Sep 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ahntong » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Again the same proposal with the same sort of reasons given in its support. How often is the Security Council supposed to vote on and turn down this? I think there should be a rule that makes it impossible to submit the same proposal with the same justification over and over again to the Council, without a significant lapse of time inbetween (such as four or six months). Otherwise it just seems that people keep the Council voting until their favored result comes out; and that not only signals a certain disrespect for democratic decisions, it also takes up time & resources that could be spend on other proposals.

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Ahntong wrote:and that not only signals a certain disrespect for democratic decisions, it also takes up time & resources that could be spend on other proposals.

I sincerely like the sound of that.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

Laeriland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Laeriland » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:20 pm

The Republic has no issue with Douria and therefore will not support this, nor vote in favour of it if it were to make it to vote.

Margno
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:28 pm

I'd suggest at least mentioning his outrageously unethical behavior in the GA#2 scandal. I get that Auralia's divisive and a lot of people aren't gonna want to feel like they're supporting him, but the Dourian Embassy has clearly crossed a line.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
We have nothing to lose but the world. We have our souls to gain.
You!
Me.
Nothing you can possibly do can make God love you any more or any less.

Inventio
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Inventio » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Margno wrote:I'd suggest at least mentioning his outrageously unethical behavior in the GA#2 scandal. I get that Auralia's divisive and a lot of people aren't gonna want to feel like they're supporting him, but the Dourian Embassy has clearly crossed a line.

OOC: It was submitted before that, unfortunately. I don't think SkyDip is going to pull it from the queue 3 approvals before quorum.
First recipient of Div's Cynical
Seal of Approval.
If you have claims you want me
to accept, please source them.
NSSports Trigram: INV
Actively looking to join RPs, so
TG me if you're starting one.
Proud Delegate of Mirare
Ambassador Synn, Inventian representative to the World Assembly.
Assume I'm posting IC unless stated otherwise.
Check out my region, Mirare.
Sapin Military District wrote:If god doesn't exist, then why does a tissue pop up every time you take the old one out of the box?
Diviar wrote:Nah, Inventio isn't scared easily.
Divair wrote:Nonchalance is my default attitude.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Inventio wrote:
Margno wrote:I'd suggest at least mentioning his outrageously unethical behavior in the GA#2 scandal. I get that Auralia's divisive and a lot of people aren't gonna want to feel like they're supporting him, but the Dourian Embassy has clearly crossed a line.

OOC: It was submitted before that, unfortunately. I don't think SkyDip is going to pull it from the queue 3 approvals before quorum.

I agree - although I wish he would. I think that would be a much stronger argument that would be much more likely to pass.

I'm not able to support this version, I'm afraid, but I hope that should this condemnation attempt fail, Elias will revise and then try again.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Starkmoor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Starkmoor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:25 pm

We support this, because of the abuse of the process detailed in the proposal and the underhanded tactics on display in the General Assembly right now in regards to the charter repeal proposal put forth by Auralia. If left unchecked this kind of behavior could grow and pose a serious threat to international cooperation.

Last edited by Starkmoor on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Standing up for Koba and still standing tall!
PRO: Drones, surveillance, basic income, safety net, atheism, separation of church and state, cloudy days, unions, Stalin, concealed carry, 80s & 90s R&B music
ANTI: Organized religion, fundamentalism, Trotsky, college tuition, Juggalos/Juggalettes, gun control, militia types, crime, poverty, selfishness, inequality, rioters/looters, cop-haters.
Political Compass: Left -10.00, Authoritarian 6.21

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Mousebumples wrote:I agree - although I wish he would. I think that would be a much stronger argument that would be much more likely to pass.

I personally feel that Douria's behavior regarding that particular should not be glorified within a condemnation. All it will do is set a bad precedent for other players to follow.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:I agree - although I wish he would. I think that would be a much stronger argument that would be much more likely to pass.

I personally feel that Douria's behavior regarding that particular should not be glorified within a condemnation. All it will do is set a bad precedent for other players to follow.

If only we had some sort of tool to express our condemnation of his actions via the SC.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

If only we had some sort of tool to express our condemnation of his actions via the SC.

It was merely a suggestion. I am hoping this thread does not devolve into the shit storm the repeal of #2 has....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

0rville Redenbacher
Secretary

Founded: Feb 24, 2010
Corporate Bordello

Postby 0rville Redenbacher » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Popcorn! Get your piping hot buttered popcorn right here! Free popcorn to everyone taking part in the "Condemn The Dourian Embassy" debate!

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:19 pm

"I voted for the resolution, since it has reached vote and is well past quorum at this point. Nothing personal Dourian Embassy; however, we're not happy with the actions outlined within the proposal ourselves" Said Charles as he smugly took his seat again and shifted around his cellphone looking at the news of his vote in his country.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Burtonia WA Embassy
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Burtonia WA Embassy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Your other arguments are persuasive, but I cannot cast my one humble vote in favor of a resolution which argues that repealing resolutions is condemnable. Majorities voted for those repeals, it's not like the target nation destroyed something against everyone else's wishes. Also, having a nice name does not guarantee that the resolution was effective at achieving its goals, lacked unintended consequences, and/or was an appropriate matter for international action.
Last edited by Burtonia WA Embassy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:45 pm

"Oh mercy. Bring the popcorn, boys!"

--Ambassador Peshe

(In all honesty, Auralia lost all credibility with me when the whole self commend thing came to pass. Again, with the WA mission, any shred of voting for another resolution similar, I shall not vote for. A personal vendetta is hardly worth a condemnation, unless you decide to condemn Auralia as well.)

Railana
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Railana » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:30 am

Strongly opposed. The World Assembly delegation from Douria has made it quite clear that they desire a condemnation; it would be a greater punishment to deprive them of what is, in their eyes, a perverse badge of honour.

Joseph Fulton
Chief Ambassador, Railanan Mission to the World Assembly
Dominion of Railana
Also known as Auralia

"Lex naturalis voluntas Dei est."

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 am

Claire grabs some popcorn, and some hard drink.
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:23 am

How can the ideology The Dourian Embassy is advocating be harmful to the WA if the WA keeps voting on passing the proposals. It's just democracy at work.

Laeriland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Laeriland » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:27 am

The Republic fails to see the point of this resolution, apart from it being blatant slander about Douria, therefore we have voted against it

Chester Pearson
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:39 am

Kelinfort wrote:(In all honesty, Auralia lost all credibility with me when the whole self commend thing came to pass. Again, with the WA mission, any shred of voting for another resolution similar, I shall not vote for. A personal vendetta is hardly worth a condemnation, unless you decide to condemn Auralia as well.)

Where is the personal vendetta mentioned? :roll:

Yet another sad case of someone blowing their horn before they actually READ the resolution....
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:42 am

Chester Pearson wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:(In all honesty, Auralia lost all credibility with me when the whole self commend thing came to pass. Again, with the WA mission, any shred of voting for another resolution similar, I shall not vote for. A personal vendetta is hardly worth a condemnation, unless you decide to condemn Auralia as well.)

Where is the personal vendetta mentioned? :roll:

Yet another sad case of someone blowing their horn before they actually READ the resolution....

It's amazing how people get away with that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives