NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Commend The Joint Systems Alliance"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Repeal "Commend The Joint Systems Alliance"

Postby Elke and Elba » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 am

Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.

An act against Mallorea's actions through the removal of his usurped commendation in The Joint Systems Alliance.

The World Assembly,

ACKNOWLEDGING that The Joint Systems Alliance has been commended by this body for its role in promoting and keeping peace, and its involvement in providing help and aid to nations in need, and has been rightly done so,

NOTING that the said alliance has ceased to exist on peaceful terms for a significant amount of time and yet the commendation remains in force in order to promote the spirit the Joint Systems Alliance have promoted relentlessly throughout its existence, and to act as a role model for others, however,

FURTHER NOTING that this commendation have brought around unneeded attention to the honourable region of The Joint Systems Alliance, in which caused its refounding under a state unrelated in any way to The Joint Systems Alliance of the old,

UNDERSTANDING that The Joint Systems Alliance have been unfairly and unjustly usurped by a rogue state of which, through Morningstar Shining of which the former nation's government controls,

APPALLED that such an usurpation was not in the intention of the revival of the region, from the unfair ejections and ban of new non-related nations into the region, and only to gain recognition of the World Assembly and seek glory through this aformentioned commendation that applied and was solely and only meant for the original The Joint Systems Alliance and not the currently-existing irrendentist region similarly named 'The Joint Systems Alliance,

ACCEPTING that as a result of such, keeping a commendation for the dissolved The Joint Systems Alliance would be untenable despite its former honourable acts, actions and past work,

FURTHER UNDERSTANDING that it is ultimately the World Assembly's fault for keeping this aforementioned commendation which allowed for the tarnishment of a past memory of a organisation once justly credited for, for it has galvanised the rogue state of Morningstar Shining to act malevolently and refound the once-glorious region despite having no aim whatsoever to restore its work, and no claim to the name due to its lack of any involvement whatsoever in the original the Joint Systems Alliance since this rogue state have bitter disregard for the commendable work The Joint Systems Alliance have done,

Hence unwillingly,
HEREBY REPEALS SC#26, "Commend The Joint Systems Alliance".
Last edited by Elke and Elba on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:09 am

This one isn't on the same level of non-usefulness as Douria's targets, IMO. I wasn't around the SC when JSA was active, nor do I know anything about them, so I'm not really in the position to argue for or against keeping it in place effectively. But your main argument that the region/nations involved are now defunct holds less weight here, because their lack of existence does not disqualify what they did.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:23 am

SkyDip wrote:This one isn't on the same level of non-usefulness as Douria's targets, IMO. I wasn't around the SC when JSA was active, nor do I know anything about them, so I'm not really in the position to argue for or against keeping it in place effectively. But your main argument that the region/nations involved are now defunct holds less weight here, because their lack of existence does not disqualify what they did.

I agree, but that's only if the resolution had actually said anything proper about those guys.

Here you are, the resolution.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:30 am

I know the resolution. My whole line of thought is simply this - in Condemnations, stopping activities like being EVUL or whatever is probably enough to repeal. In Commendations, stopping activities isn't necessarily good enough, IMO. And that's what you have here.

EDIT: And I'd wager AMOM got his information correct in the original.
Last edited by SkyDip on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:56 am

Bump.

Since Mall likes so much the free trophy he got from The Joint Systems Alliance, I'm going to remove it by hook or by crook.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:16 am

I would gladly trade this region for Haven. No contest. Stripping away a region's history and achievements just to punish my transgressions? Even for a guy like me, that's cold.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:18 am

Let's not trade the commendation of one rp region for the liberation of another.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:22 am

Given that this region was commended for actions by a community that no longer resides in the region, I support repealing the commendation. As it stands, the commendation is of a region that effectively no longer exists -- only the name survives.

Dreadful Sagittarius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Dreadful Sagittarius » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:59 pm

As the last member of the JSA to reside in the region who is still active, to the best of my knowledge, I support this. I left the region to die a dignified death and to join in the general FT region of The Milky Way Galaxy. The fact that someone decided to occupy it just to fill it with embassies and let whoever wished to enter is shameful.
In Memoriam of David 'CanisD' Briedis, October 20, 1970 - August 27, 2015
For He Loved The Stars Too Fondly, To Fear The Night
Factbook of the Phanes RepublicFuture-Tech Advice & Assistance Thread
Future-Tech Market Index ThreadThe CompendiumState of the Galaxy
Only a fool taunts the Archer

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Dreadful Sagittarius wrote:As the last member of the JSA to reside in the region who is still active, to the best of my knowledge, I support this. I left the region to die a dignified death and to join in the general FT region of The Milky Way Galaxy. The fact that someone decided to occupy it just to fill it with embassies and let whoever wished to enter is shameful.

And with this, I'm now in favour. Cool.
Last edited by Nierr on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Dreadful Sagittarius wrote:As the last member of the JSA to reside in the region who is still active, to the best of my knowledge, I support this. I left the region to die a dignified death and to join in the general FT region of The Milky Way Galaxy. The fact that someone decided to occupy it just to fill it with embassies and let whoever wished to enter is shameful.

I see - the JSA thread seemed to have organically died with most of its participants in it too as along with many members and its region. It's good to understand where you are coming from.

I will try to rewrite this to glorify the JSA's work (as a way to honour the RPers which usually aren't commended these days) and pile blame on the very raider who decided to opportunistically 'refound' the JSA for the badge, and to retain JSA's honour even within a repeal.

Dreadful Sagittarius
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dreadful Sagittarius » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Elke and Elba wrote:

I see - the JSA thread seemed to have organically died with most of its participants in it too as along with many members and its region. It's good to understand where you are coming from.

I will try to rewrite this to glorify the JSA's work (as a way to honour the RPers which usually aren't commended these days) and pile blame on the very raider who decided to opportunistically 'refound' the JSA for the badge, and to retain JSA's honour even within a repeal.

Thank you. I'm sure none of my old comrades from the group would approve of this region-squatting.

As an addendum, I'd also like to thank you for your intention to reword it. While he was here and active, MO led our group into a lot of activity, the same stuff that netted the JSA the commendation by AMOM in the first place. It's not often that roleplayers get that kind of accolade, and it's insulting to the idea of commendations themselves that they can be easily usurped like that.
Last edited by Dreadful Sagittarius on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:42 pm

By all means feel free to repeal the Commendation, I have no objections at this time.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:By all means feel free to repeal the Commendation, I have no objections at this time.

Whatever Mall, knowing you, you usually actually feel a lot more than just "no objections" and "meh".

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:41 pm

Elke and Elba wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:By all means feel free to repeal the Commendation, I have no objections at this time.

Whatever Mall, knowing you, you usually actually feel a lot more than just "no objections" and "meh".

I refounded the region on a whim, mainly because I don't think anyone has ever refounded a commended region and kept it as a trophy before. I mean I'd prefer to keep it but it's not a huge deal if the former members feel like having it repealed.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:56 pm

New draft up.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:58 pm

I think you'll catch flak for naming me directly in the proposal, they'll say that I want the notoriety etc.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Sure, I'll vote for it.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Mall raises a good point. Given his recent reprehensible actions, I don't personally support giving him anymore recognition or notoriety. There are ways to do this without naming him.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:16 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Mall raises a good point. Given his recent reprehensible actions, I don't personally support giving him anymore recognition or notoriety. There are ways to do this without naming him.

^ See?
Ideological Bulwark #253

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Mall raises a good point. Given his recent reprehensible actions, I don't personally support giving him anymore recognition or notoriety. There are ways to do this without naming him.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:

^ See?

Indeed.

Names have been redacted, oh, but you see, I can hyperlink. I don't have to name you.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:56 pm

Submitted.

And obviously this was done in dire need due to Mall's own submission of "Liberate Haven", unlike my usual style.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:00 am

I'm not looking to blast criticism at this point. But you linked a puppet of mine with the name: The Mall Was Here of
Morningstar Shining >.> That kinda defeats the purpose of not putting my name in it.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Mekhet
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mekhet » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 am

This region is an embassied ally of my region. I'm against this, and will go to war with all those responsible should this pass.

Equinox
"Join the Church of Hat-thiesm. ALL THINGS THAT COVER YOUR HEAD IS A HAT! HATS!!!" - Pope Hatchard I

Dreadful Sagittarius
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Dreadful Sagittarius » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:12 am

Mekhet wrote:This region is an embassied ally of my region. I'm against this, and will go to war with all those responsible should this pass.

This region is now a trophy for Mallorea. That is not what any of us in the JSA would have wanted, and I find it ridiculous people would argue otherwise.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives