NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate Anarchy

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 am

YoriZ wrote:De facto we already live in a warzone, liberation will just make our region less of a target by malicious organisations as the twice condemned TBR, so it will end up safer. Most of the natives in Anarchy don't mind to be occupied, the only thing we rightfully fear is a lock-down by TBR.

If you think a Liberation will result in less raids, you're sadly mistaken.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:38 am

YoriZ wrote:
Charax wrote:Opposed. If this passes, the poor natives of Anarchy will be forced to live in a de facto warzone.

Think of the natives! :(

As part of the occupying force (you are known in Anarchy as Peonarmetiileyno) your point of view as concerned with the natives is not credible.
De facto we already live in a warzone, liberation will just make our region less of a target by malicious organisations as the twice condemned TBR, so it will end up safer. Most of the natives in Anarchy don't mind to be occupied, the only thing we rightfully fear is a lock-down by TBR.

First off,how do you even know who his puppet is?
[edit]
A quick look at Charax will indicate he has been in the WA full time since 8 days,while the puppet you pointed to has been in the WA from 28 days ago to 4 days ago
[/edit]]
Second,why is TBR being condemned twice related? (also,the first one was horrible so they had to pass a second one because people wouldn't repeal it)
Third it won't make Anarchy less a target,and will only become a easier target
And last but not least:finally a normal argument for liberation,so you're saying fear for lock-down outweighs occupation?
Last edited by Port blood on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

YoriZ
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:11 am

Port blood wrote:
YoriZ wrote:
As part of the occupying force (you are known in Anarchy as Peonarmetiileyno) your point of view as concerned with the natives is not credible.
De facto we already live in a warzone, liberation will just make our region less of a target by malicious organisations as the twice condemned TBR, so it will end up safer. Most of the natives in Anarchy don't mind to be occupied, the only thing we rightfully fear is a lock-down by TBR.

[edit]
A quick look at Charax will indicate he has been in the WA full time since 8 days,while the puppet you pointed to has been in the WA from 28 days ago to 4 days ago
[/edit]]
Second,why is TBR being condemned twice related? (also,the first one was horrible so they had to pass a second one because people wouldn't repeal it)
And last but not least:finally a normal argument for liberation,so you're saying fear for lock-down outweighs occupation?

1. OK, so maybe Peonarmetiileyno isn't Charax' puppet. However, I have intelligence pointing to Charax as being part of the invasion force. If I'm right about Peonarmetiileyno being Charax' puppet, than this nation has been multiing. So maybe I should start an investigation in that;
2. TBR being condomned twice is a plain fact, so I believe it can be used to show the threat by TBR to Anarchy;
3. I don't see why Anarchy would become an easier target to raiders, please explain (password protection has never been used by native WADs);
4. A fear of lock-down outweighs occupation in my opinion and we will take it up to the WA to make a decision on who is right on this topic.

Kind regards,

YoriZ
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:20 am

YoriZ wrote:
Port blood wrote:
[edit]
[/edit]]

1. OK, so maybe Peonarmetiileyno isn't Charax' puppet. However, I have intelligence pointing to Charax as being part of the invasion force. If I'm right about Peonarmetiileyno being Charax' puppet, than this nation has been multiing. So maybe I should start an investigation in that;
2. TBR being condomned twice is a plain fact, so I believe it can be used to show the threat by TBR to Anarchy;
3. I don't see why Anarchy would become an easier target to raiders, please explain (password protection has never been used by native WADs);
4. A fear of lock-down outweighs occupation in my opinion and we will take it up to the WA to make a decision on who is right on this topic.

Kind regards,

YoriZ

1.How about you stop slandering people unrelated to TBR because you lost? If you think he is multiing submit a help request (not on the moderation sub-forum)
2.Not if the first condemnation is pure crap and people were to stubborn to repeal it
3.No option to password,even if needed,plus you have the SC fails at liberating so we raid it factor
4.In your opinion or also other natives opinion? you're the only one thats actually talking on this thread
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that

YoriZ
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:32 am

Port blood wrote:
1.How about you stop slandering people unrelated to TBR because you lost? If you think he is multiing submit a help request (not on the moderation sub-forum)
2.Not if the first condemnation is pure crap and people were to stubborn to repeal it
3.No option to password,even if needed,plus you have the SC fails at liberating so we raid it factor
4.In your opinion or also other natives opinion? you're the only one thats actually talking on this thread

1. Request sent;
2. Feel free to write a repeal Condemn TBR proposal;
3. I do not understand what you mean by this?
4. Yes, also in other natives opinion. To bad you have to deal with me because I'm quite a pit bull when having a cause.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:43 am

YoriZ wrote:1. Request sent;
2. Feel free to write a repeal Condemn TBR proposal;
3. I do not understand what you mean by this?
4. Yes, also in other natives opinion. To bad you have to deal with me because I'm quite a pit bull when having a cause.

1. *facepalm* I hope you had some good evidence
2.Several people attempted,thats why the second one exists,people like you don't want to repeal it even if it's horribly written
you need password --> you can't
SC/defenders didn't protect Anarchy -->extra encouragement to raid
4.Would like some evidence of native support,and you should respond to the red ink

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:55 am

(responding to TG i got)

First off,if anyone is a sore loser,it's you,you just can't handle that i actually have good points
I have not posted any "abusive" posts on this thread,nor did i threadjack it

With responding to red ink i mean the helpful posts on the first page,the ones with red text in them

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:20 pm

YoriZ wrote:
Charax wrote:Opposed. If this passes, the poor natives of Anarchy will be forced to live in a de facto warzone.

Think of the natives! :(

As someone who is sufficiently braindead as to have been punished for accidental multi-ing before, I'd appreciate it if you didn't sling that sort of accusation in my general vicinity. I am not Phfbfjsdxhbfsbdgibs or whatever it's called. Leave the intelligence work to people who actually know what they're doing, k?
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Just a FYI,people might not like being put on as co-author,did you even ask Goddess Relief Office and Ramaeus?

more red ink:
LAMENTING that Anarchy was invaded on February 3, 2014 by The Black Riders, a group notorious for region destruction, tag raiding and other nefarious behavior for which it was condemned twice by this Council,

"nefarious" isn't really commonly used and is a large exaggeration,i would suggest replacing it with "controversial" which is better suited and closer to the truth

DISMAYED that the invasion has turned to a long-term occupation, during which natives who dared protest against the invasion had been ejected and all dissent had been suppressed,

The majority is actually Anarchy natives,so it wouldn't be dissent but protests(also,again you might want to use more common words)

AWARE that it is a matter of time before The Black Riders' WA Delegate gains sufficient influence to lock-down the region, and painfully aware that they could unleash destruction without interference from defenders, natives, and the world at large,

Not enough influence by a longshot,DB has about 20,while there are at least 3 with 200+
Plus what does the "threat to the world at large" have to do with liberating Anarchy?

CONSCIOUS that natives have no hope to reclaim their region once that happens,

After a password is still can be snatched at re-found,just take shifts watching the region

NOTING that Security Council intervention is the only course of action that could save Anarchy from The Black Riders' rapacious assault,

How about defenders? The Lone Rangers seem to want to help

Hereby,

Liberates Anarchy.

Put this on one line,it just takes up whitespace without adding a thing

YoriZ
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Port blood wrote:Just a FYI,people might not like being put on as co-author,did you even ask Goddess Relief Office and Ramaeus?

more red ink:
LAMENTING that Anarchy was invaded on February 3, 2014 by The Black Riders, a group notorious for region destruction, tag raiding and other nefarious behavior for which it was condemned twice by this Council,

"nefarious" isn't really commonly used and is a large exaggeration,i would suggest replacing it with "controversial" which is better suited and closer to the truth

DISMAYED that the invasion has turned to a long-term occupation, during which natives who dared protest against the invasion had been ejected and all dissent had been suppressed,

The majority is actually Anarchy natives,so it wouldn't be dissent but protests(also,again you might want to use more common words)

AWARE that it is a matter of time before The Black Riders' WA Delegate gains sufficient influence to lock-down the region, and painfully aware that they could unleash destruction without interference from defenders, natives, and the world at large,

Not enough influence by a longshot,DB has about 20,while there are at least 3 with 200+
Plus what does the "threat to the world at large" have to do with liberating Anarchy?

CONSCIOUS that natives have no hope to reclaim their region once that happens,

After a password is still can be snatched at re-found,just take shifts watching the region

NOTING that Security Council intervention is the only course of action that could save Anarchy from The Black Riders' rapacious assault,

How about defenders? The Lone Rangers seem to want to help

Hereby,

Liberates Anarchy.

Put this on one line,it just takes up whitespace without adding a thing

Goddess Relief Office has asked for this and Ramaeus was asked, for your information.
Your other points should be addressed in gameplay, i thinnk.
Your reaction on the TG you asked for yourself is a kind of weird, if you have an issue with me, feel free to reply on my telegram.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:38 pm

First off,i asked if you asked them,i did not say you did it without asking

1,2,3 and 6 are valid points relating to the draft at hand

And i didn't ask you to TG you,but as you asked i replied with the exact same thing i posted on this topic
Last edited by Port blood on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:46 pm

YoriZ wrote:Goddess Relief Office has asked for this and Ramaeus was asked, for your information.

Yeah, but did they actually contribute to the writing of this? This'd read much better if Ram or GRO were involved, methinks.
◆◆◆

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Also GRO just took out the numerous illegalities (just like i pointed out a few) and basically made a whole new draft,he should be the one submitting it actually and not you

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Riemstagrad » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:02 pm

I will support this resolution as i believe it is the right thing to do for Anarchy.
Passwords are only effective as offensive weapons, therefore it is good for a founderless region to loose the option to be hit by a password.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Riemstagrad wrote:Passwords are only effective as offensive weapons, therefore it is good for a founderless region to loose the option to be hit by a password.

Are you being serious?
◆◆◆

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Charax wrote:
Riemstagrad wrote:Passwords are only effective as offensive weapons, therefore it is good for a founderless region to loose the option to be hit by a password.

Are you being serious?

Do you see that smile? I think he's dead serious
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Postby Riemstagrad » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Charax wrote:

Are you being serious?

yes.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Do you have even the most basic understanding of the lulzy raider's mentality? Like, at all?

Liberations prevent refounds at the price of turning the region in question into a warzone. See Christmas. The community is long dead. It's a warzone. It's literally the region's only function.
◆◆◆

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Postby Riemstagrad » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:42 pm

Charax wrote:Do you have even the most basic understanding of the lulzy raider's mentality? Like, at all?

Liberations prevent refounds at the price of turning the region in question into a warzone. See Christmas. The community is long dead. It's a warzone. It's literally the region's only function.

i'm not talking about dead regions. dead regions are one of two possible things: dead behind a password or a wasteland-warzone.

Normal founderless regions with enough "native mass" to outlive the attention span of even the most persistent raiders are far better off without the option to password.
If a region uses a password all the time, it will slowly shrink to zero. Using a password only to prevent raids you say? sure, as soon as all raids are announced 24 hours before they take place, that will become the way to go. Today i will only know when my region is targeted when i log in and see an ugly flag waving at the top.
Liberations do not prevent any raid at all, but they also don't bring in more raids.

really, if you don't plan to refound, you should get rid of the option to password your region.
That has been my opinion since the very first Liberation resolution was passed and the fate of regions who experienced liberations and/or repealed liberations only strengthens my opinion.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Regions become dead after a liberation is applied, in the majority of cases. There are exceptions, but in a region like St Abbawhatsit where the native delegate doesn't have too many endorsements it would turn the place into a warzone.
◆◆◆

Cormacville
Envoy

Founded: Nov 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Another preemptive Liberation resolution to create yet another UCR Warzone? Full support!
Cormac Skollvaldr
Founder of Over the Rainbow

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:04 pm

This time, supported by the natives! :lol:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:06 am

OOC:

1. How do you defend a region?

2. How do you "unleash destruction" on a region?

3. If a liberation proposal is passed, what happens?
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Port blood
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:54 am

Draica wrote:OOC:

1. How do you defend a region?

2. How do you "unleash destruction" on a region?

3. If a liberation proposal is passed, what happens?

1. endorsing a allied defender or native to get them into control

2. in this case i'm guessing he means re-founding the region by raiders

3. basically nothing besides the region losing the ability to password

no password prevents locking down,but also means anyone can come in at any time

YoriZ
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 am

Alea iacta est

The proposal went live:
Liberate Anarchy

PreviousNext

Advertisement