NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Liberate Nazi Europe"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:46 pm

JJL Recruiter wrote:
The Dark wrote:First off, classifying those nations as "genocidal maniacs" probably borders on flaming

You know, for one thing, they want to kill me. They want to kill everybody in my family. They want to kill most of my friends. And they want to do these things for no reason other than the religious proclivities of our ancestors. If they're not "genocidal maniacs," then what are they?

HI.... HELLO.... The last time I checked we are playing a game here.... If you are going to go around spouting fucking horseshit like that, and ACTUALLY ACCUSING other players of murder, then you are playing the wrong game, and are very likely to face a lawsuit, if not federal hate crime charges.....

JJL Recruiter
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby JJL Recruiter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:13 am

United Federation of Canada wrote:
JJL Recruiter wrote:
You know, for one thing, they want to kill me. They want to kill everybody in my family. They want to kill most of my friends. And they want to do these things for no reason other than the religious proclivities of our ancestors. If they're not "genocidal maniacs," then what are they?

HI.... HELLO.... The last time I checked we are playing a game here.... If you are going to go around spouting fucking horseshit like that, and ACTUALLY ACCUSING other players of murder, then you are playing the wrong game, and are very likely to face a lawsuit, if not federal hate crime charges.....

Look at what I wrote again please, and more closely this time.

Who did I accuse of murder?

Did I accuse any NS player of murder?

Where did I say that?

Oh! Looks like I didn't say that at all!
It looks like what I said was They (that is, Nazis) WANT TO kill me and my family. Because I'm Jewish (by ethnic background).

Are you saying that Nazis don't want to kill Jews? Because last time I checked, that was the number one thing on their platform!
"Want to learn how to spend six years fighting a war and lose it? Ask a Nazi.
Want to learn to spend six days fighting a war and win it? Ask a Jew!"
-Glorious General Dayan

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 am

Cut it out. If you want to discuss the real-world Nazis, take it to NSG. Otherwise, stick to debating the at-vote proposal and the in-game region. Any further threadjacking and baiting will be met with warnings or forumbans.

JJL Recruiter
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby JJL Recruiter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 am

Sedgistan wrote:Cut it out. If you want to discuss the real-world Nazis, take it to NSG. Otherwise, stick to debating the at-vote proposal and the in-game region. Any further threadjacking and baiting will be met with warnings or forumbans.

Thank you! That's exactly what I want.

Back to my original point, which is very clear:

Everybody needs to vote AGAINST this horrible resolution, because if it passes, as many as two dozen Nazi WA nations will be unleashed to spread their tyranny and terror all over NationStates.

Thank you, and shalom.

JJL Recruiter
on behalf of
Glorious General Dayan
Rav Aluf, Jewish Justice League
-Glorious General Dayan

Animu and mango
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Animu and mango » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:14 am

The Dark wrote:Secondly, NE hasn't been active military in a long, long time. Your point is moot in that regard.

JJL Recruiter wrote:And the reason why Nazi Europe "hasn't been active militar(il)y in a long, long time" is because they've been too busy defending their own region to attack anybody."

But NE has been active militarily, and they've been raiding even with the liberation up. I don't really keep track of what goes on in my region, but I remember we took part in the raid against Tokyo. I know there are other raids we've been involved in, but I can't remember them.

I doubt this will change your opinion though, you seem to have your mind made up.
Last edited by Animu and mango on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

JJL Recruiter
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby JJL Recruiter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:58 am

Animu and mango wrote:
The Dark wrote:Secondly, NE hasn't been active military in a long, long time. Your point is moot in that regard.

JJL Recruiter wrote:And the reason why Nazi Europe "hasn't been active militar(il)y in a long, long time" is because they've been too busy defending their own region to attack anybody."

But NE has been active militarily, and they've been raiding even with the liberation up. I don't really keep track of what goes on in my region, but I remember we took part in the raid against Tokyo. I know there are other raids we've been involved in, but I can't remember them.

I doubt this will change your opinion though, you seem to have your mind made up.

Two points to make here.

1. They were able to do that Tokyo thing while they were still having to keep a hell of a lot of their eggs in the Nazi Europe basket. Think how much worse it would have been, how much more damage they could have done, to Tokyo and elsewhere, if they didn't have to worry about defending Nazi Europe anymore.

2. I do not believe you're right, but just for the sake of argument, let's say you are. Let's say (and I don't believe it for a second, it's absurd to even consider, but let's just pretend) the liberation resolution in place in Nazi Europe has no negative impact on their "military efforts" whatsoever.
Then answer me this:
How could repealing it possibly hinder them?
Seriously. If the liberation resolution in place isn't hindering them, how will repealing it help stop Nazis from spreading their hate here on NS?

Well?
-Glorious General Dayan

The Dark
Secretary

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:54 am

JJL Recruiter wrote:Seriously. If the liberation resolution in place isn't hindering them, how will repealing it help stop Nazis from spreading their hate here on NS?

Well?[/size]

No one is promising anything of the sort. What this proposal should finally do is allow NE to return to their pre-Liberation status quo - raiding behind a password. Raiding, in and of itself, isn't such a bad thing. There are for worse raider groups out there. What we should do (in antithesis to your eyesore enlarged text) is ignore this region and its inhabitants. Let them live out their terrible ideologies behind a password, where they can cripple and diminish into nothing.
Darkness approaches from outside.
I feel no light inside me strong enough to resist it.

Cormacville
Envoy

Founded: Nov 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:55 am

Ponderosa wrote:Vote for it, and if it passes, there'll be no more proposals.

Wrong. I'm going to attempt to liberate Nazi Europe again as soon as this passes, and will continue to attempt to liberate the region for as long as it remains secure behind an invisible password. So any of the WA elitists who are sick of seeing Nazi Europe in their queue and are supporting this solely for that reason aren't going to be satisfied by this repeal, I'm afraid.

Obviously, I'm against this, but looking at the vote that clearly doesn't matter. Congratulations to Unibot on finally succeeding in making the world safe for Nazism.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Founder of Over the Rainbow

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

The Dark
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:57 am

Cormacville wrote:
Ponderosa wrote:Vote for it, and if it passes, there'll be no more proposals.

Wrong. I'm going to attempt to liberate Nazi Europe again as soon as this passes, and will continue to attempt to liberate the region for as long as it remains secure behind an invisible password. So any of the WA elitists who are sick of seeing Nazi Europe in their queue and are supporting this solely for that reason aren't going to be satisfied by this repeal, I'm afraid.

Obviously, I'm against this, but looking at the vote that clearly doesn't matter. Congratulations to Unibot on finally succeeding in making the world safe for Nazism.

Then you are perpetuating their existence and have no one to blame other than yourself.

Sternberg
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sternberg » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:57 am

OOC: Well, even if NE is, more or less, returned to their password-protected status, the Security Council still has some veto-liberation power in place should they stir trouble up again. We could still liberate raided regions and keep any such activities in check.

A risky repeal? Well, maybe, but surely it could not get any significantly worse then it is now.
Last edited by Sternberg on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Australian against Xenophobia, Bigotry and Reckless Policy.
Constitutional Monarchist and damn proud of it.

Show me a political system or body that is absolutely perfect in every way, shape and form and I'll show you a liar.
Henry Ronoud Melverry
Royal Consul
Sternberg Legislative Assembly
"My religious beliefs are not built partly around a desire to go to heaven after the destruction of earth.
I don't look forward to Armageddon.
I am not bigoted towards gays, atheists, or blacks.
I am not responsible for any "world atrocities."

I am also a Christian. I do not appreciate your ignorance."

- NSer Pesda

Nuevo Joseph
Civilian

Founded: Feb 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Joseph » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:00 am

JJL Recruiter wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:Cut it out. If you want to discuss the real-world Nazis, take it to NSG. Otherwise, stick to debating the at-vote proposal and the in-game region. Any further threadjacking and baiting will be met with warnings or forumbans.

Everybody needs to vote AGAINST this horrible resolution, because if it passes, as many as two dozen Nazi WA nations will be unleashed to spread their tyranny and terror all over NationStates.

Thank you, and shalom.

JJL Recruiter
on behalf of
Glorious General Dayan

Fuckin jew

Cormacville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:06 am

The Dark wrote:Then you are perpetuating their existence and have no one to blame other than yourself.

This is a ludicrous argument. Nothing -- leaving the region liberated, passwording it, raiding it, not raiding it -- will make this region's community cease to exist. Most of the community has already relocated to Blitzkrieg or other foundered regions. The only thing that is ever going to rid NationStates of Nazis is action by NationStates administrators, and for whatever reason they have decided to let Nazis play this game. As long as that decision stands, Nazis will exist in NationStates. So no, I am not perpetuating their existence. You can go thank [violet] for that.

The question for us is whether we're going to oppose Nazism in NationStates. We can't make it cease to exist, but that doesn't mean we have to make the game comfortable for the Nazis who continue to play it. The bottom line is that a region called Nazi Europe should burn and I'm ashamed to be playing this game with people who believe otherwise.
Last edited by Cormacville on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr

The Dark
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 am

Cormacville wrote:
The Dark wrote:Then you are perpetuating their existence and have no one to blame other than yourself.

This is a ludicrous argument. Nothing -- leaving the region liberated, passwording it, raiding it, not raiding it -- will make this region's community cease to exist. Most of the community has already relocated to Blitzkrieg or other foundered regions. The only thing that is ever going to rid NationStates of Nazis is action by NationStates administrators, and for whatever reason they have decided to let Nazis play this game. As long as that decision stands, Nazis will exist in NationStates. So no, I am not perpetuating their existence.

The question for us is whether we're going to oppose Nazism in NationStates. We can't make it cease to exist, but that doesn't mean we have to make the game comfortable for the Nazis who continue to play it. The bottom line is that a region called Nazi Europe should burn and I'm ashamed to be playing this game with people who believe otherwise.

Indeed you are. You and those like you are the reason these attention-seekers have vaulted in the prominence they have. No one would have noticed NE outside of a raid here and there. But the status quo wasn't enough. An active and ongoing campaign had to be started that has failed and only given the region more face time and highlighting than it ever had before.

As long as this group of individuals is not breaking the rules of the game, they have just as much right to exist and express their beliefs as you do. I don't see you starting a holy war on other ideologies that have resulted in the mass death when practiced IRL. Why not go after the communists? The Islams or the Christians? Where is your moral superiority to all those groups?
Last edited by The Dark on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cormacville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:12 am

Those groups don't have mass murder built into their ideology. Try again.
Cormac Skollvaldr

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:13 am

Nuevo Joseph wrote:
JJL Recruiter wrote:

Thank you, and shalom.

JJL Recruiter
on behalf of
Glorious General Dayan

Fuckin jew

Not much of a debut, was that? *** Warned for flaming ***
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Dark
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:13 am

Cormacville wrote:Those groups don't have mass murder built into their ideology. Try again.

Islam calls for the death of non-believers once per chapter. Perhaps you should try again.

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 am

Lets also not forget that when Nazi Europe was passworded last time, it was able to continue raiding and spreading it's hateful ideology to other regions. It's ability to do that has been weakened because of their need to focus on security at home.

The Dark
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 am

McMasterdonia wrote:Lets also not forget that when Nazi Europe was passworded last time, it was able to continue raiding and spreading it's hateful ideology to other regions. It's ability to do that has been weakened because of their need to focus on security at home.

Then the argument turns to NE's prowess and prominence as a raiding group, which is next to none.

Cormacville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:22 am

The Dark wrote:
McMasterdonia wrote:Lets also not forget that when Nazi Europe was passworded last time, it was able to continue raiding and spreading it's hateful ideology to other regions. It's ability to do that has been weakened because of their need to focus on security at home.

Then the argument turns to NE's prowess and prominence as a raiding group, which is next to none.

Are you a Nazi? I'm actually surprised no one asked that yet, as you would think regions would want to know if they're voting for a resolution authored by a Nazi trying to protect other Nazis.
Last edited by Cormacville on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr

The Dark
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 am

Cormacville wrote:
The Dark wrote:Then the argument turns to NE's prowess and prominence as a raiding group, which is next to none.

Are you a Nazi? I'm actually surprised no one asked that yet, as you would think regions would want to know if they're voting for a resolution authored by a Nazi trying to protect other Nazis.

Apparently you missed the post intended as a reply to you. Your avoidance is noted.

To answer your query, no, I am not.
Last edited by The Dark on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cormacville
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:26 am

The Dark wrote:
Cormacville wrote:Are you a Nazi? I'm actually surprised no one asked that yet, as you would think regions would want to know if they're voting for a resolution authored by a Nazi trying to protect other Nazis.

Apparently you missed the post intended as a reply to you. Your avoidance is noted.

Then why are you praising Nazi Europe's military prowess? Have you ever been a member of Nazi Europe?
Cormac Skollvaldr

The Dark
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:28 am

Cormacville wrote:
The Dark wrote:Apparently you missed the post intended as a reply to you. Your avoidance is noted.

Then why are you praising Nazi Europe's military prowess? Have you ever been a member of Nazi Europe?

You misinterpreted my post. NE has next to no military prowess or ability, and failed to display any spectacular ability in the past. Ergo, if the argument is reduced to the fact this repeal will allow NE to raid, we have no reason to oppose it, because NE is not a powerful raider group. Furthermore, your false cause fallacy is an amusing way to argue about NE's military or my lack of association with the region.

Avoiding the arguments intended for you +1 - you're at two posts now.
Last edited by The Dark on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:29 am

Markhan wrote:For.

On a side note, giving attention to Nazis or any undesirable regime merely urges them to carry on. If you try to destroy them, or do anything to condemn them, they will persist, and in greater numbers. "Anti-Nazi" hate is actually "Pro-Nazi" fuel.

Yes, if the Nazis do begin to attack a region or nation, logically action must be taken. But that doesn't mean taking it to the next level by annihilating them completely and hating all Nazi nations.

On an out of character note, anyone can have the nation they so desire to create. Can be as ridiculous as having a nation which consists of marshmallows and is ruled by the chocolate fudge emperor.

*smirk* tell that to all those antifa clowns...

(I am seriously going to create that marshmellow nations!)
Last edited by The Liberated Territories on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Cerian Quilor
Senator

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:03 am

Cormacville wrote:
The Dark wrote:Then the argument turns to NE's prowess and prominence as a raiding group, which is next to none.

Godwin's Law. You lose the argument Cormac. You're beginning to sound shrill.
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

Vladisvok Destino
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladisvok Destino » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:13 am

Cormacville wrote:

You say that as if it should change peoples opinions, the choice is supporting the repeal or supporting the likes you find in some of the GCRs. It's a fairly easy choice to vote for this.
Last edited by Vladisvok Destino on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
When plumbing the depths of depravity, I must remember to come up for air.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives