NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Industrial Pollution Control"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:38 am

What we find amusing is that not only is there very little debate, its passing by a very large margin.
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:17 am

Normlpeople wrote:What we find amusing is that not only is there very little debate, its passing by a very large margin.

But technically speaking, very few of the voters actually visit the forum. So the two generally have nothing to do with each other.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

The Saint James Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saint James Islands » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 pm

We have made an exception to our usual and summary opposition to the Auralian delegation's normally-irritating repeals to support the repeal of "Industrial Pollution Control". After subjecting the repeal to proper scrutiny and finding the original resolution to be lacking in substance and effect, we have cast our almost-hundred votes IN FAVOUR, in line with the majority of DSA delegations.

But then again, not like we Saint James Islanders have made that much of a difference in the vote.
Classical republican, environmental student
Pro: Parliamentarism, civic virtue, positive liberty, soft Euroscepticism, the scientific method, facts
Anti: Presidentialism, authoritarianism, corruption, populism, hard Euroscepticism, misinformation
IC posts made by this nation are non-canonical.
This nation does not reflect my actual political views.
Do not use orally after using rectally.
Guilherme Magalhães
Senator for Ilhas de Santiago Ocidentais
Staunchly independent
[23:53] <StJames> ^fake news^

The death of the West will not be a homicide, but a suicide.

Zarkanians
Senator

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Zarkanians firmly believes in repealing everything that isn't nailed down. So: SUPPORT.
Thought and Memory each morning fly
Over the vast earth:
Thought, I fear, may fail to return,
But I fear more for Memory.

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Repeal "Industrial Pollution Control" was passed 8,029 votes to 3,036.
Last edited by Normlpeople on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

Mitonialia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Mitonialia Votes No

Postby Mitonialia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:01 am

Let me be clear as to the position of Mitonialia, the nation will not now reverse policy, of a nature so important to us, that is and has preserved us in times of trouble and strife. We are proud to be a nation of workers, business owners, and stock holders, but most importantly and above all, we are a nation of Citizens. Our citizens, being in-favor of the views espoused by this Government, utterly rejected the concept of Free Trade, in favor of Tariff Backed Fair Trade, so that we would limit, to the best of our ability the dangerous situation of acquiring a substantial trade deficit and a substantial loss of industry.

As to a international organization regulating trade, such a organization can do nothing but be fair and firm in regard to the defense of workers and businesses trying to do honest business and trade with other workers and businesses in other nations. I support that such a organization is one for the benefit of all, whether nations be free traders to the maximum degree or the most protectionist in their region. We cannot and will not support such a repeal, ever. As for other legislation mentioned in this repeal, we cannot hope to believe that a law helping to enforce said codes and encourage the co-operation of nations to abide by this and other codes can be so bad as to deserve repeal rather than amendment.

This nation with respect due to this Assembly, votes No, and encourages others to vote NO and Against Repeal.

Voltzenkrad
Attaché

Founded: Oct 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltzenkrad » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:48 am

For because I don't know.
For: Industry, Power, Robots, Anti-Mormon Doormat Traps, Spaceships
Against: Religion, Religion, Religion, Unicorns, Religion, Religion, Wasabi

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.10

I'm like Gandhi, but with a machine gun.

Zarkanians
Senator

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Mitonialia wrote:Let me be clear as to the position of Mitonialia, the nation will not now reverse policy, of a nature so important to us, that is and has preserved us in times of trouble and strife. We are proud to be a nation of workers, business owners, and stock holders, but most importantly and above all, we are a nation of Citizens. Our citizens, being in-favor of the views espoused by this Government, utterly rejected the concept of Free Trade, in favor of Tariff Backed Fair Trade, so that we would limit, to the best of our ability the dangerous situation of acquiring a substantial trade deficit and a substantial loss of industry.

As to a international organization regulating trade, such a organization can do nothing but be fair and firm in regard to the defense of workers and businesses trying to do honest business and trade with other workers and businesses in other nations. I support that such a organization is one for the benefit of all, whether nations be free traders to the maximum degree or the most protectionist in their region. We cannot and will not support such a repeal, ever. As for other legislation mentioned in this repeal, we cannot hope to believe that a law helping to enforce said codes and encourage the co-operation of nations to abide by this and other codes can be so bad as to deserve repeal rather than amendment.

This nation with respect due to this Assembly, votes No, and encourages others to vote NO and Against Repeal.

Gracious Ambassador from Mitonialia, there is no such thing as an amendment in the World Assembly. A bill cannot be amended. It can only be repealed and replaced.
Thought and Memory each morning fly
Over the vast earth:
Thought, I fear, may fail to return,
But I fear more for Memory.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives