NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate Slavia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ancian
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancian » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:27 pm

True but if we liberate them it would show our support and they their allies might liberate themselves. Even if its repealed.
Proud Governor of WZEU.
Economic Left/Right: -1.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

The Saint James Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saint James Islands » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Just so everyone realises, I'm casting my votes IN FAVOUR of this just for shits and giggles. :p I don't know why, but this seems like it might cause some fun chaos.

Except for those in Slavia, of course. My apologies to them.

Southslavistan wrote:-snip-

The smiley spam is wholly unnecessary.
Classical republican, environmental student
Pro: Parliamentarism, civic virtue, positive liberty, soft Euroscepticism, the scientific method, facts
Anti: Presidentialism, authoritarianism, corruption, populism, hard Euroscepticism, misinformation
IC posts made by this nation are non-canonical.
This nation does not reflect my actual political views.
Do not use orally after using rectally.
Guilherme Magalhães
Senator for Ilhas de Santiago Ocidentais
Staunchly independent
[23:53] <StJames> ^fake news^

The death of the West will not be a homicide, but a suicide.

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Ancian wrote:True but if we liberate them it would show our support and they their allies might liberate themselves. Even if its repealed.

Not exactly,the only hope now is waiting for the raiders to leave,as the defenders seem to have no interest in freeing Slavia
Drafting this is good,if a password is instated before raiders leave,they should liberate at that moment and do their best to retake it,then hold onto the region until a repeal is made so they can refound

As to quote the previous poster
This seems like it might cause some fun chaos
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Ancian
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancian » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:55 pm

It will certainly cause chaos but we should show our support of them freeing themselves.
Proud Governor of WZEU.

Southslavistan
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Southslavistan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm

The Saint James Islands wrote:
Southslavistan wrote:-snip-

The smiley spam is wholly unnecessary.

I'm sorry.
It happens every time Southslavistan leader express his thoughts.
Our citizens love him too much and asking them to try to avoid showing happiness, in a time of big struggle as the one we are going thru nowadays, is undemocratic and totalitarian.
Anyway sorry.

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:00 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
Port blood wrote:Oops,sorry @The South Polish Union,with your wording("what I objected to"),and the first post being quoted was from Slovsko,I assumed it was his as i didnt notice the avatar,sorry about that,not in the best physical state today

If you didn't want to be associated with the FRA,you should have taken better care in making sure you were off the list

We announced our withdrawal from the FRA and left, we assumed that the FRA administration would take the necessary 10 seconds of time to remove us from the list without us having to harass them to do it. Unfortunately, this assumption was apparently wrong. :(
Port blood wrote:
Why do raiders even need justification?,we're "mega super duper evil",Nobody even made the slightest accusation towards Slavia,it was just misinformation and is something only Slavia seems to even care about,nobody else seems to care

No, we don't need justification for raids. :p It's just that this time the UIAf decided to try to justify their raid and chose a justification based off of a false assumption, and an assumption which ultimately puts the moral integrity of Slavia in jeopardy. That is what I objected to.

When Slavia joined the FRA, it agreed to follow the terms of the FRA Charter. This requires that departures from the FRA be announced 'directly to the Regional Assembly'. It did not do this until 3rd January, after the invasion, when its FRA representative and Defence Minister made the following statement:
As a representative of Slavia an FRA member, we have decided that it is best to leave the FRA once and for all.

First, our region members feel some animosity with the FRA, since they feel no impact in being in the FRA... until now.

Our region recently became founderless and thus fell to the hands of merciless invaders due to our FRA membership, no matter how dubious it was.

For reasons previously stated in our other thread, Slavia hereby ends its membership and affiliation with the Founderless Regions Alliance.

That is quite clearly Slavia's resignation, a resignation which occurred after the UIAF invaded Slavia.

Now, Slavia's other FRA representative posted a statement about Slavia leaving the FRA on 24th December, but this statement was not made directly to the FRA Assembly as is specifically required by the FRA Charter, the document governing FRA membership: and this point is not just a technicality, because Albul, the other FRA representative, told the FRA following the 24th December statement that Slavia remained in the FRA.

The way disputes like this, a dispute quite clearly between Slavian natives (even if the pro-FRA faction was not backed by the region at large by this point), are resolved is by following the correct, official procedure, a procedure which Slavia subordinated itself to when it signed the FRA Charter. Moreover, in the period between the 24th December and 3rd January, Slavia retained its FRA Embassy, made no external announcement about leaving the FRA and its regional representatives remained in place at the FRA. It remained on the FRA membership list.

In all frankness, a region which joined the FRA in early December should expect to be targeted for this in early January regardless of what it does subsequently. In this particular instance, on the evidence described the UIAF judges Slavia to have been an official and practical FRA member at that time, and when the FRA and Slavia's Defence Minister shared that conclusion, it is entirely reasonable for the UIAF to also adopt it.

Your personal wish to accept what you described in another thread as 'any justification' other than this one points to your inability to come to terms with the consequences of Slavia's FRA membership and the significance of Slavia ruining whatever good it had by joining that organisation.

The moral integrity of Slavia is absolutely in jeopardy: in fact having joined the FRA, it ceased to exist - and quite clearly it never found its way back. Slavian natives may have believed they had left the FRA, but their ignorance of the FRA Charter does not release them from its contractual obligations and their total failure to take practical steps to distance themselves from the FRA hardly shows that their relationship ended either.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Rotwood
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rotwood » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Against

Just by the looks it is a raider getting raided and they didn't take the adequate measures to prevent it. This whole process would just put the spotlight on them, if it hasn't already since this has gone to vote, making them a potential target. It's an issue they could well resolve themselves by recalling their own forces
Ambassadors Jericho Reigns and Felicia Honeysworth, The Discordant Harmony of Rotwood
Taleta Ouin Vyda - Decide Your Fate
Rotan Swear Jar Tally: 28 Pax
Economic Left/Right: -4.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.18

Ancian
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancian » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Rotwood wrote:Against

Just by the looks it is a raider getting raided and they didn't take the adequate measures to prevent it. This whole process would just put the spotlight on them, if it hasn't already since this has gone to vote, making them a potential target. It's an issue they could well resolve themselves by recalling their own forces

True. I'll keep my "for" vote to show my support for them uprising but you and port blood have convinced me that they shouldn't have proposed it.
Proud Governor of WZEU.

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Ancian wrote:
Rotwood wrote:Against

True. I'll keep my "for" vote to show my support for them uprising but you and port blood have convinced me that they shouldn't have proposed it.

It's a start,i hope you realize you should be critical about things,and educate yourself about it
Oh,and the spotlight is already on them @Rotwood,due all the drama Slavia is making
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Rotwood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rotwood » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:28 pm

Port blood wrote:
Ancian wrote:

It's a start,i hope you realize you should be critical about things,and educate yourself about it
Oh,and the spotlight is already on them @Rotwood,due all the drama Slavia is making

If that's the case, a liberation will do nothing but prolong things.

This whole thing, along with a recent failed one and another I think 2 votes back that we abstained is the reason why we disagree with the non-forum-vetting practice of the SC. Some of these shouldn't have come to vote, or at least the full story should be available before it comes to vote, not trickle through after the polls have open
Ambassadors Jericho Reigns and Felicia Honeysworth, The Discordant Harmony of Rotwood

Bodhi Forest
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodhi Forest » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:37 pm

So, to clear things up, there is no intention to actually liberate the region via defenders. This is just a proposal for the sake of passing a proposal and appearing to do something useful?

We will be voting against the liberation until there is proof that actual effort will go into liberating the region.

Messenger Tatsuo Kusakabe, of the Elder Council of Bodhi Forest

Bubblekirby
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bubblekirby » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm not really sure whether I should vote for or against. If your guys arguments against are as compelling as they sound to my untrained ear, why is the For option winning by such a large margin?
http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/bubblekirby (use this if you want to gauge my power in an rp)
"Bewailing your faith in humanity is right down there with declaring all politicians to be liars and Western society to be in an inexorable decline. It might get you some fun at the coffee shop but in a discussion thread it's just noise." - Quote by Farnhamia

Mitonialia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

A strong vote for

Postby Mitonialia » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Mitonialia, being a nation interested in supporting the liberation of nations invaded. Believes that this legislation is one that deserves the massive support it is receiving, further, Mitonialia condemns invasion for invasions sake and believes that when war must take place, it must take place for reasons of a moral and true purpose. Therefore, Mitonialia votes yea, and encourages others to vote yea.

Rotwood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rotwood » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Bubblekirby wrote:I'm not really sure whether I should vote for or against. If your guys arguments against are as compelling as they sound to my untrained ear, why is the For option winning by such a large margin?

Because some vote yes for shits and giggles, while others don't bother to read the for and against arguments here, and then there's the group that says "oh, it's going to pass" or "oh, its going to fail" and vote accordingly.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Rotwood wrote:
Bubblekirby wrote:I'm not really sure whether I should vote for or against. If your guys arguments against are as compelling as they sound to my untrained ear, why is the For option winning by such a large margin?

Because some vote yes for shits and giggles, while others don't bother to read the for and against arguments here, and then there's the group that says "oh, it's going to pass" or "oh, its going to fail" and vote accordingly.

:eyebrow:

But mostly because the large cote-carrying Delegates [McMasterdonia (460), Bachtendekuppen (231), Milograd (161), The Black Hat Guy (153), The Salaxalans (147), Frattastan II (117), The Saint James Islands (103)] voted in favor, swinging the lemmings toward FOR.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Rotwood
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rotwood » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:41 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Rotwood wrote:Because some vote yes for shits and giggles, while others don't bother to read the for and against arguments here, and then there's the group that says "oh, it's going to pass" or "oh, its going to fail" and vote accordingly.

:eyebrow:

But mostly because the large cote-carrying Delegates [McMasterdonia (460), Bachtendekuppen (231), Milograd (161), The Black Hat Guy (153), The Salaxalans (147), Frattastan II (117), The Saint James Islands (103)] voted in favor, swinging the lemmings toward FOR.

As covered in the last part I said ;)

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:07 pm

The proposal is meant to discourage a forced refound, since refounding becomes much harder, if not impossible, when you have no ability to password.

The delegate is kicking out natives and inactive invaders, and the number of endorsements is well beyond that normally necessary to hold on the region. The occupation has been ongoing for over two weeks, in spite of the Slavians abudantly repudiating their decision to join FRA.
With the influence-building tactics and the continuation of the occupation, I have no doubt the intent is to clear Slavia of natives and annex the region through password-protecting or refounding (or otherwise holding it for an indefinite time until some arbitrary condition is met).

Cormac A Stark wrote:Slavia isn't even password-protected. Are you serious, Milograd? Against.

It is a pre-emptive move.
Since the current trend with forced refoundings is to kick natives first and then password-protect (as you should know - Islamic Republic of Iran ;) ), waiting until the region is password-protected when there is a clear intent to grief before submitting a Liberation would only serve to put natives and defenders at disadvantage.

Port blood wrote:Without the ability for a password,the region cannot be refounded safely and effectively,and will likely end up a permanent raider target

Venico wrote: Also just so you guys know that by taking away the region's password that it will forever be a warzone until it CTEs?

There are regions which have been Liberated by the SC to stop a griefing, and once recaptured by natives still managed to refound safely and effectively at a later time. There are risks associated with this move, but if the natives are aware of it and still supportive, that's enough.

Port blood wrote:There is a nation with 123 influence in Slavia vs 22 the raiders hold,with a well ordinated counter-attack the region could be freed by endorsing that nation,which in turn can eject the raiders
After that a password can be put up and refounding can begin

When the invader delegate has 80 endorsements more than any native, defenders cannot realistically put up liberation attempts in the short term. The proposal gives defender groups more time to intervene and, for the occupiers, renders staying in the region to grief it rather worthless in terms of time and resources.

Rotwood wrote:we disagree with the non-forum-vetting practice of the SC. Some of these shouldn't have come to vote, or at least the full story should be available before it comes to vote, not trickle through after the polls have open

This didn't go through the forum first because a certain amount of surprise is necessary to prevent an organised counter-campaigning, or efforts to flood the queue and prevent the resolution from going to vote in a reasonable time.

Ponderosa wrote:Sure, let's just pass a Liberation for every raid!

Sure, let's just use strawmen for every proposal.
Last edited by Frattastan II on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

The Saint James Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saint James Islands » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm

SkyDip wrote: :eyebrow:

You know what, I've never actually been mentioned like that before. "A large cote-carrying Delegate". Not to mention that I've been mentioned by SkyDip. :D I've accomplished something...

By the way, what is a "cote"? :p
Classical republican, environmental student
Pro: Parliamentarism, civic virtue, positive liberty, soft Euroscepticism, the scientific method, facts
Anti: Presidentialism, authoritarianism, corruption, populism, hard Euroscepticism, misinformation
IC posts made by this nation are non-canonical.
This nation does not reflect my actual political views.
Do not use orally after using rectally.
Guilherme Magalhães
Senator for Ilhas de Santiago Ocidentais
Staunchly independent
[23:53] <StJames> ^fake news^

The death of the West will not be a homicide, but a suicide.

Ancian
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancian » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:20 pm

As i've stated earlier, by supporting it we may encourage them to rebel. If they don't then they missed their shot. If they rebel and win however we can repeal it. Though it likes the invaders are staying.
Proud Governor of WZEU.

Getti
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Getti » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:31 pm

1. The Black Riders have already left Slavia, and many other groups will be leaving the area shortly.

2. You only liberate a region if it has a password on it. Otherwise its basically a visual arrow for defenders, however it will have no effect unless defenders carry out a liberation which would be too hard to hope for.

3. This proposal again accomplishes nothing. If defenders choose to continue to be armchair warriors, then let them see how ineffective it is to preach defenderism from behind a forum while most raiders do not even use the forums. If you want Slavia back, take it like a man.
I speak for the trees, and by trees, I mean raiders.

Ancian
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ancian » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:39 pm

I would but my region is extremly close to invasion and in the last two days we've defended two warzones but unfortunately lost one. We're already under martial law. So i don't have the time or force to help slavia. Or for that matter the authority to order a liberation.
Proud Governor of WZEU.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:00 pm

The Saint James Islands wrote:
SkyDip wrote: :eyebrow:

You know what, I've never actually been mentioned like that before. "A large cote-carrying Delegate". Not to mention that I've been mentioned by SkyDip. :D I've accomplished something...

By the way, what is a "cote"? :p

You'll notice that the "c" is right next to the "v" on your keyboard.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Virgin Mobile
Civilian

Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Against

Postby Virgin Mobile » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Sorry you cant just peacefully liberate a country. There is going to be conflict worse than whats happening, its their problem their leader dropped out so its their job to Resolve the problem. Against

Getti
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Getti » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Virgin Mobile wrote:Sorry you cant just peacefully liberate a country. There is going to be conflict worse than whats happening, its their problem their leader dropped out so its their job to Resolve the problem. Against

They were occupied because they were a part of the FRA, not because their founder CTE'd. If they want to fix this they must issue a statement discontinuing any alliance with the FRA or any defender organizations, actually leave and pledge against these organizations, and allow for the integration as a raider moderate independent region.
I speak for the trees, and by trees, I mean raiders.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Port blood wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:
Typical reaction from The Internationale.... We vote FOR this resolution.

Is he even from TI?
Besides why are you voting for because another nation votes against? It's a new high point of prejudice

The fact that I proudly fly the UDL colours, might have something to do with it.... Secondly I don't hide the fact that I despise The Internationale.....

Now I have noticed that you seem to have a rather large hard on against this proposal... Care to explain why, or is it just a general hatred?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads