NATION

PASSWORD

[FAILED] Condemn Mikeswill

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Barrackistan
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Barrackistan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:31 am

Hey guys, can I get some feedback on this Proposal. Thanks.

Barrackistan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Barrackistan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 am

Barrackistan wrote:
World Assembly,

RECOGNIZING that Mikeswill has already lost the Commendation of this august assembly as a result of Security Council Resolution 72;

MAKING NOTE that Mikeswill has been the delegate of the region of NationStates for about 9 years and has refused to let any other nation have a chance to lead NationStates;

NOTING that Mikeswill is known for continually ejecting nations that he doesn't agree with, especially if those nations announce support for the Security Council

DISAPPROVING of the fact that Mikeswill claims to be a World Assembly member yet continued to hold a strong anti-Security Council stance against this assembly

AND HORRIFIED that Mikeswill claims to be a peaceful nation yet is secretly controlling Highlander 1, a prominent raider nation, which was already proved by investigations done by the A mean old man

THUS condemns Mikeswill for his hypocrisy in the raider game and his dictator-like reign over NationStates.

Mikeswill
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Mikeswill » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Good Evening Fellow Players,

Mikeswill is the longest serving Delegate of any region because of a computer glitch which allowed him to get credit a day before New Texas when the counter was restarted.

When I began play there were maybe 23 Nations in NationStates Region. Via counsel by a defender and an old raider I was asked to keep the region secure. Part of my success was excellent recruiting given the rules of years past. Another part of my success was via information networks.

Mikeswill resides in a region without a founder. As such, I do not have founder controls and am limited to the Password mechanism to thwart potential raids. When the Security Council was created to basically usurp the Delegates power via Liberation legislation I found this as a potential threat to my region.

When I voiced my opinion against the Security Council I was derided by Defenders and thereby applauded by Raiders. It is possible that over the years Raiders have looked elsewhere to raid given my strong Anti-Security Council stance. Nevertheless, that did not stop them from trying on numerous occasions, the last attempt saved by Defender intervention.

As I have been the UN-WA Delegate of this region since November 16, 2003 via Mikes Hope and Mikeswill, I have thus never raided. What is interesting is that my dissent from the popular view has ostracized me from the popular players. So be it.

To the point at hand: the author is sore because I found out he was planning to use raiders to take control of the region so I Banjected him. If there is fodder in the above to legitimize a condemnation I would suggest that it include my fundamental disdain for the Security Council as a legitimate entity for which I shall gladly accept the Condemnation.

Mike
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Mikeswill wrote:Good Evening Fellow Players,

Mikeswill is the longest serving Delegate of any region because of a computer glitch which allowed him to get credit a day before New Texas when the counter was restarted.

When I began play there were maybe 23 Nations in NationStates Region. Via counsel by a defender and an old raider I was asked to keep the region secure. Part of my success was excellent recruiting given the rules of years past. Another part of my success was via information networks.

Mikeswill resides in a region without a founder. As such, I do not have founder controls and am limited to the Password mechanism to thwart potential raids. When the Security Council was created to basically usurp the Delegates power via Liberation legislation I found this as a potential threat to my region.

When I voiced my opinion against the Security Council I was derided by Defenders and thereby applauded by Raiders. It is possible that over the years Raiders have looked elsewhere to raid given my strong Anti-Security Council stance. Nevertheless, that did not stop them from trying on numerous occasions, the last attempt saved by Defender intervention.

As I have been the UN-WA Delegate of this region since November 16, 2003 via Mikes Hope and Mikeswill, I have thus never raided. What is interesting is that my dissent from the popular view has ostracized me from the popular players. So be it.

To the point at hand: the author is sore because I found out he was planning to use raiders to take control of the region so I Banjected him. If there is fodder in the above to legitimize a condemnation I would suggest that it include my fundamental disdain for the Security Council as a legitimate entity for which I shall gladly accept the Condemnation.

Mike

As you are well aware, it's not that a lot of people dislike you because of your supposed "dissent from the popular view". Rather it's that, with your formerly unknown but now well known puppet raider nation The Highlander 1, you come across as completely two-faced. Nobody knows where you stand. It's fascinating that you neglected that in your speech.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:51 pm

I like Mike :)

I don't understand why he is so polarizing :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Mikeswill
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Mikeswill » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 pm

:)

I know for a fact that The Highlander 1 has never been a UN-WA Member nor has said Nation ever led a raid. Whereas I have used numerous guises in the past to gather information and thus keep the Region I serve safe and secure, the fact that I never informed either Defenders or Raiders of the identity of said network is because neither side is trustworthy ~ Raiders because they claim no moral high ground nor Defenders who act as if they were Raiders while touting righteous legitimization.

In the daze of The DEN and the FRA and TITO many Nations played sides to gather information. Often Nations changed sides thereby damaging their prior allegiances. Under such an environment I was not about to disclose undercover operations just as TITO or The Black Hawks aren't about to disclose their moles. If defenders and raiders can play the game of espionage why do my same actions, which are based solely on protecting a founderless region, upset so many from the defender camp? The raiders could careless as there exist insufficient agreement across said camp to stop any group from initiating a raid. In fact, by disclosing my main operative, AMOM only served the security of the region I serve.

Nevertheless, as a school teacher I find all of this game playing incredibly interesting on how easily nations jumped on the mob bandwagon to ostracize my nation on the hearsay of others whilst never considering what actions they would have taken given like circumstances.

I reiterate: I am the WA Delegate of a Founderless region named after the game and thus a prize target of many a raider to this day. Whereas 10,0000 Islands and Texas have founders who could secure the evolution of their respective regions were extreme measures needed, we in NationStates, who had experienced numerous raids prior to my arrival, did not have such measures available. Moreover, in the beginning it was my recruitment efforts which grew the region from 23 Nations to over 600 prior to the days of puppet cloning. In these 10 years the region I serve is still relevant and secure via my continued recruitment, ability to password protect the borders, and constant vigilance against attack. If I was able to use operatives to such a degree that a few nations got confused then so be it.

At the end of the day I have logged into this site nearly everyday for 10 years. I do not pander to defenders and I am always vigilant lest a raider take the region in the dark of night. These public interchanges only hasten the day when raiders win t which time my efforts might better be served in other endeavors. Until said time I shall continue to loom as a voice of dissent against the Security Council and a home to that segment of nations who could careless about off-site or game forums, regional governments or armies. We shall eat our Brownies, contemplate tao, play trivia, and muse to old tunes.

Mike
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

Mikeswill
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Mikeswill » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:31 am

Cerian Quilor wrote:Who has Mikeswill raided? He's been parked in NS for ever.

True story
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:25 am

I disapprove of this draft.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Barrackistan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Barrackistan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:05 am

A mean old man wrote:I disapprove of this draft.

I asked for your feedback and you gave me nothing. I have to work with something.

Barrackistan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Barrackistan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:13 am

Mikeswill wrote::)

I know for a fact that The Highlander 1 has never been a UN-WA Member nor has said Nation ever led a raid. Whereas I have used numerous guises in the past to gather information and thus keep the Region I serve safe and secure, the fact that I never informed either Defenders or Raiders of the identity of said network is because neither side is trustworthy ~ Raiders because they claim no moral high ground nor Defenders who act as if they were Raiders while touting righteous legitimization.

Highlander 1 was already affiliated with a raider organization and your Ile de France was created for raiders. You can't claim to be neutral if you have a raider organizer

Mikeswill wrote:In the daze of The DEN and the FRA and TITO many Nations played sides to gather information. Often Nations changed sides thereby damaging their prior allegiances. Under such an environment I was not about to disclose undercover operations just as TITO or The Black Hawks aren't about to disclose their moles. If defenders and raiders can play the game of espionage why do my same actions, which are based solely on protecting a founderless region, upset so many from the defender camp? The raiders could careless as there exist insufficient agreement across said camp to stop any group from initiating a raid. In fact, by disclosing my main operative, AMOM only served the security of the region I serve.
You can't be friends with all and allies with none if you are sending spies and creating fake alliances. You are wearing the wrong suit

Mikeswill wrote:I reiterate: I am the WA Delegate of a Founderless region named after the game and thus a prize target of many a raider to this day. Whereas 10,0000 Islands and Texas have founders who could secure the evolution of their respective regions were extreme measures needed, we in NationStates, who had experienced numerous raids prior to my arrival, did not have such measures available. Moreover, in the beginning it was my recruitment efforts which grew the region from 23 Nations to over 600 prior to the days of puppet cloning. In these 10 years the region I serve is still relevant and secure via my continued recruitment, ability to password protect the borders, and constant vigilance against attack. If I was able to use operatives to such a degree that a few nations got confused then so be it.
And you use such powers to justify banning or ejecting many nations in your region who don't agree with your agenda. NationStates seems pretty lame region as during me visit, I only saw a handful of active nations and many of them are dead or inactive. The biggest reason is likely the fact that you have controlled the delegacy for too long now and people can get sick of the same person.

Mikeswill wrote:At the end of the day I have logged into this site nearly everyday for 10 years. I do not pander to defenders and I am always vigilant lest a raider take the region in the dark of night. These public interchanges only hasten the day when raiders win t which time my efforts might better be served in other endeavors. Until said time I shall continue to loom as a voice of dissent against the Security Council and a home to that segment of nations who could careless about off-site or game forums, regional governments or armies. We shall eat our Brownies, contemplate tao, play trivia, and muse to old tunes.

Mike

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:29 am

This seems personal :P

I don't think the nations of nationstates the region are getting sick of mike...
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Having reviewed all the evidence put forth we rise against this proposal.

It's arguments are quite weak at best. Let's examine shall we?

The nations are dead/inactive. You blame this on the delegacy being in place too long and them being potentially sick of the same person. Trying to sell me a lemon here I think. Look at NewTexas, Wysteria, Monkey Island etc... Very active regions very long term powers in place.

Friends with all allies with none. Interesting. That's the Abacathean approach and we would argue that very very few nations dislike us. It is possible to pull it off, easily no matter whom you associate with.

Just two nitpicks. Now to the crux of my assessment. This seems personal and the SC is not the location for personal pissing contests. So shake it off, put it away and move on.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Abacathea wrote:This seems personal and the SC is not the location for personal pissing contests.

Nonsense!
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Abacathea wrote:This seems personal and the SC is not the location for personal pissing contests.

Nonsense!

I think Mad Jack'd disagree with you Abacthea ;)
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:10 pm

DWAsnia wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Nonsense!

Mallorea and Riva wrote:

Nonsense!

In hindsight not the smartest comment I've ever made on these forums lol.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Abacathea wrote:In hindsight not the smartest comment I've ever made on these forums lol.

Nonsense!

Fixed ;)
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:05 pm

Mikeswill wrote:Good Evening Fellow Players,

Mike

In the rare event this dung heap of a proposal makes an unseemly appearance to the SC floor, I pledge to pay whatever cost necessary to send your message reproduced here to every WA member, and fight this proposal tooth and nail. Mikeswill is 10 times the player I am. ;)
Last edited by Shadow Afforess on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:22 pm

There is nothing impressive about this nominee.
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:26 am

DWAsnia wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Nonsense!

:eyebrow:
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:34 am

Weed wrote:There is nothing impressive about this nominee.

Also nonsense.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:21 am

Also, how am I and Afforeness agreeing on so many things lately?? :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:51 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Cerian Quilor wrote:Who has Mikeswill raided? He's been parked in NS for ever.

He was in DEN back in the day.

And by "back in the day" we're talking nearly a decade since he last actively participated in a raid.

Reaching much?
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Mikeswill
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Mikeswill » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
SkyDip wrote:He was in DEN back in the day.

And by "back in the day" we're talking nearly a decade since he last actively participated in a raid.

Reaching much?

Mikeswill never led a single raid nor did his UN-WA predecessor Mikes Hope who became Delegate of NationStates region on or about November 16, 2003 only 19 days after Mikeswill was created. (Just for the record).

Alas, with only two hours remaining it looks as if this farce shall die with nary a whimper.
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

The Highlander 1
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 01, 2004
Anarchy

Postby The Highlander 1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:32 pm

I can attest that the above remarks by Mikeswill are true!

:p

Averoigne
Secretary

Founded: Jun 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Averoigne » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:53 am

Well, Highlander 1 isn't "prominent" enough to be noticed by some on this thread.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives