NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Rights of the Disabled Act"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Heiwa Pa
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Read properly

Postby Heiwa Pa » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:25 pm

When read properly this does not necessarily classify anyone as mentally disabled as it does not say anything in specific to someone who is mentally disable, just says that anyone who is disabled, due to injuries in war, injuries while working or crime caused injuries. This disabled people would then receive help from anyone they deemed appropriate and responsible to work for them and help the get around. What this legislation does is allow someone who is disabled to hire an assistant. I suggest everyone reads the Rights of the Disable Act properly before making a decision, this way you make a properly informed decision and not a decision based on how many people vote for or against, and not vote because someone says the act calls people mentally disabled. I hope you all read this post and make an informed decision.

Repealing this legislation would not be a smart idea.

Du Pont
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Du Pont » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:47 am

Very well written and concise. Neither verbose nor dim, simply enough. Though we aren't members of the World Assembly we observe some of its laws and the one being repealed had too many split ends and loop holes. Is anyone going to write up a replacement law?
Dieu nous bénissent.. are the words spoken by the people of Du Pont as they march to glory they believe that das un Dieu je suis.

The Republic of Du Pont is a Republic founded on the ideals of democracy and Christianity for which none shall we force to partake in.

Mosktopia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosktopia » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 am

Du Pont wrote:Very well written and concise. Neither verbose nor dim, simply enough. Though we aren't members of the World Assembly we observe some of its laws and the one being repealed had too many split ends and loop holes. Is anyone going to write up a replacement law?

My understanding is that there are a couple replacements currently being drafted.

Lithonia wrote:Although I am sad to see this proposal doing so well, I admit that its current success is proof of the great diplomatic ability of the Cowardly Pacifists.

The Eternal Kawaii wrote:With all due respect to the ambassador from Cowardly Pacifists, this has to be one of the most pointless proposals ever brought before this assembly.

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Having had a literate sapient read this in accordance with GAR#122, and having regard to a 9-0 internal poll IN FAVOR of repeal, this delegacy votes FOR the repeal of this act on behalf of the Republic of Europeia. We agree with the repeal writer's argument that "the many flaws in "Rights of the Disabled Act" render it problematic, unworkable, and sometimes harmful to the very people it is supposed to protect;", and stand by Europeia's previous vote AGAINST the Rights of the Disabled Act

/s/ Environmental Warrior aka Moronist Decisions
World Assembly Delegate for Europeia
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:20 pm

"What a quiet debate this has proved...

"In the end, we decided to vote FOR this repeal, though we aren't especially wild about the mooted replacements."

~ Ambassador to the WA Inky Fungschlammer

The Saint James Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saint James Islands » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:16 am

It was my pleasure to vote FOR this proposal before coming to the delegacy of the DSA and it is a pleasure to have the DSA reaffirming that decision. I'm just going to call this vote now. :p
Classical republican, environmental student
Pro: Parliamentarism, civic virtue, positive liberty, soft Euroscepticism, the scientific method, facts
Anti: Presidentialism, authoritarianism, corruption, populism, hard Euroscepticism, misinformation
IC posts made by this nation are non-canonical.
This nation does not reflect my actual political views.
Do not use orally after using rectally.
Guilherme Magalhães
Senator for Ilhas de Santiago Ocidentais
Staunchly independent
[23:53] <StJames> ^fake news^

The death of the West will not be a homicide, but a suicide.

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:27 am

I believe this is the most widely-supported resolution in WA history. It beats res. 1 by just under 0,7%.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:00 am

Linux and the X wrote:I believe this is the most widely-supported resolution in WA history. It beats res. 1 by just under 0,7%.

Untrue. There are multiple GA proposals that passed with 90+% of the vote.

NSwiki is down, but you can use Google to find the Cached page of the WA Timeline.

A quick rundown of resolutions that have passed with 85+% of the vote: ULC - 88%; FGM - 88%, Repeal "Guns & Mental Capacity" - 86%; Repeal "Extinction Preparation Act" - 87%; Consular Rights - 89%; Clean Prostitute Act - 89%; Repeal "For the Detained & Convicted" - 87%; Repeal "Delineation of Borders Act" - 88%; Repeal "Numismatics Appreciation Act" - 85%; Repeal "On Expiration Dates" - 91%; Repeal "Intangible Cultural Heritage" - 89%; Repeal "Organ and Blood Donations Act" - 88%; Repeal "Stem Cells for Greater Health" - 85%; Biomedical Donor Rights - 92%; Biomedical Recipient Rights - 89%; Biomedical Innovation Org - 89%; Repeal "Child Protection Act" - 86%; Prevention of Child Abuse - 90%; Repeal "Assitance Givers Protection" - 91%; Freedom to Read & Learn - 85%; Sexual Autonomy Guarantee - 90%; Repeal "First Responders Protection Act" - 87%; Repeal "International Competition Law" - 87% ... And I think that's (mostly) it. I might have missed a few - especially any other recent ones since the cached NSwiki page only goes up to GAR#257.

Anyhow, I really do give my congratulations to Mosktopia on getting this repeal passed quite handily. Definitely an accomplishment - especially for a first time author! :clap:
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives