NATION

PASSWORD

[Passed] Repeal "Against Corruption"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Abacathea must not have met Grays.
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Weed wrote:Abacathea must not have met Grays.

I have, I just find Grays tends to be a constructive curmudgeon and usually quite assisting towards the development of something as opposed to being an argumentative twat for the sake of being an argumentative twat.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Mosktopia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosktopia » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Currently 85% of the vote is FOR. There really should be a mercy rule...
Last edited by Mosktopia on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lithonia wrote:Although I am sad to see this proposal doing so well, I admit that its current success is proof of the great diplomatic ability of the Cowardly Pacifists.

The Eternal Kawaii wrote:With all due respect to the ambassador from Cowardly Pacifists, this has to be one of the most pointless proposals ever brought before this assembly.

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Pleased to be voting for this fine repeal.
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

NatSov
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NatSov » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:06 am

Abacathea wrote:Oh yay, a nation formed entirely for the purpose of arguing against every single WA resolution, nice to be forewarned that I might have to be adding my first individual to my ignore list so as not to have my threads (which will undoubtedly go against you no matter what it is) hijacked with bullshit.

* Emphasis mine

Actually, no. While I shall argue for national sovereignty in any proposal thread I deem worth my time, there are issues (especially those that deal purely with international matters which do not take place in any nation's sovereign territory) for which I would encourage WA legislation. "Against Corruption," as it was, meddled with the functioning of individual governments and tried to regulate their internal affairs, something I am definitely against.

While not trying to turn this into a threadjack, let me just say that my stance is that the WA should only legislate on issues which national governments can't reasonably sort out individually for themselves.

New Tarajan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Tarajan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:22 am

The delegation of New Tarajan has analyzed both the original resolution and its proposed repeal.
The delegation did not find the mistake, as defined in the repeal: the main goal of the GA#248 was to give an input to Member State to better oversee the illicit bribery activities of organizations in their territory, and the text perfectly represents this intent.
For this reason, and since we do not see any relevant action in order to substitute such an important piece of legislation, after the repeal, with a corrected text, this the Kingdom of New Tarajan VOTE AGAINST this repeal.
Federal Aristocratic Kingdom of New Tarajan
Proud Founder and Secretary General of the SECURS
Minister for Foreign Alliances of the Anti-Terror Pact; Report Officer of the Committee of Genocide Reports and Notifications; Member of the International Red Cross & Peace Corps of NationStates; Member of the United Regions; Member of the Organization for Economic Advancement
Count Carl August Van Hoenkel
Baroness Augustine Van Geldern

Ganzeland
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganzeland » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:31 pm

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:23 pm

"Though we are not convinced that Against Corruption is a seriously flawed document, its author's support for this motion is sufficient to convince us to vote FOR its repeal. We are distinctively ambivalent about a replacement."

~ Ambassador to the WA Inky Fungschlammer

The Dourian Embassy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dourian Embassy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 am

Yay it passed and stuff.
Treize Dreizehn, President of Douria.

cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Yeay, corruption is once more legal! Now our bribery giftbasket campaigns won't be turned down by our WA allies anymore.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:34 pm

OOC: I'm assuming you meant to post that with Lobbyists...

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:35 pm

The Dark Star Republic wrote:OOC: I'm assuming you meant to post that with Lobbyists...

OOC: Lobbyists isn't mine. My only puppets are PPU and the WA Kitty Kops. Araraukar's giftbasket campaigns are how it ensures no-one in the geographical neighbourhood wants to invade it. :P
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:55 pm

OOC: Ah, my mistake - it was a similar posting style. Normally my puppet nose is pretty good - evidently I'm out of practice!

Sorry.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:27 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:OOC: Ah, my mistake - it was a similar posting style. Normally my puppet nose is pretty good - evidently I'm out of practice!

Sorry.

OOC: I always mark my puppets as puppets (and also state my main nation) in their forum signatures. I've no idea who Lobbyists is, but I can assure you that Araraukar's been at it far longer. ;)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives