NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend The Pacific

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Commend The Pacific

Postby Charax » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:44 am

The Security Council,

Recognizing
the New Pacific Order (NPO, formerly known as the People's Republic of The Pacific) as the legitimate governing body of the Pacific;

Noting that the NPO has continuously served as the government body of The Pacific for over a decade, providing a stability and safety from coups and rogue delegates unheard of in other Pacific regions for its member nations since its inception;

Praising the dedication and commitment of The Pacific's member nations to uphold the Charter of The Pacific and support of the NPO throughout the last decade, especially in its resistance to those that sought to overthrow the NPO over the years, such as the Alliance Defense Network and the Free Pacific Army;

Acknowledging the leadership The Pacific under the NPO has shown against regions and groups that promote discrimination and hate, including invasions of The Greater German Reich as part of the now-defunct Sovereign Confederation, as well as leading a large coalition of regions against NAZI EUROPE (June 2013);

Further Acknowledging the measures taken by The Pacific to combat recruitment via the Regional Message Board, a practice which many nations found disruptive, with a suppression system that has been adopted by the vast majority of all large regions;

Observing The Pacific's efforts under the NPO to promote similar stability and peace in other Pacific regions, as well as Osiris, Balder, Lazarus and The Rejected Realms, through both treaties, such as with The West Pacific (ratified 24th August 2013) and military action, such as the recent Osiran coup (Deployed July 2013);

Believing these successes are due to the "Francoist" doctrine of Francos Spain, who rose to power in The Pacific during the August Revolution of 2003 and subsequently formed the NPO;

Impressed at the subsequent authoring of 'Proper Fracoist Thought', an essay which has informed generations upon generations of Pacifican nations as to the purpose and running of the New Pacific Order, which is often misrepresented due to prejudice in the inter-regional community;

Contending that The Pacific's stability and continued relevance in World Affairs is something to be emulated by all Pacific regions, as well as Lazarus, Balder, Osiris and The Rejected Realms;

Resolved to recognize unique and important historical achievements, regardless of opinions regarding type of government achieving them;

HEREBY COMMENDS The Pacific

Co-authored by Wintermoot
Last edited by The Blaatschapen on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:46 am

A backdoor commendation for the NPO and Francoism? Nah.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Terravoss
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terravoss » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Meh. Not bad I suppose. Still smells fishy though.
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

This is an out of character nation that represents my true views on Nation States. I make no apologies for any comment that I may make. You have been warned.

Wintermoot
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Wintermoot » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:55 am

If I may put this in context...

As we were discussing the current Francos Spain proposal in Spiritus, a number of people indicated that they couldn't support it either because of the circumstances involving his supposed death or because they felt the NPO/The Pacific as a whole were more deserving of the commendation than Francos Spain in particular. This resolution was written by Charax and I to address those opinions. Obviously we're aware that there are people that feel there shouldn't be a commendation at all, and neither of us fancy ourselves master resolution writers anyhow. We just feel that based on the feedback we received more people would be able to support this resolution in good conscience, and we took a crack at writing it between ourselves.
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

The Seafield Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seafield Islands » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:58 am

Good. Pass it then. :)
The Seafield Islands

Mallorea and Riva should resign

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:46 pm

I have to say, I am shocked to see Wintermoot as author of this resolution. I don't know him personally, only by reputation, but I am pleasantly surprised to see him (and other Spiritusians) recognize the dedication of the Pacific and her residents. This is a well deserved commendation, regardless of the eventual thread piling that we'll no doubt see.

Might I recommend that someone file about 10,000 GHRs so F4A/Ballo and the rest of the Dutch Mod Mafia won't be able to come here and whine about their failed invasion attempts?

Next up: The #miniluv crew, Imperialists, and a Woodhouse puppet (maybe it will actually be Nordin this time). Might I ask those without an agenda to look past the partisanship on both sides?

As far as the resolution: The Nazi Europe raid was unsuccessful for various reasons which I'm sure the above mentioned anti-Pacificans will be all too glad to offer up their spinned version of the event. I would include the complete destruction of "Reich" though.

Edit: Did I jynx the thread pile? :palm:
Last edited by Karpathos on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Karpathos wrote:Might I recommend that someone file about 10,000 GHRs so F4A/Ballo and the rest of the Dutch Mod Mafia won't be able to come here and whine about their failed invasion attempts?

No, you may not. Ballo doesn't ever read GHRs, Blaat has no access, and Crazy Girl isn't all that active there. How about you stop suggesting spamming us entirely, please.

Karpathos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Is a lack of humor a prerequisite for being a mod?
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Karpathos wrote:Is a lack of humor a prerequisite for being a mod?

Depends on who the mod is. 8)

In this case though........ Well I will leave that to your own imagination.

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:08 am

Definitely better than the other draft that was floating around on this matter for a while (drafted by Kingborough iirc). Should be an interesting debate.

Contending that The Pacific's stability and continued relevance in World Affairs is something to be emulated by all Pacific regions, as well as Lazarus, Balder, Osiris and The Rejected Realms;

Not sure this clause is necessary - while the stability is admirable, I do believe that the other GCRs (or most of them) do have a continued relevance in World Affairs just as much as the Pacific does.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:43 am

Is lack of common sense a prerequisite for being you?

Perhaps I would have found it funnier if we weren't currently being GHR spam-attacked by a couple of jackass players.

Karpathos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:58 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:

Is lack of common sense a prerequisite for being you?

Perhaps I would have found it funnier if we weren't currently being GHR spam-attacked by a couple of jackass players.

Most definitely. Common sense is for those who lack the imagination to do their own thing. Hence....

Not my problem you hate your job Fris.
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:56 am

I don't understand why you continuously take pot-shots at the mods Karpathos. They are volunteers.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Wintermoot
Envoy

Postby Wintermoot » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Karpathos wrote:I have to say, I am shocked to see Wintermoot as author of this resolution. I don't know him personally, only by reputation, but I am pleasantly surprised to see him (and other Spiritusians) recognize the dedication of the Pacific and her residents. This is a well deserved commendation, regardless of the eventual thread piling that we'll no doubt see.

I'd be curious to know more about this reputation sometime. I'm such small beans I shouldn't really have a reputation. :P
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

Ambibia
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambibia » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:23 pm

go for it. You make a legitimate argument.
15 year-old male Democrat from South Carolina, USA. Presbyterian. Currently enrolled in boarding school in Virginia.
Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38
"There was never a good war, or a bad peace" -Benjamin Franklin
"We seldom repent of having eaten too little"-Thomas Jefferson
"There are many ways of moving foward, but only one way of standing still"-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:19 pm

It really is a testament to the mods that Frisbeeteria doesn't DOS you on the spot, Karpathos. You don't poke tigers with sticks. You just don't.

ON the other hand ...

17 hours ago: Karpathos resigned from the World Assembly.

So in the words of Archie Bunker, "Stifle yourself."
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Submitted! I'd really appreciate it if you could head over to the approval page and give us some love. :D
◆◆◆

Karpathos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Retired WerePenguins wrote:It really is a testament to the mods that Frisbeeteria doesn't DOS you on the spot, Karpathos. You don't poke tigers with sticks. You just don't.

ON the other hand ...

17 hours ago: Karpathos resigned from the World Assembly.

So in the words of Archie Bunker, "Stifle yourself."

Right, because I can't switch my WA.
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:36 pm

SkyDip wrote:A backdoor commendation for the NPO and Francoism? Nah.

* Puts on Senator of World Assembly Affairs hat

We actually had nothing to do with this draft. :P
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Feux wrote:

That's true actually. Nobody outside of myself and Wintermoot knew about it until after we posted it here.
◆◆◆

Pacifican Warlords
Civilian

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacifican Warlords » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:00 pm

I must admit that I am suspect that this is an attempt by those who don't hold the NPO in high regard to associate us with what would look like us trying to commend ourselves, when in actuality we have nothing to do with this. The NPO member who submitted it only joined the Order several days ago, and is tied to a region that's leadership has informally condemned Pacifican practices in the past.

If that is not the case, I appreciate Charax's enthusiasm, but naturally one must understand my suspicions about this.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Feux wrote:

Since when do I believe a word you have ever said?
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Wintermoot
Envoy

Postby Wintermoot » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Pacifican Warlords wrote:I must admit that I am suspect that this is an attempt by those who don't hold the NPO in high regard to associate us with what would look like us trying to commend ourselves, when in actuality we have nothing to do with this. The NPO member who submitted it only joined the Order several days ago, and is tied to a region that's leadership has informally condemned Pacifican practices in the past.

If that is not the case, I appreciate Charax's enthusiasm, but naturally one must understand my suspicions about this.

Being the embodiment of said leadership, I suppose I should reply.

It's true that as governments we don't always see eye-to-eye, and sometimes our military forces face each other during update. That doesn't mean that Spiritans as a whole can't recognize the unique accomplishments of The Pacific under the NPO, or can't believe that they're deserving of commendation. The circumstances I mentioned that led to drafting this resolution are genuine, and quite frankly neither Spiritus or myself care to play political games with Security Council resolutions. I can guarantee the intent behind the commendation is genuine, that there is no ulterior motive behind it, and that both Charax and I put in a good effort to make it something we felt was presentable.

I suppose there's not much more I can do to allay those sorts of suspicions, other than also confirm that only Charax and I were involved in the drafting of this and nobody else knew about it until it was posted here.
Inric Nordrim Kestar
Monarch of Wintreath

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:38 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Feux wrote:* Puts on Senator of World Assembly Affairs hat

Since when do I believe a word you have ever said?

When did you stop? Honestly, nothing to do with this.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Pacifican Warlords wrote:I must admit that I am suspect that this is an attempt by those who don't hold the NPO in high regard to associate us with what would look like us trying to commend ourselves, when in actuality we have nothing to do with this. The NPO member who submitted it only joined the Order several days ago, and is tied to a region that's leadership has informally condemned Pacifican practices in the past.

WA campaign telegram Charax → Feux, A mean old man, Krulltopia
4 hours ago

AMOM, Feux, Krull,

Hey there.

Just submitted a commendation of the Pacific, I'd love it if you guys could give me a hand bumping it up to Quorum.

Many thanks,
Charax

What with the unusually large number of negative sentiments being thrown at us from the Ondersphere these days, I can't help but share the concern that this might be an attempt at some sort of PR trap.

Even if this isn't the case, I'm not going to approve what is essentially a commendation of the NPO while I'm such a high-ranking member.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"