NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Liberate Democratia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Brutopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Brutopia » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:45 pm

I certainly cannot remember seeing any "vibrant community" in Democratia. If the imperialists really succeed in "liberating" the region, it will probably go back to being yet another one or two-nation region with the newest post being 60 days old. But apart from that, I'm sure it will be a great defender trophy.
"This region has been liberated by the brave boys from 10000 Islands, Equinox etc etc with the kind help of an altered game rule" :bow:

Edit: I did not mean to insinuate that 10000 Islands does not use honourable and sporting defender tactics. It just happened to be the first defender region that came to my mind.
Last edited by Great Brutopia on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cromwell Protectorate
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromwell Protectorate » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Jedi-Gangsters wrote:I find it interesting that you seem to care so little for your own region.

((Speaking for Cromwell Protectorate))

Jedi-Gangsters,

Understanding how you feel (In the past with A Lee Project we have fell victim to Raiders in the regions we were once apart of; and as such, we're a defender-minded nation since 2003).

Where is the proof?

It seems it was almost 3 months since this had happened?
Where are those natives standing behind you and also expressing the concern you have?

You do realize that if this passes, it will change NationStates? (Again, honourable attempt, but the WA cannot interfear in game play, despite the Axis of Evil and their ideals)
Honourable Benjamin Sisko
Ambassador to Nation States
The United Republic of Cromwell
cromwell protectorate
a lee project

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Founded: Oct 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Great Brutopia wrote:I certainly cannot remember seeing any "vibrant community" in Democratia. If the imperialists really succeed in "liberating" the region, it will probably go back to being yet another one or two-nation region with the newest post being 60 days old. But apart from that, I'm sure it will be a great defender trophy.
"This region has been liberated by the brave boys from 10000 Islands, Equinox etc etc with the kind help of an altered game rule" :bow:

Very cynical, indeed. If that happens then at least Democratia had the ability to decide its own fate. Liberate Democratia, remove The Axis of Evil from the region and let the region decide its own path.I have no interest in having Democratia as a trophy, that is not how I play NationStates.

Cromwell Protectorate
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromwell Protectorate » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Great Brutopia wrote:I certainly cannot remember seeing any "vibrant community" in Democratia. If the imperialists really succeed in "liberating" the region, it will probably go back to being yet another one or two-nation region with the newest post being 60 days old. But apart from that, I'm sure it will be a great defender trophy.

We recall this, because A Lee Project (our former nationhead) was a Field Commander for 10,000 Islands TITO force...because of a game glitch, the region was defended...but all because of a glitch..overriding the rules.. ALP resigned it's commission because of this nonsense...overriding the game play.
Honourable Benjamin Sisko
Ambassador to Nation States
The United Republic of Cromwell
cromwell protectorate
a lee project

The Nuclear Robatics
Attaché

Founded: Oct 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nuclear Robatics » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Cromwell Protectorate wrote:
Jedi-Gangsters wrote:I find it interesting that you seem to care so little for your own region.

And I find it interesting that you care so little for the rights of nations to do whatever they please. Also the only region that i really care about is called The Royal Robatic Empire and no body can invaded it because i pass-word protect it from the outside world

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:59 pm

Edit: I did not mean to insinuate that 10000 Islands does not use honourable and sporting defender tactics. It just happened to be the first defender region that came to my mind.

And you are indeed a member of The Axis of Evil,so it would be natural that you would support your regions actions. As stated I have no interest in making Democratia into trophy for myself. And you are clearly opposed to the idea of defenders making Democratia into a trophy. So, do you support The Axis of Evil using Democratia as a trophy?

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:01 pm

The Nuclear Robatics wrote:
And I find it interesting that you care so little for the rights of nations to do whatever they please. Also the only region that i really care about is called The Royal Robatic Empire and no body can invaded it because i pass-word protect it from the outside world

I care deeply for the rights of other nations, but The Axis of Evil have no rightful claim to Democratia. Lucky Number and the others are non-natives, they are invaders belonging to The Axis of Evil. They have no right to speak for Democratia.

Leach Islands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Leach Islands » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 pm

The Axis of Evil have sucessfully invaded an unprotected region, if they did not want to be attacked, or if they wanted to emphasise their claim to sovereignity they would have taken measures to protect the region, and not let it fall to invaders.
Last edited by Leach Islands on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed
J.Leach
=/\= Intergalactic King of Leach Islands
Leader & Founder Of AWATO Peacekeeping organisation
DefCon:[1][2][3][4][5]
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.
Shebu wrote:
History is written by winners. French History books are blank from cover to cover.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Leach Islands wrote:The Axis of Evil have sucessfully invaded an unprotected region, if they did not want to be attacked, or if they wanted to emphasise their claim to sovereignity they would have taken measures to protect.

Just because a region is unable to defend itself is not a valid justification for its destruction or its use as some kind of trophy.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Manfigurut wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Manfigurut wrote:For a long time I was the delegate my region and had to use password-protection to prevent undesireable nations from entering our region. We have since refounded it, but I think that the option of liberating a region can be very easily abused by invaders or so-called defenders to impose their rule on others. Therefore I tend to oppose all Security Council resolutions, via my WA nation.

You've not heard of the word "investigation" or the phrase "fact-checking" before? Irrelevant. For example, I just checked up on your region to see whether you were not a raider in disguise, or whether you have committed past abuses. You haven't. Simple as that. You'd convince me otherwise if there were another reason, however.

Being a native speaker of English, I have actually heard of the phrase. It will probably surprise you, but I have even checked on the region in question. If several nations arrive from the AoE and decide to change the WFE it is their affair. The delegate and the nation Lucky Number have envidently inhabited Democratia for a lengthy period of time. There's no need to grief against either of them. Raiders or not, what they do with their home (which seems to me to be just another dying inactive mini-region) is no concern of mine or of any other region.

You seem to regard raiding as an "abuse". While I certainly would not like my region to be invaded, raiding does not break any game rules. NS probably wouldn't be half as fun as it is without an occasional war.

Then it is an abuse of the rules, an abuse of a LOOPHOLE. You know THAT word, too, huh? And, sure, it wouldn't be half as fun. Why do you think I'm so virulently for this measure? It wouldn't be any fun if the bad guys won all the time, now, would it? :D
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Leach Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Leach Islands » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:16 pm

Jedi-Gangsters wrote:
Leach Islands wrote:The Axis of Evil have sucessfully invaded an unprotected region, if they did not want to be attacked, or if they wanted to emphasise their claim to sovereignity they would have taken measures to protect.

Just because a region is unable to defend itself is not a valid justification for its destruction or its use as some kind of trophy.

It is a common known fact that defence is crucial to a Regions survival so although they do not deserve to be condemned to destrution or to be used as a trophy. These animals will see an oppertunity, to stop this happening Regions either need to defend themsleves, lock-down the region until it is safe, or ask for Allied help.
Signed
J.Leach
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.
Shebu wrote:
History is written by winners. French History books are blank from cover to cover.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Leach Islands wrote:
Jedi-Gangsters wrote:

It is a common known fact that defence is crucial to a Regions survival so although they do not deserve to be condemned to destrution or to be used as a trophy. These animals will see an oppertunity, to stop this happening Regions either need to defend themsleves, lock-down the region until it is safe, or ask for Allied help.

Key-Word: ALLIED. As in the WA? Ok, sure. We'll liberate them so that the Axis can get booting.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Leach Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Leach Islands » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:19 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Leach Islands wrote:
Jedi-Gangsters wrote:

Key-Word: ALLIED. As in the WA? Ok, sure. We'll liberate them so that the Axis can get booting.

No. Allied as in Allied Regions
Signed
J.Leach
Shebu wrote:

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Leach Islands wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Leach Islands wrote:
Jedi-Gangsters wrote:

Like the ones who have WA Members in them. Ok, sure.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Leach Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Leach Islands » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:24 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Leach Islands wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Leach Islands wrote:
Jedi-Gangsters wrote:

If you do not wan't to help them then don't, all i am saying is that Regions like these have to wake up and smell the coffee, No Defence=Possible Invasion By Raiders.
Signed
J.Leach
Shebu wrote:

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Not all regions have the means to defend themselves or know where to go for help. They still deserve support and assistance.

The Nuclear Robatics
Attaché

Founded: Oct 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nuclear Robatics » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:25 pm

Leach Islands wrote:
Jedi-Gangsters wrote:

Well if the residents and the founder of Democratia were active in thier region, the founder should have ejected and banned the nations of the Axis Of Evil from ever returning to Democratia. They didn't do that, so they deserved the ass kicking they got :D :evil: :clap:

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Leach Islands wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Leach Islands wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Leach Islands wrote:
Jedi-Gangsters wrote:

If you do not wan't to help them then don't, all i am saying is that Regions like these have to wake up and smell the coffee, No Defence=Possible Invasion By Raiders.

The WA is an international community. I help my fellow nation-state neighbors become independent and prosperous, not steal their house and toss them to the vultures. And you should learn: Invasion by Raiders=Repercussions from WA/the Invaded

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:28 pm

The Nuclear Robatics wrote:Well if the residents and the founder of Democratia were active in thier region, the founder should have ejected and banned the nations of the Axis Of Evil from ever returning to Democratia. They didn't do that, so they deserved the ass kicking they got :D :evil: :clap:

What sound reasoning! I think I'll go support this travesty... NOT :lol2:

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Leach Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Leach Islands » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Jedi-Gangsters wrote:Not all regions have the means to defend themselves or know where to go for help. They still deserve support and assistance.

Agreed but as this Region is an old one they should have known what might happen. Raids are getting more frequent now that we have the Liberation Scheme. If a New Region is attacked then intervention is definatley needed, but if an older region is attacked then they should have realised they need protecting.
Signed
J.Leach
Shebu wrote:

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Leach Islands wrote: If a New Region is attacked then intervention is definatley needed, but if an older region is attacked then they should have realised they need protecting.
'

Speaking of "sound reasoning"...
Last edited by The Rich Port on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Mikeswill wrote:Again:
Liberation Resolutions in the Security Council alter the rules of Play and put Regions such as NationStates in Jeopardy.

Therefore:
Mikeswill's vote against "Liberate Democratia" has been noted.

please tell me how this affects your region at all?

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Mikeswill wrote:Again:
Liberation Resolutions in the Security Council alter the rules of Play and put Regions such as NationStates in Jeopardy.

Therefore:
Mikeswill's vote against "Liberate Democratia" has been noted.

please tell me how this affects your region at all?

And why exactly do you oppose such a measure? You are giving the WA police powers it very desperately needs to avoid abuses around The World if one votes for it. And yet you claim to stand for the WA. Answer Messer Kalibarr's question, please.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Elktown
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elktown » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:53 pm

This idea basically would say communicate to people that you are not allowed to invade in this game.
Delegate From the Phoenix Empire

Founder of the Confederation of Allied Nations

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Elktown wrote:This idea basically would say communicate to people that you are not allowed to invade in this game.

And this is a problem to you? No? Didn't think so...

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives