NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Liberate Democratia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

F1-Insanity
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby F1-Insanity » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:44 pm

We oppose this resolution which seeks to undo the rightful invasion and occupation that is now in place.
F1-Insanity Factbook
World Bowl XII: Winner
Why yes, I am a progressive and social human being, thanks for asking!
Think about the numbers in terms that we can relate to. Remove eight zeros from the numbers and pretend it is the household budget for the fictitious Jones family:
-Total annual income for the Jones family: $21,700
-Amount of money the Jones family spent: $38,200
-Amount of new debt added to the credit card: $16,500
-Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710

-Amount cut from the budget: $385
Help us Obi Ben Bernanki, printing more money is our only hope... for a big bonus! - Wall Street
Bush's 'faith' was the same political tool as Obama's 'hope'.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Founded: Oct 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Lucky Number wrote:The government of Lucky Number would like to protest against the malicious slander spouted by Jedi-Gangsters on this thread. Lucky Number has always upholded the right of every nation and region to self-determination and therefore resents the interference of Equinox, a known imperialist region, in affairs that only concern the region of Democratia. Furthermore, Lucky Number is deeply troubled by the discriminatory attitude of J-G. LN government policies should not be of any concern to uninvolved nations.

Really? I find your point of view interesting since you are not a native of Democratia, and are a member of The Axis of Evil. The group that invaded Democratia, password-protected the region and have held onto the region for over 85 days now. Have you asked the remaining native in Democratia how they feel about your actions? Do they support you? And I noticed that the native, Exilia and Colonies, is not endorsing the invader Delegate.

And how does invading a region, sealing it off and holding the region support the idea of self-determination?

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Cinistra wrote:
Jedi-Gangsters wrote:Resurrect a dead horse? Who knows. What I do I want is to Liberate Democratia. If you truly believe that Democratia was dying then at least give the region some respect and let it do so on its own. So, do you support the actions of The Axis of Evil, and the attempt to keep regions as trophies?

Trophy-keeping? That surely isn't against the instincts of defenders, as far as I have observed.

*cough*Empire of power*cough*

Lucky Number
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 03, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucky Number » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:49 pm

The Nuclear Robatics wrote:I find this proposal to be a complete waste of time. I find that the Axis had the right to capture this region and use it for whatever purpose the Axis decides. If the natives of the region don't like it well tough, that is life.

As can be seen by the practically unanimous support of our delegate by the natives of Democratia, the password protection is desired by the local populace. Besides that, if Democratia wishes to be allied or affiliated to other regions it is a matter that should be of no concern to foreign nations.

The Nuclear Robatics
Attaché

Founded: Oct 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nuclear Robatics » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:50 pm

Lucky Number wrote:
The Nuclear Robatics wrote:I find this proposal to be a complete waste of time. I find that the Axis had the right to capture this region and use it for whatever purpose the Axis decides. If the natives of the region don't like it well tough, that is life.

As can be seen by the practically unanimous support of our delegate by the natives of Democratia, the password protection is desired by the local populace. Besides that, if Democratia wishes to be allied or affiliated to other regions it is a matter that should be of no concern to foreign nations.

I agree with you

F1-Insanity
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby F1-Insanity » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 pm

If you give your password out to those who would invade you, you deserve no better than it. The invasion was just punishment for the stupidity of democracy.
F1-Insanity Factbook
World Bowl XII: Winner
Why yes, I am a progressive and social human being, thanks for asking!
Think about the numbers in terms that we can relate to. Remove eight zeros from the numbers and pretend it is the household budget for the fictitious Jones family:
-Total annual income for the Jones family: $21,700
-Amount of money the Jones family spent: $38,200
-Amount of new debt added to the credit card: $16,500
-Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710

-Amount cut from the budget: $385
Help us Obi Ben Bernanki, printing more money is our only hope... for a big bonus! - Wall Street
Bush's 'faith' was the same political tool as Obama's 'hope'.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 pm

I do not support what Grub did in Empire of Power. I am a defender, and it is not just to lump us all together. Since, The Axis of Evil are invaders and they have no issue when it comes to holding onto regions and destroying them, would it be fair to say all invaders would endorse such actions?

Elktown
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elktown » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Vote AGAINST this. Any nation has the right to invade a region. It is simply part of game rules. It this region could not defend itself. It is not deserving.
Delegate From the Phoenix Empire

Founder of the Confederation of Allied Nations

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:53 pm

From what I see, except for Exilia and Colonies, the WA nations in Democratia are all members of The Axis of Evil. Which means they are not natives of Democratia and logiccally they would support these actions.

The Nuclear Robatics
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nuclear Robatics » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Elktown wrote:Vote AGAINST this. Any nation has the right to invade a region. It is simply part of game rules. It this region could not defend itself. It is not deserving.

I agree with everybody that opposes this completely stuipid porposal

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:56 pm

With a name like "The Axis of Evil", that region is just asking to get some kind of "rights infringement" from the World Assembly. I vote for this ruling, based on the fact the Axis is abusive of other regions and that they need curtailing. Oh, and Axis of Evil, try another, less-revealing name, like "Teh Axiss of Kittehs!!" or something.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Manfigurut
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Manfigurut » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:56 pm

For a long time I was the delegate my region and had to use password-protection to prevent undesireable nations from entering our region. We have since refounded it, but I think that the option of liberating a region can be very easily abused by invaders or so-called defenders to impose their rule on others. Therefore I tend to oppose all Security Council resolutions, via my WA nation.

Mutated Skeleton Lords
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

AT VOTE: Liberate Democratia

Postby Mutated Skeleton Lords » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 pm

I think that this decision prevents the progression of this game, therefore i vote against.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Manfigurut wrote:For a long time I was the delegate my region and had to use password-protection to prevent undesireable nations from entering our region. We have since refounded it, but I think that the option of liberating a region can be very easily abused by invaders or so-called defenders to impose their rule on others. Therefore I tend to oppose all Security Council resolutions, via my WA nation.

Which is understandable. With the exception of one nation the rest of the nations in Democratia are members of The Axis of Evil. And you understand the importance of protecting ones region. Do you support what The Axis of Evil is doing to democratia?

Leach Islands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Leach Islands » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:00 pm

We at leach islands do not condemn the actions by the axis of evil, nor do we vote in favor of the Liberation. If a region is not prepared to defend itself, whether through allies or by it's own means then the inevitable will happen. They will be invaded.
Signed
J.Leach
=/\= Intergalactic King of Leach Islands
Leader & Founder Of AWATO Peacekeeping organisation
DefCon:[1][2][3][4][5]
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.
Shebu wrote:
History is written by winners. French History books are blank from cover to cover.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Manfigurut wrote:For a long time I was the delegate my region and had to use password-protection to prevent undesireable nations from entering our region. We have since refounded it, but I think that the option of liberating a region can be very easily abused by invaders or so-called defenders to impose their rule on others. Therefore I tend to oppose all Security Council resolutions, via my WA nation.

You've not heard of the word "investigation" or the phrase "fact-checking" before? Irrelevant. For example, I just checked up on your region to see whether you were not a raider in disguise, or whether you have committed past abuses. You haven't. Simple as that. You'd convince me otherwise if there were another reason, however.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Leach Islands wrote:We at leach islands do not condemn the actions by the axis of evil, nor do we vote in favor of the Liberation. If a region is not prepared to defend itself, whether through allies or by it's own means then the inevitable will happen. They will be invaded.

Those who have no reason to take up arms need not do so. They are harmless and defenseless. It is up to the WA to defend such people, or at least to prevent transgressions that would impair international peace and strain relations. And by your argument, The Axis of Evil is once again presented as dangerous. Therefore, they are delegates for regulation/curtailing, even by the WA

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:07 pm

I do not wish to impose my rule, but that is what The Axis of Evil is doing in Democratia.

Mikeswill
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Mikeswill » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Again:
Liberation Resolutions in the Security Council alter the rules of Play and put Regions such as NationStates in Jeopardy.

Therefore:
Mikeswill's vote against "Liberate Democratia" has been noted.
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Jedi-Gangsters wrote:I do not wish to impose my rule, but that is what The Axis of Evil is doing in Democratia.

You've nothing to be ashamed about. In this case, your intentions are noble, and the Axis of Evil's are not. The WA has every right to help in their expelling and the end of their operations in Democratia.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Leach Islands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Leach Islands » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:12 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Leach Islands wrote:We at leach islands do not condemn the actions by the axis of evil, nor do we vote in favor of the Liberation. If a region is not prepared to defend itself, whether through allies or by it's own means then the inevitable will happen. They will be invaded.

Those who have no reason to take up arms need not do so. They are harmless and defenseless. It is up to the WA to defend such people, or at least to prevent transgressions that would impair international peace and strain relations. And by your argument, The Axis of Evil is once again presented as dangerous. Therefore, they are delegates for regulation/curtailing, even by the WA

Nations should not have to rely on organisations such as the WA to bail them out of the trouble that they have caused themselves.
Signed
J.Leach
=/\= Intergalactic King of Leach Islands
Leader & Founder Of AWATO Peacekeeping organisation
DefCon:[1][2][3][4][5]
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.
Shebu wrote:
History is written by winners. French History books are blank from cover to cover.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Nations should not have to rely on organisations such as the WA to bail them out of the trouble that they have caused themselves.

Why do you feel that way? Does it matter? Shouldn't it come down to what is right and wrong, and the actions taken in Democratia by The Axis of Evil are plainly wrong. And shouldn't we do something to rectify this situation?

The Nuclear Robatics
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nuclear Robatics » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Jedi-Gangsters wrote:I do not wish to impose my rule, but that is what The Axis of Evil is doing in Democratia.

CRY ME A GODDAMM RIVER FOOL. I don't believe you for a fucking second. If you had your way, all raider nations would't be allowed to play or operate in NationStates

Cromwell Protectorate
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromwell Protectorate » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:15 pm

How long ago did the invasion take place?

How many natives are claiming WA action?

Cromwell Protectorate/A Lee Project has always been a defender, peacekeeping nation, however, the value of sovereignty is always priority.

Although it's a plausable and honourable Act to pass, this will open up a can of worms for ALL of NS.

Unless I see proof, we cannot support this motion....
Honourable Benjamin Sisko
Ambassador to Nation States
The United Republic of Cromwell
cromwell protectorate
a lee project

Manfigurut
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Manfigurut » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:16 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

You've not heard of the word "investigation" or the phrase "fact-checking" before? Irrelevant. For example, I just checked up on your region to see whether you were not a raider in disguise, or whether you have committed past abuses. You haven't. Simple as that. You'd convince me otherwise if there were another reason, however.

Being a native speaker of English, I have actually heard of the phrase. It will probably surprise you, but I have even checked on the region in question. If several nations arrive from the AoE and decide to change the WFE it is their affair. The delegate and the nation Lucky Number have envidently inhabited Democratia for a lengthy period of time. There's no need to grief against either of them. Raiders or not, what they do with their home (which seems to me to be just another dying inactive mini-region) is no concern of mine or of any other region.

You seem to regard raiding as an "abuse". While I certainly would not like my region to be invaded, raiding does not break any game rules. NS probably wouldn't be half as fun as it is without an occasional war.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives