NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Invasive Species Response Act"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:27 am

Ok... back from vacation, but now my family has an unexpected friend from Poland visiting us for a few days.

Keep comments for improvement coming, and I will submit this in a few days time, again.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:Keep comments for improvement coming, and I will submit this in a few days time, again.

No need; looks perfect as is.

Stephanie Orman
Representative, Nomadic Peoples of Damanucus

Icamera
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Icamera » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:51 am

Yep, I think it's fine and ready to go.
Last edited by Icamera on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senator of The Allied Republics
ICK-uh-MARE-uh (It's an anagram of America, not an Apple product)
(See here for all)
Rynatia wrote:If I asked you to sleep with me would you answer with the same answer to this question?

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 am

When will this be submitted?
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:41 pm

I just submitted it again for approval. Endorse here!

I will TG all delegate who previously endorsed this proposal, as well as many others. I want this to actually reach queue this time.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Lord Neo
Secretary

Founded: Jun 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Neo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:36 pm

I The Honorable Lord Neo has hereby approved the proposal.

DELEGATE of the Knights of the Round Table

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Only 15 more approvals needed. Crossing my fingers for queue!

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 am

Bergnovinaia wrote:Only 15 more approvals needed. Crossing my fingers for queue!

Eight now. And fourteen hours left. Have you done a last minute campaign to those who haven't supported it?

Stephanie Orman
Representative, Nomadic Peoples of Damanucus

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:40 pm

Argh! Two more approvals in 3 hours. Please approve if you haven't already. (I'm going out with friends to dinner, so I'm hoping any last minute TGs I've sent reach people).

This is more gut wrenching than the time UT beat A&M in football with a field goal with 5 seconds to spare. :mad:

List of delegates whom have approved the proposal (for reference if the thing fails.....)

(Bergnovinaia, Slafstopia, SkyDip, Emad, Neoconstantius, United Alab Emirates, Lord Neo, Johto and Kanto, Abacathea, Shadvale, The Jonathanian WA-DELEGATION, Flowersburg, The Republic of Kentucky, Jimmy Hart, HARD JAZZ, Discoveria, Ironcastle, Tatooene, East Klent, A Zapatista, Communist Eraser, Texoma, South Kilinsky, Checoveich, Albrook, Conoga, Canadahawasia, Slovak Tatran, SaiGreen, The Nightingale Of The Night, Rockanisha, Afalia, NickCage-ria, Prasinos, Oneracon, The Union of the West, Operative3, The Black Hat Guy, Linkazonia, Halatio, Beinirham, Atlantica, Maoist People, UNSC Military Headquarters, Konstantinye, Conservalandem, Khalite, Xolox, Damanucus, Prusseusss, Canicaco, Bears Armed Mission, Kylistan, Noctaurus, MirrorGate, Democratic Republic of Shala, The Salaxalans, The Eternal Kawaii, MSSC, United States of Edwards, Shadow Knight, Swug, Osterreichisches Kustenland, Danitoria, Cormac A Stark, Pratik Basu, Tanno, Siliarba, Nygrutopia, Buddyland, Krankor, Scatmans World 666, Hysnit, Mythossaly, Charlotte Ryberg)

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:35 pm

One more left in two hours...
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:22 pm

It was in queue, but now it fell out. :eek:

List:

Bergnovinaia, Slafstopia, SkyDip, Emad, Neoconstantius, United Alab Emirates, Lord Neo, Johto and Kanto, Abacathea, The Jonathanian WA-DELEGATION, Flowersburg, The Republic of Kentucky, Jimmy Hart, HARD JAZZ, Discoveria, Ironcastle, Tatooene, East Klent, A Zapatista, Communist Eraser, Texoma, South Kilinsky, Checoveich, Albrook, Conoga, Canadahawasia, Slovak Tatran, SaiGreen, The Nightingale Of The Night, Rockanisha, Afalia, NickCage-ria, Prasinos, Oneracon, The Union of the West, The Black Hat Guy, Linkazonia, Beinirham, Atlantica, Maoist People, UNSC Military Headquarters, Konstantinye, Khalite, Xolox, Damanucus, Prusseusss, Canicaco, Bears Armed Mission, Kylistan, Noctaurus, MirrorGate, Democratic Republic of Shala, The Salaxalans, The Eternal Kawaii, MSSC, United States of Edwards, Shadow Knight, Swug, Osterreichisches Kustenland, Danitoria, Cormac A Stark, Pratik Basu, Tanno, Siliarba, Nygrutopia, Buddyland, Krankor, Scatmans World 666, Hysnit, Mythossaly, Charlotte Ryberg, Alexandria-Prussia, Dycetrolux, The balkens, Elcana, New-Zealand)

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:58 am

Bergnovinaia wrote:It was in queue, but now it fell out. :eek:

List:

Bergnovinaia, Slafstopia, SkyDip, Emad, Neoconstantius, United Alab Emirates, Lord Neo, Johto and Kanto, Abacathea, The Jonathanian WA-DELEGATION, Flowersburg, The Republic of Kentucky, Jimmy Hart, HARD JAZZ, Discoveria, Ironcastle, Tatooene, East Klent, A Zapatista, Communist Eraser, Texoma, South Kilinsky, Checoveich, Albrook, Conoga, Canadahawasia, Slovak Tatran, SaiGreen, The Nightingale Of The Night, Rockanisha, Afalia, NickCage-ria, Prasinos, Oneracon, The Union of the West, The Black Hat Guy, Linkazonia, Beinirham, Atlantica, Maoist People, UNSC Military Headquarters, Konstantinye, Khalite, Xolox, Damanucus, Prusseusss, Canicaco, Bears Armed Mission, Kylistan, Noctaurus, MirrorGate, Democratic Republic of Shala, The Salaxalans, The Eternal Kawaii, MSSC, United States of Edwards, Shadow Knight, Swug, Osterreichisches Kustenland, Danitoria, Cormac A Stark, Pratik Basu, Tanno, Siliarba, Nygrutopia, Buddyland, Krankor, Scatmans World 666, Hysnit, Mythossaly, Charlotte Ryberg, Alexandria-Prussia, Dycetrolux, The balkens, Elcana, New-Zealand)

From what I am aware, it's still in the queue.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 am

For a moment it was out of queue, but now it's back! :)

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:31 pm

Finally in the queue. Can't wait to vote for it.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Title edited to reflect current status, and also because I cannot abide topic title that refer to GAR numbers, not actual names. Not all of us have the Passed Resolution list memorized.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:52 pm

This post is OOC.

Frisbeeteria wrote:Title edited to reflect current status, and also because I cannot abide topic title that refer to GAR numbers, not actual names. Not all of us have the Passed Resolution list memorized.

I bet those who do are dangerous people indeed.

But, on topic, it's great to have this finally in queue, and staying there! Why can't I remain patient?

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:42 pm

Damanucus wrote:This post is OOC.

Frisbeeteria wrote:Title edited to reflect current status, and also because I cannot abide topic title that refer to GAR numbers, not actual names. Not all of us have the Passed Resolution list memorized.

I bet those who do are dangerous people indeed.

But, on topic, it's great to have this finally in queue, and staying there! Why can't I remain patient?

Only 12 more hours or so until a vote! :)

Redentro
Spokesperson

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redentro » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:46 am

I'm not quite sure how we are supposed to enforce legislation forbidding the transfer of bacteria between countries...
I mean, don't people want to do that anyway? And has anyone ever succeeded?
Aphfriða an podrhwinix mor penka bhfra!
In peace will we be better able to live!

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Early voting patterns suggest this will be successful.

Our preemptive congratulations to the Author.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Retired WerePenguins
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Retired WerePenguins » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:16 pm

I have currently tasked the analysis of the repeal argument to my penguin staff, and I am still waiting to see the consensus of the members of my region, but I like this repeal a lot. I would like to announce that I will buy the author and coauthor a round of drinks at the Stranger's Bar.

Good Luck with the repeal!
Totally Naked
Tourist Eating
WA NS
___"That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees." James Blonde
___"Even so, I see nothing in WA policy that requires that the resolution have a concrete basis in fact," Minister from Frenequesta
___"There are some things worse than death. I believe being Canadian Prime Minister is one of them." Brother Maynard.

Evergreene
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Evergreene » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Press Release:

From the Tree Canopy Office of Robert Evergreene
August 2, 2013

We the People of The Free States of Evergreene wholeheartedly support this bill. Upon reading the previous passed bill and your current bill we have no choice but to approve. We hope a revised bill is drafted in the future to help keep our ecosystems healthy from those who release dangerous invasive species into our environment, usually after such an animal has grown too big to keep as a pet other times it could be as simple as spores or seeds being transferred from country to country by visitors.

The Country of Evergreene is completely FOR the Repeal of the "Invasive Species Response Act"

Signed,
Robert Evergreene
Founder of The Free States of Evergreene
Last edited by Evergreene on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Discoveria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:27 am

Retired WerePenguins wrote:I have currently tasked the analysis of the repeal argument to my penguin staff, and I am still waiting to see the consensus of the members of my region, but I like this repeal a lot. I would like to announce that I will buy the author and coauthor a round of drinks at the Stranger's Bar.

Good Luck with the repeal!

Matthew said, "I'm pleased to see this repeal has reached the floor. Best of luck to the Bergnovinaian delegation, and hopefully I'll see you all in the Strangers' Bar in a few days for congratulatory drinks."

"I am also pleased to be named as the editor of the repeal - it is my hope that this will increase the profile of those who contribute to the WA drafting process with thoughtful editing and proofreading."
Last edited by Discoveria on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

The Akashic Records
Diplomat

Founded: May 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Akashic Records » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:45 am

Redentro wrote:I'm not quite sure how we are supposed to enforce legislation forbidding the transfer of bacteria between countries...
I mean, don't people want to do that anyway? And has anyone ever succeeded?

The regulation is meant to be for those that are done intentionally, and without proper research, not accidental ones. There may be some bacterias that are beneficial, because who knows how far the reaches of existence is.
About my posts:
Unless otherwise stated, everything I say is in character.
Coleman T. Harrison,
WA Ambassador for The Akashic Records
On Sanity - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
No, the idea behind it (free will) is that one has the option to be Good (tm) and the option to be Bad (tm). God is rather pro-choice. - The Alma Mater -

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:21 am

At the behest of my government I have been instructed to cast a vote of NAY for this repeal. While being well intentioned and thought out, the resolution itself passed by a wide margin, and may not do so a second time. As such we are not willing to risk, not having any legislation on the matter, as opposed to mediocre legislation.

Warmest regards,

Last edited by Chester Pearson on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:04 am

Chester Pearson wrote:

At the behest of my government I have been instructed to cast a vote of NAY for this repeal. While being well intentioned and thought out, the resolution itself passed by a wide margin, and may not do so a second time. As such we are not willing to risk, not having any legislation on the matter, as opposed to mediocre legislation.

Warmest regards,

([url=http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/Unitedfederationofcanada/image_zps3414506d.jpg]Image)[/url]

We are terribly saddened that the ambassador would rather have a faulty piece of legislation on the books than no legislation at all. We challenge the ambassador to both read the repeal thoroughly and understand that the repeal is supported by the authors of the target resolution.

Mediocrity is not an acceptable standard.
Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives