NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Condemn True North"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Repeal "Condemn True North"

Postby SkyDip » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:18 am

Repeal "Condemn True North"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: SC#105 | Proposed By: SkyDip

Description: The Security Council:

RECOGNIZING that the regional population within the Condemned region has dropped from over 5,000 nations in the weeks prior to the passage of SC#105 to a more reasonable amount numbering in the hundreds of nations,

CONFIDENT that True North no longer carries out willful nation-gathering tactics and in so doing no longer poses a threat to regional recruitment or the traveling speeds of the world,

BELIEVING that the Condemnation has succeeded as the region has drastically reduced the use of "puppet flooding" to artificially inflate the regional population,

REMAINING vehemently opposed to regions who use the tactic of "puppet flooding," as in the case that led to the passage of SC#105,

COGNIZANT that SC#105 is now superfluous and no longer applicable, due to the aforementioned reasons,

HEREBY REPEALS SC#105, "Condemn True North."

Co-Authored by The Nearly Retired Delegate of Vinage and The Doctoral Monkey Feet of Mousebumples

Round three.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Terravoss
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terravoss » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:34 am

Vintage passed that shit in the first place. Why the hell would he author a repeal? You know, we spent three days voting on that in the first place, so let it stand.
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

This is an out of character nation that represents my true views on Nation States. I make no apologies for any comment that I may make. You have been warned.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:05 am

Terravoss wrote:Vintage passed that shit in the first place. Why the hell would he author a repeal? You know, we spent three days voting on that in the first place, so let it stand.

..because it's no longer a necessary Condemnation? Did you even read the text before forming that question? Is he not allowed to assist in the repeal of his own resolutions? And do you realize how terrible of an argument "we voted on it, we can't repeal it" is?
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:45 am

Well it's about damn time. :P
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:58 am

Nah let's keep it.

It's a permanent statement for any would puppet-dumpers of how much we dislike puppet dumps, and how we made example out of one of them.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

St George
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby St George » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:Nah let's keep it.

It's a permanent statement for any would puppet-dumpers of how much we dislike puppet dumps, and how we made example out of one of them.

Which is exactly why we should push Europeia or some other region that voted for it to no 1 in the pop rankings.
Bombadil wrote:To be quite honest, on any subject, around 25% of any population are batshit insane.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:14 am

Warzone Codger wrote:Nah let's keep it.

I believe if puppet dumping is a common practice in game, we really should not condemn a puppet dump for being a puppet dump, however extreme the practice is.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:31 am

I'm not sure if I feel it was condemnable in the first place, would we then be condemning and then repealing condemnations for every massive puppet dump that shows up every so often? I understand the thinking of trying to discourage it. I just don't understand why someone would want for have so many puppet nations :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Solorni wrote:I'm not sure if I feel it was condemnable in the first place, would we then be condemning and then repealing condemnations for every massive puppet dump that shows up every so often? I understand the thinking of trying to discourage it. I just don't understand why someone would want for have so many puppet nations :P

Let's hope no one else has the annoying resolve to collect 5,000+ puppets. >.>

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:54 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Solorni wrote:I'm not sure if I feel it was condemnable in the first place, would we then be condemning and then repealing condemnations for every massive puppet dump that shows up every so often? I understand the thinking of trying to discourage it. I just don't understand why someone would want for have so many puppet nations :P

Let's hope no one else has the annoying resolve to collect 5,000+ puppets. >.>

Hey if it will get me a condemnation...

(^That is why I disliked the condemnation to begin with, there is nothing particularly difficult about it. Just... kinda strange.)
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Yeah, exactly. It's like a RL hoarder :P

More scary and pity-worthy than hateful :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Welsh Cowboy II
Secretary

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy II » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 am

Solorni wrote:Yeah, exactly. It's like a RL hoarder :P

Much like staying up past midnight to put your name on a WFE, or remove the same.

Astracarn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Astracarn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:33 pm

I definitely support this.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Welsh Cowboy II wrote:
Solorni wrote:Yeah, exactly. It's like a RL hoarder :P

Much like staying up past midnight to put your name on a WFE, or remove the same.

Nah that has a point of doing it to provoke others.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:
Welsh Cowboy II wrote:Much like staying up past midnight to put your name on a WFE, or remove the same.

As opposed to "simply for teh lulz."

Welsh Cowboy II
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy II » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:14 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Warzone Codger wrote:

As opposed to "simply for teh lulz."

Or because it's fun for people like me. If I can't claim to know the motives of R/D participants, then I don't think others can claim to know puppet masters' motives for their portion of the game.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Welsh Cowboy II wrote:
SkyDip wrote:As opposed to "simply for teh lulz."

Or because it's fun for people like me. If I can't claim to know the motives of R/D participants, then I don't think others can claim to know puppet masters' motives for their portion of the game.

You and I can both claim all we like - doesn't make it true. All the more reason for full-steam on the repeal train.

Welsh Cowboy II
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy II » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:08 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Welsh Cowboy II wrote:Or because it's fun for people like me. If I can't claim to know the motives of R/D participants, then I don't think others can claim to know puppet masters' motives for their portion of the game.

You and I can both claim all we like - doesn't make it true. All the more reason for full-steam on the repeal train.

Well, I'd just prefer if you'd stop claiming to know why puppet masters do what they do.

Anyway, I'm for a repeal. It was an undeserved and petty condemnation to begin with.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:44 am

Welsh Cowboy II wrote:
SkyDip wrote:You and I can both claim all we like - doesn't make it true. All the more reason for full-steam on the repeal train.

Well, I'd just prefer if you'd stop claiming to know why puppet masters do what they do.

Anyway, I'm for a repeal. It was an undeserved and petty condemnation to begin with.

I have to disagree with you there - puppet dumping happened (we suspect) in Markarth, and we had a massive population plummet after the whole RCT debacle. Personally, I feel that those who spend hours creating puppets (or having a script do it for them... somehow?) just to get to the top of the pop. board should be condemned. We're setting an example that says - puppet dumping is NOT cool.

If it was 20 or 30 puppets, yeah, that's okay.

But 5000? Who needs 5000 puppets?

Unabashedly against.
Last edited by Corporation de Apple on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

That describes pretty much every topic ever posted in NSG.

Welsh Cowboy II
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy II » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:19 am

Corporation de Apple wrote:
Welsh Cowboy II wrote:Well, I'd just prefer if you'd stop claiming to know why puppet masters do what they do.

I have to disagree with you there - puppet dumping happened (we suspect) in Markarth, and we had a massive population plummet after the whole RCT debacle. Personally, I feel that those who spend hours creating puppets (or having a script do it for them... somehow?) just to get to the top of the pop. board should be condemned. We're setting an example that says - puppet dumping is NOT cool.

Unabashedly for.

I am one of the people who was behind the True North project, so I can speak to puppetmaking and why it occurs. Again, at least for me, puppetmaking is not all about population. It's fun. People who claim that the only reason is to be #1 do not know why it actually occurs.

Who needs to put their organization's name on 30 regions in one night? Who needs to deprive themselves of sleep, and actually use scripts (we don't use them to create the nations) to remove that name from WFEs? So sure, you can condemn puppetmasters for playing an entirely legal part of the game. But if the only justification is that we don't like that part of the game, well then, I think that a condemnation is deserved for every R/D group, every WA participant, every RPer...

That's why I'm for this repeal. I am slightly confused as to why you are, but fair enough.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:31 am

Welsh Cowboy II wrote: But if the only justification is that we don't like that part of the game, well then, I think that a condemnation is deserved for every R/D group, every WA participant, every RPer...

And that's what the whole SC is about. Deciding what things we like or not like and slapping badges on them. :P

It just turns out some of the other things you mentioned "we" decided we do like them enough, so they aren't condemned. lol

Welsh Cowboy II
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy II » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:09 am

Warzone Codger wrote:
Welsh Cowboy II wrote: But if the only justification is that we don't like that part of the game, well then, I think that a condemnation is deserved for every R/D group, every WA participant, every RPer...

And that's what the whole SC is about. Deciding what things we like or not like and slapping badges on them. :P

It just turns out some of the other things you mentioned "we" decided we do like them enough, so they aren't condemned. lol

No, I understand that a condemnation is for something people disapprove of, but I don't think there are other condemnations purely for playing another part of the game; for example, raiders may be condemned for destroying regions, but they are not condemned for participating in the R/D game. However, that is what True North was condemned for. Playing a part of the game well.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am

Welsh Cowboy II wrote:
Corporation de Apple wrote:I have to disagree with you there - puppet dumping happened (we suspect) in Markarth, and we had a massive population plummet after the whole RCT debacle. Personally, I feel that those who spend hours creating puppets (or having a script do it for them... somehow?) just to get to the top of the pop. board should be condemned. We're setting an example that says - puppet dumping is NOT cool.

Unabashedly for.

I am one of the people who was behind the True North project, so I can speak to puppetmaking and why it occurs. Again, at least for me, puppetmaking is not all about population. It's fun. People who claim that the only reason is to be #1 do not know why it actually occurs.

Who needs to put their organization's name on 30 regions in one night? Who needs to deprive themselves of sleep, and actually use scripts (we don't use them to create the nations) to remove that name from WFEs? So sure, you can condemn puppetmasters for playing an entirely legal part of the game. But if the only justification is that we don't like that part of the game, well then, I think that a condemnation is deserved for every R/D group, every WA participant, every RPer...

That's why I'm for this repeal. I am slightly confused as to why you are, but fair enough.

Oh, crap. I meant against. :palm:
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

That describes pretty much every topic ever posted in NSG.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 am

Submitted as written in the OP.

Novaterra
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Novaterra » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:10 pm

I think we should not dismantle the World Assembly gradually. The main objective of the Security Council, is to prevent and lead by example.

Recommend to voters resolutions that say it is fully unrealistic to expect nations in the WA to comply to every mandate or law (by the same author of this resolution) or repeal resolutions that meet their purpose (without proposing alternatives) is contrary to WA.

I believe that a repeal was not opposed to the goals that intends abrogate is a huge hypocrisy. If you agree with the objectives, do not destroy the resolution that supports them. What you should do is draft a resolution to improve them, including in it the repeal of the remaining obsolete.

In any case, improvements first and destroy after. I understand that is a lot of work for those who do not intend to do anything positive, except take medals.
Last edited by Novaterra on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives