NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Liberate the South Pacific

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Terravoss
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Liberate the South Pacific

Postby Terravoss » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Liberate the South Pacific
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation

Nominee (region): the South Pacific

Proposed by: Esponnise

Description: NOTING that the South Pacific is one of the oldest, most populated, and most respectable regions in the world,

APPALLED by the recent "coup" that has installed The Chairman of Milograd as the regional delegate,

FURTHER appalled that the coup has caused the following to take place:
1) The expelling of long-time members of the South Pacific and those who are against The Chairman of Milograd's rule.
2) The closing of embassies with nearly all regions the South Pacific formerly had relations with, and the establishment of embassies in communist-themed regions.
and
3) The establishment of a communist, atheistic environment.

ADDING that The Chairman of Milograd's actions have also caused various "makeshift" regions of expelled the South Pacific members to be formed.

TAKING this into consideration, the Security Council hereby liberates the South Pacific.

Seeing as how the author refused to grace us with a debate thread, I will start one.

What exactly is the point to this resolution? Can Milograd even password the region even IF he had the influence to do so? Seems like a waste of 3 days of voting to me, and as such I will be voting against yet another useless Security Council resolution that accomplishes absolutely nothing.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Tue May 07, 2013 9:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

This is an out of character nation that represents my true views on Nation States. I make no apologies for any comment that I may make. You have been warned.

Cervas
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cervas » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:28 pm

Yeah it pretty much exists to look nice...i guess, otherwise it has no real reason to exist because Milograd can't password lock the region. Kinda a waste of time...
I am to Stronk for you! ᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ
If i offended you deal with it.
I don't believe in the concept of good and evil. Instead I adhere to order and chaos, and I much prefer order.

Minbaric Federal Zones
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Minbaric Federal Zones » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:40 pm

As much as I detest Milograd, et al, I have to agree with my Communist Colleague. Can someone provide any example of an actual benefit to passing this resolution?

Little Red Riding Hood
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Little Red Riding Hood » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Basically what I was going to ask. Do the people voting for this realize that there's no point to it?

On second thought, it could be amusing to vote for or try to pass just for the lulz. It really is a measure of how detached some of these things are from reality.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 pm

I don't usually get involved in Gameplay stuff but from what I have seen of the incident so far I'd say I'm gonna be voting against this. It actually looks like Milograd is doing a lot of good.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and, like, it's pointless anyway.
Last edited by Radiatia on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terravoss
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Terravoss » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Have submitted a thread in moderation to question the legality of this resolution. I for one am inclined to believe that this should be illegal, as you should not be able to password a feeder.

viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=16&t=238958

This is an out of character nation that represents my true views on Nation States. I make no apologies for any comment that I may make. You have been warned.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:50 am

It used to be illegal, it is not now illegal.

I really wish if someone had wanted to do this, they had made some sort of effort to contact our government and ask us if we wanted to be Liberated, or at least messaged one of us and told us you were going to do it. A draft thread would have been nice too. This isn't that well written, and the lack of coordination or communication with The South Pacific's own government makes me believe the author is writing just to say he has written a resolution. I will be voting against this.

I suppose I should make it clear I am speaking now as someone who was/is greatly concerned with the Security Council as a body and not expressing any official position of The South Pacific's cabinet or government. I don't know what most of the cabinet thinks about this, we've had other matters to attend to. :P
AKA Weed

Vladisvok Destino
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladisvok Destino » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 am

Why not, makes as much sense as most of what both sides have been coming out with and the novelty of having a liberated feeder would probably be the most worthwhile thing to have come out of this whole episode.
When plumbing the depths of depravity, I must remember to come up for air.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Against this, because I support Milograd's mission for a better TSP.

Good Sir
Secretary

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Good Sir » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:52 pm

And since justice has ran its course and the rule of law has been returned to The South Pacific, this sees doubly irrelevant. I will telegram the author and suggest he withdraw it as well as provide instructions for how to do so.

Glath
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Glath » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Terravoss wrote:Have submitted a thread in moderation to question the legality of this resolution. I for one am inclined to believe that this should be illegal, as you should not be able to password a feeder.

viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=16&t=238958

Looks like it's legal, but I think it's pointless. And since Milograd's out of the big chair, it's a moot point.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:32 pm

*checks TSP*

fuuuuuu

The Foxfyre Islands
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Foxfyre Islands » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Looks like the situation in TSP has settled down, is this one needed?

Penguin Dictators
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Penguin Dictators » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:49 pm

The Foxfyre Islands wrote:Looks like the situation in TSP has settled down, is this one needed?

It's about as needed as a "How to train your dog" manual for your cat.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 pm

Wait, what is this? No! Stop!

The SC has always been a silly place full of petty squabbles and half-baked ideas getting forced through by fervent campaigning, but this would take it to new levels. Let's not go there.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Terravoss
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Terravoss » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Eist wrote:Wait, what is this? No! Stop!

The SC has always been a silly place full of petty squabbles and half-baked ideas getting forced through by fervent campaigning, but this would take it to new levels. Let's not go there.

Touche. Would someone please contact the author and ask them to pull this nonsense?

Good Sir
Secretary

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Corporate Bordello

Postby Good Sir » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 pm

I did so hours ago shortly after Milo was banned.

Terravoss
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Terravoss » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:56 pm

The official ruling that was made on this seems rather asinine if you ask me. The rules don't permit the passwording of a feeder, yet it can be liberated? What in the hell is the point? I am all for the RP C&C's, but liberations are a gameplay issue. Always have been, always will be. To start using them for symbolic purposes, not only turns the Security Council into more of a fucking joke, it destroys any hope of actually using them for what they are INTENDED for, and effectively turns the Security Council into a testicleless quagmire of drivel.

Please author pull this shit, so we can save three days of pointless debate/flaming about communism, that this will surely turn into.

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 am

Eist wrote:Wait, what is this? No! Stop!

Yes, please return to your normal state of petty squabbles. A feeder got couped, from the normal state of internal and external pressures, but things have gone back to business as usual and so should the Security Council.

It's a bit on the self-indulgent to go to this height of drama every time a system created region has a coup. More than a movement to condemn those responsible and a couple threads in gameplay is excessive. It seems like every time a feeder has a cold everyone gets sneezed on.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Wed May 01, 2013 12:15 pm

I really don't care if this passes or not.

EDIT: Actually, I don't want to waste three days voting on this. Dear God, get this out of the queue.
Last edited by Ponderosa on Wed May 01, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

TheMilitaryOrderof Scandia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby TheMilitaryOrderof Scandia » Wed May 01, 2013 5:24 pm

:eyebrow: "The legal and political issue here seems moot, the region has already been liberated by a coup d'etat of democratic nations. This resolution cannot legally apply anymore; we kindly (with thanks to those sponsors; for promoting freedom and liberty in the South Pacific) ask that the sponsors please withdraw this resolution; and if not we ask all nations in the WA to oppose this pointless and useless piece of legislation, the Security Council has better things to vote on."

AGAINST!!!!!!

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Wed May 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Against. The liberation serves no purpose, as already stated. It really shouldn't be allowed to be applied to game created regions in my opinion, but the mods ruled differently. Must respect.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

How this even reached queue I'll ever know. It was pointless when Milograd was in power, and it's pointless now. There never was a password on TSP.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Wed May 01, 2013 8:33 pm

The Black Hat Guy wrote:How this even reached queue I'll ever know. It was pointless when Milograd was in power, and it's pointless now. There never was a password on TSP.

I think it's impossible to password-protect a feeder.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

ErasmoGnome
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ErasmoGnome » Fri May 03, 2013 9:28 am

Ponderosa wrote:
The Black Hat Guy wrote:How this even reached queue I'll ever know. It was pointless when Milograd was in power, and it's pointless now. There never was a password on TSP.

I think it's impossible to password-protect a feeder.

It is impossible, which just makes this even more farcical. This would have done nothing even when Milo was in power.
Former President of the Versutian Federation
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.
Unless otherwise specified, any posts I make are not representative of the VF

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives