NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate Nazi Europe

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
User avatar
Die Volkes Lebensraum
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 45
Founded: Mar 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Liberate Nazi Europe

Postby Die Volkes Lebensraum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:55 am

Mod Edit:
Liberate NAZI EUROPE
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.


Category: Liberation

Nominee (region): NAZI EUROPE

Proposed by: Feux

Description: The Security Council,

Acknowledging some ideologues within the world can be detrimental to the international community as a whole and should be perceived with antipathy as the practies followed by such ideologues target individuals and or ethnic groups throughout the ecosphere with tremendous animosity;

Recognizing the typical use of liberation proposals, which classically are pitches to free a native community from an unwarranted password imposed by a Delegate with aspirations of tyrannical obliteration of said community, to help illustrate the intentions of this unconventional proposition;

Beseeching the international community to take steps in the hindering of detrimental ideologues followed by regional communites such as Nazi Europe by voting in favor of this proposition that will permit readied militaries of international coalitions, which pursue the spreading of interregional peace and goodwill via force in the case of this proposition, admittance in the region;

Observing no existents of a regional army maintained by Nazi Europe that could serve as a threat to interregional peace, however, this focus is merely to help outline the unconventional intentions of this liberation;

Perceiving the community within Nazi Europe to be dwindling, and, in an undetermined period of time, will decay into oblivion, permitting the establishment of a new administration that may or may not shadow the same ideologies and objectives charted by the current administration of the region;

Believing in the capability of the mentioned readied militaries to prevent the establishment of a new administration that would shadow the same detrimental ideologies pursued by the current government of Nazi Europe;

Noting the region to already be condemned by Security Council Resolution #37 for atrocious acts of hostility and intolerance, not just towards members of the international community, but to those who find themselves subject to the governance by the nations within Nazi Europe;

Frightened that such a stronghold dedicated to abhorrence could, if not doing so already, corrupt entire communities to purpose the same ideologues followed by that of Nazi Europe;

Requesting the international community to recognize the symbolism in this proposal, and to stand united against ideologies that just serve to hinder interregional peace, goodwill, and prosperity;

Hereby Liberates: "Nazi Europe"

/Mod Edit

http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vie ... 1362950078

Are we really going to do this again? Really?

The only justification for this seems to be zomgg nazis; and better yet it has been proposed by Feux, the delegate of one of the largest democratic regions on nationstates, I thought democracy was supposed to promote freedom of expression and NOT revoke a regions right to make decisions for themselves :eyebrow: .

The delegate of Nazi Europe chose himself to impose a password on his own region as the founder CTEd and if not for the password the region would be re-founded and a long and rich history destroyed, a liberation is supposed to PROTECT regions from raids not allow them to happen.

Oh yes, and feux, I see you didn't bother to draft this on the forums, a less experienced writer and player doing that I could handle, but a major player in resolution drafting and writing? No.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Die Volkes Lebensraum
Reichmarschall von das Reich
HEIL!

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1693
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:06 am

Drafting here was obviously unnecessary, as a large amount of WA Delegates seem to like the proposal as written judging by the number of approvals it has garnered thus far.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

User avatar
Die Volkes Lebensraum
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 45
Founded: Mar 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Volkes Lebensraum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:42 am

SkyDip wrote:Drafting here was obviously unnecessary, as a large amount of WA Delegates seem to like the proposal as written judging by the number of approvals it has garnered thus far.


Cocky of him much?

Anyway the other points still stand.
Die Volkes Lebensraum
Reichmarschall von das Reich
HEIL!

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1693
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:50 am

Die Volkes Lebensraum wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Drafting here was obviously unnecessary, as a large amount of WA Delegates seem to like the proposal as written judging by the number of approvals it has garnered thus far.


Cocky of him much?

Anyway the other points still stand.

Confidence, perhaps. Whatever you want to call it, it's not illegal by any means to submit without drafting here first.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

User avatar
Kahchi
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahchi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:53 am

Die Volkes Lebensraum wrote:The delegate of Nazi Europe chose himself to impose a password on his own region as the founder CTEd and if not for the password the region would be re-founded and a long and rich history destroyed, a liberation is supposed to PROTECT regions from raids not allow them to happen.

Wait, is this really the argument you're going to try to use here? It's rather hypocritical: this reminds me of that time when the delegate of NAZI EUROPE tried to use a liberation proposal to make an old, storied, and famous region vulnerable to raids.

A former delegate of NAZI EUROPE is responsible for popularizing this tactic in the first place. What goes around comes around.

Viva la Haven!

User avatar
Vladisvok Destino
Envoy
 
Posts: 333
Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladisvok Destino » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am

Die Volkes Lebensraum wrote:Cocky of him much?

Anyway the other points still stand.


All your other points show are that Feux likes getting recognition for supporting region destruction when he doesn't agree with the region and when there's a chance of a pat on the head from his fellow GCRs. This is nothing new or surprising based on his previous actions.
Last edited by Vladisvok Destino on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
When plumbing the depths of depravity, I must remember to come up for air.

User avatar
Eist
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1194
Founded: May 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eist » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:51 am

SkyDip wrote:
Die Volkes Lebensraum wrote:
Cocky of him much?

Anyway the other points still stand.

Confidence, perhaps. Whatever you want to call it, it's not illegal by any means to submit without drafting here first.


Yes, but it's not illegal to open up a discussion on it if the author has neglected to do so. (I think!) Therefore, your original comment is not valid and not appropriate.

If this gets to vote, I will vote against it because as it is locked people will continue to ignore it. Although, people keep on bringing attention to this region through stupid liberation proposals, which really bugs me. I really just hope this region just dies off without anybody realising as I don't think there should be any place for the promotion of neo-Nazism in a game for all people of all ages.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

User avatar
Die Volkes Lebensraum
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 45
Founded: Mar 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Volkes Lebensraum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 pm

By your reasoning "all people" would surely stretch to neo nazism on the game, not to forget that alot role play and some are parody nations.
Die Volkes Lebensraum
Reichmarschall von das Reich
HEIL!

User avatar
Feux
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1594
Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Vladisvok Destino wrote:
Die Volkes Lebensraum wrote:Cocky of him much?

Anyway the other points still stand.


All your other points show are that Feux likes getting recognition for supporting region destruction when he doesn't agree with the region and when there's a chance of a pat on the head from his fellow GCRs. This is nothing new or surprising based on his previous actions.

Hm. No. I have rather defender views, I just hate Nazis. Don't over think it. :P
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

User avatar
Feux
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1594
Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Die Volkes Lebensraum wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Drafting here was obviously unnecessary, as a large amount of WA Delegates seem to like the proposal as written judging by the number of approvals it has garnered thus far.


Cocky of him much?


Nope. I don't really like draft threads. All they are now a days are people seeing how big and bold they can put "against" on a thread etc. and I figured that would be happening a lot regarding this topic. Being cocky is not one of my strong suits. :P
Last edited by Feux on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1693
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Eist wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Confidence, perhaps. Whatever you want to call it, it's not illegal by any means to submit without drafting here first.


Yes, but it's not illegal to open up a discussion on it if the author has neglected to do so. (I think!) Therefore, your original comment is not valid and not appropriate.

I don't recall saying it was illegal. Just pointing out that submission does not necessary require a draft thread.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

User avatar
Mahaj
Senator
 
Posts: 4110
Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Feux >.>

Opposed. Come on man, doing what Nazis did doesn't make you better than them.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

User avatar
Feux
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1594
Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Mahaj wrote:Feux >.>

Opposed. Come on man, doing what Nazis did doesn't make you better than them.

Yeah, Yeah. Boredom has a lot to do with it too. Terribly sorry.

:hug:
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

User avatar
Rupture Farms co
Diplomat
 
Posts: 833
Founded: Oct 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Rupture Farms co » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Feux wrote:
Die Volkes Lebensraum wrote:
Cocky of him much?


Nope. I don't really like draft threads. All they are now a days are people seeing how big and bold they can put "against" on a thread etc. and I figured that would be happening a lot regarding this topic. Being cocky is not one of my strong suits. :P

So intelligent debate on something is bad and definitely not your strong suit.

User avatar
Sedgistan
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 27332
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Die Volkes Lebensraum, please post the text of the proposal in the OP for reference.

User avatar
Feux
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1594
Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:21 pm

Rupture Farms co wrote:
Feux wrote:
Nope. I don't really like draft threads. All they are now a days are people seeing how big and bold they can put "against" on a thread etc. and I figured that would be happening a lot regarding this topic. Being cocky is not one of my strong suits. :P

So intelligent debate on something is bad and definitely not your strong suit.

EDIT: Eh, Kahchi said it better.
Last edited by Feux on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 3510
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:25 pm

I just approved it, and frankly, getting 65 approvals in 5 hours is incredible for any proposal.

Congrats, Feux! :)
Topid wrote:the sock puppet of my enemy is just the hand of my enemy in a warm and fuzzy wrapping.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Poland can into Moscow! And space!
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Kahchi
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahchi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Rupture Farms co wrote:
Feux wrote:
Nope. I don't really like draft threads. All they are now a days are people seeing how big and bold they can put "against" on a thread etc. and I figured that would be happening a lot regarding this topic. Being cocky is not one of my strong suits. :P

So intelligent debate on something is bad and definitely not your strong suit.

I don't think that that's actually the case. This is a debate that has occurred several times before, and it's become quite evident that wasting time and effort arguing in circles doesn't appeal to most of us.
Last edited by Kahchi on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
SkyDip
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1693
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:29 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:I just approved it, and frankly, getting 65 approvals in 5 hours is incredible for any proposal.

Congrats, Feux! :)

...it's been roughly 24 hours already.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!


Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

User avatar
Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat
 
Posts: 974
Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13 pm

Guessing natives were not consulted on this :P

I dislike liberations used as a tool to enable an invasion. What happened to good old fashioned spies and infiltration?
This sets a precedent and can be used as a weapon against any organization / region whose founder CTE's.....not just the nasties.
Last edited by Sichuan Pepper on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

User avatar
Kahchi
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahchi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Guessing natives were not consulted on this :P

I dislike liberations used as a tool to enable an invasion. What happened to good old fashioned spies and infiltration?
This sets a precedent and can be used as a weapon against any organization / region whose founder CTE's.....not just the nasties.

Spies and infiltration are still commonplace, of course, but I don't think we should frown upon exercising alternative means of achieving a given end. This is a different, more direct, newer, and experimental method of achieving an old goal. The circumstances here are also unique given the nature and history of the target: NAZI EUROPE is virtually universally disliked.

I must respectfully disagree with your statement regarding the establishment of an undesirable precedent insofar as it is essentially a slippery slope argument, and that's obviously a logical fallacy. If I was a raider and I was trying to attack a passworded and founderless region that wasn't a "nasty," I don't think that broadcasting my intent to the entirety of the World Assembly by proposing a liberation of the region would make much sense. It would raise a lot of attention that a more covert operation wouldn't stir up, and it'd place numerous formidable and superfluous obstacles in between my objective and I.

User avatar
Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat
 
Posts: 974
Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:03 am

*shrugs*
I was thinking more of invader regions whose founder CTE's. No reason it could not be used in the same manner against those.
Invader founders do CTE and while they may be safe from other invaders it by no means keeps them safe from aggressive defenders.
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

User avatar
Mad Jack
Diplomat
 
Posts: 978
Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 am

Kahchi wrote:
Die Volkes Lebensraum wrote:The delegate of Nazi Europe chose himself to impose a password on his own region as the founder CTEd and if not for the password the region would be re-founded and a long and rich history destroyed, a liberation is supposed to PROTECT regions from raids not allow them to happen.

Wait, is this really the argument you're going to try to use here? It's rather hypocritical: this reminds me of that time when the delegate of NAZI EUROPE tried to use a liberation proposal to make an old, storied, and famous region vulnerable to raids.

A former delegate of NAZI EUROPE is responsible for popularizing this tactic in the first place. What goes around comes around.

Viva la Haven!

I love you.

As for not posting it here first, this was drafted with input from every GCR delegate. It didn't need to be posted here first.
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

User avatar
Kahchi
Secretary
 
Posts: 29
Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahchi » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:23 am

Sichuan Pepper wrote:*shrugs*
I was thinking more of invader regions whose founder CTE's. No reason it could not be used in the same manner against those.
Invader founders do CTE and while they may be safe from other invaders it by no means keeps them safe from aggressive defenders.

Given the existence of raider unity, I am confident that such regions would receive more external assistance than a "nasty" region like NAZI EUROPE would. Furthermore, it would be harder to pass such a resolution through the World Assembly. Most of the larger GP regions on NationStates loathe Nazism and dislike NAZI EUROPE. The same cannot be said about raiders, as they are far less polarizing than Nazis due to the prominent stigma against Nazis that exists IRL and on NS.

User avatar
Vladisvok Destino
Envoy
 
Posts: 333
Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladisvok Destino » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:38 am

Mad Jack wrote:As for not posting it here first, this was drafted with input from every GCR delegate. It didn't need to be posted here first.


Would it have hurt at least one of the GCR delegates to invest in a dictionary first? Or were you all in such a hurry to keep the bandwagon going that proof reading this wasn't on your to do list?
When plumbing the depths of depravity, I must remember to come up for air.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greater Slexia

Advertisement

Remove ads