NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Liberate the Security Council !!

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Topid wrote:As far as I know, The Security Council will have a successful furture, so I don't see why it's illegal. :p

:rofl: :rofl: -- YES!! Brilliant.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Drop it. It's not necessary. The "time-honoured tradition" bullshit is plainly false as anyone knows, and it would have been deleted had it been submitted as a repeal of a GA resolution.

:unsure: I.. I.. just figured it was a good opportunity to shed some light on it, considering we don't have a bookkeeping category.

But.. er, I'll flip a coin three times .. and if its straight heads or tails I'll keep it.

Heads.. Heads..WTF..Heads.. (I actually did it)

Well that did me no good -- I know Kenny is right. Who here agrees with Kenny? ;)
Last edited by Unibot on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sapient Worms
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapient Worms » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Unibot wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Drop it. It's not necessary. The "time-honoured tradition" bullshit is plainly false as anyone knows, and it would have been deleted had it been submitted as a repeal of a GA resolution.

Who here agrees with Kenny? ;)

*hears the crickets chirping in the background* :p

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Unibot wrote:

:unsure: I.. I.. just figured it was a good opportunity to shed some light on it, considering we don't have a bookkeeping category.

But.. er, I'll flip a coin three times .. and if its straight heads or tails I'll keep it.

Heads.. Heads..WTF..Heads.. (I actually did it)

Well that did me no good -- I know Kenny is right. Who here agrees with Kenny? ;)

Is it needed? No. I've never heard of a single resolution which is needed (other than a hand full of repeals).

Is it funny? Yes.

But I'm a little confused as to what Kenny is talking about "time honored tradition" that repeal has nothing to do with spliting GA and SC...
AKA Weed

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Unibot wrote:Who here agrees with Kenny? ;)

I do. The "time-honoured tradition" actually is bullshit, even though we now have a resolution saying such a thing exists.
OOC puppet of Yelda

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:53 pm

Topid wrote:Is it needed? No. I've never heard of a single resolution which is needed (other than a hand full of repeals).

Is it funny? Yes.

But I'm a little confused as to what Kenny is talking about "time honored tradition" that repeal has nothing to do with spliting GA and SC...

I wasn't talking about the resolution; I was talking about the new language Uni inserted to address the "time honoured tradition" thing. He's stricken it out, so I assume that means he thought better of it.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Oh lol, all I read was the read part and assumed everything else was the same. :palm:

I was confused, my bad!
AKA Weed

Gobbannium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:43 am

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:
Unibot wrote:Who here agrees with Kenny? ;)

I do. The "time-honoured tradition" actually is bullshit, even though we now have a resolution saying such a thing exists.

True, but being bullshit has never been illegal (he says bitterly).

Batshit, now that's something else entirely.

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:11 am

So we made Uni delegate of The Security Council and he has gained to influence rank of Dominator in one update! :bow:
AKA Weed

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Liberate the Security Council” is now in the List -- please endorse if you agree with the movement, or poke and prod a delegate who you know would too. :p
Last edited by Unibotian WASC Mission on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Unibotian WASC Mission wrote:Liberate the Security Council” is now in the Queue -- please endorse if you agree with the movement, or poke and prod a delegate who you know would too. :p

You mean "on the list". "In the queue" comes after getting the thing to quorum. Good luck. [/nitpick]

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:39 pm

I see, I've always called the queue of proposals moving to the first page as they tick down to 3 days a queue, oops.

I see, thank you ambassador. I appreciate the wellwishing.
Last edited by Unibotian WASC Mission on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:12 pm

I nearly died when I saw this had already made quorum! :rofl: Nice work, Uni.

(Hmm... A delegate trying to revoke his own password... do you worry [violet] will go back on her promise if this fails? :unsure:)
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:19 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:I nearly died when I saw this had already made quorum! :rofl: Nice work, Uni.

(Hmm... A delegate trying to revoke his own password... do you worry [violet] will go back on her promise if this fails? :unsure:)

Nah. I'm not worried.

My thought is, if this passes, its a good way to transition the World Assembly into a new age, in character, with a little bit of fun and character. And this was an awesome way to test the crowd's opinion on new technical ideas.

If it fails, err.. this was a terrible way to test any new technical ideas' popularity. :p

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Even so, if you need help campaigning for this once it reaches vote, give me a ring.

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:40 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Even so, if you need help campaigning for this once it reaches vote, give me a ring.

Thanks, but I'd be happy with just another endorsement to cushion the proposal with. At the moment its hardly safe (54 endorsements/54 endorsements needed).

Know a delegate? :lol2:

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:31 pm

I love this resolution, to be honest. Keep up the good work.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:06 pm

116 approvals.

Dare I ask...

WHY?

Spartan Philidelphia
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Spartan Philidelphia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:116 approvals.

Dare I ask...

WHY?

Dare I answer your question with another?

WHY NOT?
Spartan Philidelphia
Region: Sparta
[Defunct] National Corporation:
The Spartan Philidelphia Almost Anything Corporation
Leader: Luigi Mario
National Religion: Pastafarianism
Population: 50,420,000

Thank you all powerful moderators who were sent by Max Barry to protect us from all things spammy and trollish.

Saurea
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurea » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:50 pm

:eyebrow:

Really? No one else is going to say it?

*sighs* Alright.

Isn't this proposal illegal somehow because it's obviously aimed at the Security Council, and I mean the real Security Council, as in the part of the bloody gods-damn forums?! I'm coming late to the party here, I'm sure, but was this "Security Council" region created just so this proposal could have a target to base it on?
"Faith is Our Shield"
We are currently re-building this nation's history and canon. Please stand by.
Current Military Standing: Condition Zero; Peace Time

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:02 pm

Saurea wrote:but was this "Security Council" region created just so this proposal could have a target to base it on?

No.

Have a good day. :p

Saurea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saurea » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:09 pm

It wasn't? Well, good to know.

Still, I understand the symbolism at work here and, more likely than not because people aren't going to read the proposal that thoroughly it'll have a good chance to pass, but still, I stand by my assessment that the proposal is illegal. My reasoning behind that is that the wording of the proposal seems to be aimed at the Security Council as in the part of the forums/part of the WA while the proposal itself is targeted at a region. Doesn't that alone invalidate the entire thing?
"Faith is Our Shield"

Topid
Minister

Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Yup I founded the region when the SC first came out, because I fell in love with the feature from day one. :blush:
AKA Weed

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:07 pm

Saurea wrote:Still, I understand the symbolism at work here and, more likely than not because people aren't going to read the proposal that thoroughly it'll have a good chance to pass, but still, I stand by my assessment that the proposal is illegal. My reasoning behind that is that the wording of the proposal seems to be aimed at the Security Council as in the part of the forums/part of the WA while the proposal itself is targeted at a region. Doesn't that alone invalidate the entire thing?

Only if there were rules against it. Which there aren't.

Saurea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Saurea » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Saurea wrote:Still, I understand the symbolism at work here and, more likely than not because people aren't going to read the proposal that thoroughly it'll have a good chance to pass, but still, I stand by my assessment that the proposal is illegal. My reasoning behind that is that the wording of the proposal seems to be aimed at the Security Council as in the part of the forums/part of the WA while the proposal itself is targeted at a region. Doesn't that alone invalidate the entire thing?

Only if there were rules against it. Which there aren't.

... you have got to be kidding me. :palm:

It's a glaringly obvious enough loophole that by all rights you'd think there would be a rule against this kind of thing, especially because if you stop and think about it for even a moment that particular loophole can be abused in a number of ways.
"Faith is Our Shield"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives