NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] The Early Learning Act

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sardakhar
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sardakhar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 pm

This is it. Only a few minutes remaining and The Early Learning Act is passed! In our country, teachers, parents, and bright students celebrate the expected passing of this Act in various ways, which we will not describe in this place.

Sardakhar is fully behind The Early Learning Act.

Sardakhar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sardakhar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Congratulations to all who have given their support!

General Assembly Resolution #230: The Early Learning Act, passed by 10.824 (80%) votes to 2.758 (20%) votes.

Allinlia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Allinlia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 pm

and yet another resolution we were adamantly against was passed.

This has been a very bad month in the WA for us and I am admittedly a bit haggard by the not so infrequent and strongly worded suggestions to me from some senators that we ought to pull out of international cooperation for good if this (and a few choice other recent acts) is what comes from it

i even got a concerned call from the emperor himself, which is never a good sign since he comes from a neutral position. *sigh*
Last edited by Allinlia on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Establish an embassy in the Empire of Allinlia:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=206814

Isalenoria
Secretary

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Isalenoria » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:05 am

Thank you to everyone who supported this act and anyone who debated it respectfully.
I truly believe this resolution will make great strides towards giving children better futures.

Sardakhar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sardakhar » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:54 am

Isalenoria wrote:Thank you to everyone who supported this act and anyone who debated it respectfully.
I truly believe this resolution will make great strides towards giving children better futures.

And when 100 years into the future all children across the world are surely guaranteed a better future for themselves, Sardakhians look back with pride that their ancestors had supported The Early Learning Act.

Discoveria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Sardakhar wrote:
Isalenoria wrote:Thank you to everyone who supported this act and anyone who debated it respectfully.

And when 100 years into the future all children across the world are surely guaranteed a better future for themselves, Sardakhians look back with pride that their ancestors had supported The Early Learning Act.

"Assuming the huge increase in WA General Fund contributions doesn't decimate Sardakhia's economy," said Matthew. "Enjoy paying for Discoveria's excessively large early learning facilities program, thanks to this Expensive Lesson Act!"
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

Conservative Idealism
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Idealism » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm

This is an outrage! Where is the counterproposal? I want to see this abomination repealed and revealed for what it is!

Sardakhar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sardakhar » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Conservative Idealism wrote:This is an outrage! Where is the counterproposal? I want to see this abomination repealed and revealed for what it is!

Hopefully there will never be one. This resolution is just too good to be repealed!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives