NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Ralkovia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Does Ralkovia deserve condemnation

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 146

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

[PASSED] Condemn Ralkovia

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:56 am

The Quendi WA Ambassador, lady Malréd, was gasping somewhat franticly as she arrived at the Security Council after having been running around the WA Campus looking for the building housing the Security Council for several hours. Not the best way to begin a more activist Quendi policy in the Security Council, but at least now she had found the damn place, the ambassador thought.

"Honorable colleagues." The ambassador declared as she took to the poidum, waving a condemnation in her right hand. "It has recently come to the attention of the Quendi WA Embassy that this most august assembly has been shamefully remiss in its duties to ensure condemnations of the infamy that is Ralkovia, an evil empire if ever I saw one. The Quendi WA Embassy, not willing to ignore any longer the barbarism of the Grand Old Empire, has want to rectify this error, why it hereby submits for the consideration of the Security Council the resolution "Condemn Ralkovia". Thank you." The ambassador proclaimed before taking her seat, dispatching an intern for a glass of scotch, and just in case, a bottle of champagne.

Condemn Ralkovia

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Ralkovia | Proposed by: of the Quendi

Description: The Security Council,

ACKNOWLEDGING Ralkovia as a nation that continuously throughout its history has conducted itself in a manner contradictory to the principles of interregional peace and goodwill between nations, upon which the World Assembly was founded, as well as acting in a fashion detrimental to the advancement of civic and democratic liberties for all Nations and Peoples.

RECOGNIZING Ralkovia as a country that operates a system of extermination camps which conducts genocide on undesirable groups in Ralkovia through the following, and many other, measures, with the intent of creating a uniform homogenous society mindlessly devoted to the monstrous policies of Ralkovia:

• The systematic roundup of and deportation of all political dissidents, ethnic, religious, sexual minorities, physically or mentally disabled people and all other groups considered offensive by the Ralkovian government, hereafter collectively referred to as undesirables, to extermination camps.
  • The elimination of all undesirables deemed unfit to work, thereby meaning children below twelve years of age, the elderly, the disabled, pregnant women and the sick, for immediate extermination upon arrival.
  • The enslavement of all undesirables deemed fit to work, and subsequent overworking the undesirables to an early death while subjecting them to deliberate maltreatment, in the form of torture and withholding basic necessities such as food, medicine, water and so forth.
  • The prioritized pursuit of escapees, including adopted children, conducted by Ralkovian Death Guards to prevent any return of undesirables to Ralkovian society.

OBSERVING that Ralkovia has no respect for the sovereignty of foreign states, and regularly launches unjust military action against foreign states over petty issues.

ABHORING the routine utilization of forced mass conscription of Ralkovian civilians by the Ralkovian Armed Force for use as cannon fodder in the numerous wars of aggression unjustly waged by Ralkovia

DISGUSTED by the policies of indoctrination on the Ralkovian people to be desensitized to the cruelty of the Ralkovian government and accept the crimes of their state.

NOTING that Ralkovia is an active slaver state, having enslaved 800 million people while regularly engaging in the international slave trade and subjecting its enslaved populace to inhumane sufferings and humiliations at the hand of the Ralkovian elite.

FURTHER declaring Joshua Raskov II, Emperor of Ralkovia, a vile dictator suffering an antisocial personality disorder inspiring him to mindless cruelty and brutality, whose governance has as its sole purpose his own gratification through the suffering of others, since he usurped the throne from his sister, before having her raped and eventually murdered.

INSISTING that such abominable acts as those committed by Ralkovia call for a strongly worded condemnation by the Security Council;

Hereby Condemns Ralkovia.

Authored by of the Quendi with the assistance of Lamoni.

Character count: 3,293
Last edited by Ballotonia on Fri May 31, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:07 am

Lamonian WA Security Council delegate Flavius Scott was already waiting at his official desk when the delegate from the People and Senate Of the Quendi finally arrived, and their joint resolution on condemning Ralkovia was introduced to the WA at large. Looking around, Flavius tried to gauge the reaction of the various delegates to the facts that had been presented before the august international body, which would be suggestive of how well that the condemnation would move forward (or not) from there.

Flavius smiled as he remembered that the Free Republic had not long ago been commended by this same body for the "good works" which had been performed by his country, and its people. In contrast, the regime in Ralkovia was one that would likely shock members of the WA, and it was hoped that what the Ralkovians were doing would be enough to carry the day, and earn Ralkovia a WA condemnation.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Lady Malréd was as surprised as she was unnerved by the silence in the Security Council chamber after she had presented the proposal. Making a curt, but polite, nod towards the Lamoni delegation she looked around the council chamber, pondering if the various legations was sleeping. Stepping to the podium she, somewhat intrusively, coughed. "Honorable colleagues, what say you to the resolution?" She inquired.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:11 pm

No real qualms here ATM, though I would check to make sure you are in compliance with the character limit. :lol: A very good draft.

Kahanistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahanistan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Kahanistanian WA ambassador Abner Schiff raised his eyebrow. "The Government of Kahanistan might add that the Ralkovians have falsely accused us of supporting terrorism against their shitty little country to demand slaves and tribute from us, and disappeared our Foreign Minister when he went over, in good faith, to show that we could not have committed such atrocities. The Republic urges the Security Council not to bow to slavers again as they did when our move to condemn Parthia was not adopted."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Princess Mara was dressed soberly in a businesslike suit jack, blouse, skirt, stockings and heels; she had grown a great deal since her earlier days, and her manner was quiet and somewhat sad yet determined. She lifted her chin and said, "I fully support this condemnation, on behalf of the Government of the Allied States of New Edom, the Region of the Cornellian Empire, and the ICE alliance. Let God defend the right."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 am

Marie Wen, a career diplomat in her early thirties and Arthurista's WA delegate, spoke loudly and clearly into her microphone.

"The People's Republic would like to endorse the proposed Resolution. Furthermore, it is our longstanding stance that the international community has a responsibility to protect the innocent if governments are unwilling and unable to do so. We call upon all nations to step up efforts to combat the transnational slave trade and bring the leaders of criminal and genocidal regimes to justice. We stand ready to support any necessary economic and military sanctions imposed against such states."
Last edited by Arthurista on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 am

Kahanistan wrote:Kahanistanian WA ambassador Abner Schiff raised his eyebrow. "The Government of Kahanistan might add that the Ralkovians have falsely accused us of supporting terrorism against their shitty little country to demand slaves and tribute from us, and disappeared our Foreign Minister when he went over, in good faith, to show that we could not have committed such atrocities. The Republic urges the Security Council not to bow to slavers again as they did when our move to condemn Parthia was not adopted."

Lady Malréd nodded sympathetically. "As a country that has on ocassion been unjust accused of supporting terrorism and sympathize greatly with Kahanistan. Sadly the subject of this condemnation has engaged in so many morally repulsive acts in its dealings with foreign states that no resolution could hope to encapsule but a fraction of them. That said if Kahanistan would like to make a more general complaint against Ralkovia the Quendi WA Embassy is willing to expand on the "OBSERVING" section." The ambassador stated.

New Edom wrote:Princess Mara was dressed soberly in a businesslike suit jack, blouse, skirt, stockings and heels; she had grown a great deal since her earlier days, and her manner was quiet and somewhat sad yet determined. She lifted her chin and said, "I fully support this condemnation, on behalf of the Government of the Allied States of New Edom, the Region of the Cornellian Empire, and the ICE alliance. Let God defend the right."

Malréd was surprised to see Princess Mara in the WA as she had heard her former regional colleague had been married to some germanic prince. While an aristocrat Malréd had little contact to national or international nobility but her limited experience did not suggest that a Crown Princess could function as WA ambassador. But perhaps there was a divergence between Edomitte/Nordkrusian traditions and Amanitte ones. "Well the Quendi WA Embassy is grateful for the support of New Edom and Cornellia." The ambassador declared, quite unnerved to receive the support of the ICE alliance. While to Malréd herself it mattered little how the resolution got through as long as it got through she could easily imagine the outrage it would cause in Charn to learn that known enemies of the Quendi supported the proposal.

Arthurista wrote:Marie Wen, a career diplomat in her early thirties and Arthurista's WA delegate, spoke loudly and clearly into her microphone.

"The People's Republic would like to endorse the proposed Resolution. Furthermore, it is our longstanding stance that the international community has a responsibility to protect the innocent if governments are unwilling and unable to do so. We call upon all nations to step up efforts to combat the transnational slave trade and bring the leaders of criminal and genocidal regimes to justice. We stand ready to support any necessary economic and military sanctions imposed against such states."

"The Quendi WA Embassy shares the belief of the People's Republic that the R2P ought be an important principle of the WA, though when we have advanced this resolution in this most august assembly it is also due to the fact that Ralkovia regularly violates the national/popular sovereignty of foreign entities." Malréd stated, pleased to learn that her resolution had so far been so well received.

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:No real qualms here ATM, though I would check to make sure you are in compliance with the character limit. :lol: A very good draft.

OOC: Thank you. The character count is 3,292
Nation RP name

United Republic of Emmeria WA Mission
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Emmeria WA Mission » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:51 pm

William Mitchell was the Emmerian ambassador to the World Assembly. Just the title of the resolution enticed him as he read through it. The Quendi had been a nation known in the United Republic for having openly pushed for foreign policy reform during the brief diplomatic struggle between ICE and the Quendi. He knew the nation as one strongly opposed to the violation of the sovereign rights of other nations. That was the intention of the condemnation. But Mitchell realized that its provisions were in the best interests of the United Republic. He had full knowledge that ICE itself was launching slave transport interception operations in the Tyrrhenia-Gholgoth area—the center of the Ralkovian slave trade. He understood that Ralkovia was the third-largest exporter of slaves in the world. He knew of the types of atrocities Ralkovia committed while strongly undermining the independence of every nation it dealt with in its path.

He also knew the potential for ICE's antislavery operations to lead to war. Such a condemnation would bring these operations out into the open, providing a source for international support.

He chose his words carefully as he stood up and spoke. His broad shoulders dominated his tall silhouette as his voice rung through the WASC chamber.

"The United Republic is fully in support of this resolution. As a nation horrified by Ralkovia's atrocities, as well as treated to violations of national sovereignty by Ralkovia, this resolution provides us hope that there are others willing to take a stand against such an abominable country."

He turned towards Abner Schiff, the Kahanistanian ambassador.

"We strongly sympathize with Kahanistan and would like to give our best condolences towards the family, friends, and loved ones of the honorable diplomats sent to Ralkovia who never made it back. Their sacrifice will forever be remembered in our hearts and minds as done solely in the name of freedom against savages such as these."

"It is further necessary to state that the United Republic, alongside the rest of the International Coalition for Expansion, an organization devoted to enforcing civil and political liberties across the globe, is officially launching antislavery operations in the Tyrrhenia-Ghogoth area, renowned for its slave transport industry. As Ralkovia accounts for almost the entire slave trade in that region, our slave raids may include Ralkovia as a prime target."

He turned back towards Lady Malréd, the Quendi ambassador.

"Finally, we would like to commend Lady Malréd and the Quendi, as well as to the honorable representatives of Lamoni, for their adherence to a set of essential humanitarian principles. It is wonderful to know that there are others alongside us, such as you, who are willing to stand defiant against this tyranny. In the best interests of the United Republic of Emmeria, I declare that we hereby pledge our support for this resolution, and we hope, for the sake of mankind, that other nations agree."
Last edited by United Republic of Emmeria WA Mission on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The WA delegation of the United Republic of Emmeria.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:47 am

Lady Malréd chuckled a little at the thought of how her superiors would react when they learned that they were being commended by an alliance they considered an enemy. As the Emmerian ambassador took his seat, Malréd quickly scribbled down a reminder to herself to inform the Centralized Government over videophone so as to be able to see the confusion on their illustriously elevated countenances. Aleera would be hysterical surely.

Taking a sip from her scotch, Malréd straigtened her skirt suit and got up to the podium. "First of all I would like to direct the attention of the honorable legations to section of the resolution pertaining to the personal cruelty of Emperor Joshua Raskov II. Upon confering with our informers from the Ralkovian opposition the Quendi WA Embassy has found it proper to formulate an addendum describing the barbaric manner in which this sociopath rose to power. The edit can be seen underlined in the resolution." The ambassador declared, momentarily fumbling with the technology before the resolution section in question was superimposed on the front wall of the SC chamber via an impromptu power point display.

"Secondly I wish to thank the Emmerian WA Mission for its, most surprising, commendation of the Unified Quendi State and its People and Senate. I am sure it will ... Amaze the Telcontar administration." Lady Malréd added, managing to keep a straight face through her statement.

"Finally, since the resolution seems to enjoy great support for its principles, I would like to encourage the Security Council to address in greater detail the specifics of the resolution. The Quendi WA Embassy is very open to suggestions of different formulations, rephrasing and other linguistic issues. Thank you." The ambassador added, before resuming her seat.
Nation RP name

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:20 am

Drew Halsey, Phonencia's rarely used ambassador to the WA, rolled his eyes so hard they looked as if they might roll out of his head. Now a days the only thing he did was comment on WA resolutions. Phonencia wasn't technically a WA Nation, but it's government still felt the need to comment on what it percieved as unjust resolutions (none of which it would follow) and Halsey's job was to more or less complain about obviously glaring flaws no one else wanted to notice.
"With respect Lady Malréd, what exactly is this resolution supposed to accomplish?"
he asked, straightening his suit jacket and trying hard not to sound sarcastic. He succeeded thankfully.
"The International Coalition for Expansion has spent the last month performing slavery interdiction raids on Ralkovian slave transports at great risk on a personal and national level. Condemning Ralkovia I'll admit is long overdue, but I must express some shock at your nation's attitude towards this entire mess. Joshua Raskov is a pyschotic, genocidal, xeno and homophobic maniac that, as you said, had his own sister raped and eventually murdered just so he could take power. I honestly cannot for the life of me think of a nation or leader more worthy of assault than Ralkovia and Raskov. You've clearly done your homework on this matter,"
he was nearing a rant now.
"And yet it seems your government believes what is more or less a strongly worded letter will somehow free the slaves, protect the "undesirables" and force some type of positive change in Ralkovia. I and the Phonencian government can respect national soveriegnty, but mass murder? Genocide? Slavery? I am aghast that the Quendi have done so little to protect their fellow humans living under Raskov's regime in Ralkovia and at the utter lack of concern for their hardships. With all due respect Madame,"
he plucked a copy of the document from his desk, holding it up for emphasis,
"This condemnation is a waste of time and it is blatantly naieve to think it will have any noticeable effect on Ralkovia."
he tossed the document back onto his desk,
"Either KEEP your heads buried in the sand,"
he addressed the entirety of the WA Representatives present now,
"Or do something that makes a difference."
Drew gave a curt nod and straightened up to his full height of 6 feet (fairly short for an adult Phonencian male) and strode out of the room with a hint of anger and exasperation to his gait.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:44 am

Lady Malréd was at first flabbergasted at the vulgar utterances from the, to her, unknown male. She initially thought that perhaps some protester of sort had managed to evade security to deliver an anti-WA or anti-Quendi speech. But as one of her aides alerted the baroness to the fact that the man was the ambassador of Phonencia. Then she began to find the ramblings of the man mildly entertaining. If Malréd had ever doubted the policy her country had adopted towards the ICE, and she had, such doubts were quickly put at ease. Ambassador Halsey had certainly convinced Malréd, and other present ambassadors she imagined, of the legitimacy of Aman's decision to retract its ambassadors from Phonencia. The man's ad hominem attacks on Aman were as invalid as they were comical.

Shaking her head slightly in bewildered humor as the angry man finished his rant with a call for the WA to take action and a dramatic exit from the room, the ambassador got up from her seat and walked took to the podium. For a moment she merely stood there, for once at a loss for words. "Well I guess I would like to thank the embassy from Phonencia for its interesting input." She then stated with a smirk, preferring to respond with humor rather than fury, something that in her experience worked far better. Aleera would have demanded an apology and would have raged against the Phonencian if not granted one, but Aleera was rabid, Aleera was haughty, Aleera was proud. Aleera was much like this Drew Halsey it would seem, but Aleera did not rule Aman. Aman, fortunately, was ruled by the IRC, by the High Chancellor, by the Prime Minister and above all by the People and they all knew moderation and tolerance; there was the great difference.

Nothing was as dangerous, in Malréd's oppinion, as a country ruled exclusively by zealots with a just cause they never for a second doubted. Experience had taught the Amanittes of the dangers of such fanaticism. Ralkovia was a country where such mindless zealotry prospered, but so was Phonencia. And it scared the tender hearted ambassador. Perhaps that was why she was not as courteous and diplomatic as usually.

"Jests aside, with due respect for the embassies of New Edom and Emmeria, I now know the ICE again. As the right honorable ambassador from Phonencia has left us, this is no place to debate the position he advanced, but I will say this; the People and Senate have, for the world in general and Ralkovia specifically, done more for the advancement of human rights than Phonencia will ever be able to comprehend, much less match. Our stalwart opposition to slavery, Ralkovian or otherwise is of much older date than that of Phonencia and our defense for the rights of all minorities is, unlike the one mandated by the ICE, know no restraints. Why else would my people have worked tirelessly to bring to the attention of the WA the horrors of Ralkovia? Why else would we, with the assistance of the Lamonian embassy, have authored this resolution?" The ambassador shrugged. "Ambassador Halsey asks us to make a difference. Very well. Honorable colleagues, lets pass this resolution." The ambassador, almost impassionate, declared, before returning to her seat.

She still hoped to hear the advice of the SC on edits to the proposal.
Nation RP name

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:48 am

You have my support for this.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Taking the stand again Lady Malréd coughed. "Honorable colleagues, I am pleased to announce that the Quendi WA Embassy has now submitted the resolution. I ask the WA Delegations for their support in seeing the proposal reach quorum. Thank you." She stated plainly, before resuming her seat.
Nation RP name

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Princess Mara was checking her messages, and looked up at Aleera's words. Frankly, the Quendi and the Edomites were not people who got along, but that didn't mean that they couldn't acknowledge right where right was spoken. The Cornellian Empire Delegate said quietly, "On behalf of our nation and region, I will be the first to agree to this proposal. Let the world condemn Ralkovia for their evil practices, their tyranny and their defiance of basic sapient rights."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Cerian Quilor
Senator

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 pm

This is the only secureity council resolution recently to actually deserve the SC's time.
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:31 am

New Edom wrote:Princess Mara was checking her messages, and looked up at Aleera's words. Frankly, the Quendi and the Edomites were not people who got along, but that didn't mean that they couldn't acknowledge right where right was spoken. The Cornellian Empire Delegate said quietly, "On behalf of our nation and region, I will be the first to agree to this proposal. Let the world condemn Ralkovia for their evil practices, their tyranny and their defiance of basic sapient rights."

To Lady Malréd whatever discord existed between the Empire and New Edom was irrelevant to the affairs of the World Assembly. Malréd had not had much to do with the government of the Empire since New Edom made its appearence on the international scene. Her only real contact with New Edom had been in the WA where she had found no reason not to respect them despite their differing positions. "The Quendi WA Embassy is pleased to obtain the support of the Cornellian delegacy for its resolution." The ambassador stated.

Cerian Quilor wrote:This is the only secureity council resolution recently to actually deserve the SC's time.

Though the statement of the ambassador from Cerian Quilor was one Malréd did not disagree with she was not like to owe up to that. "The Quendi WA Embassy is pleased to learn that the embassy of Cerian Quilor supports our resolution." She, more diplomatically, responded.
Nation RP name

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:48 am

Marie Wen spoke into the microphone again.

"I am in agreement with Mr Halsey that action is long overdue. Whatever the differences in opinion are in the world regarding the threshold on the use of force, none can argue that it is not warranted in this situation. Since the time of Wilberforce some two and a half centuries ago, the civilised nations of the world have considered as a matter of customary international law that slavers are hostis sur generis, enemy to all mankind, akin to status as to the pirate and liable to interception by force on the high seas. We would also argue that this also implies an absolute, standing legal right to pursue military action against slaver states in order to liberate the enslaved. Frankly, this august body has no purpose whatsoever if it continues to tolerate nations such as Ralkovia to exist."

Nonetheless, we believe that the Resolution serves a useful purpose. Not many members of the WA know about the extent of the worldwide slave trade and fewer have even heard of the state of Ralkovia. Presenting this Resolution provides a useful first step in raising awareness, rallying world opinion and creating a foundation for further action."

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:23 am

Arthurista wrote:Marie Wen spoke into the microphone again.

"I am in agreement with Mr Halsey that action is long overdue. Whatever the differences in opinion are in the world regarding the threshold on the use of force, none can argue that it is not warranted in this situation. Since the time of Wilberforce some two and a half centuries ago, the civilised nations of the world have considered as a matter of customary international law that slavers are hostis sur generis, enemy to all mankind, akin to status as to the pirate and liable to interception by force on the high seas. We would also argue that this also implies an absolute, standing legal right to pursue military action against slaver states in order to liberate the enslaved. Frankly, this august body has no purpose whatsoever if it continues to tolerate nations such as Ralkovia to exist."

Nonetheless, we believe that the Resolution serves a useful purpose. Not many members of the WA know about the extent of the worldwide slave trade and fewer have even heard of the state of Ralkovia. Presenting this Resolution provides a useful first step in raising awareness, rallying world opinion and creating a foundation for further action."

With such friends, who needs enemies Lady Malréd mused. Had the Arthuristan ambassador not spoken for the resolution Malréd would have immediately criticized the ignorance and fanaticism of Arthurista. As it was the ambassador said nothing of her dislike for warmongery. she made no snide comment about which groups in Ralkovian society she thought it likely would suffer most from a war and she did not rebuke the statement that the WA's raison d'être was tied to its oposition to nations such as Ralkovia. Merely she stood up and thanked for the support with words only slightly sharper than the ones used to thank the Edomittes or Cerians. "The Quendi WA Embassy is certainly pleased to learn that Arthurista believes that our resolution serves a usefull purpose." The ambassador spoke.
Nation RP name

Arthurista
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Arthurista wrote:Marie Wen spoke into the microphone again.

With such friends, who needs enemies Lady Malréd mused. Had the Arthuristan ambassador not spoken for the resolution Malréd would have immediately criticized the ignorance and fanaticism of Arthurista. As it was the ambassador said nothing of her dislike for warmongery. she made no snide comment about which groups in Ralkovian society she thought it likely would suffer most from a war and she did not rebuke the statement that the WA's raison d'être was tied to its oposition to nations such as Ralkovia. Merely she stood up and thanked for the support with words only slightly sharper than the ones used to thank the Edomittes or Cerians. "The Quendi WA Embassy is certainly pleased to learn that Arthurista believes that our resolution serves a usefull purpose." The ambassador spoke.

"I don't think she liked your use of force remark very much." whispered Mohammed Griffin, experienced deputy and on-off partner of the ambassador as Marie Wen sat down, hoping that the acoustics of the room kept the comment quiet from the others or that the microphone did not pick it up.

"Tough," she replied. "This is the ruthless calculus of the real world, baby. There are degrees of evil, Mo, and on a lot of occassions violence is the least of them. In the preambles of the old UN's Charter it says that we're here to "to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small". It was set up after the war in order to prevent precisely this sort of crap from happening anywhere in the world. If the WA is to be its proper successor rather than be the League of bloody Nations it better be doing its job properly."

"Not a fan of Gandhi, are you, Marie?" Mohammed gently teased.

"They can talk to Rwandans or Bosnians about non-violence, the ones who weren't victims of the lack of decisive action against massed murderers, that is." She was a lieutenant in Arthuristan peace keeping forces in her youth. Her father, an immigrant from Vietnam, was part of the army that crushed the Khmer Rouge. Killing fields, those she witnessed and those she heard about, played a significant effect on her way of thinking. "The whole Ralkovian society is neck deep in this, benefiting from the suffering of the slaves. As far as I'm concerned they're lucky we've evolved beyond Dresden methods."

(OOC: I'm kind of assuming that the WA uses the same Charter as the UN)
Last edited by Arthurista on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.

United Republic of Emmeria WA Mission
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Emmeria WA Mission » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 am

Arthurista wrote:(OOC: I'm kind of assuming that the WA uses the same Charter as the UN)

OOC: http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pas ... /council=1 World Assembly GA#1 and 2 are the basics.
The WA delegation of the United Republic of Emmeria.

Kulaloe WA
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulaloe WA » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Samantha read the resolution and became more and more enraged as she went on. Really? Slavery in this era? She forced herself to remain calm as she stood to speak.
Speaking on behalf of a nation that once practiced slavery until two centuries ago, and speaking as a member of the species once enslaved, I have nothing but the most utter contempt for the Ralkovian government. In addition to supporting this resolution the Grandnarfolium will also be engaging in economic sanctions against them; commiting its navy to hunting, boarding and destroying any Ralkovian slave ships that is encountered; financially and militarily supporting any nation that they attack; and providing "undesirables" with the means to escape to any nation that will take them, including ourselves.
Lady Samantha Doogle, Narfolosh (Duke) and Tapakkukopi (Ambassador) of the Kulaloe Ton Hasaikukop (Kulaloe World Assembly) Delegation and Commander of the Kulaloe'hi Pagai Bavei Rik (Kulaloe'hi Region Liberation Force) - a UDL Merryman-ranked force

(Please note that she is often drunk or high during debate)

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:38 pm

OOC: http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=of_the_quendi_1353105238

The proposal for those who wish to support it! Please support!

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:54 am

Kulaloe WA wrote:Samantha read the resolution and became more and more enraged as she went on. Really? Slavery in this era? She forced herself to remain calm as she stood to speak.
Speaking on behalf of a nation that once practiced slavery until two centuries ago, and speaking as a member of the species once enslaved, I have nothing but the most utter contempt for the Ralkovian government. In addition to supporting this resolution the Grandnarfolium will also be engaging in economic sanctions against them; commiting its navy to hunting, boarding and destroying any Ralkovian slave ships that is encountered; financially and militarily supporting any nation that they attack; and providing "undesirables" with the means to escape to any nation that will take them, including ourselves.

"That pleases the Quendi WA Embassy greatly." Lady Malréd declared giddily. With 35 hours to go the resolution was still 34 approvals short, which was a lot more than Malréd was able to tolerate without nerves surfacing. Despite her long tenure as Ambassador the SMFAWA had never been quite so invested in anything before, and she could ill afford defeat. "Please do convey this admirable sentiment to your local WA Delegate ma'am. Hilevile's approval is sorely needed." The ambassador stated.

Turning towards the rest of the Security Council she, more generally, repeated her request. "While the Quendi WA Embassy is confident that the International Community will acknowledge the need to bring into the light the crimes of Ralkovia and support the resolution we are 34 approvals short. I urge the supporters of the resolution to appeal to their local delegates for support for the resolution. Now is the time for the International Community, as represented by the World Assembly, to make a stand against barbarism and darkness." She proclaimed almost impassionately.
Nation RP name

Ralkovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovia » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:12 am

The Ralkovian observer had waited for some time, hidden amongst the Ralkovian protectorates that held WA membership. He had waited and watched, a growing smile ever present on his face. "Of course this resolution won't pass. Nations respect our strength and know that they will be destroyed if they ever supported such filth," he said, laughing aloud. Several of the protectorates nodded at his words.
Spig: Ralk, what is ur Zionist Jewnazi Agenda?
Ralk: PROLIFERATE POTATO
Divair: this is the first time I've literally just stopped doing everything just to stare at a post.
Kirav wrote:This is NationStates. Our Jews live in Ralkovia.

Maudlnya wrote:You guys talking about Ralkovia?
*mutters something about scariness up to 11*

Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk. :<
Releign wrote:
Leningrad Union: Help me against Ralkovia

That's a Jew octopus with a machine gun.
I think I will pass.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
New_Edom:you're so coy Ralk. You're the shyest of dictators.
More Funny/Intimidating Quotes About Me Short Summary On Ralkovian Policies.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives