NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Sedgistan

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yakostan
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yakostan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 am

This is AMAZING. For
Former Chief Executive of the Genesis Corporation
Infamous WorldVision Sheep Entry

Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

WorldVision Results:
WV 22: 19th for Beards (Ba Ba Ba)
WV 23: 30th for Jimmian Tell Overture
Punch in the Face Award: Phoen
WV 24: 27th for Ours is Best
Middle Finger Award: Ultimate Evil
Shut the F Up Award: Lymantia
WV 25: N/A for Die in a Hole
Newcomer What the F*ck Award: Lymryk Isles
WV 28: 30th for Do the Pelvic Shake
Golden Dick Award: New Warwick
WV 32: DQ for Pilgrim

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 am

Voted FOR, cos Led Zeppelin :)

TechTown
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TechTown » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 am

...apologies, while TechTown AI are rather advanced; and there are a number of personality imprints among us, there are some areas where we fall short of understanding the subtleties of human communications.

This.. this IS a joke; right? The Nation in question has voted against the proposal, it is simply one line, there has been nothing to suggest this Nation deserves commending, the Nation is already a Moderator..

If this Proposal goes through, TechTown shall resign from the World Assembly. If only because it clearly must have gone utterly insane.
TechTown would like to remind other Nation representatives that we are currently trading in Virtual creation.
Destruction gains little, trading allows growth.

TechTown is grateful for the non-discharging of weapons at this Nation.
PMT level, AI and a few somewhat futuristic inventions. No FTL/teleportation however.
Entire Nation is an orbiting "Skycraft", with a virtual world inside for the AI citizenry.
Check out my Factbook for tons of stuff I wrote about it if you're interested! Just click here!

Auriga
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Auriga » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:31 am

Newtered States wrote:
Auriga wrote:
Requiring delegates to go on a inner "spiritual" journey to understand why a nation should be commended is hardly a good way to support your resolutions. That being said, I am beginning to question your intentions here. So I must pose the question, are you honestly attempting to commend the nation of Sedgistan or are you tempting to troll the Security Council?

How dare you. I am deeply devoted to this cause, why do you think that I keep posting in this thread?

And, there is no such requirement for a spiritual journey. You must read the thread more closely next time. That is only if they want even more "proof" than they know about off the top of their heads/that is in the proposal itself.

This is a very important cause for me, and I wish you would take it seriously.

Lazzarania wrote:I, too, recognize the benign, omnipotent supremacy of the Great Sedgistan. Mere words cannot describe this legend of NS, and therefore merely on the basis of the widespread acknowledgement of his Almightiness, I shall cast my WA vote in favor of this resolution.

Thank you, someone finally paid attention and came to their senses.

If you are truly serious about passing this resolution then you have to put more detail into the resolution. People will vote against this on the sole fact that it contains only one or two sentences. It is understood that there is an abundant amount of information of the actions of Sedgistan, but they should still be stated in the resolution for the sake of those who cannot find this information and for the propose of increasing the quality and attractiveness of the document.

My apologies if my accusation was incorrect, but the little amount of time that was obviously put into this resolution does not help convince me that you really wish to see this resolution passed. Keep in mind that it takes several days for the WA to pass or fail any resolution and by submitting a resolution that could easily be predicted to fail you are merely slowing the working process of the WA.

Phoenix Coalition
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Phoenix Coalition » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 am

He a Moderator and you want to Commend them more? They already do well enough.
The Union of Democratic States
Governor & Chief Administrator
Director Primus

Topdop
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Topdop » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Why all the deliberation? There's nothing to debate. This resolution is a fucking one-liner. The only content being debated here is being pulled out of thin air.

Seeing that this resolution had reached quorum was one of the most disappointing moments of my NS career. There's nothing to discuss. There's nothing to argue. This resolution an utterly content-lacking embarrassment and never should have reached quorum. The only thing to do now is to shoot it down.
Last edited by Topdop on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topdop (A mean old man)
Delegate of The East Pacific.

Toronina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Toronina » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Topdop wrote:Why all the deliberation? There's nothing to debate. This resolution is a fucking one-liner. The only content being debated here is being pulled out of thin air.

Seeing that this resolution had reached quorum was one of the most disappointing moments of my NS career. There's nothing to discuss. There's nothing to argue. This resolution an utterly content-lacking embarrassment and never should have reached quorum. The only thing to do now is to shoot it down.

O hope Newt puts it back up, only with more info on why he shouldbe commended
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Topdop wrote:Seeing that this resolution had reached quorum was one of the most disappointing moments of my NS career.

Aww, c'mon, Topdop. I've been around a year less than you, and I've seen lots of things that were more disappointing than this.

Auriga wrote:If you are truly serious about passing this resolution then you have to put more detail into the resolution.

The only thing Newtered States is serious about is showing that any piece of crap legislation can be made to hit quorum if the conditions are ripe and people are bored enough. In that, this proposal is a success. I sincerely hope that he never had any expectation of passing it.

Topdop
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Topdop » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Topdop wrote:Seeing that this resolution had reached quorum was one of the most disappointing moments of my NS career.

Aww, c'mon, Topdop. I've been around a year less than you, and I've seen lots of things that were more disappointing than this.

You've also been in the unfortunate state of being a moderator, so I'd imagine that some of your experiences in that area have helped to rack up your "disappointing moments" count. ;)
Last edited by Topdop on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topdop (A mean old man)
Delegate of The East Pacific.

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 pm

How did this ever even reach quorum?

Dogapus
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dogapus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Takaram wrote:How did this ever even reach quorum?
I don't know :p
Nothing to see here folks, just another Communist nation

Tropicio III
Civilian

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tropicio III » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Ok, this is one short commendation.

Malland
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Malland » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 am

Random enough :unsure:

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:53 am

(OOC: Welcome to your first taste of the Lemming Effect.)

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:02 am

Damanucus wrote:

A well run effective TG campaign is the Lemming Effect? News to me.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Metania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:31 am

I think the multiple NE Condemnation wars were worse than this.

This one is just stupid. Easily defeated. No biggie.
Determination Overcomes Adversity
Jul

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:34 am

Against because... erm yes... what is this?
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:46 am

The Quendi WA ambassador, Galadriel nos-Malréd, aghast that Condemn Sedgistan had ever reached quorum. The resolution to her seemed the most undeserving conceivable. ”The Quendi WA Embassy is firmly against.” She declared shaking her head in dismay. ”In the future I would urge the WA Delegates who approved of this piece of legislature to contemplate if perhaps there is such a thing as too terse and too void of content when it comes to WA resolutions. Thank you.”
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:31 am

"Brevity is a virtue."

Lorei
Attaché

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lorei » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 am

Eireann Fae wrote:"Brevity is a virtue."

That's not what SHE said! ..okay, okay... I won't do that again.

Seriously though, there's a balance between simplicity and overly complicated. And this proposal has missed the sweet point so completely that it's not even funny. Pitiful, perhaps.
Welcome to Lorei! Here's your pass and watch your step! No seriously, you could fall. Like, splat. And we don't want to clean that up..
Secretive late Industrial Revolution tech aesthetics, 20th century level tech level in a mountainous nation of magitek corvid-people with a non-fatal terminal velocity who are allergic to raw magic, and who like festivals. If that piqued your interest...

Afrontum
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 24, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Afrontum » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:46 am

zzzZZzz.. hmm.. zz.. what? What's that? Oh, a proposal? Let me take a look at this...

Huh. Welp, send me a message when we're discussing real proposals again.

zzzZZZZZzzzz...
Jenson Bismarck
WA Representative
Curiously Crenelate Domain of Afrontum

Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Anime Daisuki » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:59 am

"My fellow ambassadors, if resolutions were people, this one would be a troll. We urge you to vote AGAINST. "

Yours,
Goddess Relief Office
10000 Islands' Representative to the World Assembly.
Last edited by Anime Daisuki on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gullud
Attaché

Founded: May 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gullud » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Anime Daisuki wrote:"My fellow ambassadors, if resolutions were people, this one would be a troll. We urge you to vote AGAINST. "

Yours,
Goddess Relief Office
10000 Islands' Representative to the World Assembly.

This is yet another sad day for the WA and the Security Council. For today, we have before us a request for a nation that is definitely deserving of commending but the proposal is so poor that no one is willing to vote for it. My ambassador is so upset by the poor quality of the proposal that she won't even come to the floor to scold the author; she sent me, an assistant Attaché to do it for her. We in Gullud do respect the work of Sedgistan. The nation serves this body (as well as the General Assembly) as a rules wonk which has been helpful. They have lead debates on topics that are not on the floor (like the time they held the hearing on Abortion in a time when abortion was not on the floor and did not look like it was going to be in sometime). They have helped many of us in the WA in many ways and does it without looking for a thank you. These are all reasons to vote for a commendation. We should Commend Sedgistan but not with this proposal. This is a crap proposal and the author should be ashamed for posting it for nomination and the delegates who voted it to the floor should be ashamed of their votes.

To the body, Gullud's Ambassador has already voted NAY/AGAINST for this proposal. To the regional delegates of the WA, remember GAR# 122 (Read the Resolution Act) (http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolutions/council=1/start=121) and read the proposals before supporting them. I know that I would have been tempted to vote for this proposal just because of who it is, but you have to make sure that the proposal is good before you vote.

Joe Sheppard
Diplomatic Attache to Ambassador Ema Planta
Most Serene Nation of Gullud
Last edited by Gullud on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Cromarty wrote:
Damanucus wrote:

A well run effective TG campaign is the Lemming Effect? News to me.

There was an effective TG campaign on this? If so.... why wasn't I invited :unsure:
Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Newtered States
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Newtered States » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Delegate Vinage wrote:
Cromarty wrote:A well run effective TG campaign is the Lemming Effect? News to me.

There was an effective TG campaign on this? If so.... why wasn't I invited :unsure:

If I was sending out the invitations, you definitely would have been. If I ever campaign again, I'll make sure to hit you up :hug:
Newt Gingrich '016

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives