NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Newtered States

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Condemn Newtered States

Postby Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 pm

The Security Council,

OBSERVING that Newtered States has been in multiple regions with the current members of The United States of Conservadom,

APPALLED by the manner in which Newtered States caused the collapse of the region known as The United States of Amoncolia, which once had over forty member nations, and is now home to only two,

ACKNOWLEDGING that Newtered States was invited to The United States of Conservadom by that region's leadership, in the interest of reconciliation,

SHOCKED that Newtered States would then betray their trust by once again attempting to destroy a thriving region through the use of deliberate and deceitful tactics,

DISHEARTENED by the manner in which Newtered States influenced elections in The United States of Amoncolia through willful and blatant voter fraud,

REMEMBERING how the nation of Newtered States was also responsible for the Imperial Democratic Empire ceasing to exist, and participated in a raid of Warzone Europe,

HOPING that a condemnation from the World Assembly would discourage this nation from committing any further malevolent acts against the inhabitants of The United States of Conservadom, or against those of any other region,

Hereby condemns the nation of Newtered States
Last edited by Sedgistan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Why do you insist on putting proposals here for editing after submission to the WA? :palm:

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:Why do you insist on putting proposals here for editing after submission to the WA? :palm:

Well, it was up for a good hour or so before I submitted it. I took into account what was said in the last thread and made edits. If there are more needed, I can do them on another draft.
Last edited by Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan wrote:Well, it was up for a good hour or so before I submitted it. I took into account what was said in the last thread and made edits. If there are more needed, I can do them on another draft.

An hour? You should leave drafts up for a few days before submitting them. Furthermore, as I stated in your previous draft, this is a case of you feeding the troll. This nation has not committed any international crimes worthy of the attention of the Security Council.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan wrote:Well, it was up for a good hour or so before I submitted it. I took into account what was said in the last thread and made edits. If there are more needed, I can do them on another draft.

An hour? You should leave drafts up for a few days before submitting them. Furthermore, as I stated in your previous draft, this is a case of you feeding the troll. This nation has not committed any international crimes worthy of the attention of the Security Council.

Honestly, the people whose input I wanted on this draft I communicated with via telegram. Opinions from others are appreciated but I don't feel they're necessary in the writing process.

If that's the case, the condemnation won't pass. And I could accept that. But I want to give it the best possible shot at succeeding.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan wrote:Honestly, the people whose input I wanted on this draft I communicated with via telegram. Opinions from others are appreciated but I don't feel they're necessary in the writing process.

If that's the case, the condemnation won't pass. And I could accept that. But I want to give it the best possible shot at succeeding.

Which would include accepting help and criticisms from the SC regulars who have passed legislation before. :meh:

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan wrote:Honestly, the people whose input I wanted on this draft I communicated with via telegram. Opinions from others are appreciated but I don't feel they're necessary in the writing process.

Which would include accepting help and criticisms from the SC regulars who have passed legislation before. :meh:

Sure, like I said, I welcome your opinion. But the opinion you gave up there was essentially "give up because it's not going to pass," which I'm not willing to do. I'm interested in ways to strengthen the resolution.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan wrote:Sure, like I said, I welcome your opinion.

Skyrim Diplomacy is not the only NS player interested in the SC. Plus, Saturday night is probably the slowest time to get any response at all, so a one hour lead time is effectively meaningless. Typically players debate for a week or so before submitting. It's not a rule, just a general practice.

That said, submitting without review means you're subject to illegal proposals being mod deleted. Three of those and you get kicked from the WA. That one IS a rule.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan wrote:Sure, like I said, I welcome your opinion.

Skyrim Diplomacy is not the only NS player interested in the SC. Plus, Saturday night is probably the slowest time to get any response at all, so a one hour lead time is effectively meaningless. Typically players debate for a week or so before submitting. It's not a rule, just a general practice.

That said, submitting without review means you're subject to illegal proposals being mod deleted. Three of those and you get kicked from the WA. That one IS a rule.

Sure, I know that. But this proposal isn't illegal—I also know that. I don't need other players to review a proposal to know the rules. Those of us who worked on this proposal are well aware of the rules. I appreciate the feedback, but I don't feel that it's necessary—like you said, it's just general practice.

Since we're all aware of the rules, and of this proposal's legality, I'd love it if we could stop rehashing the argument and start discussing the actual content of the proposal itself. I did take into account the feedback given in the thread for the previous draft of this condemnation, and I would take into account any constructive feedback I could get here.

Icesun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Icesun » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Just as a point of interest to me (and I'm going to sound like such a newbie) but how is a condemning actually going to teach this player their lesson?
Eco: -3.50, Social: -4.05
Icesun
Founder of The Midwestern Rim
Factbook [Under Construction]
[1][2][3][4][[5]]
Member of the Stonewall Alliance

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Icesun wrote:Just as a point of interest to me (and I'm going to sound like such a newbie) but how is a condemning actually going to teach this player their lesson?

It will hopefully allow this player to realize that his image on NationStates is a negative one, and that he should work to improve it if he doesn't want to be ostracized by the people around him.

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:54 am

I assure you, a nation with Newt Gingrich as a flag has a bad image on NationStates already. This is an ultra-liberal site. :P

I'll vote against this.
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:13 am

Weed wrote:I assure you, a nation with Newt Gingrich as a flag has a bad image on NationStates already. This is an ultra-liberal site. :P

I'll vote against this.

Why? Just because of the flag? What does that have to do with anything Newt is being accused of?

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:44 am

Any evidence to back up the accusations here made towards the nominee for the badge?

REMEMBERING how the nation of Newtered States was also responsible for the Imperial Democratic Empire ceasing to exist, and participated in a raid of Warzone Europe,

Damn him! Such an evil individual for performing a single raid.

Anyway, seriously, going to need some really convincing evidence to persuade me to give the troll a badge
Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 am

Delegate Vinage wrote:Any evidence to back up the accusations here made towards the nominee for the badge?

Damn him! Such an evil individual for performing a single raid.

Anyway, seriously, going to need some really convincing evidence to persuade me to give the troll a badge

The Warzone Europe raid is obviously the most minor of what Newtered States did.

You could look at The United States of Amoncolia—at its RMB, at its forums, which make it very clear that the region collapsed due to Newtered States' influence. You could also ask the members of the region The United States of Conservadom, and they can confirm everything that Newtered States is supposed to have done.

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Vinage gasped, "You want me to do the research for your proposal? Well I never...."
Vinage V. Grey-Anumia

"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Delegate Vinage wrote:Vinage gasped, "You want me to do the research for your proposal? Well I never...."

:p I can find specific instants and give them to you if you'd like. It's just that, within the areas of NationStates where Newtered States did his damage, his crimes are very well known and well attested to.
Last edited by Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Newtered States
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Newtered States » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Well, yeah...I did do all of those things. But, they're not as bad as the Herman Cain guy thinks they are. I mean, I did raid Amoncolia, and the United States of Conservadom, caused that one region to cease to exist...and raided Europe, but that's not worthy of a condemnation, right? Why not wait until I raid some more regions?
Newt Gingrich '016

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan wrote:
Delegate Vinage wrote:Vinage gasped, "You want me to do the research for your proposal? Well I never...."

:p I can find specific instants and give them to you if you'd like. It's just that, within the areas of NationStates where Newtered States did his damage, his crimes are very well known and well attested to.

Vinage nodded his head, "Preferably in some short dossier. That should suffice for now."
Vinage V. Grey-Anumia

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Delegate Vinage wrote:
Ubeki beki beki beki stan stan wrote:

Vinage nodded his head, "Preferably in some short dossier. That should suffice for now."

Of course. I'll get working on that right away!

Newtered States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Newtered States » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Wait until I can invade some more regions!
Newt Gingrich '016

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Newtered States wrote:Well, yeah...I did do all of those things. But, they're not as bad as the Herman Cain guy thinks they are. I mean, I did raid Amoncolia, and the United States of Conservadom, caused that one region to cease to exist...and raided Europe, but that's not worthy of a condemnation, right? Why not wait until I raid some more regions?

Emphasis mine. Case and point right here. Don't feed the troll, OP. Will be voting against.

Newtered States
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Newtered States » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Newtered States wrote:Well, yeah...I did do all of those things. But, they're not as bad as the Herman Cain guy thinks they are. I mean, I did raid Amoncolia, and the United States of Conservadom, caused that one region to cease to exist...and raided Europe, but that's not worthy of a condemnation, right? Why not wait until I raid some more regions?

Emphasis mine. Case and point right here. Don't feed the troll, OP. Will be voting against.

I'm a troll because I'm a raider? That's not the same thing.
Newt Gingrich '016

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Maybe if you fed him he'd no longer starve for attention.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Newtered States wrote:I'm a troll because I'm a raider? That's not the same thing.

Thanks for the clarification. :eyebrow: I'm quite sure of the differences therein. You are a troll because you want the condemnation, meaning you shouldn't get it.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives