NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Biomedical Recipient Rights

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[PASSED] Biomedical Recipient Rights

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:39 am

This proposal has been submitted! Delegates, please approve!

Original draft's thread can be found here.

BIOMEDICAL RECIPIENT RIGHTS
Category: Human Rights | Strength: Significant | Proposed By: Mousebumples

Description: THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

UNDERSTANDS the importance in assuring and protecting the rights of individuals receiving medical treatments.

SPECIFIES that “biomedical tissues” shall include, at minimum, the following:
  1. Blood and blood products, such as platelets and plasma.
  2. Organs, such as the kidneys, liver, and heart.
  3. Stem cells, such as embryonic stem cells, those found in the bone marrow and the umbilical cord, and other adult stem cells.
DETAILS that "biomedical procedures" shall include, at minimum the donation, harvesting, transplantation, or transfusion of biomedical tissues.

DECLARES that prospective recipients of biomedical tissues shall not be discriminated against without a valid medical rationale, such as blood and tissue typing or the presence of a dangerous contagion.

REQUIRES that the process for biomedical procedures shall involve:
  1. Ensuring that the recipient is healthy enough to undergo the procedure.
  2. Techniques that are as humane as is practicable using appropriate sterile technique for the procedure in question.
  3. Testing and typing of the recipient in order to minimize negative transfusion reactions and biomedical tissue rejection.
MANDATES that prospective recipients shall be given all medically relevant facts regarding the biomedical procedure(s) and tissue(s) they are to receive prior to obtaining their uncoerced, informed consent.
  1. A legally completed advance health care directive (e.g. living will) shall be followed in order to respect the wishes of the individual in question.
  2. In the absence of a legally completed advance health care directive, WA member nations may permit an individual's legal guardian or next-of-kin to provide uncoerced, informed consent on behalf of a recipient in the event that the individual in question is under the threshold of majority or is otherwise unable to understand the information in question.
INSTRUCTS the World Health Authority to allocate an appropriate portion of their budget to assist with providing preventative and other necessary treatments with regards to biomedical treatments in nations that are otherwise unable to afford them.

ALLOWS for WA member nations and their health care systems to triage prospective recipients based on geographic location, if the biomedical tissue in question may decrease in quality during the transport process, and other medically relevant factors (e.g. medical need).

PERMITS individual WA member nations and their health care systems to delay or defer a recipient's biomedical procedure(s) due to a co-existing medical condition, which may place the treatment tissues at risk of rejection or infection.
  1. If such a medical condition exists, all reasonable attempts shall be made at treatment so as to allow the transplant to occur.
  2. WA member nations may elect to match donors and recipients based on such a medical condition in the event of biomedical tissue shortages, if such a match is determined to be in the best medical interests of the recipient.

Version 2.1:

Description:
THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

UNDERSTANDS the importance in assuring and protecting the rights of individuals receiving medical treatments.

3. Stem cells, such as bone marrow tissue, cord blood cells, embryonic stem cells, and adult stem cells.
DETAILS that "biomedical procedures" shall include, at minimum the donation, harvesting, transplantation, or transfusion of biomedical tissues.

DECLARES that prospective recipients of biomedical tissues shall not be discriminated against without a valid medical rationale, such as blood and tissue typing or the presence of a dangerous contagion.

REQUIRES that the transplant or transfusion process for biomedical procedures shall involve:
  2. Techniques that are as humane as is practicable using appropriate sterile technique for the procedure in question.
  3. Testing and typing of the recipient in order to minimize negative transfusion reactions and biomedical tissue rejection.
MANDATES that prospective recipients shall be given all medically relevant facts regarding the biomedical procedure and tissue(s) they are to receive prior to obtaining their uncoerced, informed consent.
  1. Legally completed advance health care directives (e.g. living will) shall be followed in order to respect the wishes of the individual in question.
  2. In the absence of a legally completed advance health care directive, WA member nations may permit an individual's legal guardian or next-of-kin to provide uncoerced, informed consent on behalf of a recipient in the event that the individual in question is under the threshold of majority or is otherwise unable to understand the information and/or procedure.
INSTRUCTS the WHA to allocate an appropriate portion of their budget to assist with providing preventative and otherwise necessary treatments with regards to biomedical treatments in nations that are otherwise unable to afford such medications and treatments.

ALLOWS for WA member nations and their health care systems to triage prospective recipients based on geographic location, if the biomedical tissue in question may decrease in quality during the transport process, and other medically relevant factors (e.g. medical need).

PERMITS WA member nations and their health care systems to delay or defer a recipient's biomedical treatment(s) due to a co-existing medical condition, which may place the treatment tissues at risk of rejection or infection.
  1. If such a medical condition exists, all reasonable attempts shall be made at treatment so as to allow the transplant to occur.
  2. WA member nations may elect to match donors and recipients based on such a medical condition in the event of biomedical tissue shortages, if such a match is determined to be in the best medical interests of the recipient.

Character count: 2957

Description:
THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

BELIEVES that all individuals should be accorded specific rights with regards to medical procedures and, specifically, with regards to biomedical treatments.

3. Stem cells, such as bone marrow tissue, cord blood cells, embryonic stem cells, and adult stem cells.

REQUIRES that the transplant or transfusion process for biomedical procedures shall involve:
MANDATES that prospective recipients shall be given all medically relevant facts regarding the biomedical procedure and tissue(s) they are to receive prior to obtaining their uncoerced, informed consent.
  1. Legally completed advance health care directives (e.g. living will) shall be followed in order to respect the wishes of the individual in question.
  2. In the absence of a legally completed advance health care directive, WA member nations may permit an individual's legal guardian or next-of-kin may provide uncoerced, informed consent on behalf of a recipient in the event that the individual in question is under the threshold of majority or the individual in question is otherwise unable to understand the information and/or procedure.
INSTRUCTS the WHA to allocate an appropriate portion of their budget to assist with providing necessary medications and preventative treatments with regards to biomedical treatments in nations that are otherwise unable to afford such medications and treatments.

ALLOWS for WA member nations and their health care systems to triage of prospective recipients based on geographic location, if the biomedical tissue in question may decrease in quality during the transport process, and/or medically relevant factors (e.g. medical need).

PERMITS WA member nations and their health care systems to delay or defer a recipient's biomedical treatment(s) due to a co-existing medical condition, which may place the treatment tissues at risk of rejection or infection.

*coughs* So these are split now. I guess one question that still needs to be answered - since these are split, is it still worthy of a "Significant" strength, or should I be knocking it down to Mild.

I was also planning to lead with this (pre-split) proposal when it comes to submitting the replacements, but now I'm wondering if I should split them up in the order or submission.

Thoughts on those questions - and anything else you have to offer - are appreciated.

Thanks!
Nikolas Eberhart
Ambassador from the Doctoral Monkey Feet of Mousebumples
WA Delegate for Monkey Island
Last edited by Flibbleites on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:06 pm

I do have a minor question. Does this allow for international organ donation? If so, I would think that the "INSTRUCTS" and "ALLOWS" clauses should provide sufficient direction as to appropriate procedure. I am torn as to whether there should be language dealing with international organ donations, and I suppose this would also apply to the proposal dealing with donor rights, but like the comment I am composing now, I am worried about length.

Henrik Søgård
Imperial Chiefdom of Krioval

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Krioval wrote:I do have a minor question. Does this allow for international organ donation? If so, I would think that the "INSTRUCTS" and "ALLOWS" clauses should provide sufficient direction as to appropriate procedure. I am torn as to whether there should be language dealing with international organ donations, and I suppose this would also apply to the proposal dealing with donor rights, but like the comment I am composing now, I am worried about length.

Actually, the proposal you're probably looking for is Biomedical Trade & Treatment which allows for medical tourism (for the purposes of international organ/stem cell/etc., donation) and also the trade & transfer of biomedical tissues between nations.

This draft doesn't explicitly allow it, but it doesn't really encourage it either. Which is why there is further legislation on this subject.

If you have specific language you'd suggest regarding international organ donation, you can certainly leave that here (and then I can move it to the appropriate proposal) or else see if that proposal thread is more what you're looking for ...

I'm also worried about length on this one, and I was hoping to do a character count before work this morning, but no time! Hopefully, I'll be able to take care of that tomorrow ...
Proud Member of UNOG

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:16 am

The diminutive Fae Emissary and her young translator and aide look over Ambassador Eberhart's proposals, paying particular attention at this time to the one regarding Biomedical Recipient Rights. Epiſkœ asks the girl a question, which Rowan then relays to the Mousebumples delegate.

"Ambassador, we have a question regarding the first 'requirement' of member nations, where it is stated that we must '[ensure] that the recipient is healthy enough to undergo the procedure'. We understand your concern here, but what if the recipient is indeed on death's doorstep, and requires the transplant, even in such dangerous conditions, to have any chance of survival?"

The Faerie ambassador whispers another question, which is relayed to Ambassador Eberhart through her young translator, "Also, if there is no living will, what is to stop a member nation from declaring its own government as everybody's 'legal guardian' and making the decisions for their unwilling citizens?"

"Epiſkœ wouldn't notice this, English not being her native tongue, but I don't believe you ended the 'ALLOWS' clause properly. It reads, in the part relevant to my concern, 'ALLOWS for WA member nations ... to triage ... if the biomedical tissue in question may decrease in quality ... and/or medically relevant factors'. I think simply adding 'call for such' at the end of this line would be appropriate."

"Œöpazœ-pil," says Epiſkœ with a wink. Rowan smiles at the Faerie, then returns her attention to Ambassador Eberhart, eagerly awaiting a response.

Translation Well spotted.

Mousebumples wrote:I'm also worried about length on this one, and I was hoping to do a character count before work this morning, but no time! Hopefully, I'll be able to take care of that tomorrow ...

(OOC: wc -m tells me the description is 3,061 characters at the moment :-)

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:56 am

Eireann Fae wrote:"Ambassador, we have a question regarding the first 'requirement' of member nations, where it is stated that we must '[ensure] that the recipient is healthy enough to undergo the procedure'. We understand your concern here, but what if the recipient is indeed on death's doorstep, and requires the transplant, even in such dangerous conditions, to have any chance of survival?"

I'd say that such an individual would be healthy enough to get the procedure. "healthy enough to undergo the procedure" is somewhat flexible in interpretation and - in this draft - is more aimed at making sure that the individual in question doesn't have an infection that would likely worsen post-transplant once they start taking anti-rejection medications, which weaken the immune system.

Eireann Fae wrote:The Faerie ambassador whispers another question, which is relayed to Ambassador Eberhart through her young translator, "Also, if there is no living will, what is to stop a member nation from declaring its own government as everybody's 'legal guardian' and making the decisions for their unwilling citizens?"

For starters, that's a risk that we run now, given the presence of the atrocity that is the Patient's Rights Act. PRA means well, but if you'll refer to your codex, you'll see that the awkward wording of that resolution makes me use similar wording in this one (to avoid contradiction). PRA is now on my repeal list, and I could delay the submission of replacements until I can get it repealed, but ... I'm not sure how long that one's drafting process might take.

As it was, I tried to draft this replacement to fit with PRA but still be very workable with a quality replacement that I have in mind - something that would explicitly require informed consent, but would defer to the patient's next-of-kin and/or legal guardian in the event that they are unable to consent (due to the medical issue) and require life-saving treatment.

Anyhow: I know that my nation does not consider the government to be a "person" and therefore would be unable to classify the government as an individual's legal guardian. Further, this concern probably belongs more in the Donor Rights proposal draft, as I would think most individuals would want to receive a life saving organ, blood transfusion, etc. And, in order for that clause to kick in, the individual would have to be under the threshold of majority, "brain dead," etc. That draft also recommends that nations adopt an opt-out policy on organ/tissue donation for "brain dead" individuals without a living will, which may be similar to what you're fearing. However, Biomedical Innovation Organization covers educating the populace on the importance of living wills - as well as the importance of biomedical procedures.

Eireann Fae wrote:"Epiſkœ wouldn't notice this, English not being her native tongue, but I don't believe you ended the 'ALLOWS' clause properly. It reads, in the part relevant to my concern, 'ALLOWS for WA member nations ... to triage ... if the biomedical tissue in question may decrease in quality ... and/or medically relevant factors'. I think simply adding 'call for such' at the end of this line would be appropriate."

Yeah, that was changed from being a list to being a single line, and I need to fix that. I'll put it on my list for future revisions.

Thanks so much for your feedback on this matter. It's very much appreciated!
Nikolas Eberhart
Proud Member of UNOG

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Updated draft!

Description:
THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

2. In the absence of a legally completed advance health care directive, WA member nations may permit an individual's legal guardian or next-of-kin to provide uncoerced, informed consent on behalf of a recipient in the event that the individual in question is under the threshold of majority or is otherwise unable to understand the information and/or procedure.
INSTRUCTS the WHA to allocate an appropriate portion of their budget to assist with providing preventative and otherwise necessary treatments with regards to biomedical treatments in nations that are otherwise unable to afford such medications and treatments.

Character count: 2957

Further queries and critiques are welcome. In a perfect world (where there aren't any objections), I'll probably look to submit later this week sometime ...
Proud Member of UNOG

Discoveria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Description:
THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

UNDERSTANDS the importance inof assuring and protecting the rights of individuals receiving medical treatments.

2. In the absence of a legally completed advance health care directive, WA member nations may permit an individual's legal guardian or next-of-kin to provide uncoerced, informed consent on behalf of a recipient in the event that the individual in question is under the threshold of majority or is otherwise unable to understand the information and/or procedure.Why not just say 'in the event that the individual... (is a child)..., or otherwise lacks capacity to give consent'? I'm not too fussed either way.

PERMITS WA member nations and their health care systems to delay or defer a recipient's biomedical treatment(s) due to a co-existing medical condition, which may place the treatment tissues at risk of rejection or infection.I think nations should also be allowed to cancel outright a recipient's biomedical treatment. The current wording implies that once Donor David's kidney has been assigned to Recipient Ross, David's kidney cannot be reassigned to someone else if Ross suddenly develops a condition that requires some extended time to treat. Proposed treatments should be re-evaluated in the light of new developments in the health of donor and recipient.
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:31 am

Discoveria wrote:In the absence of a legally completed advance health care directive, WA member nations may permit an individual's legal guardian or next-of-kin to provide uncoerced, informed consent on behalf of a recipient in the event that the individual in question is under the threshold of majority or is otherwise unable to understand the information and/or procedure.Why not just say 'in the event that the individual... (is a child)..., or otherwise lacks capacity to give consent'? I'm not too fussed either way.

The why is pretty simple. PRA pretty much requires that sort of wording here based on how the resolution itself is worded.

PRA reads:
(VIII) For the purposes of this legislation, "patient" may also refer to a legal guardian if the patient is under the age of majority, or is an adult unable to understand their rights under this Act.
I changed "age" to "threshold" per a request since I believe those words to be fairly synonymous, for legality purposes, and hopefully won't be enough to get this sort of thing yanked for "contradiction." Honestly, including "Next of Kin" is potentially "amending" PRA since PRA doesn't even mention the next-of-kin, but ... if someone is unconscious, considering their next-of-kin to be their legal guardian (in the absence of any sort of legal forms indicating otherwise) seems like it might be allowable.

Further the "unable to understand the rights and/or procedure" is really to cover those that are unconscious/comatose/etc. Probably more of an issue on the DONOR side of things, but ...

Discoveria wrote:PERMITS WA member nations and their health care systems to delay or defer a recipient's biomedical treatment(s) due to a co-existing medical condition, which may place the treatment tissues at risk of rejection or infection.I think nations should also be allowed to cancel outright a recipient's biomedical treatment. The current wording implies that once Donor David's kidney has been assigned to Recipient Ross, David's kidney cannot be reassigned to someone else if Ross suddenly develops a condition that requires some extended time to treat. Proposed treatments should be re-evaluated in the light of new developments in the health of donor and recipient.

Honestly, I'd disagree with your interpretation. A "recipient's biomedical treatment(s)" would be a Kidney Transplant or a Blood Transfusion. It's not meant to be transplant of David's kidney, necessarily. Of course, if David is agreeing to donate a kidney only to Ross, that's a different scenario. (i.e. a friend or family live organ donation)

Of course, I don't actually define "biomedical treatment(s)" within the text, so that should be "biomedical procedure(s)" - and that may rectify your concern? The text reads: DETAILS that "biomedical procedures" shall include, at minimum the donation, harvesting, transplantation, or transfusion of biomedical tissues.

It doesn't say that it involves the donation/harvesting/transplantation/transfusion of a specific biomedical tissue from one individual to another, so I think that should be safe phrasing as is. Of course, if you have a specific alternative to suggest, please do so. I'm not opposed to changing it, but I don't really know what would be better, and I don't see the same concerns/shortcomings that you do there.

Thanks for the comments - I'll try to get a redraft out later today ...
Proud Member of UNOG

Discoveria
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Mousebumples wrote:*PRA snip*

Very well.
Mousebumples wrote:
Discoveria wrote:PERMITS WA member nations and their health care systems to delay or defer a recipient's biomedical treatment(s) due to a co-existing medical condition, which may place the treatment tissues at risk of rejection or infection.I think nations should also be allowed to cancel outright a recipient's biomedical treatment. The current wording implies that once Donor David's kidney has been assigned to Recipient Ross, David's kidney cannot be reassigned to someone else if Ross suddenly develops a condition that requires some extended time to treat. Proposed treatments should be re-evaluated in the light of new developments in the health of donor and recipient.

Honestly, I'd disagree with your interpretation. A "recipient's biomedical treatment(s)" would be a Kidney Transplant or a Blood Transfusion. It's not meant to be transplant of David's kidney, necessarily. Of course, if David is agreeing to donate a kidney only to Ross, that's a different scenario. (i.e. a friend or family live organ donation)

Of course, I don't actually define "biomedical treatment(s)" within the text, so that should be "biomedical procedure(s)" - and that may rectify your concern? The text reads: DETAILS that "biomedical procedures" shall include, at minimum the donation, harvesting, transplantation, or transfusion of biomedical tissues.

It doesn't say that it involves the donation/harvesting/transplantation/transfusion of a specific biomedical tissue from one individual to another, so I think that should be safe phrasing as is. Of course, if you have a specific alternative to suggest, please do so. I'm not opposed to changing it, but I don't really know what would be better, and I don't see the same concerns/shortcomings that you do there.

I see what you mean. It refers to biomedical treatments in the general sense, not any specific procedures involving a particular kidney in a particular hospital. I can't think of a way to make it any clearer though. Probably just my bad reading of it.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Updated draft:

Description:
THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

3. Stem cells, such as embryonic stem cells, those found in the bone marrow and the umbilical cord, and other adult stem cells.

MANDATES that prospective recipients shall be given all medically relevant facts regarding the biomedical procedure(s) and tissue(s) they are to receive prior to obtaining their uncoerced, informed consent.
  1. A legally completed advance health care directive (e.g. living will) shall be followed in order to respect the wishes of the individual in question.
  2. In the absence of a legally completed advance health care directive, WA member nations may permit an individual's legal guardian or next-of-kin to provide uncoerced, informed consent on behalf of a recipient in the event that the individual in question is under the threshold of majority or is otherwise unable to understand the information in question.
INSTRUCTS the WHA to allocate an appropriate portion of their budget to assist with providing preventative and other necessary treatments with regards to biomedical treatments in nations that are otherwise unable to afford them.

PERMITS individual WA member nations and their health care systems to delay or defer a recipient's biomedical procedure(s) due to a co-existing medical condition, which may place the treatment tissues at risk of rejection or infection.
Last edited by Mousebumples on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of UNOG

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:21 pm

This proposal has been submitted! Delegates, please approve!

So I've made a few more edits before submission because, well, I'm me. :P

And I went with Human Rights; Significant because I feel that this proposal strongly impacts a more narrow area, in case there were any questions there.

Description: THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

INSTRUCTS the World Health Authority to allocate an appropriate portion of their budget to assist with providing preventative and other necessary treatments with regards to biomedical treatments in nations that are otherwise unable to afford them.

Proud Member of UNOG

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:20 am

(almost) At Vote Bump!

I'm not sure if I'll be around/available in a few hours when this gets to a vote, so I thought I'd post up my At Vote post a bit early - just in case.

Here's a quick list of what I view as the most important parts of the proposal in question:
  1. Prevents discrimination against those who are in need of a biomedical procedure.
  2. Practices to protect the health and well-being of the patient.
  3. Further assures rights of the recipient by requiring consent prior to any transplants or transfusions taking place.
  4. Creates the framework for nations to establish their own common-sense practices with regards to what their population needs when it comes to such procedure.
Thanks for your consideration!

And, remember: Vote early, Vote often, and Vote YES! ;)
Proud Member of UNOG

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:00 am

OOC: Christ, will this Mouse-based reign of terror on our beloved WA ever end?!

In my power as WA Delegate of Skyrim, I have voted FOR the resolution. I would like to wish the delegation from Mousebumples (yet again) the best of luck with their proposal, though it appears that the delegation here is quite capable without any luck. We would also like to recommend some of our best psychologists to the ambassador from Mousebumples, Nikolas Eberhart, as it appears he is now spending an inordinate amount of time debating these proposals...with himself.

*Elias passes Nikolas a few business cards*

All these professional doctors are employed by Greyjoy Informatics, so please feel free to stop by any of their offices should you find time.

Elias T. Greyjoy
WA Delegate of Skyrim

Hatsunia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2012

Postby Hatsunia » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:03 pm

The Hatsunian delegation votes for this resolution, as it complements "Biomedical Donor Rights".
Hatsunia | 初音国
The first sound of the future, the society of the future

MT/PMT (Cyberprep) | National Day: August 31 | Ignore NS stats/policies | More than an "anime meme nation" | Less waifu, more wi-fi
Wiki (complete) | Space (WIP) | Map | Capital | MEACU | Micronesia | Tropes | Anthem ♪ | Civ ♫ | Futuristic playlist ♬ | Why Japan needs upgrades

Ossitania
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossitania » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Ossitania and the IDU have lodged our vote in favour of this resolution.
Guy in the Boat,
GA #146 (Co-authored)
GA #177 (Co-authored)
GA #183(Authored)
GA #198 (Co-authored)
GA #202 (Authored)
GA #206 (Authored)
GA #212 (Co-authored)
GA #238 (Authored)
GA #240 (Authored)

President and Sole Resident of Ossitania

Member of UNOG
Ideological Bulwark #265

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:39 pm

I, Vinage v. Grey-Anumia, after being nagged by Elias T. Greyjoy have decided to publicly declare my intent to vote AYE on this proposal. This decision was made on a 5/0 internal vote and without the usual cheese-bribes that this Delegate enjoys from Nikolas Eberhart and his representing nation.

Oh... I've also been told to present some wit so here goes. Why did the World Assembly cross the road? To avoid another Mousebumples led proposal.

Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Discoveria
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:45 pm

"Needless to say, our office approves of this proposal and has voted FOR," said Matthew enthusiastically. "The joke by Mr. Grey-Anumia, however, meets with much less approval."

Louisistan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2012

Postby Louisistan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:53 pm

The Louisistanian Delegation to the World Assembly hereby declares its support for this proposal and wishes to announce it has voted FOR it.

Schulz, Deputy Ambassador to the WA
Knight of TITO

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Woo, thanks for the support, everyone! It's a great pleasure to get back from a busy day in the office (OOC: at work) and find the vote going so well so far.

Also, I'd be happy to debate Ambassador Greyjoy on this subject, if he were so inclined. Or, anyone else for that matter. However, I refuse to let such an important topic go un-debated - even if I need to use the resources available to me and my office staff to debate internally, to ensure that the best possible text reaches a vote for the consideration of the Assembly.

Yours,
Nikolas Eberhart
Proud Member of UNOG

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Permanent Mission of the Kingdom of Oneracon
to the World Assembly

As representative of the Kingdom of Oneracon and delegate for Caballete Eqqus, I wish to congratulate my colleague Nikolas Eberhart of the Doctoral Monkey Feet of Mousebumples.

The successful passage of these biomedical rights reforms will surely better the health systems of all WA nations, and allow for innovation in medical treatments that will save lives around the world.

The Kingdom of Oneracon and the other governments in Caballete Equus reiterate that you have our full support.

Most Sincerely,

Phillip Webber
Ambassador of the Kingdom of Oneracon to the World Assembly
WA Regional Delegate for Caballete Equus
Last edited by Oneracon on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Afrontum
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 24, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Afrontum » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

The amount of agreement from the assembled delegates on these Biomedical proposals is bordering on eerie, but we'll chalk it up to good statesmanship. Support.
Jenson Bismarck
WA Representative
Curiously Crenelate Domain of Afrontum

Eireann Fae
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Afrontum wrote:The amount of agreement from the assembled delegates on these Biomedical proposals is bordering on eerie, but we'll chalk it up to good statesmanship. Support.

(OOC: Noticed that, did you? I had pretty much nothing to do with any of these repeal/replacements, yet I'm still quite pleased to see the 90%ish approval ratings :-)

Giroad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Giroad » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:06 pm

In Giroad, Organ harvesting is compulsary, but we agree with the idea of human rights for the living donors and recipients.
We don't export cheese, cos we eat it all.

We are Scousers.

OOC: Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

Eireann Fae
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:26 am

"Even though this was known to pass after the first few hundred votes, allow us to be the first to congratulate Sir Nikolas on the passing of this legislation." Rowan smiles and takes her seat.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Eireann Fae wrote:"Even though this was known to pass after the first few hundred votes, allow us to be the first to congratulate Sir Nikolas on the passing of this legislation." Rowan smiles and takes her seat.

Thanks to everyone for their support - and thanks, also, Rowan, for your congratulations.

One more topic I can cross off of my to-do list, now ... 8)
Proud Member of UNOG

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives