NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Raxus Caedus Turn

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Condemn Raxus Caedus Turn

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Image Condemn Raxus Caedus Turn

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Raxus Caedus Turn | Proposed By: Skyrim Diplomacy

Description: The Security Council,

BELIEVING that the sovereignty of democratically elected officials should not be infringed upon, nor should any legitimate government be usurped by an oppressive and dictatorial regime,

IDENTIFYING Raxus Caedus Turn (Turn) as a large, multi-faceted nation that controls many other nations, including The Controller, and as the primary antagonist in the region Markarth,

NOTING that Turn, via The Controller, ejected and banned the rightful government of Markarth in an unprecedented and unwarranted coup, placing the region under martial law while suppressing free speech and threatening the same to all nations in the region,

FURTHER NOTING that Turn shut down the forums of Markarth, which are the heart and soul of every region, essentially killing off any meaningful discussion or dissent that may have risen,

DISCLOSING that Turn has perpetrated these same crimes on multiple occasions with multiple regions, including the now-defunct Imperial Clindean Order, The Genesis Corporation, and Athos,

DISGUSTED that Turn not only encouraged but employed puppet-flooding to artificially boost the regional population of Markarth to untruthfully portray a sense of power and numbers in the world, both militarily and otherwise,

HORRIFIED that Turn has forcibly removed or destroyed many facets of the Markarth cultural heritage, including the forum and regional news service, and threatened ejection to all nations in the region should their leaders voice any dissent,

OBSERVING that Turn has raider affiliations at large and has used military strength to raid with the Imperial Clindean Order and Markarth,

REVEALING that Turn was at the helm of The Genesis Corporation (TGC), once one of the largest regions in the world, shortly before the complete and utter collapse of the region due to the power-grab and resignation of Turn, after which TGC stagnated for many months,

RECOGNIZING that such heinous and world-wide crimes cannot go unattended nor unrecognized,

HEREBY CONDEMNS Raxus Caedus Turn.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 am, edited 8 times in total.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
(Image) Condemn Raxus Caedus Turn

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Raxus Caedus Turn | Proposed By: Skyrim Diplomacy

Description: The Security Council,

BELIEVING that the sovereignty of democratically elected officials should not be infringed upon, nor should any legitimate government be usurped by an oppressive and dictatorial regime,

IDENTIFYING Raxus Caedus Turn (Turn) as a large, multi-faceted nation that controls many other nations, including The Controller, as the primary antagonist in the region Markarth,

NOTING that Turn, via the Controller, ejected and banned the rightful government of Markarth in an unprecedented and unwarranted coup, placing the region under martial law while suppressing free speech and threatening the same to all nations in the region,

FURTHER NOTING that Turn shut down the forums of Markarth, which are the heart and soul of every region, essentially killing off any meaningful discussion or dissent that may have risen,

DISCLOSING that Turn has perpetrated these same crimes on multiple occasions with multiple regions, including the now-defunct Imperial Clindean Order, The Genesis Corporation, and Athos,

DISGUSTED that Turn not only encouraged but employed puppet-flooding to artificially boost the regional population of Markarth to untruthfully portray a sense of power and numbers in the world, both militarily and otherwise,

HORRIFIED that Turn has forcibly removed or destroyed many facets of the Markarth cultural heritage, including the forum and regional news service, and threatened ejection to all nations in the region should their leaders voice any dissent,

POINTING OUT OBSERVING that Turn has raider affiliations at large and has used military strength to raid with the Imperial Clindean Order, Markarth, and in the shadows as the Aeazen Combine,

APPREHENSIVELY REVEALING OBSERVING that Turn was at the helm of The Genesis Corporation (TGC), once one of the largest regions in the world, shortly before the complete and utter collapse of the region due to the power-grab and resignation of Turn, after which TGC stagnated for many months,

REALIZING RECOGNIZING that such heinous and world-wide crimes cannot go unattended nor unrecognized,

HEREBY CONDEMNS Raxus Caedus Turn.

Apart from that, the Government of Markarth-in-exile supports this Condemnation to the utmost.
Last edited by Corporation de Apple on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

That describes pretty much every topic ever posted in NSG.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:15 pm

At this time I can't say whether I'm for or against since I don't want this child to bask in the attention he so clearly wants.

However I do recognize that Raxus' actions are absolutely despicable, and his repeated actions against the people of NationStates are worthy of much more than a condemnation.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:At this time I can't say whether I'm for or against since I don't want this child to bask in the attention he so clearly wants.

However I do recognize that Raxus' actions are absolutely despicable, and his repeated actions against the people of NationStates are worthy of much more than a condemnation.

Raxus fears being cast out and helming something to which only he is a part of - his actions are despicable, so why abstain?
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Corporation de Apple wrote:
Ambroscus Koth wrote:At this time I can't say whether I'm for or against since I don't want this child to bask in the attention he so clearly wants.

Raxus fears being cast out and helming something to which only he is a part of - his actions are despicable, so why abstain?

The "badge of honor" argument applies here. It would most certainly serve to stoke his ego, somewhat.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Corporation de Apple wrote:Raxus fears being cast out and helming something to which only he is a part of - his actions are despicable, so why abstain?

The "badge of honor" argument applies here. It would most certainly serve to stoke his ego, somewhat.

Fair enough. We can all, hopefully, agree that Raxus enjoys things that most people would stray away from.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Everbeek
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Everbeek » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Founders can do with their regions as they like. The "legitimate government" is only legitimate insofar as the founder allows them to be.
The Awesomeness Formerly Known As Campinia
Cromarty wrote:Antifa, the Internationale and the Red Fleet are encased in the largest glass house in existence, and they're not throwing stones, they're firing boulders from catapults.

Big Jim P wrote:
Everbeek wrote:I never say "for god's sake", I always say "for fuck's sake", for the rest I don't care much

Fucking created most of us, so fucking IS god.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Everbeek wrote:Founders can do with their regions as they like. The "legitimate government" is only legitimate insofar as the founder allows them to be.

What about the destruction of Markarth's forum?

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Everbeek wrote:Founders can do with their regions as they like. The "legitimate government" is only legitimate insofar as the founder allows them to be.

That point completely destroys this entire proposal....you're right. :palm:

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:23 pm

As a former member of Markarth, I support this fully.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Ah, but therein lies the rub - Raxus had conceded power to the WAD (the Speaker) and the Emperor.
He publiclly and officially stepped down, and re-added himself to root admin group on the forums, allowing him to devastate a region which was very closely knit.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:

That point completely destroys this entire proposal....you're right. :palm:

/sarcasm?

:(
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:That point completely destroys this entire proposal....you're right. :palm:

/sarcasm?

:(

Most definitely. One-liner complaints with no supporting arguments is something I usually only see from Christian Democrats around here. The "Founders can do what they want with their region" is not an excuse nor a viable argument to ignore the usurpation of government and the destruction of a forum.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:32 pm

I think the major thing is Raxus abused his position to shut down the Forums and lock down Markarth, not to argue the nitty-gritties of founder governmental relationships/recognition.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Zoraxy
Civilian

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoraxy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Excellent. Glad to see this!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:54 pm

I'm against.

Sure it was dastardly and all, but he'll want that badge. Most people doing purges, have the badge at least a bit in mind when doing it. I have no doubt that he wants that badge. Plus as Founder of Markarth, doesn't he kind of have the right to do it?

Passing the resolution should just stoke his ego.

Against.

Also. Aren't forum mentions a Rule Violation? :unsure:
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:I'm against.

Sure it was dastardly and all, but he'll want that badge. Most people doing purges, have the badge at least a bit in mind when doing it. I have no doubt that he wants that badge. Plus as Founder of Markarth, doesn't he kind of have the right to do it?

Passing the resolution should just stoke his ego.

Against.

Also. Aren't forum mentions a Rule Violation? :unsure:

Me don't thinks so, on both counts.

:unsure:

But regardless, I think that it'll take away the remaining (few) supporters that he has.
To be following someone who has been condemned by the rest of the NS world doesn't really give you that pleasant feeling, does it?
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Also. Aren't forum mentions a Rule Violation? :unsure:

Only if used to "clearly refer to the electronic entity," which I don't believe I have infringed upon here.

Everbeek
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Everbeek » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Ah, but therein lies the rub - Raxus had conceded power to the WAD (the Speaker) and the Emperor.
He publiclly and officially stepped down, and re-added himself to root admin group on the forums, allowing him to devastate a region which was very closely knit.

Was he the original root admin who created the forum? Because if so he is the official owner of it as far as zetaboards is concerned (and again, can do with it as he likes as long as he stays within the terms and conditions)
The Awesomeness Formerly Known As Campinia
Cromarty wrote:Antifa, the Internationale and the Red Fleet are encased in the largest glass house in existence, and they're not throwing stones, they're firing boulders from catapults.

Big Jim P wrote:
Everbeek wrote:I never say "for god's sake", I always say "for fuck's sake", for the rest I don't care much

Fucking created most of us, so fucking IS god.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Everbeek wrote:
Corporation de Apple wrote:Ah, but therein lies the rub - Raxus had conceded power to the WAD (the Speaker) and the Emperor.

Was he the original root admin who created the forum? Because if so he is the official owner of it as far as zetaboards is concerned (and again, can do with it as he likes as long as he stays within the terms and conditions)

He was indeed but then he removed himself from root admin, which, I believe, legally constitutes a transfer of ownership.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Everbeek wrote:Was he the original root admin who created the forum? Because if so he is the official owner of it as far as zetaboards is concerned (and again, can do with it as he likes as long as he stays within the terms and conditions)

And I can go murder 10000 puppies, but I can't imagine too many people would be very happy about it. Whether or not it's allowed is far from the point.
Last edited by Ambroscus Koth on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Everbeek wrote:
Corporation de Apple wrote:Ah, but therein lies the rub - Raxus had conceded power to the WAD (the Speaker) and the Emperor.

Once again, do you really think that justifies the destruction of a forum? If so, I shudder to think that you would be ok with your regional forum simply being shut down by the root admin for no apparent reason.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
Everbeek wrote:Was he the original root admin who created the forum? Because if so he is the official owner of it as far as zetaboards is concerned (and again, can do with it as he likes as long as he stays within the terms and conditions)

And I can go murder 10000 puppies, but I can't imagine too many people would be very happy about it. Whether or not it's allowed is far from the point.

Well now technically if the murder was unjustified then you couldn't.
Perhaps murder 100000 terminal kittens would be more apt.
:P
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:

Once again, do you really think that justifies the destruction of a forum? If so, I shudder to think that you would be ok with your regional forum simply being shut down by the root admin for no apparent reason.

Indeed, just because one has the ABILITY to do so does not mean one should.
I could go and spit on my boss but would I?
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:

Well now technically if the murder was unjustified then you couldn't.
Perhaps murder 100000 terminal kittens would be more apt.
:P

Oh I definitely could, but I'd have to live with the consequences. Apply that same idea here.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives