NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Repeal "Liberate Feudal Japan"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:11 am

Sedgistan wrote:Well you can hardly expect the admins to implement something to help griefers?

That's not at all what I was saying. What I said was that the Admins should have given more thought to this and come up with a tool/solution that did not favor either side and yet still prevented griefing. They did a good job of it with Influence, neither side explicitly benefited or suffered from that, I don't understand what was so difficult about doing the same this time around.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:18 am

Andrewboy wrote:
Cinistra wrote:Why can't Feudal Japan just refound :( ? Do they really need a WASC resolution to manage this?

that pretty much rounds up the explanation

Well see my post here: viewtopic.php?p=733462#p733462

Also, could you try and explain why you agree with someone, rather than just saying you do? Otherwise, it could be construed as spam, and its pretty hard to reply to.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:19 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:Well you can hardly expect the admins to implement something to help griefers?

That's not at all what I was saying. What I said was that the Admins should have given more thought to this and come up with a tool/solution that did not favor either side and yet still prevented griefing. They did a good job of it with Influence, neither side explicitly benefited or suffered from that, I don't understand what was so difficult about doing the same this time around.

Well this is the discussion that comes up with every Liberation proposal, and I'd prefer to debate it in the 'Remove Liberate' thread if you brought it up there. I don't want to de-rail this one, which is to do with the specifics of Feudal Japan.

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:21 am

this matter is at a stand still. i have explained my reasons and all i can do now hope for you to see reason
World Cup 51 Qualifying
world cup of hockey 10:group stage
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying
Fustal world cup II:group stage
Pool world cup 1:Broomstone:2end place, Willkins: 2end round, Harvord: 2end round
Baptism of fire 36: round of 16
World cup 49: Qualifing
Burchandiger invitational cup 1: round of 16
Fustal world cup 3: Group Stage
Ebyria Regional Cup: 1st
Di Barandi cup 13: group stage
Womens World Cup 12: group stage

all hail ceiling cat
the last enemy that shall be defeated is death
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig
Ultimate Man united fan.
F7 minister of elimination games

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:18 pm

Debate over in my opinion. A 1600 vote gap is enough to say it will pass.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Surote
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Surote » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:27 pm

HEREBY removes password protection from Feudal Japan, and forbids any future attempts to password said region.

This is why it shouldn't pass there just trying to lock the region up again to do the same damage.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Gods, I almost hope that FJ gets invaded right before this thing passes, and then they can put up a password and I can be personally vindicated. Not that I'm totally self-serving on this or anything.

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Surote wrote:
HEREBY removes password protection from Feudal Japan, and forbids any future attempts to password said region.

This is why it shouldn't pass there just trying to lock the region up again to do the same damage.

That brings up a question I'm not so sure on: so no one can 'repeal the repeal' so to speak? No one can even attempt it?
Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:07 pm

Firstaria wrote:Debate over in my opinion. A 1600 vote gap is enough to say it will pass.

Fair go, there's still another 2 1/2 days left for voting, and none of the feeders have put in their votes yet. While yes, it looks like this will pass, it's still a touch early to guarantee it.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Martyrdoom wrote:That brings up a question I'm not so sure on: so no one can 'repeal the repeal' so to speak? No one can even attempt it?

You can't repeal repeals. You can propose direct legislation to liberate FJ again if this passes, though, using whatever language you'd like (as long as it's legal, of course).

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:50 am

Krioval wrote:
Martyrdoom wrote:That brings up a question I'm not so sure on: so no one can 'repeal the repeal' so to speak? No one can even attempt it?

You can't repeal repeals. You can propose direct legislation to liberate FJ again if this passes, though, using whatever language you'd like (as long as it's legal, of course).

As in another liberation proposal?

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Martyrdoom wrote:As in another liberation proposal?

Precisely.

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:51 pm

yes thats exactly what we need after this vote another proposal to liberate feudal japan
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying
Pool world cup 1:Broomstone:2end place, Willkins: 2end round, Harvord: 2end round

all hail ceiling cat
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig
Ultimate Man united fan.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Good luck with that, I imagine you'll have a hard time convincing people to support it.

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:08 pm

that was sarcasum
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying

all hail ceiling cat
Ultimate Man united fan.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:12 pm

Well seeing as most of your posts in this thread seem to suggest you seriously think that Feudal Japan would be better off not being able to password-protect itself, that sarcasm is pretty hard to detect.

Greenlandic People
Envoy

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greenlandic People » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:15 am

With a tired groan, the doors to the Security Council chamber slowly swing outward. Through the great hall doors a cadre of royal hussars decked in full regalia march briskly down the aisle and up to the lectern, where they snap into a salute and fall silent.

At this time the assembled ambassadors are made aware of a small sound pervading the silent halls of the chamber. As the tiny tap-taping echoes off the walls, a diminutive emperor penguin is seen to take a place at the podium, standing on several soap boxes. The taping dies down as the animal places a small nameplate on the stand. 'Sir Nils Olav IV, esq.' It clears its throat and raises its neck ominously.

"Lulz, gg SC. Teh rez is teh suxorz, nubs. Teh SC is teh suxorz, 2. W.e, all teh SC rez r crap nyway. Lulz."
Member of ODECON
Regional Pages: Forum | Web page | Wiki Page
National Pages: Wiki | Factbook
Author of GA Resolutions: #58 | #64

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:30 am

Sedgistan wrote:Good luck with that, I imagine you'll have a hard time convincing people to support it.

Why?! Feudal Japan has been invaded, the banjection of 'natives' has happened, and the region will be soon password-protected: I'd say those are good grounds for the SC to get involved again, if 'free-entry' is indeed to be forbidden. After all, its those kinds of scenarios which 'liberations' were intended for and from which the initial one proposed by your goodself arised!

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:37 am

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Removal of the "no password protection" rule would mean Feudal Japan's original community would be locked out again.
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:44 am

Mewsland wrote:ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Removal of the "no password protection" rule would mean Feudal Japan's original community would be locked out again.

You mean the original community, which now has got back control of its region, and whose leader submitted this resolution?
Last edited by Sedgistan on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:32 pm

unless your following the situation,there's no good way of telling that.

Golgoglot
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgoglot » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:02 am

Thoroughly lacking in information concerning the situation, Golgoglot officially abstains from voting on the matter.
Sir and Dr. Bernard Godlis, Foreign Affairs High Office
The Sacred Eternity of Golgoglot
There Above the Starry Canopy, A Great G-d Will Reward

The KoZ
Civil Servant

Founded: May 18, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Defining 'native' in the context of Feudal Japan

Postby The KoZ » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:39 am

The NSWiki entry is correct as cited above; I joined the region of Feudal Japan in January of 2006. I began as Okurasho (finance minister, statistics) and have occupied nearly every government post in the region at one time or another since, both in Feudal Japan and our region-in-exile, Tokugawa Japan. Lately I found myself as both Emperor and Shogun for lack of activity, but it appears several old friends are returning and I hope to resolve that centralized power problem soon.

The following sequence serves as a historical record of Shoguns who have ruled Feudal Japan since the region's founding in November 2005. It indicates where and when the region was taken from us by invasion (i.e. during the 5th Shogunate, of Victor Manticores). To say "the region was successfully refounded as Tokugawa Japan" at that time is of course putting a positive spin on things.

1st Shogunate
Given Name: Lord Nobunaga
Nations in Feudal Japan:
- Nobunaga's Revenge
Period of Reign: November 2005 - March 2006
Era: Nobunaga
Bio: Lord Nobunaga was the original founder of the region of Feudal Japan. Shadow Warrior served as loyal Kanrei for the duration of his reign. Shogun Nobunaga defined the purpose of the Tenka Fubu mission and led its early expansion. Subsequent to his reign and in recognition of his founder status, Lord Nobunaga was declared Emperor of Feudal Japan for all time, with the power to demote any subsequent Shogun and resume the title for himself should he return to NationStates.

2nd Shogunate
Given Name: Lord Burn up Blade
Nations in Feudal Japan:
- Burn up Blade
- Burn up Blade 2
- Xen Cuts
Period of Reign: March 2006 - July 2006
Bio: Lord Burn up Blade began as Jibusho (Interior Minister) under Shogun Nobunaga. He assumed the mantle of Shogun when Lord Nobunaga was unable to recover from Internet connectivity problems and resigned from the region. Lord Burn up Blade introduced several laws, re-created the regional forum, and oversaw the cessation of Cathay from Tenka Fubu.

3rd Shogunate
Given Name: Lord KoZ
Nations in Feudal Japan:
- Knights of Zion
- The KoZ
- Daikokuten
- Temple of Memorial
Period of Reign: July 2006 - November 2006
Bio: Lord KoZ began as Okurasho (Finance Minister) under Shogun Nobunaga, and served briefly as Gaimusho (Foreign Minister) under Shogun Burn up Blade. He accepted the title of Shogun when Lord Burn up Blade resigned from the post to serve lesser duties within the region. Lord KoZ created the NSWiki page for Feudal Japan, and continued to maintain regional statistics for the Okurasho (Finance Department).

4th Shogunate
Given Name: Lord Madazi
Nations in Feudal Japan:
- Madazi
- Matsuyama Kaze
Period of Reign: December 2006 - October 12th 2007
Bio: Madazi (aka Uzkanistania) first served as Dairyo (Foreign Minister) under Nobunga's Revenge during the 1st Shogunate. He also was Gesu to Cathay under Burn Up Blade, and Jibusho under Knights of Zion. He accepted the title of Shogun when Lord KoZ chose to retire from the position. Lord Madazi's reign was marked by an extended period of healthy regional population and the introduction of the second tier of regional rankings (i.e. Shinto ranks).

5th Shogunate
Given Name: Lord Manticores
Nations in Feudal Japan / Tokugawa Japan:
- Manticores
- Loving Peoples People
Period of Reign: October 12th 2007 - October 31st 2008
Bio: Lord Manticores (aka Viktor) first served as Okurasho (Finance Minister) under Nobunga's Revenge during the 1st Shogunate. He subsequently held a number of other positions under the other Shogunates, including Hyorusho and Kanrei. He accepted the title of Shogun when Madazi chose to retire from the position. Days after his ascending to the title and through no fault of his own, the region of Feudal Japan was lost to invaders from Catlandatopia. However, the region was successfully refounded as Tokugawa Japan under his reign, and throughout the entire 5th Shogunate the region Feudal Japan continued to be occupied by stalwart samurai loyal to the Shogun. In April 2008 NS2 was announced, leading to a marked decrease in activity throughout the region and the Shogun's disbanding of the regional government. The 5th Shogunate was the longest on record, surpassing that of Madazi's.

6th Shogunate
Given Name: Lord Kanbei
Nations in Tokugawa Japan:
- Kanbei
- Aizen
Period of Reign: November 1st 2008 - May 7th 2009
Era: Tokugawa
Bio: Lord Kanbei (aka Aizen) came to the region in mid 2006, following the passing of Lord Nobunaga from the region. He soon became an active government participant in multiple roles over succeeding reigns, including a long stint as Hyobusho and another as Gaimusho. Lord Kanbei was the first Shogun of the Tokugawa Era, defined as Shoguns who did not serve in the government of the first Shogunate of Nobunaga's Revenge. He accepted the title when Manticores chose to retire from the position.

7th Shogunate
Given Name: Lord KoZ
Nations in Tokugawa Japan:
- Knights of Zion
- House Tokugawa
Period of Reign: May 7th 2009 - TBD
Era: Tokugawa
Bio: Lord KoZ resumed control of the region in May 2009, claiming the title from Lord Kanbei following a prolonged lull in regional inactivity and drastic drop in its population by invoking the Imperial Household act. All prior legislation was declared void, and Lord KoZ initiated a fresh start for new governance in hopes of rejuvinating the region.

NOTE: The Nobunaga Era extended to all Shoguns who originally served as members of Lord Nobunaga's government prior to March 31st 2006. The Tokugawa Era began with the first Shogun (Lord Kanbei) to assume the role who joined the region of Feudal Japan after the passing of Lord Nobunaga's First Shogunate.

Our region forum contains many threads related to the historical record of our frantic scramble to resist invasion, secure defender assistance, etc in November/December 2006 prior to reluctantly founding a new region. You can also see our forum activity greatly spiked at that time.

Defender forces in presently in the region are required to dissuade invading forces from taking the delegacy and rejecting us once again, setting us back to square one. Restoring password protection will allow these defender forces to withdraw and permit us to defend ourselves independently again.

Refounding is the long-term goal. We have two targets for eventual ejection: the two remaining invader nations with sufficient influence that they have not yet been successfully removed. All other nations will vacate the region voluntarily, with our thanks. Upon successful refounding, the region will no longer be password-protected and all will be welcomed. This is a policy in keeping with what we presently do in Tokugawa Japan, a region open to anyone since it has the protection of a founder.

The KoZ
Civil Servant

Founded: May 18, 2005

Postby The KoZ » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:53 am

A correction to my above statement, 3rd-last paragraph: the invasion took place in 2007 during the fifth Shogunate, not in 2006.

Knights of Zion
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 25, 2004

Postby Knights of Zion » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:57 am

I am logging in separately as "Knights of Zion" to attest that The KoZ is indeed my puppet nation [ (K)nights (0)f (Z)ion ].

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives