NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Repeal "Liberate Feudal Japan"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:32 am

Todd McCloud wrote:

Quite right. This was a good idea for those password invasions where a password was put into place immediately after the initial invasion. But now it's just becoming a tool to that the WA really should be quick to ignore. I mean, if this worked in the real UN (yeah, I'll make an analogy on that), what, would the UN have proposed a "Liberate Iraq" in which they remove the US's password from the nation?

OOC What on earth are you even saying here ?
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Learn more about the CSKU here - http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Urgench

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:24 am

Norhell wrote:Hi, I'm new. Why was Feudal Japan invaded in the first place? I'm just trying to get the whole story before casting my yays or nays.

To give a more accurate answer than Todd's:

I'd suggest reading through the debate on the original resolution, as the best way of learning more about the invasion of Feudal Japan. In particular, you can see for yourself that Hamagatama Zenshi is not a native, in his post here: viewtopic.php?p=469281#p469281 . That also happens to include proof that The KoZ is indeed a native (he is mentioned as the delegate prior to the invasion).

What happened since then, is that the Liberate Feudal Japan resolution was passed. After about a month of waiting, the region was then truly liberated, and the invaders kicked out (with the exception of Hamagatama Zenshi, only because The KoZ doesn't have enough influence yet).

The natives of Feudal Japan now desire to re-found their region, so that they will not live under the constant threat of invasion. In order to re-found, they need a password installed, so that they don't have invaders trying to take the region prior to re-founding.

If you want proof that the natives support this resolution, I'd suggest taking a visit to their forum (listed on the Feudal Japan World Factbook Entry), or simply looking at the proposer of the resolution - The KoZ, long-time native and Shogun of Feudal Japan.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:41 am

Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:47 am

You should be able to see the history of the edits of the page (including all the former versions of it). That quote has been there from the start.

New Rockport
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rockport » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:05 am

You might not have noticed, but I linked to the July 19, 2006 version of the page.
The Federal Republic of New Rockport

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:10 am

i think that feudal japan has deserved the right to be liberated.they got freed for a reason and i think if this issues doesn't end here this will get messy.i think that if we can just keep fudal japan liberated we might be able to stop a war breaking out.
World Cup 51 Qualifying
world cup of hockey 10:group stage
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying
Fustal world cup II:group stage
Pool world cup 1:Broomstone:2end place, Willkins: 2end round, Harvord: 2end round
Baptism of fire 36: round of 16
World cup 49: Qualifing
Burchandiger invitational cup 1: round of 16
Fustal world cup 3: Group Stage
Ebyria Regional Cup: 1st
Di Barandi cup 13: group stage
Womens World Cup 12: group stage

all hail ceiling cat
the last enemy that shall be defeated is death
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig
Ultimate Man united fan.
F7 minister of elimination games

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:14 am

You don't really understand, do you? The Liberation resolution only removes the ability to password the region, it doesn't actually 'liberate' (ie take the region off the invaders, so it can be returned to the natives). Now that the region has actually been liberated, so its in the hands of the natives again, they want to be able to password-protect it, to improve their security. The only danger of a war breaking out is if it is left without the ability to password-protect itself, which means the invaders will try to take over again.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 am

I suspect this is the culmination of Max's grand vision for the UN/WA when he founded it back in 2002: procedural votes on whether a region can have its password back?

Against.
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:18 am

Sedgistan wrote:You don't really understand, do you? The Liberation resolution only removes the ability to password the region, it doesn't actually 'liberate' (ie take the region off the invaders, so it can be returned to the natives). Now that the region has actually been liberated, so its in the hands of the natives again, they want to be able to password-protect it, to improve their security. The only danger of a war breaking out is if it is left without the ability to password-protect itself, which means the invaders will try to take over again.

wow the blind eyed and short view of some people astounds me
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying
Pool world cup 1:Broomstone:2end place, Willkins: 2end round, Harvord: 2end round

all hail ceiling cat
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig
Ultimate Man united fan.

The Sedge
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sedge » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:22 am

Andrewboy wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:You don't really understand, do you? The Liberation resolution only removes the ability to password the region, it doesn't actually 'liberate' (ie take the region off the invaders, so it can be returned to the natives). Now that the region has actually been liberated, so its in the hands of the natives again, they want to be able to password-protect it, to improve their security. The only danger of a war breaking out is if it is left without the ability to password-protect itself, which means the invaders will try to take over again.

wow the blind eyed and short view of some people astounds me

Well I wrote the original resolution, with this nation. Do you want to explain your opposition a bit better? Why do you want to deny the natives the ability to password-protect their region, now that they've finally reclaimed it after a 2 year struggle.

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 am

dont you see what this can become.the invaders will just try and liberate them again and if feudal japan does not manage to get rid of all the invaders theire befire this passes they are back to square 1
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying

all hail ceiling cat
Ultimate Man united fan.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:35 am

Well if they aren't allowed a password protection, then invaders will try and invade them again (not 'liberate' - thats what you do when you restore the region to native control). If this resolution passes, they can password-protect the region, and be safe from invasion forever - because the plan afterwards is to re-found. If you really think that invaders will try and pass a liberation resolution in-between this resolution passing (assuming it does), and the re-founding happening... then you should really think again. The WA is more educated than that (Condemn Nazi Europe aside :P ), and I highly doubt an invader-written resolution would pass.

EDIT: Also, there's only 1 invader left in Feudal Japan, I kicked out the rest. The last one will be gone soon.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:45 am

Oh come on Sedge, that's a cop-out and you know it. Does every region put up a password after it's been "liberated"? I think not, in fact a vast majority do not. Might crashers come back? Yeah, you basically made FJ one of the most highly political targets in recent Crasher history. Does that mean we'd win if you didn't have a password? Heh, not if you defenders do the job you claim to be so good at.

And lets be honest, passwords really don't prevent Crashers at all. I've been able to get through several passwords of high valued targets via deception and just sheer luck in the past. With all the crashers in NS, it only a matter of time until someone obtains that password and calls down hell on the region.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:48 am

Evil Wolf wrote:Oh come on Sedge, that's a cop-out and you know it. Does every region put up a password after it's been "liberated"? I think not, in fact a vast majority do not. Might crashers come back? Yeah, you basically made FJ one of the most highly political targets in recent Crasher history. Does that mean we'd win if you didn't have a password? Heh, not if you defenders do the job you claim to be so good at.

And lets be honest, passwords really don't prevent Crashers at all. I've been able to get through several passwords of high valued targets via deception and just sheer luck in the past. With all the crashers in NS, it only a matter of time until someone obtains that password and calls down hell on the region.

exactly. there is a bigger picture here
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying

all hail ceiling cat
Ultimate Man united fan.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:53 am

I'm trying to encourage Andrewboy to explain his opposition to this, which at the moment, he's not doing particularly well.

To answer Evil Wolf: No, not every region puts up a password, but obviously Feudal Japan is a target. The natives always knew that, and they'd always planned to re-found after being liberated. Us defenders can't afford to sit in the region forever - there are always other places being invaded. The only way they can be truly secure, is to re-found.

As for passwords not being entirely secure - you're correct there, but don't assume that Feudal Japan will make the same mistake. Since the password will not be shared with anyone, there's no chance it'll be leaked. Besides, the password would only be a short-term measure to enable re-founding. Once thats done, the region will be entirely secure. Of course, the repeal of my original resolution is necessary for this, hence why I am urging people to vote for the repeal.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am

The thing that annoys me the most about this is that, sure, Liberation Proposals are now part of the game play, but they have become a tool for defenders and for defenders only. As Sedge himself admitted, no Crasher could ever hope of getting a Liberation Proposal passed (and even if we did that target would instantly be watched by every defender in NS).

I know in the past there have been argument of Admin/Mod bias, and I don't really buy into that crap. But this was a mistake on the part of those who implemented the Liberation Proposals. They showed favoritism, even if it wasn't their original intent, and that really screws with the whole game dynamics.

No one likes griefers, that's a fact, but the way the Admins went about fixing it, by giving the game a tool that was clearly aimed at helping the defender side instead of coming up with a side-neutral fix, really doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:01 am

Well you can hardly expect the admins to implement something to help griefers? Besides, as argued before, these resolutions are made for the natives of regions targeted by griefers, not for defenders. It just happens that defenders side with the natives.

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:06 am

Sedgistan wrote:I'm trying to encourage Andrewboy to explain his opposition to this, which at the moment, he's not doing particularly well.

To answer Evil Wolf: No, not every region puts up a password, but obviously Feudal Japan is a target. The natives always knew that, and they'd always planned to re-found after being liberated. Us defenders can't afford to sit in the region forever - there are always other places being invaded. The only way they can be truly secure, is to re-found.

As for passwords not being entirely secure - you're correct there, but don't assume that Feudal Japan will make the same mistake. Since the password will not be shared with anyone, there's no chance it'll be leaked. Besides, the password would only be a short-term measure to enable re-founding. Once thats done, the region will be entirely secure. Of course, the repeal of my original resolution is necessary for this, hence why I am urging people to vote for the repeal.

can you be sue of that?no!you will never secure the region no matter what you do and it is to big a target to not be re-invaded/somebody will eventually get in and this will all start again.i thnk if this proposal passes it will just set soothing bigger up next time but if it doesn't feudal japan probalby will be invaded anyway but it wont be as big aso this matter will be out of the WA's mind and it can focous on bigger problems.
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying

all hail ceiling cat
Ultimate Man united fan.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:09 am

Your argument is factually incorrect - if the region was re-founded, the founder could just boot out any invaders.

However, added to that, you're saying that because there could be a future invasion, the region should be left as is, when there's an even bigger chance of an invasion now. I don't understand the logic.

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:10 am

i wouldn't expect you to
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying

all hail ceiling cat
Ultimate Man united fan.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:10 am

Why can't Feudal Japan just refound :( ? Do they really need a WASC resolution to manage this?
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:10 am

OK, well then explain it to me. How is it better to leave the region vulnerable to invasion now, just because the action we could otherwise take would still leave a minute chance of invasion?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:11 am

Cinistra wrote:Why can't Feudal Japan just refound :( ? Do they really need a WASC resolution to manage this?

Because re-founding without a password is suicidal - you have to empty out all the nations (which takes time), so invaders could move in when there's only a few left.

Andrewboy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:11 am

Cinistra wrote:Why can't Feudal Japan just refound :( ? Do they really need a WASC resolution to manage this?

that pretty much rounds up the explanation
World Cup 51 Qualifying
Coh 42 Quarter Finals
World Cup 50 qualyifying

all hail ceiling cat
Ultimate Man united fan.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives