NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Yohannes

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

[PASSED] Commend Yohannes

Postby Maltropia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:45 am

Commend Yohannes

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Yohannes | Proposed by: Maltropia

The Security Council,
Noting the reputation of Yohannes as a nation epitomising neutrality and diplomacy, and that it maintains a stabilising presence in ten regions including Ellorea, Gholgoth and Greater Dienstad via its overseas territories;

Further noting that Yohannes' foreign policy and extensive overseas relations create a network of strong diplomatic ties, which dissuade war and promote peace and commerce, and realising that currently over 500 embassies are hosted in the Empire[1];

Acknowledging the willingness of Yohannes' government to conduct peace talks and to engage freely in diplomacy with other nations, as well as the generosity of the imperial treasury towards nations it considers less fortunate, including, but not limited to, donations to countries enduring crises such as that afflicting Panzara, wherin the treasury donated the sum of 756,000,000,000 Universal Standard Dollars to the Panzaran government[2];

Admiring Yohannes' strong opposition towards slavery;

Approving of the fact that Yohannes is a signatory of the Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man[3], a slavery-prohibiting document, as well as being deeply committed diplomatically and financially to the World Anti-Slavery Organization;

Recognising Yohannes' establishment of the Sovereign League, an international organisation which aims to empower those nations which may suffer from having a first language other than English, and to provide a platform for trade and diplomacy among such nations, promote the teaching of other members' languages at university level and preserve "its member-nations' respective cultures, history, linguistic traits as well as traditions"[4];

Aware of the importance of many Yohannesian firms as major exporters and market-defining institutions with significant influence within the global economy, including the "Big Four" of Yohannes' corporate and industrial companies:
  • VMK Defence & Steel Works, which has defined the perception of modern armoured vehicles, selling products to an export base of over 300 nations and investing across more than 400 nations[5],
  • Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild, furthering interregional trade by providing overseas commercial shipping, and a firm which has been noted for its generosity to such aid organisations as the Santherese Humanitarian Society, to which it donated 8 Ardfontein-class multi-purpose vessels to assist in the Society's selfless efforts,
  • Yohannesische Börse AG, among the largest international stock exchanges, providing listings of numerous major corporations and selling stock, bonds and commodities, and which, due to its strong importance for the international community, is the model for many other stock exchanges, and
  • Yohannesische Bundesbank, the monetary authority of, and largest financial institution in, the Empire of Yohannes, which provides banking services to many of the world's major firms and governments and has a presence in over one hundred nations, in addition to acting in a capacity as monetary aid and donor to countless nations of the international community[6],
and recognising the importance of these, and other, Yohannesian institutions to innumerable international businesses, noting the vital roles fulfilled by these firms in the furthering of international commerce;

Believing Yohannes to be a positive example to the entire world;

Hereby commends Yohannes.

Co-authored by Milograd and Unibot III.

This draft has been abandoned for OOC reasons.

Commend Yohannes

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Yohannes | Proposed by: Maltropia

The Security Council,
Noting that the Empire of Yohannes has a well-established reputation on the international stage as a nation epitomising neutrality and diplomacy, and that by virtue of its overseas territories maintains a stabilising presence in regions such as Adrastos, the Cornellian Empire, Ellorea, Gholgoth, Greater Dienstad, Lucerna, Minyang, Pardes Elion and Sondria[1];

Further noting that Yohannes' foreign trade policies and extensive overseas relations create a network of strong ties, serving to dissuade war and to promote peace and commerce, and realising that at present more than 400 embassies are hosted by the Imperial government[3];

Acknowledging the willingness of the Yohannesian government to conduct peaceful talks and to engage freely in diplomacy with other nations, as well as the generosity of the imperial treasury towards those nations it considers less fortunate than itself, including, but not limited to, donations to countries enduring crises such as that afflicting Panzara, wherein the treasury donated the sum of seven hundred and fifty-six billion Universal Standard Dollars to the Panzaran govenment[2];

Praising the nation for its generosity when, following the end of the Yohannesian monarchy with the death of King Aurel III, the overseas Colonial Empire was dissolved and full independence granted to those constituent countries which had previously composed the Yohannesian Crown Commonwealth Realms[4];

Admiring Yohannes' strong opposition towards slavery and approving of the fact that the nation is a signatory of the Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man, a slavery-prohibiting document[5], as well as being deeply committed, both diplomatically and financially, to the World Anti-Slavery Organization [6];

Recognising Yohannes' establishment of the Sovereign League[7], an international organisation which aims to empower those nations which may suffer from having a first language other than English, and to:
  • provide a platform for trade and diplomacy among such nations,
  • promote the teaching of other members' languages at university level and
  • preserve "its member-nations' respective cultures, history, linguistic traits as well as traditions";

Aware of the significance of many Yohannesian firms as major international exporters and market-defining institutions with significant influence within the global economy, including such firms as the "Big Four" of Yohannes' multi-national corporate and industrial companies:
  • VMK Defence & Steel Works[8], the agglomeration of Yohannes' largest defence and engineering companies, which has defined the perception of modern armoured vehicles everywhere, selling its products to an export base of over 300 nations and spreading its investment across more than 400 nations,
  • Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild[9], the collective assembly of Yohannes' five largest ship-building firms, jointly producing 90% of the nation's ship-construction contracts and exports and furthering the development of interregional trade by the provision of overseas commercial shipping, and a firm which has been noted for its generosity to such aid organisations as the Santherese Humanitarian Society, to which it donated 8 Ardfontein-class multi-purpose icebreaking, logistics, research and development vessels to assist in the Society's selfless efforts[10],
  • Yohannesische Börse AG[11], among the largest international stock exchanges, which provides listings of numerous major corporations and sells their stock, government bonds and commodities, and which, due to its strong importance for the international community, is the model for a number of other stock exchanges, and
  • Yohannesische Bundesbank[12], the monetary authority of, and largest financial institution in, the Empire of Yohannes, which provides banking services to many of the world's major firms and governments and has a presence in over one hundred nations, in addition to acting in a capacity as monetary aid and donor to countless nations of the international community,
and recognising the importance of these, and other, Yohannesian institutions to any number of international businesses, noting the vital roles fulfilled by these firms in the furthering of international commerce;

Acknowledging that the Empire of Yohannes is not a member of the World Assembly, but nonetheless believing it to be a positive example to the entire world;

This next spoiler is the original draft.
The Maltropian delegate stands up, clears his throat loudly and for some time, and reads out the text of the following draft:

The Security Council,

Noting that the Empire of Yohannes has a well-established reputation on the international stage as a nation epitomising neutrality;

Acknowledging Yohannes' willingness to conduct peaceful talks and to engage in diplomacy freely;

Further noting that Yohannes' foreign trade policies and extensive overseas relations create a network of strong ties, serving to dissuade war and to promote peace and commerce, and realising that at present more than 400 embassies are hosted by the Imperial government[1];

Observing Yohannes' strong opposition towards slavery and approving of the fact that the nation is a signatory of the Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man, a slavery-prohibiting document[2] [3];

Recognising Yohannes' establishment of the Sovereign League[4], an international organisation aimed towards empowering nations which may suffer from having a first language other than English and providing a platform for trade and diplomacy;

Aware of the significance of many Yohannesian firms as exporters to hundreds of nations[5], as well as the importance of the nation's financial institutions[6] and stock exchanges[7] for any number of international businesses, and noting the vital roles fulfilled by these firms in the furthering of international commerce;

Acknowledging that the Empire of Yohannes is not a member of the World Assembly, but nonetheless believing it to be a positive example to the entire world;

Reading completed, he remains standing and continues to speak.

"Fellow Delegates, I thank you for your time. This is, as you may be aware, the first draft we have put forward in this Council, and I realise it may not be the best you have seen to this date. I ask for your critiques and your criticisms, and hope that you may help in making this a commendation we can all gladly pass."

Sources:
(Note: The numbers have nothing to do with the numbers in the actual proposal. It just looks neater this way.)

1. Sovereign League
  2. Government investment proposal
  3. Her Imperial Majesty's Foreign & Trade Office
  4. Eduard Heir seeks Yohannesian citizenship
  5. Letter to Doomingsland
  6. VMK Defence & Steel Works
  7. viewtopic.php?p=10147328#p10147328
  8. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=188873
  9. Yohannesische Bundesbank
  10. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=75306&p=10424188#p10424188
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=75306&p=10147553#p10147553
  11. Donation to World Anti-Slavery Organisation of US$100,000,000,000,000.00.
  12. Donation by Royal Beaufort of 8 Ardfontein-class multi-purpose icebreaking, logistics, Research and Development vessels.
  13. End of the Yohannesian monarchy: Yohannes gives independence to all those previously subjugated in the overseas Colonial Empire
  14. Factbook of Yohannes
  15. Royal Beaufort Shipwrights guild
Last edited by Maltropia on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:04 am, edited 32 times in total.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Malagawi
Attaché

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Malagawi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 am

Against. Yohannes is, if I recall correctly, incredibly racist ICly. :-/

edit: For the record, I like Yohannes OOCly.
Last edited by Malagawi on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
13:51 milograd i don't understand the appeal of NSG, 1000 cats rly shouldn't exist
13:52 kathryn also guys i am an dendrophile just fyi
13:52 kathryn worst days are when i wake up from sleeping find myself standing in front of this hawt oak
13:52 kathryn picking splinters out of my willy

Stedicules
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stedicules » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:52 am

a lot of people do this. so you should just go ahead and commend everyone.

but i <3 you yohannes.
DOMINATED BY OBSESSION OF POWER AND LUST, LED BY UNWRITTEN RULES FROM CLINICAL BIRTH TO CLINICAL DEATH. ASK THE EPITHET OF GOD! IT STILL IS DECEPTION, NO IDEOLOGY, NO PROGRESS; NOTHING. THE WORLD IS SMOTHERED IN ABSURDITY.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:53 am

I would like to say that this totally caught me by surprise; what I roleplayed throughout the roleplay forums were not in light of wanting to expand myself out of the immediate roleplay centric section of NationStates (which is what this thread is about). However, Maltropia did ask for my prior permission to this thread, and I have given him the permission to do as he want to.

Malagawi wrote:Against. Yohannes is, if I recall correctly, incredibly racist ICly. :-/

edit: For the record, I like Yohannes OOCly.

That was the previous First Monarchy Yohannes.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:56 am

Stedicules wrote:a lot of people do this. so you should just go ahead and commend everyone.

Not many people run four of the largest storefronts in GE&T simultaneously. That;s distinction enough, I say. ;)

Thoguh there was an attempt at commending Everyone at one point; I was particularly happy, because I own that nation. :p
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 pm

It's very meh for an RP proposal. If you could add more substance, I would do so. RP condemnations are much more common than RP commendations. In fact, the last RP commendation I can even find would be SC#70, which was basically for writing a lot of GA proposals and being involved in the WA, not even so much IC RP. I don't think this is enough material at this time to garner my approval nor my vote, but if you could beef up the proposal a little more, I would be on board, as it's a good draft if not lacking substance.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:It's very meh for an RP proposal. If you could add more substance, I would do so. RP condemnations are much more common than RP commendations. In fact, the last RP commendation I can even find would be SC#70, which was basically for writing a lot of GA proposals and being involved in the WA, not even so much IC RP. I don't think this is enough material at this time to garner my approval nor my vote, but if you could beef up the proposal a little more, I would be on board, as it's a good draft if not lacking substance.

I'll have to sift through 8000 posts then, I guess, and hope I don't miss the commendation material. That'd be awkward. :?

Would it be worthwhile to mention specific storefronts of Yohannes', rather than leaving it at a vague reference? I realise that businesses are separate to the country, but as they're based in Yohannes would it still be appropriate to go in here?

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Maltropia wrote:I'll have to sift through 8000 posts then, I guess, and hope I don't miss the commendation material. That'd be awkward. :?

I think it would be worth the time to craft a quality proposal. Even looking quickly at the last two RP proposals to pass, you can see how much material you need to get by the regulars here. Don't be discouraged by that, as I'm sure there's plenty of material worthy of making a condemnation out of, but I would advise not to rush to submit this. I drafted AMOM's commendation for three months before getting it submission-worthy.

Maltropia wrote:Would it be worthwhile to mention specific storefronts of Yohannes', rather than leaving it at a vague reference? I realise that businesses are separate to the country, but as they're based in Yohannes would it still be appropriate to go in here?

Perhaps not all of them, but focusing on important and/or extremely active ones would be a good idea, IMHO.

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:24 pm

I think this could be a great proposal. It just needs more beef. Pick out key points and expand upon them first and formost. Then top it off with some of the more mundane accomplishments. Yes these took effort and time but does the common man care?...probably not. Make it flashy.

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:58 pm

As a fellow RPer, one hundred percent in support. Yohannes most definitely deserves the commendation.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Stedicules
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stedicules » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Maltropia wrote:
Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:It's very meh for an RP proposal. If you could add more substance, I would do so. RP condemnations are much more common than RP commendations. In fact, the last RP commendation I can even find would be SC#70, which was basically for writing a lot of GA proposals and being involved in the WA, not even so much IC RP. I don't think this is enough material at this time to garner my approval nor my vote, but if you could beef up the proposal a little more, I would be on board, as it's a good draft if not lacking substance.

I'll have to sift through 8000 posts then, I guess, and hope I don't miss the commendation material. That'd be awkward. :?

Would it be worthwhile to mention specific storefronts of Yohannes', rather than leaving it at a vague reference? I realise that businesses are separate to the country, but as they're based in Yohannes would it still be appropriate to go in here?

look at amom's commend the joint systems alliance proposal.

that's a perfect example of an rp proposal that passed successfully.

long live the jsa o/
DOMINATED BY OBSESSION OF POWER AND LUST, LED BY UNWRITTEN RULES FROM CLINICAL BIRTH TO CLINICAL DEATH. ASK THE EPITHET OF GOD! IT STILL IS DECEPTION, NO IDEOLOGY, NO PROGRESS; NOTHING. THE WORLD IS SMOTHERED IN ABSURDITY.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

The following is a list of threads/posts I need to find some way to work in. :blink: I've almost finished a redraft of the original post minus these links, aside from the fact that this will probably render a lot of that pointless. A professional WAer's help with all this would be very much (read as "co-author") appreciated.

EDIT: Removed the list and dumped it into the OP as "sources", though technically they're not yet.
Last edited by Maltropia on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Dahm, beaten to the punch. I approached Yohannes about commending her last night and was already building my citations. Oh well. We had a fun roleplay planned to do around the roleplay too. Hmpf.
Last edited by Unibot II on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:00 pm

OOC: Yeah, she's one fine little kiwi. Endorsed!

IC:

Princess Mara Obed: Omigosh, they're such nice people! Ya, totally yes, why even think about it???
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Tarsas
Minister

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tarsas » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 pm

The Tarsan delegate stood. "I commend this resolution and will cast my yes vote." He looked at the Edomite delegate. "Also, when did we start letting bimbos in?"
Last edited by Tarsas on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Soviet Socialist Republic
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Soviet Socialist Republic » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:09 pm

:clap:

Wow! I have RPed with Yohannes a bit in the Diplomacy forum, he is a good RPer. He surely deserves a commendation.
Gay and Proudand also a brony
Political Compass:Left: 7.76, Authoritarian: 5.6
I am: Fascist/Corporatist on economy,
Conservative on social issues(Support same sex marriage),
Anti secularist on religion,
Anti-Republican on government,
Interventionist/Imperialist on international issues

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 pm

The Spherian Delegation nodded, "Yes, I also support this. The Empire is a great ally that deserves such recognition."

The older man glared at the Edomite Princess, "Please do keep your squeals down to a dull roar. I fear I lost all hearing in my right ear..."

The United Soviet Socialist Republic wrote::clap:

Wow! I have RPed with Yohannes a bit in the Diplomacy forum, he is a good RPer. He surely deserves a commendation.

Yoh is a girl. Just sayin.
Official Council Member and Russian BAMF of Fall of Gods RP
Jacob Alexander King, Archon of the Earth Sphere Coalition and Overlord of Western Quootar
Earth Sphere Coalition Factbook
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 5

The United Soviet Socialist Republic
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Soviet Socialist Republic » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:The Spherian Delegation nodded, "Yes, I also support this. The Empire is a great ally that deserves such recognition."

The older man glared at the Edomite Princess, "Please do keep your squeals down to a dull roar. I fear I lost all hearing in my right ear..."

The United Soviet Socialist Republic wrote::clap:

Yoh is a girl. Just sayin.

Oh my bad. I always seem to get genders confused, espesially with people I only RP with and dont generally chat with in General.
Gay and Proudand also a brony
Political Compass:Left: 7.76, Authoritarian: 5.6
I am: Fascist/Corporatist on economy,
Conservative on social issues(Support same sex marriage),
Anti secularist on religion,
Anti-Republican on government,
Interventionist/Imperialist on international issues

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:21 pm

[OOC: Creeeepy, I was considering drafting a proposal like this myself recently. OOCly I wouldn't be the NSer or RPer I am today without Yohannes and she well and truly deserves to be commended for OOC merits alone.

And I'm not just saying that because I found out she's also a New Zealander....]

IC:

Kurt Demodand, a little nervous from being in a room with Princess Mara of New Edom for the first time since that night, stood to address the delegation.

"Honourable delegates may I take this opportunity to say that, though seperated by vast oceans, the Empire of Yohannes has been a great friend to the Radiatian Federation, and to the world.

"Yohannes has from the very beginning been one of our key trading partners, being among those nations whose businesses were the first to reach Radiatia all those years ago, following the fall of communism.

"Likewise, we have co-operated to some extent in the field of the military. While we are both neutral countries, Yohannes has shared many military technologies with Radiatia, and has made it clear that we share the same interests abroad diplomatically.

"I am sure I am not alone in saying that it would be remiss of the Security Council not to commend Yohannes, and therefore I from the bottom of my own heart, and on behalf of the people of Radiatia do hereby support this resolution and we urge those nations sitting on the fence to join us in the commendation of one of the greatest members of the international community."

He sat down, following his speech and attempted to appear too busy in paperwork to make eye contact with Princess Mara, a person for whom he was yet to decide how he felt.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Yohannes definitely deserves this commendation. Yohannes is an amazing roleplayer, she's good at Photoshop, and she's really nice :D

She's also helped numerous players on how to RP as a Roleplay Mentor.
Last edited by Arumdaum on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 am

Unibot II wrote:Dahm, beaten to the punch. I approached Yohannes about commending her last night and was already building my citations. Oh well. We had a fun roleplay planned to do around the roleplay too. Hmpf.

OOC: Maybe Yohannes deserves a second commendation? Hmm?

IC:
The Maltropian delegate grinned more and more broadly as various representatives praised Yohannes. He then replied to them all in general.

"It is most gratifying, indeed, most gratifying, to see such praise for Yohannes. I would deeply appreciate it if you could direct such enthusiasm into assisting with the drafting of this resolution. I am delighted to have had it so well-received thus far, but I doubt this draft will ever make it to being a first-class commendation without your assistance. Again, I thank you all for your attention."

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:53 am

Full support, nothing less.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:57 am

Out-of-Character: Though this is most obviously a bit more of an I.C. commendation, I believe Yohannes deserves the support of this for her out-of-character assistance within the roleplaying community alone. It's very rarely - when she's available - when I do not see her assisting newer players, and even older players, who have either asked for her opinion or perspective on both pressing issues and the more creative aspects of the game.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Commend Yohannes? What dirty Bolshevist came up with this idea? Oh no-no, this won't do at all... o.q

In all seriousness, and monocle aside, I will give my full support to this proposal. As Kyrusia has rightly stated - whenever Yohannes does have the time to be online she is most likely helping another player, new or old, or she is putting a considerable amount of work into her storefronts or factbook. And by the quality and commitment to those alone, alongside what she can execute occasionally in NationStates or International Incidents, she is definitely a person who deserves commendation for her efforts.

And here's a fun fact for the day, boys and girls: If this is submitted and passes, Yohannes will be the first commended member of Gholgoth. Just thought I'd mention :P
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:29 am

Kylarnatia wrote:And here's a fun fact for the day, boys and girls: If this is submitted and passes, Yohannes will be the first commended member of Gholgoth. Just thought I'd mention :P

A Gholgothic nation commended? Disgusting! I shall remove this draft from the floor post-haste.

:p

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives