NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Biomedical Innovation Organization

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:18 pm

I, Vinage v. Grey-Anumia will be voting AYE on this act after a 4/0 internal vote decided such action. As with most of the 'Month of Mouse' proposals, we were privy to seeing them before and debating them internally before.

Go you!

Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:09 am

(OOC: For the record, of the 8,381 votes cast thus far, 2,597 (30.99%) belong to the top ten delegates, and 3,708 (44.24%) belong to individual nations. Ananke II alone is 10.93% of the vote. Just something this chart got me thinking about :-)

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Oppose. This resolution constitutes WA sponsorship of embryonic stem cell research.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Universal explorers
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Universal explorers » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm curious, how much red tape will this add to the already tangled webbing of WA decisions? The introduction of a new council seems to be a waste. How about instead, you add the responsibilities that the proposed council would have and instead placing it in an already existent council or board? Unless you make it so I don't have to worry about checking with the council for every medical decision, me and the people I represent are unable to support this.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:27 am

Universal explorers wrote:I'm curious, how much red tape will this add to the already tangled webbing of WA decisions? The introduction of a new council seems to be a waste. How about instead, you add the responsibilities that the proposed council would have and instead placing it in an already existent council or board? Unless you make it so I don't have to worry about checking with the council for every medical decision, me and the people I represent are unable to support this.

I admit to being somewhat confused by this statement. Why would you need to "[check] with the council for every medical decision" ? There are two "councils" that are created by this piece of legislation. BIO has to do with research - they don't need to be checked with for medical decisions in everyday life within your nation. BEO is an educational outreach organization - they also don't need to be checked with for every medical decision.

So, I guess your concerns have been resolved, unless your concerns were about something different ...
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Previous

Return to WA Archives