NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Liberate Christmas

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Shemiki wrote:Because that one native is the only one who has spoken up so far, so he/she represents them all.

Nothing is stopping the other natives from chiming in, and don't you think it's a bit early to make that call when there's 3 days left in the vote?
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Shemiki wrote:
Jamie Anumia wrote:Showing such bias and dislike towards raiders discredits your argument.
- WA Ambassador - Treacle Smith -

Why should one native represent a whole region?

1. It just shows I feel strongly on the issue.
2. Because that one native is the only one who has spoken up so far, so he/she represents them all.

How is your 2nd point fair? It almost suggests the other natives opinions don't matter, especially when only 1 has stated support for the liberation.

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:47 pm

and as you can see, Ambroscus Koth, you are like the only supporter for your self! so why not give it up! everyone on here supports the "rebellion"!
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Shemiki
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shemiki » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Wow, you guys made my point for me. Until other natives speak up, Lebuckte represents the natives of Christmas. You're right: there are three days left, and I am eager to hear opinions from more natives that may or may not have been ejected by Asgard.

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Shemiki wrote:Wow, you guys made my point for me. Until other natives speak up, Lebuckte represents the natives of Christmas. You're right: there are three days left, and I am eager to hear opinions from more natives that may or may not have been ejected by Asgard.

Yet until that happens, you want to save the region based on the opinion of just one native. How very reasonable. Why aren't you asking other natives?

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:52 pm

United States of Natan wrote:and as you can see, Ambroscus Koth, you are like the only supporter for your self! so why not give it up! everyone on here supports the "rebellion"!

Liberate Christmas
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region
For: 2,059. Against: 2,500.
Voting ends in 3 days 4 hours.

Not so much.

Shemiki
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shemiki » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Jamie Anumia wrote:
Shemiki wrote:Wow, you guys made my point for me. Until other natives speak up, Lebuckte represents the natives of Christmas. You're right: there are three days left, and I am eager to hear opinions from more natives that may or may not have been ejected by Asgard.

Yet until that happens, you want to save the region based on the opinion of just one native. How very reasonable. Why aren't you asking other natives?

No other natives have spoken up. If they don't, they don't. I'm not going to force them.

Shemiki
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shemiki » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
United States of Natan wrote:well dont invade a region!!!!!!! it is rude, especially if there is no government! you guys, in the future, should simply just ask to become the government to help them get back on track if they have no government!

And then let all our work go to waste if it is invaded by a different region? It's founderless and therefore insecure, any government that could be established in Christmas could possibly get thrown out the window if control was taken away from the WA delegate.

So you have been appointed the police of the world? Come on, your ejecting natives, it's a total raid.

EDIT: And give examples of previous raids of Christmas. Since May 2011 there have been three Delegates, not to sure if they were even raider, and none lasted more than a week.
Last edited by Shemiki on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
United States of Natan wrote:and as you can see, Ambroscus Koth, you are like the only supporter for your self! so why not give it up! everyone on here supports the "rebellion"!

Liberate Christmas

Not so much.

I meant on the forums. i have seen almost nobody post that they think Asgard should keep its control! your proving my point.
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:05 pm

United States of Natan wrote:I meant on the forums. i have seen almost nobody post that they think Asgard should keep its control! your proving my point.

I don't see any problem with an active community like Asgard keeping "control" of the region. :eyebrow: Sign me up for that list, I suppose.

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
United States of Natan wrote:I meant on the forums. i have seen almost nobody post that they think Asgard should keep its control! your proving my point.

I don't see any problem with an active community like Asgard keeping "control" of the region. :eyebrow: Sign me up for that list, I suppose.

The ambassador from Jamie Anumia couldn't agree more.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Shemiki wrote:
Ambroscus Koth wrote:
And then let all our work go to waste if it is invaded by a different region? It's founderless and therefore insecure, any government that could be established in Christmas could possibly get thrown out the window if control was taken away from the WA delegate.

So you have been appointed the police of the world? Come on, your ejecting natives, it's a total raid.

EDIT: And give examples of previous raids of Christmas. Since May 2011 there have been three Delegates, not to sure if they were even raider, and none lasted more than a week.

Prior to our occupation, I think 9 days to be exact, a raid by god knows who was stopped by a defense force I'm not aware of. I only know this because I saw a bunch of defenders leaving in the regional happenings on July 4th, if anyone has something to add please do. I don't want to be called a liar again.

Zintai
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Zintai » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:We are offering the region new life, a community that everyone is welcome in, Christmas time or otherwise.

And the only native to give a clear opinion on the issue has rejected that offer. What do you say to that? Are you claiming that your opinion on what's right for the region is more important or more valuable than that of the natives? Or are you abandoning your plans?
Last edited by Zintai on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Zintai wrote:And the only native to speak out on the issue has rejected that offer. What do you say to that? Are you claiming that your opinion on what's right for the region is more important or more valuable than that of the natives? Or are you abandoning your plans?

I'm willing to bet that native was coerced by Mahaj and his post possible written by him, if that makes a difference.

Zintai
Lobbyist

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Zintai » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:I'm willing to bet that native was coerced by Mahaj and his post possible written by him, if that makes a difference.

You can't prove that. And even if you could, would the native have posted something that he or she disagreed with?

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Zintai wrote:You can't prove that. And even if you could, would the native have posted something that he or she disagreed with?

No, I can't, which I why I didn't state it as a fact. But yes, if Mahaj/any other UDL member was basing the entire crux of their argument on one tiny post from one native of the region in question, then yes, said native might post just to help the righteous cause here/be of assistance to their dashing liberator. Phhhh.

Vitius
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:22 pm

United States of Natan wrote:
Ambroscus Koth wrote:
Liberate Christmas

Not so much.

I meant on the forums. i have seen almost nobody post that they think Asgard should keep its control! your proving my point.

Actually, I'm against liberation. So you should also put me up on that list.
Bambi Praxis wrote:
4years wrote:Hitler was worse, but I hate stalin more.

Maintain the rage! Spell the bastard's name without a capital letter, that will settle the score!
Proud Reform Jew

Zintai
Lobbyist

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Zintai » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:No, I can't, which I why I didn't state it as a fact. But yes, if Mahaj/any other UDL member was basing the entire crux of their argument on one tiny post from one native of the region in question, then yes, said native might post just to help the righteous cause here/be of assistance to their dashing liberator. Phhhh.

But again, if that's the case, that still means that the native agrees with the liberation. People don't post things that they completely disagree with just because someone asked nicely.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Zintai wrote:But again, if that's the case, that still means that the native agrees with the liberation. People don't post things that they completely disagree with just because someone asked nicely.

That's completely unfounded and just as unprovable as my previous claim, if not less so. People say things they don't mean all the time to appease others.

EDIT: And Mahaj can be very persuading.
Last edited by Skyrim Diplomacy on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:EDIT: And Mahaj can be very persuading.

Yeah, especially when he fills a mass telegram full of lies about my region and sends it to hundreds of people.

Zintai
Lobbyist

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Zintai » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:That's completely unfounded and just as unprovable as my previous claim, if not less so. People say things they don't mean all the time to appease others.

So in short, yes, you do believe that the opinion of Asgard on what to do with the region is more informed and correct than that of the natives.

You could have just said so.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Zintai wrote:
Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:That's completely unfounded and just as unprovable as my previous claim, if not less so. People say things they don't mean all the time to appease others.

So in short, yes, you do believe that the opinion of Asgard on what to do with the region is more informed and correct than that of the natives.

We haven't even heard from more than 2 of the natives. Then again, there are still 4 nations in Christmas that are all puppets of the same guy, so hopefully we can at least pull someone else out of the woodwork who gives a crap.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Zintai wrote:So in short, yes, you do believe that the opinion of Asgard on what to do with the region is more informed and correct than that of the natives.

Remind me where I said that, please. What I did say is that I don't think that an active community like Asgard has injected will hurt the region in question in any way, in fact, it may help revitalize the region.

Zintai
Lobbyist

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Zintai » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:We haven't even heard from more than 2 of the natives. Then again, there are still 4 nations in Christmas that are all puppets of the same guy, so hopefully we can at least pull someone else out of the woodwork who gives a crap.

And out of curiosity, what if more showed up and were also in favor of staying founderless and being left alone? Would Asgard leave willingly?

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Zintai wrote:And out of curiosity, what if more showed up and were also in favor of staying founderless and being left alone? Would Asgard leave willingly?

The region is a known puppet-dump, so no, personally, that would not be motivation enough for me to leave were I part of the forces there.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives