NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Prevention of Child Abuse

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Quelesh wrote:
Linux and the X wrote:We find that all works have artistic merit of some sort, even if that merit is only as a demonstration of what not to do. We have also chosen to ban any works without artistic merit, but have defined no punishment.

I admit that I am not nearly as familiar with Luxian law as you are, but it seems to me like that shouldn't be necessary. The clause in question only refers to images that depict "child abuse," and a "child" is defined as being a person younger than the threshold of majority. Isn't the Luxian age of majority 0?

We opted to pass a law to express where this resolution may be stuck.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Previous

Return to WA Archives