NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Child Protection Act"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 am

I, Vinage v. Grey-Anumia, will be voting AYE on this vote after 5/1 internal vote decided said action. We will be doing the smart thing and looking to introduce the new version of this Act locally before the World Assembly comes round to it to showcase to the World Assembly the vast improvements. That is.... if a case like this appears in the next few days. Unlikely to happen but... you never know.

*most of this message comes while bites of Mousebumples cheese was being eaten. Bribes work well guys :P*
Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Universal explorers
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Universal explorers » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 am

Against. The complaint that is filed against clause three means that the person who wants this repealed would want them to be removed from the parent even if the child doesn't wish to leave their parents. I believe that the child should have free choice in whether they would prefer to stay with their parents despite their faults or become up for adoption. My biggest fear is what would be proposed to replace it, not the repeal itself because what would replace it that would be as effective? I know I'm in the minority about this but my nation and it's population are happy with things as they are.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 am

Universal explorers wrote:Against. The complaint that is filed against clause three means that the person who wants this repealed would want them to be removed from the parent even if the child doesn't wish to leave their parents. I believe that the child should have free choice in whether they would prefer to stay with their parents despite their faults or become up for adoption. My biggest fear is what would be proposed to replace it, not the repeal itself because what would replace it that would be as effective? I know I'm in the minority about this but my nation and it's population are happy with things as they are.

*cough* Proposed replacement *cough*
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Vincetinople
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vincetinople » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:26 am

I voted against this measure. The only sure thing this bill will achieve is the repeal of the earlier bill. Promises of fixing it later are promises that cannot be guaranteed.
His Imperial and Sacred Majesty, President Vince Pac, Sultan of Sultans, Khan of Khans, Prime Minister of Prime Ministers, President of Presidents
Republic of Vincetinople
The Land of Kings and Emperors

Discoveria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:51 am

Vincetinople wrote:I voted against this measure. The only sure thing this bill will achieve is the repeal of the earlier bill. Promises of fixing it later are promises that cannot be guaranteed.

"What a quaint little argument that applies to every possible repeal! It's adorably simplistic!" said Matthew sarcastically.
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

Indigo Seas
Attaché

Founded: Sep 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Indigo Seas » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:12 am

Wisconsin9 wrote:We will support this, on the condition that a replacement is drafted and we believe it has the support necessary to pass through the Assembly. 'Tis better to have it poorly regulated than not at all.

IndigoSeas is against for this reason. This bill is better than nothing.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:30 am

Indigo Seas wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:We will support this, on the condition that a replacement is drafted and we believe it has the support necessary to pass through the Assembly. 'Tis better to have it poorly regulated than not at all.

IndigoSeas is against for this reason. This bill is better than nothing.

:roll:
"You do realise that this repeal wouldn't force any nation to repeal its own laws on the subject, hrright? Hrright?
Or would your homeland actually have
"nothing" covering this matter without the resolution?"

Artorrios o SouthWoods,
ChairBear, Bears Armed Mission at the World Assembly.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:56 am

Yes, there will be a period of eight days (estimated) where you will have to rely on (gasp) your OWN laws to handle this topic. We repeal because there are flaws that cannot be fixed due to the no amendments/contradictions rule, and we look forward to seeing the replacement enacted.
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

New Tarajan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2012

Postby New Tarajan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:10 pm

In the opinion of the delegate of New Tarajan, the question discussed is of capital importance.
After an accurate reading of both the Resolution in question and the Repeal, we have noted that:

1) The objection the repeal addresses to the resolution about the Clause 3 is, in our opinion, unfounded, since the Clause affirms the children has the RIGHT, and not the DUTY, to remain with his/her actual parents or guardians, and clearly prohibits this option in case of violations of the previous clauses.

2) However, we agree with the position of the repeal about the definition of child as stated in the preamble of the resolution. The definition is too vague and ambigous and left too much freedom to the single State to decide as it prefers about the legal age of its citizens.

Finally, believing this second thing too important to be left as it actually is, although recognizing the great importance of the resolution, the Kingdom of New Tarajan VOTE FOR this repeal, hoping that a more clear and strict regulation by the WA will follow as soon as possibile.
Federal Aristocratic Kingdom of New Tarajan
Proud Founder and Secretary General of the SECURS
Minister for Foreign Alliances of the Anti-Terror Pact; Report Officer of the Committee of Genocide Reports and Notifications; Member of the International Red Cross & Peace Corps of NationStates; Member of the United Regions; Member of the Organization for Economic Advancement
Count Carl August Van Hoenkel
Baroness Augustine Van Geldern

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 pm

I apologize for the delay in making this statement, but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported both this repeal effort - and all of my other recent proposal and repeal endeavors. Together, we truly are working to improve the legislation that we abide to, as a part of this assembly.

I appreciate your assistance more than I can really put into words, but I'm afraid that I will be taking a short leave from this Assembly as I work to renew my enthusiasm and idea process going forward.

Of course, the Mousebumplonian office will remain open in the interim, and I hope that one of my assistants will be able to step up during my short-term absence should they be called upon.

Thankfully yours,
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives