NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Warzone Codger

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Mon May 21, 2012 12:11 am

Treehall wrote:With some of the stupidest citizens, I think not.

I’m not voting for stupid.

That has to be the most petty reason to vote against a commend/condemn I have ever seen. Congratulations :roll:
Heeding the Call, One and For All: UDL

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Mon May 21, 2012 11:12 am

Sad

The only people who will discuss a commendation anymore are the trolls who want to argue about something.

Enlighten me. What is worthy of Commendation if not for recognition of a job well done.

Furthermore, I say let the voting decide whether it is deserving. I got the proposal to resolution stage; I leave the rest to the community of the world. There are enough people out there familiar with the accomplishments of Codger that this resolution will pass on its own inertia.

Evidence? What is evidence of being consistently exemplary? It is easy to provide evidence of wrong-doing but can you find any in this case? Perhaps it's that lack of foul play that makes this resolution so compelling. It is nearly impossible to provide evidence of consistent civic-mindedness and good intention, save for the void of evidence to the contrary.

And to anyone who believes this proposal was self-serving as hinted at before, ask yourself, "What did The Great Destruction have to gain?". The answer is nothing. I had to put in real effort and time to get this off the ground and I can get nothing out of it except for the satisfaction that perhaps I had paid Warzone Codger just a little bit back for all the benefits we, and others have gained from his service. Yes, service. Codger worked hard, while the rest of us reaped the benefits.

Clause 2 is both correct and right. Get over it.

And, yes, I want someone to provide a short list of what is actually commendation worthy. Then we will see what values exemplified within are missing from this commendation. I think not many.

To the rest of you;
Thank you for supporting this Commendation.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Mon May 21, 2012 4:00 pm

This post is OOC.

The Great Destruction wrote:Evidence? What is evidence of being consistently exemplary? It is easy to provide evidence of wrong-doing but can you find any in this case? Perhaps it's that lack of foul play that makes this resolution so compelling. It is nearly impossible to provide evidence of consistent civic-mindedness and good intention, save for the void of evidence to the contrary.

Never a good idea to say something like this; alienates too many people, and you end up losing more votes than you could possibly gain.

In regards to evidence, it is always possible to provide evidence of exemplary work. Links to threads and posts where the nominee has posted above expected quality is a good place to start. By providing evidence, representatives can make an objective decision. At the moment, we can only take your word for it, and believe me when I say this, but unqualified (as in, without supporting evidence) opinion of a single person does not mean very much in this Council.

I'm guessing you've been involved with a good number of threads where Warzone Codger has been involved, so I have no doubt you can find a lot of posts where his posting quality has been consistently high. Find them, and list the links in the first post, then we can examine the evidence to decide whether the commendation is worthwhile.

Because there is no evidence to the contrary doesn't mean that he deserves to be commended; it just means he doesn't deserve to be condemned.

Wewak
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Vote For the Commend Warzone Codger

Postby Wewak » Mon May 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Certain wordings in the proposal is not clear and needs further elaboration to specify the exact purpose of this proposal. However it seems that the intent of the proposal is clear so the Empire of Wewak vote for this proposal.

Wewak
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wewak » Mon May 21, 2012 8:48 pm

I dont see anything wrong or stupid with this proposal so I will vote for it in the best interest of my Empire. Its deffinitely YES YEZ YES

Treehall
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treehall » Mon May 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Campinia wrote:
Treehall wrote:With some of the stupidest citizens, I think not.

I’m not voting for stupid.

That has to be the most petty reason to vote against a commend/condemn I have ever seen. Congratulations :roll:

We in Treehall like to look at more than just the proposal in making our decisions. But if you prefer to support stupidity, by all means, go for it. It is recorded for future reference.

Tibberiria
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tibberiria » Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 pm

So, are you saying that you can't provide any proof?

Jaggeria
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaggeria » Tue May 22, 2012 9:13 am

The people of Jaggeria find that because there is a lack of evidence we will vote against this measure, as it is nothing more than hearsay at this point. Jaggeria means no disrespect to Warzone Codger, but we need something more than the word of an obviously biased source.

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Tue May 22, 2012 4:21 pm

It's hard to remove bias from a WA function that is biased in nature, but I understand where you were coming from. I assumed that the feat of holding a Warzone would be intuitive in and of itself but it seems that many do not understand how one works. I should have laid that out. Also, I was hoping for more testimony from other nations as intangibles are hard to photograph.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Tue May 22, 2012 5:38 pm

This entire post is in OOC.

The Great Destruction wrote:Also, I was hoping for more testimony from other nations as intangibles are hard to photograph.

Big mistake number two. If you have to rely on others to provide testimony, as you have just noticed, then you are playing a dead game. Always provide your own first, and the others will follow. (Think of typical sheep behaviour: the first one that moves is not so much the leader, just the one that is most scared. All the rest will follow that one sheep because they just did it first.)

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 am

Ah but i did provide mine.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Wed May 23, 2012 4:34 pm

This entire post is OOC.

The Great Destruction wrote:Ah but i did provide mine.

The commendation doesn't count as evidence; they cannot self-substantiate. You provide links to posts and threads.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives