NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Milograd (Part II)

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shemiki
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shemiki » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Just refuse to join Milogradian RP's.

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:I've always been a fan of Connopolis and his stellar writing abilities. This proposal has garnered my approval and will get my vote should it reach quorum.

I'm flattered, I really am! I'm appreciative always of your support, as am I towards everyone that is making this condemnation of Milo possible.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

New Chesterfield
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Chesterfield » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:49 pm

New Chesterfield will vote against, however, we will provide aid to civilians in the event of an invasion.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Madame Delegate Howell,

How do you propose we strengthen this condemnation of Milograd's actions? I suggest a series of embargoes against Milograd, rather than immediately resorting to military action. I would like to hear your opinion on this matter.

-Ambassador Lewis Monroe, Cylarnian Delegate to the World Assembly and Regional World Assembly Delegate for The Land of Complete and Utter Absurdity.
Last edited by Cylarn on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Cylarn wrote:Madame Delegate Howell,

How do you propose we strengthen this condemnation of Milograd's actions? I suggest a series of embargoes against Milograd, rather than immediately resorting to military action. I would like to hear your opinion on this matter.

-Ambassador Lewis Monroe, Cylarnian Delegate to the World Assembly and Regional World Assembly Delegate for The Land of Complete and Utter Absurdity.

That's a violation of Rule 3, unfortunately, and not something the SC can enforce. Ergo, it should not be discussed in the proposal thread.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Cylarn wrote:Madame Delegate Howell,

That's a violation of Rule 3, unfortunately, and not something the SC can enforce. Ergo, it should not be discussed in the proposal thread.

I apologize.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:30 pm

*arrives*
*stamps seal of approval*
*leaves*

OOC: Milograd condemned twice FTW. o/

New Tarajan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Tarajan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 am

The Kingdom of New Tarajan strictly condemn the foolish acts of the govern of Milograd, and firmly supports this resolution.
Racism, social engineering and genocide are simply crazy ideas, and our Kingdom will support any kind of efforts in order to make these abject things only a remembrance.

Conrad Van Vinkel, Lord Minister for Foreign Affairs
Last edited by New Tarajan on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Federal Aristocratic Kingdom of New Tarajan
Proud Founder and Secretary General of the SECURS
Minister for Foreign Alliances of the Anti-Terror Pact; Report Officer of the Committee of Genocide Reports and Notifications; Member of the International Red Cross & Peace Corps of NationStates; Member of the United Regions; Member of the Organization for Economic Advancement
Count Carl August Van Hoenkel
Baroness Augustine Van Geldern

Sovereign Fraternal Order of Spartans
Political Columnist

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Fraternal Order of Spartans » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:29 pm

I agree with this condemnation and my nation will gladly participate in any military action taken against Milograd. However with that said, Milograd should atleast have the right to speak and defend themselves.

The Christendom of NOD
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Condemnation of Milograd

Postby The Christendom of NOD » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:17 pm

I am resolutely against the policies of Milograd and it's innate suppression of the freedoms we as sovereign nations hold dear. However we need not condemn its oppressed citizenry they are merely slaves within its totalitarian borders. I strongly suggest and do so myself believe that we the sovereigns of this world need to extend a hand to the brainwashed persecuted people of Milograd. Tonight's millions within the confines of that physical hell called a nation will die. Let us open our borders and take in the souls who are so persecuted and make suffer the tyrants and helpers of tyrants in that hell called Milograd.

The Changeling Queen
Secretary

Founded: Jun 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Changeling Queen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:45 pm

I am neither racist or genocidal (at least not usually for the latter) but as he is a "dictator" and a ruthless leader I feel it is my duty to support him. Also social and genetical engineering is not exactly "bad" in my opinion. And regarding his torture/death penalty, mine is quite horrific as well, involving a very blunt spoon, a table with straps, a blood bucket, a torch, and possibly bamboo seeds. So, I feel no desire to "save" citizens of his population from a gruesome death. I will leave the judgement of who lives and who "dissapears" to Milo. Needless to say, you will not have my support on the matter and I will vote against the proposal.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:34 pm

The Christendom of NOD wrote:I am resolutely against the policies of Milograd and it's innate suppression of the freedoms we as sovereign nations hold dear. However we need not condemn its oppressed citizenry they are merely slaves within its totalitarian borders. I strongly suggest and do so myself believe that we the sovereigns of this world need to extend a hand to the brainwashed persecuted people of Milograd. Tonight's millions within the confines of that physical hell called a nation will die. Let us open our borders and take in the souls who are so persecuted and make suffer the tyrants and helpers of tyrants in that hell called Milograd.

I don't think this belongs here.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

New Tarajan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2012

Postby New Tarajan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:07 am

I am neither racist or genocidal (at least not usually for the latter) but as he is a "dictator" and a ruthless leader I feel it is my duty to support him. Also social and genetical engineering is not exactly "bad" in my opinion. And regarding his torture/death penalty, mine is quite horrific as well, involving a very blunt spoon, a table with straps, a blood bucket, a torch, and possibly bamboo seeds. So, I feel no desire to "save" citizens of his population from a gruesome death. I will leave the judgement of who lives and who "dissapears" to Milo. Needless to say, you will not have my support on the matter and I will vote against the proposal.

The point is not the authoritatian kind of government. The Kingdom of New Tarajan is a fierce opponent of liberal democracies. The problem is that Milograd is a totalitarian system, which is drastically different, and that cititzens (or maybe it would be more correct "slaves") within its borders are terribly suffering. We need to take strong actions against those governants who don't care about their people.
Federal Aristocratic Kingdom of New Tarajan
Proud Founder and Secretary General of the SECURS
Minister for Foreign Alliances of the Anti-Terror Pact; Report Officer of the Committee of Genocide Reports and Notifications; Member of the International Red Cross & Peace Corps of NationStates; Member of the United Regions; Member of the Organization for Economic Advancement
Count Carl August Van Hoenkel
Baroness Augustine Van Geldern

The Rogueish Megalodon
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rogueish Megalodon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:57 am

Recognizing that this condemnation will not have the desired effect, and will indeed feed the evil ego of Milograd administration by enforcing its infamy,

The Rogue Nation of The Rogueish Megalodon hereby votes AGAINST this resolution.

Empire of Vlissingen
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Vlissingen » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:05 am

Votes for condemning this nation and encourages all nations do the same thing.
I live in The Netherlands.
Economic Left/Right: 4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:14 am

The Yohannesian observer-representative to the World Assembly, Dr Julius Akandoni Hermansenn has noted the eagerness and raucous sound of threats which the representatives of multiple overseas nations have made pertinent to the strategic initiative of "invading Milograd" or "invading Gholgoth." The chaotic forty-six plagues, magnanimous and most benevolent realms of the forty-six Lords of Gholgoth. Harbinger of destruction and fear upon the International Incidents' community.

The white-haired descendant of the 2nd Earl of Cheshire cannot but avoid to crack a bellowing, joyous laughter.

"They may try to send their joint-invasion forces to the region of Gholgoth...! I do say rightly upon their barest of minds...!" Never in his brief yet enjoyable role as Her Imperial Majesty's observer to the World Assembly had Dr Julius heard such a ridiculous statement made in unison.

"Condemn Milograd!"
Last edited by Yohannes on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Debit
Civil Servant

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Debit » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:36 pm

I think we should.... just, like.... chill... or if you wanna be all like- government- stuff, then DEBIT VOTES AGAINST. THIS FROM THE ALLMIGHTY KING OF THE SHTETLE!

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Shemiki wrote:Just refuse to join Milogradian RP's.

Why? Milograd is a supremely talented RPer, and I'd be proud to rp alongside him when he returns.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Gullud
Attaché

Founded: May 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gullud » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Cylarn wrote:On behalf of the estimated 400,000 Vbingvanian refugees who have fled to Cylarn as a result of the Milogradian Invasion, I vehemently condemn Milograd for its actions. These horrific acts are truly disgusting and vile, having no place in this world.

A condemnation is not enough, but military against Milograd would be suicide without support. If we attempted to send in troops, the other nations of Gholgoth would most likely see this as an act of aggression against the entire region and render our operation futile. I ask that all WA member-nations proceed with caution.

- Ambassador Lewis Monroe, Cylarnian Delegate to the World Assembly and Regional World Assembly Delegate for The Land of Complete and Utter Absurdity.

We in Gullud will assist with an military action if one does come. We are no happy at the news from Milogard. This is the time for heroes. I hope that your nation will be one of those heroes.

PM Boudicca Ryess
Gullud

The Christendom of NOD
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

War is may be necessary

Postby The Christendom of NOD » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:55 pm

War may be necessary in order to bend a nation to the norms of society. Gross injustice to human life and aggression towards other nations does in my opinion constitute military action if the nation in question refuses to listen to its piers and obey sanctions put against it. That being said Plau and it's delegates are willing to conduct special operations to aid in the ousting of the current milograd government if deemed necessary. All being said history shows that tyrants can not be negotiated with.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:03 pm

The Christendom of NOD wrote:War may be necessary in order to bend a nation to the norms of society. Gross injustice to human life and aggression towards other nations does in my opinion constitute military action if the nation in question refuses to listen to its piers and obey sanctions put against it. That being said Plau and it's delegates are willing to conduct special operations to aid in the ousting of the current milograd government if deemed necessary. All being said history shows that tyrants can not be negotiated with.

I do not suggest this, as Milograd has a large and powerful military. We must be cautious about running into war head-first.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

The Christendom of NOD
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

The way to topple a tyrant

Postby The Christendom of NOD » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:09 pm

A headlong military invasion of milograd will cause another world war. Therefore black ops operations will be necessary to topple milograd also mobilizing its many oppressed unorganized freedom fighters, infiltration by spies, sleeper cells and sending in freedom packets by air which contain Manuel's for making weapons ingredient for the creation of explosives/ weapons and how to utilize military tactics. This many strategies when used all at once by multiple Nations will cripple milograd.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:16 pm

The Christendom of NOD wrote:A headlong military invasion of milograd will cause another world war. Therefore black ops operations will be necessary to topple milograd also mobilizing its many oppressed unorganized freedom fighters, infiltration by spies, sleeper cells and sending in freedom packets by air which contain Manuel's for making weapons ingredient for the creation of explosives/ weapons and how to utilize military tactics. This many strategies when used all at once by multiple Nations will cripple milograd.

Black ops will still start a war between not just us and Milograd, but possibly with the region of Gholgoth. We should discuss this further, as this isn't the correct thread.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Extopiopolis
Civilian

Founded: Jun 21, 2009

Postby Extopiopolis » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:31 pm

The only reason why I'm not approving this bill is because Milograd already has a condemnation, and I don't think that a country needs to be condemned twice. It would be like killing someone twice: If you killed them the first time (first off, how would you be able to) why would you need to kill that person again. Condemnation should only be put on a country once. If they don't learn, than their just being little immature children. I will be highly disappointed if this bill passes.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Kudos on this passing! I am actually quite entertained that the coding allows for two condemn badges. :p
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives