NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Sustainable Fishing Act

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Mon May 28, 2012 4:38 am

Knootoss wrote:
Belschaft wrote:I applaud the author on the near certain passage of a resolution on a topic I was unable to successfully legislate on, despite having to deal with the same usual bunch of NatSov opponents.

Many NatSovs including Knootoss support this, so sadly your conspiracy theory happens to be contradicted by reality.

Hey, not my fault you where willing to compromise this time but not when I tried it :(

Still, props to the OP.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Mon May 28, 2012 4:40 am

To quote myself in the debate on the Belschaft proposal:

Knootoss wrote:This is a horrid and utterly preposterous proposal. Knootoss and two other nations in the region would have fishing quotas imposed on them, utterly ruining an entire industry, while everyone else is unaffected. This is a hideous idea.

The cowardly delegation actually addressed this issue and thus gained our support.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Mon May 28, 2012 4:42 am

Knootoss wrote:To quote myself in the debate on the Belschaft proposal:

Knootoss wrote:This is a horrid and utterly preposterous proposal. Knootoss and two other nations in the region would have fishing quotas imposed on them, utterly ruining an entire industry, while everyone else is unaffected. This is a hideous idea.

The cowardly delegation actually addressed this issue and thus gained our support.

I tried to address the issue, but got nothing but more of the preceding from you at the time.

Ugh... I was trying to congratulate the OP, not get into a row.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Mon May 28, 2012 4:53 am

If you do not want to get into a partisan row, don't make partisan comments or try to claim this resolution as a victory for your particular ideology. Sustainable fishing is a tragedy of the commons type problem that necessitates international cooperation. You'll find that many if not most NatSovs are willing to engage constructively in a dialogue about such issues when presented with the opportunity.

Your proposal tried to "address the issue" by telling this assembly that non-member nations do not exist, which is hardly a convincing solution to the problem. After much soul-searching, Cowardly Pacifists decided to address the problem of what to do with international waters in a satisfactory manner. Knootoss and others were happy to support it for that reason.

Ambassador Aram Koopman
World Assembly representative for the Dutch Democratic Republic of Knootoss

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Mon May 28, 2012 1:54 pm

I take great offense to your thinly-veiled insults of the Cowardly Pacifists delegation. They don't call you names despite several more richly-earned ones coming to mind.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Cowardly Pacifists
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cowardly Pacifists » Mon May 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Free South Califas wrote:

I take great offense to your thinly-veiled insults of the Cowardly Pacifists delegation. They don't call you names despite several more richly-earned ones coming to mind.

I appreciate the sentiments of the Ambassador from Free South Califas. But in fairness, I must point out that I have indeed sent some insults Ambassador Koopman's way. In this very thread, in fact. :)

Best Regards.

Aram Koop-troll
Unkind Caricature of the Dutch Democratic Republic of Knootoss

P.S. I'm pretty sure Ambassador Koopman doesn't mean any sort of veiled insult by calling us the "cowardly delegation." We are Cowardly Pacifists after all.
Last edited by Cowardly Pacifists on Mon May 28, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The We Already Surrender of Cowardly Pacifists

Warning: Sometimes uses puppets.
Another Warning: Posts from this nation are always OOC.

Winner12345
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Winner12345 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:22 pm

it needs to be repealed now
You just wasted your time opening a spoiler
Ambassador Winner Conservative
Mitt is it.
http://www.victory.mittromney.com and http://MittRomney.com
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Cowardly Pacifists
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cowardly Pacifists » Wed May 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Winner12345 wrote:it needs to be repealed now

:lol:
The We Already Surrender of Cowardly Pacifists

Warning: Sometimes uses puppets.
Another Warning: Posts from this nation are always OOC.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives