NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Condemn Lazarus

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Nuevo Blluedevil
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

[DEFEATED] Condemn Lazarus

Postby Nuevo Blluedevil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Description: A document to condemn Lazarus on a general agreement over the treatment of recruiters in their domain.

Argument: Security Council,

ACKNOWLEDGING that there are some large founder-less regions that are original and are generally accepted to be fair game,

LAUDING the intent of regional WA Delegate Drop Your Pants on actively working to curb the recruitment messages left on the Regional Message Board,

WHOLLY AGREEING that recruiters should not be hassled for working to make their founding region an attractive place to go,

DISAPPOINTED with the region of Lazarus for forcing recruiters to use Spanish and other alternative languages to English,

ACKNOWLEDGING that English is widely known and written compared to the use of other languages that member nations are being forced to know,

APPALLED with the region for acts suppressing recruitment messages on the Regional Message Board,

HEREBY CONDEMNS Lazarus.
Last edited by Goobergunchia on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Your condemn would pass for any feeder or sinker.

They're allowed to supress ad-spam and most people are glad that they do.

I'm for getting ad-spam banned completely.

So- AGAINST
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Nuevo Blluedevil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Blluedevil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Your condemn would pass for any feeder or sinker.

They're allowed to supress ad-spam and most people are glad that they do.

I'm for getting ad-spam banned completely.

So- AGAINST

I have looked under both the rules and guides. You are right to say that this condemnation is appropriate. However, if people are living in feeder/sinker regions and do not like the ad-spam, wouldn't it be a no brainer that they should leave to a founding region. Of course in founding regions ad-spam is zero tolerance.
Last edited by Nuevo Blluedevil on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Your operative clause is illegal, as a condemn proposal can't do anything but condemn it's target. Opposing things and shaming things are not within the power of the WA.

With regards to content, it seems like DYP is justly using his powers as delegate to protect his community from minor annoyance.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Nuevo Blluedevil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Blluedevil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:08 pm

I changed the bottom to read the proper condemnation and got rid of feeder/sinker and words alluding to a game. It is now allvague enough to understand types of regions being used as an example.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:09 pm

You didn't fix the Rule 4 violations. Take your time with this, and get advice on drafting it from SC regulars. It's better than racking up warnings for re-submitting illegal proposals.

Nuevo Blluedevil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Blluedevil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Sedgistan wrote:You didn't fix the Rule 4 violations. Take your time with this, and get advice on drafting it from SC regulars. It's better than racking up warnings for re-submitting illegal proposals.

I looked at past codemnation passed resolutions. CONDEMNING Lazarus for the above statements. should be lega, right?

Sorry, this subject just got me worked up. Sorry for jumping the gun too quickly.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:12 pm

It is not necessary to say "for the above statements". It is standard procedure to say "HEREBY CONDEMNS Lazarus" as it says enough in as few words as possible.

I think Sedge's concerns are for the direct reference to "the game" in the clause about the importance of English, but there might be others.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Nuevo Blluedevil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Blluedevil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Frenequesta wrote:It is not necessary to say "for the above statements". It is standard procedure to say "HEREBY CONDEMNS Lazarus" as it says enough in as few words as possible.

I think Sedge's concerns are for the direct reference to "the game" in the clause about the importance of English, but there might be others.

Ok thanks. I did not catch that reference. I took your suggestions and altered it.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Why not condemn me instead of Lazarus, i'm the one that sets the theme :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:Why not condemn me instead of Lazarus, i'm the one that sets the theme :P

Let me confess, I'm the one who suggested to Neuvo to bring this to the Security Council after a similar proposal was drummed out of the General Assembly, and suggested to him that a condemnation of you would be more appropriate. :p So I too am a little surprised he didn't take that route.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Nuevo Blluedevil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Blluedevil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:Why not condemn me instead of Lazarus, i'm the one that sets the theme :P

Mmwwahahahah...'cause there will be others, other WA Delegates than yourself. Plus, your regions tactics are being made an example out of! Other feeder/sinker regions do the same sort of supressive tactics that you apply.

Nuevo Blluedevil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Blluedevil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Plus, the power should be returned to the smaller FOUNDER regions and not to sinker/feeder regions that feel they can dictate a region that was set up to benefit founding regions.

In other words we acknowledge that sinker/feeder regions are public...open to recruitment and founder regions are private and free to supress their RMB and recruit on public regions.

Heistrein
Attaché

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heistrein » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Ok, I've been hearing the term all evening, but don't know what it means. Forgive my noob-ness, but what is a sinker/feeder region? I'm not entirely getting it just from reading the posts...

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Sinkers are game crated regions where nations are refounded, or in the case of The Rejected Realms ejected to. Feeders are also game created regions where every nation starts its NS life, the Pacific's. Not a bad summary for 4.30am.

Plus, the power should be returned to the smaller FOUNDER regions and not to sinker/feeder regions that feel they can dictate a region that was set up to benefit founding regions.

Small regions have no power in the feeders/sinkers. Its allowed in the game rules to recruit but it doesn't say anywhere that the delegate of that region can't suppress or ban you :P

Trust me, the spanish theme is the least i could do. A month of banning recruiters has been suggested but i couldn't be bothered.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Nuevo Blluedevil wrote:Mmwwahahahah...'cause there will be others, other WA Delegates than yourself.

When this first one fails to achieve quorum due to virtually everyone hating recruitment spam, will you give up this crusade, or keep posting new ones?

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:37 pm

I hope he continuos personally, i want Lazarus condemned. We'd be the first GCR to have the badge. I can write the whole WFE in irish if you like and enforce Gaeilge only ads for the rest of my term.

Heistrein
Attaché

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heistrein » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:Trust me, the spanish theme is the least i could do. A month of banning recruiters has been suggested but i couldn't be bothered.

Esta una idea muy buena. :p I actually find that quite fun. I would also imagine that more or less supressing non-English languages wouldn't be in NS's best interest. Having areas where people can use a language they are more comfortable with seems like a good way to create a friendly, global environment. Kinda like what the UN 'tries' to do in the real world. I mean, what?
Granted, I haven't actually seen any rules on the use of non-English on NS, I'm sure Spanish use isn't illegal.
Pues, suerte! (also, pardon my French. I'm a bit rusty :p )

Nuevo Blluedevil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Blluedevil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Nuevo Blluedevil wrote:Mmwwahahahah...'cause there will be others, other WA Delegates than yourself.

When this first one fails to achieve quorum due to virtually everyone hating recruitment spam, will you give up this crusade, or keep posting new ones?

If everyone hates recruitment spam, then why don't they move to a founding region? It is that simple. Yes even this problem you described is an easy remedy to fix! No more complaining from the complainers. Gosh I just solved NationStates biggest complaint with one fell swoop.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:18 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:I hope he continuos personally, i want Lazarus condemned. We'd be the first GCR to have the badge. I can write the whole WFE in irish if you like and enforce Gaeilge only ads for the rest of my term.

I would support a condemnation on those grounds.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:19 am

DYP is a great Delegate, and many feeder/sinker regions have adspam rules that they apply to recruiters. Delegates are under no binding moral contract to allow recruiters to leave message on their RMBs. Those kind of antics are common (my personal favorite was the chicken joke week), and are no reason for a condemnation whatsoever.

However, if you really wish to proceed with this proposal, I would suggest target DYP and not Lazarus as a whole. Because you are basically condemning DYP but calling it condemn Laz. Either way, I will not support it and believe it is a bad idea.

Nuevo Blluedevil
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuevo Blluedevil » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:49 am

I am afraid to say DYP is just a cog in the wheel. The mentality that game regions have toward recruiters is not limited to the WA Delegate but is the infection of the entire region. It is better to make an example out of the game region's joint mentality toward this issue. This is better rather than personally target one poor bastard that just so happened to have gotten himself caught in the cross fire. The unfair treatment towards recruiters need to be made an example out of and raise the concern about the poor treatment that recruiters receive on a public region. This is just a classic case of the game created public regions wishing that they were like the founder private regions who are more free to control their private business.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:55 am

To be honest, I don't like RMB spam/overly long recruitment posts. If the Delegate/region wants to forbid types of messages, let them but don't condemn them. What did they do, suppress the offending message?

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:22 am

I support DYP in supporting this condemnation.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives