NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Nuclear Power Safety Act

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lemmingtopias
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lemmingtopias » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Datavia wrote:While it is true that "Food and Drug Standards" empowers WAFDRA to the closure of regulatory facilities, it can be argued that it actually doesn't establlish any provisions for the enforcement of that power. Which begs the question: how specific must GA resolutions be? And how much intervention is too much intervention or a breach of national sovereingty. According to the current vote, most nations are content with establishing international standards and being able to know what's up in that suspicious nuclear plant of their neighbour.

Which is what standardizing and overseeing are about.

:palm:

So you finally agree that it doesn't do anything then, albeit in a rather mealy-mouthed way. And no, people are voting in favour because they haven't read it properly. Of the 20 of my constituents who voted in favour of this, 14 have switched their vote since I TG'ed round to point out that the NESC doesn't have any actual authority.

how specific must GA resolutions be?

To my knowledge no-one is asking for anything to be made more specific, merely that the NESC actually has the authority so that it isn't a pointless resolution. A few added words should do it.
Last edited by Lemmingtopias on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LBC News:Lemmingtopias now de facto split between East and West | Junta forces fail to storm Palace of the Sages, withdrawal from West Lomapolis | COUP! Advised to stay at home! More Info coming soon | Prince of Lemmingtopias killed during summit with Tropican President| Invasion of The Tropican Islands cancelled. Diplomatic talks to resume

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:06 pm

For. But pointless.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:50 am

Nuclear material/plant safety is absolutely crucial to the rights of people and communities in every nation. As far as the WA is concerned, it is essential to establish proper standards for health and safety in this industry, at the expense of industry. This resolution fails to do that, so we must vote AGAINST
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Previous

Return to WA Archives