NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Unibot II

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Cromarty wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Like... what?

"Observing the fact..."

"Congratulating Unibot for..."

i'm sure there's other, better alternatives.

I couldn't think of a better one! But I can use those!
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Mahaj wrote: and a list of common prayers to the almighty god of our humble multiverse, violet,

Approved but vary of this clause. You are assuming all our nations to acknowledge violet as our god? That all our nation's religions must defer to Violet and the bloodthirsty sacrificing demanding violetists? The nation of Mahaj might subscribe to that backwards cult, but not the Codgereans!

(If it was a GA proposal would it of been struck for metagaming...? Damn SC!)
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Tulija
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tulija » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:16 am

Approved and wholeheartedly supported.

(the above post regarding violet is true - although I don't like it at all, I understand it's all in jest and so dismiss it lightly)
Last edited by Tulija on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look up my Factbook, it's snazzy
THE UNITED PROVINCES OF TULIJA
Tulija is a Great Power, renowned for its liberal culture and technocratic governance. It is a world leader in several areas (education, social mobility, HDI, GDP, lack of corruption, public services, technology, secularism etc.) and maintains an excellently equipped and trained military. Regularly topping lists of most desirable locations to live in, its freedoms and economic success are largely unparalleled. Internationally, its foreign policy holds substantial sway. If it were real:
Caeruleus wrote:It would be by far the best country in the world
GDP per Capita = $51,461
Unemployment = 3.2%
Inflation = 1.8%
HDI = 0.988
₳1 = $1.95
Head of State:
The Rt. Hon. Arch Minister, Arthur Kaylor

Factbook!

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:27 pm

The resolution is mildly overblown, and in some cases makes up words that don't actually exist:
COGNIZANT that Unibot played a role in the furtherment of the idea

and at times is somewhat tortuous in its use of language...

...but it's a damn sight better than the last commendation about Unibot I commented on as a delegate. I think I can still support this. :)
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time."

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Considering that the WAGA has a category named Furtherment of Democracy, I think we can safely assume that, in the eyes of the WA, the word furtherment does exist.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Cromarty wrote:Considering that the WAGA has a category named Furtherment of Democracy, I think we can safely assume that, in the eyes of the WA, the word furtherment does exist.

Shh. A cursory search on google suggests that it is indeed a word, but so out of use these days as to prompt questions about whether or not it is a word. So I don't feel so bad.
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time."

Starlightia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Starlightia » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:09 pm

*the New Lunar Republican member looked it over* I think he deserves this comendation. Rising from ashes to help the world is good in my book. You have our support.
Military Alert Status:
Peace 5[X] 4[] 3[] 2[] 1[]War
*all troops are at ease, but ready to spring to action should the need arise

Elcric Kcalb
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby Elcric Kcalb » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:29 pm

The ISEK supports this Commendation with great enthusiasm! Let there be cake!

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:55 am

Moar circlejerking. Moar!

~ Mecha-Hitler, Führer of the Nazi Moon Base, Protector of the Space Aryans & Honourary Member of the Nazi Robot Symposium

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:01 am

I thank those supporting this. Obviously, this is at vote, and I must give my thanks to Eluvatar, who assisted tremendously in the campaigning for this. :)
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:50 am

Honored Ambassador,

I am writing this to urge you to please vote AGAINST the Security Council resolution currently at vote, Commend Unibot II.
Unibot is not a person that is worthy of commendation by The Security Council.

He portrays himself as a noble gentleman, but his demeanor and short temper betray his true personality. He is rude to those who do not share his opinions and will insult them at every opportunity. Here he can be seen referring to "Invaders" as parasites: viewtopic.php?p=8295900#p8295900
Whether or not you share his views on the R/D game, it should be clear that referring to other players as "parasites" is not something done by someone worthy of commendation. This particular incident is tame compared to many of the other incidents that have taken place in private.

Now I will address a couple of the points brought up in the proposal itself.

ACKNOWLEDGING Unibot as one of the premier defenders of this modern era in NationStates, in terms of skill, leadership, and strategy,
and
RECOGNIZING Unibot as the creator of the United Defenders League, a defense organization based on a concept of individual nations as opposed to regions comprising the organization, and an organization which has quickly became one of the premier defending organizations in NationStates,

As Unibot would likely inform you, he is not exactly the most skilled defender out there. He relies heavily on other people to do the hard parts of the job such as planting triggers and finding update times. He also depends on his friends to create tools to make his job easier.

His leadership abilities should also be questioned. His term as Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance ended with a narrowly defeated impeachment attempt (50% voted for, they needed 60%) that lead to Unibot resigning immediately after.

His leadership abilities in the United Defenders League are just as sketchy. He has the final say over every detail over how the organization is run, but does not take responsibility for mistakes made by his officers. His words and actions were even the focus of ridicule by a then-high-ranking member of the UDL, Harmoneia. A fine example would be The Free Range Organization. This was a region with no natives whatsoever. The only nation in the region had been there for less than 5 days. When two nations decided to move in so one of them could be a delegate. They did not move in anywhere near update and they were not showing any sort of aggression towards the region. UDL troops moved in without investigating, took the delegacy, and banned the innocent nations.

Another example is The Grand Regiment. They attempted to refound this region due to its convenient update time. The founder was set to CTE, so some nations moved in to prevent the UDL refound until the founder could be contacted. The founder was commonly known to be Tim-Opolis, a fact acknowledged by UDL Lieutenant Mahaj. The UDL moved in World Assembly nations in an attempt to kick the nations that were preventing refound. This is another fact that has been acknowledged in private by multiple UDL officials, but vehemently denied in public.

The UDL has also misrepresented itself in order to get treaties with regions. These treaties do nothing for the regions involved. They are solely for the benefit of the UDL, which gains more fame from these pacts. One such failed treaty was with Stargate. Natives of Stargate were assured that their region would be safer with a UDL treaty. However, that didn't prevent The Black Riders from launching a massive multi-organizational attack that toppled the native delegate from power. Following this attack, the UDL didn't even put their greatest effort into liberating the region. The attempt was nothing compared to that of other liberation attempts, like the one being gathered for Belgium right now. There is no known UDL/Belgium treaty, showing that "treaties" are just a way for the UDL to garner attention.

These inaccuracies within the proposal make it an unacceptable piece of legislation that must not be allowed to pass. I strongly urge you to vote against this resolution.

Thank you for your time,
The Censored by SOPA of Rawrgirnia

Just thought I'd give Mahaj the opportunity to reply to this directly, and perhaps offer some sort of counter telegram to the delegates being courted. I'd say that Rawr pegged me wrong, but he probably wasn't even looking at who he sent this to.
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:01 am

Huzzah i've seen this actually, I'll reply here.

Honored Ambassador,
He portrays himself as a noble gentleman, but his demeanor and short temper betray his true personality. He is rude to those who do not share his opinions and will insult them at every opportunity. Here he can be seen referring to "Invaders" as parasites: viewtopic.php?p=8295900#p8295900
Whether or not you share his views on the R/D game, it should be clear that referring to other players as "parasites" is not something done by someone worthy of commendation. This particular incident is tame compared to many of the other incidents that have taken place in private.

I get negative comments about him in private of a considerable nature, I don't agree that the wording is great but I don't think it should exclude him from a commendation based on it alone.

As Unibot would likely inform you, he is not exactly the most skilled defender out there. He relies heavily on other people to do the hard parts of the job such as planting triggers and finding update times. He also depends on his friends to create tools to make his job easier.

He's created a bot that can do approximations for update times, and he can generally move and endorse pretty quickly, and his strategy is good as well (which, conveniently, you never mentioned).

His leadership abilities should also be questioned. His term as Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance ended with a narrowly defeated impeachment attempt (50% voted for, they needed 60%) that lead to Unibot resigning immediately after.

I believe the FRA impeachment was led by Sedge, in no small part because Unibot had just tried to stop Sedge's coup.

His leadership abilities in the United Defenders League are just as sketchy. He has the final say over every detail over how the organization is run, but does not take responsibility for mistakes made by his officers. His words and actions were even the focus of ridicule by a then-high-ranking member of the UDL, Harmoneia.

He has the final say... when he's online. He's not online for everything.

A fine example would be The Free Range Organization. This was a region with no natives whatsoever. The only nation in the region had been there for less than 5 days. When two nations decided to move in so one of them could be a delegate. They did not move in anywhere near update and they were not showing any sort of aggression towards the region. UDL troops moved in without investigating, took the delegacy, and banned the innocent nations.

I wasn't there for that, but if two nations are moving in so one can be delegate, thats a raid. FYI.

Another example is The Grand Regiment. They attempted to refound this region due to its convenient update time. The founder was set to CTE, so some nations moved in to prevent the UDL refound until the founder could be contacted. The founder was commonly known to be Tim-Opolis, a fact acknowledged by UDL Lieutenant Mahaj. The UDL moved in World Assembly nations in an attempt to kick the nations that were preventing refound. This is another fact that has been acknowledged in private by multiple UDL officials, but vehemently denied in public.

Unibot wasn't online for part of this I know, and I fail to see its importance here.

The UDL has also misrepresented itself in order to get treaties with regions. These treaties do nothing for the regions involved. They are solely for the benefit of the UDL, which gains more fame from these pacts. One such failed treaty was with Stargate. Natives of Stargate were assured that their region would be safer with a UDL treaty. However, that didn't prevent The Black Riders from launching a massive multi-organizational attack that toppled the native delegate from power.

No way, sherlock.

Following this attack, the UDL didn't even put their greatest effort into liberating the region.

Nice lie. :P Of course we put effort into it, but you wouldn't know since you weren't there. We couldn't get enough people, that doesn't mean the effort wasn't there. Heck, look at the Rmb, it simply escalated to a point where the UDL numbers were not enough. Keep in mind this also happened as it was winter break, so people were off on vacation and such.

The attempt was nothing compared to that of other liberation attempts, like the one being gathered for Belgium right now. There is no known UDL/Belgium treaty, showing that "treaties" are just a way for the UDL to garner attention.

:palm: This has really gotten sillier and siller, none of this is true at all.

Just thought I'd give Mahaj the opportunity to reply to this directly, and perhaps offer some sort of counter telegram to the delegates being courted. I'd say that Rawr pegged me wrong, but he probably wasn't even looking at who he sent this to.

Thanks. :)
Last edited by Mahaj on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 am

I, Lothar Prolark, Senator and World Assembly Delegate of Europeia will be voting NAY on this Commendation after a 3/17 internal vote.

While Europeia does applaud the hard work that Unibot has done for NationStates, especially through the General Assembly, it is the opinion of Europeia that the Commendation does not recognise the disputed history of Unibot. Specifically the charges faced by the nominee for harassment in The Rejected Realms and their comments towards females which, according to some members of Europeia, borderline on misogynist. Secondly a Mod-deleted nation for breaking the game’s rules. Furthermore comments made by the nominee in regards to Raiders are not addressed in this commendation which further leads us to reject this commendation.

Unibot II wrote:
SunRawr wrote:We are NationStates too whether you like it or not.

Only in the sense that a parasite is apart of its owner.

With this information, we hereby cast our vote against this Act and hope that others will at least ask themselves if someone with a mod-deleted nation, a harassment charge made against them and makes comments such as the one above is worthy of international recognition?

We would, however, look to support a re-drafted version of this where the appropriate adjustments are made which elevate the above concerns of ours.

Last edited by Delegate Vinage on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Paper Flowers
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Paper Flowers » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:58 am

Delegate Vinage wrote:With this information, we hereby cast our vote against this Act and hope that others will at least ask themselves if someone with a mod-deleted nation

Not knowing the exact history of Unibot and the specific circumstances around the deletion, we choose to give him the benefit of the doubt.

a harassment charge made against them

A charge made here with no evidence offered in support of it, thus discarded.

and makes comments such as the one above is worthy of international recognition?

Having reviewed the comment above we do not see it as being sufficient to counter the points made by Mahaj in the authoring of this proposal.
Last edited by Paper Flowers on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam. A. Saunders - Paper Flowers Ambassador to the World Assembly.

Factbook (under construction - last update 14th November 2012)
Current Affairs - Ambassador Walkers disappearance remains a mystery, Ambassador Saunders promoted in his place.

Elcric Kcalb
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby Elcric Kcalb » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:10 am

Unibot II's statement in regards to Invaders as parasites has only strengthened the ISEK in supporting this Commendation. Not because we share similar views towards invaders, but because we thought it was a very snappy rebuttal and appreciate that sort of thing. Keep on trucking, Unibot II. Keep on trucking.
Last edited by Elcric Kcalb on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunRawr
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SunRawr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 am

Oliver the Mediocre wrote:Just thought I'd give Mahaj the opportunity to reply to this directly, and perhaps offer some sort of counter telegram to the delegates being courted. I'd say that Rawr pegged me wrong, but he probably wasn't even looking at who he sent this to.

Actually, it was an "Oh shiz..." moment as soon as I hit send.

Industrial Septagon
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Industrial Septagon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:48 pm

The nation of Industrial Septagon votes NAY. One should not author their own commendations.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Industrial Septagon wrote:The nation of Industrial Septagon votes NAY. One should not author their own commendations.

Hmm? Mahaj and Unibot are definitely different people.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Industrial Septagon
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Industrial Septagon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Goobergunchia wrote:
Industrial Septagon wrote:The nation of Industrial Septagon votes NAY. One should not author their own commendations.

Alas, I seem to have misread.

My vote remains unchanged however, although more for the reason that I am against commendations and condemnations in general.

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Industrial Septagon wrote:
Goobergunchia wrote:

Alas, I seem to have misread.

My vote remains unchanged however, although more for the reason that I am against commendations and condemnations in general.

So do you vote against every condemnation/commendation? Or just this one?
Heeding the Call, One and For All: UDL

Opaloka
Envoy

Founded: May 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Opaloka » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Oh look all the members of the united defenders league have got together for a mutual back patting session.

Unibot2 & the rest of UDL defend fascist regions from legitamate anti fascist action by the 'red fleet' & other antifa comrades including international socialists

So vote 'NO!' & join the fleet.
'Truth is the greatest of all national possessions. A state, a people, a system which suppresses the truth or fears to publish it, deserves to collapse!' Kurt Eisner

Judge for yourself international socialists democratic practice, socialist values & a comprehensive Start! Guide. Join IS!

A Captain of The Red Fleet.

Political compass: Econ' L/R -9.25 Social Lib/Auth' -7.18

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:07 pm

Opaloka wrote:Oh look all the members of the united defenders league have got together for a mutual back patting session.

Unibot2 & the rest of UDL defend fascist regions from legitamate anti fascist action by the 'red fleet' & other antifa comrades including international socialists

So you try and do a recruitment pitch? Knothnx

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:51 pm

Opaloka wrote:Oh look all the members of the united defenders league have got together for a mutual back patting session.

What fascist region did the League defend from your fleet?

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:50 pm

That's what's great about Uni and defenders like him. To say that the only communities that are legitimate or deserve to survive are the communities that we agree with (in this case non-fascist regions) is slightly overbearing and ... well ... fascist in nature. ;)

Unibot, virtually by himself to my knowledge, thought up the United Defenders League. This may seem rather insignificant when viewed as a gameplay organization, because a new army pops up and is successful in gameplay every month at least. But as a defender organization, it is really rare. Since I joined NS, it has ALWAYS been FRA and TITO were the defenders. E-Army was around a little bit and a couple other individual regions too in special occasions, but as far as day to day updaters, FRA and TITO had a monopoly since 2009 until Uni changed that. The fact that the UDL was successful just by itself is commendable, because Uni achieved something that I must say even I chuckled as being a crazy and impossible idea when he proposed an alternative to the FRA to me. Combined with the major part he played in building the SC in it's high-day, pre-RuleIV inactivity and death and this is a pretty clear yes vote for anyone who isn't either too biased to sit back and think about how much Uni has done in this game or two is too uninformed to know how much Uni has done in this game.

Seriously, think about how long WA campaigns take, then realize how many he's done. The guy has spent literally hours upon hours upon hours upon hours devoted to this game. Far far more than me and many people who have been playing this game far far longer.
AKA Weed

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:57 pm

The Grand Regiment.... nuff said

Grand Central is collectively voting Against
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives