NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Unibot II

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Commend Unibot II

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Got a counter-campaign telegram? See my response here! (CLICK ME)

*ahem*

My friends, enemies, enemies of my enemies, friends of my enemies, enemies of my friends, friends of my friends, and associated people who think i'm rambling on too much,

one nation that has been a perpetual force in this Security Council, a nation that has been a force in the world assembly, in fact, a nation which is an outspoken proponent of the defender cause, and a nation I look up to and respect greatly,

Unibot. Unibot has commended many nations for their great accomplishments, yet we have not yet recognized his. I am of the belief that it is about time that we do recognize his contributions. When better than now, with the new year, and ideally, the first SC resolution of 2012 will be this, Commend Unibot II.

I look forward to comments, suggestions, and critiques.

The Security Council,

IDENTIFYING the nation of Unibot II as the successor to the now defunct state of Unibot as well as the nation behind the puppet state of Unibotian WA Mission, as well as a variety of other puppet states, and that Unibot II is frequently referred to simply as 'Unibot',

COGNIZANT that Unibot played a role in the furtherment of the idea, which was eventually implemented, of the two WA chambers operating as they do, with independent voting and separate proposal queues,

RECOGNIZING the vast success of Unibot in both branches of the World Assembly, the General Assembly and the Security Council, including authoring 8 GA resolutions with 1 coauthored and authoring 13 SC resolutions with 4 coauthored,

APPLAUDING Unibot for writing resolutions to address concerns such as care of the mentally ill, nautical pilotage, forced disappearances, and the protection of outer space

RECOGNIZING Unibot as one of the pioneers of the Security Council, including authoring a commendation of Starblaydia for sporting achievements, a Commendation for The Cat Tribe for general debating, a condemnation for Greater Tezridan for international incidents, a condemnation for Flag Thief, and a Liberation for Greece,

NOTING that Unibot was one of the main proponents of Liberation Resolutions as a method of conflict resolution for defenders and not simply a tool for the worst of the worst situations such as what once was in Belgium, and consequently Unibot has helped restore native communities via a Liberation Resolution six times,

ACKNOWLEDGING Unibot as one of the premier defenders of this modern era in NationStates, in terms of skill, leadership, and strategy,

RECOGNIZING Unibot as the creator of the United Defenders League, a defense organization based on a concept of individual nations as opposed to regions comprising the organization, and an organization which has quickly became one of the premier defending organizations in NationStates,

REALIZING Unibot is the founder of Eastern Islands of Dharma, which has developed into the premier WA-centric region of NationStates and home to numerous resolution authors,

APPLAUDING the many scholarly works emnating from Unibot, including an analysis of NationStates generations, a refurbished document containing advice to budding nation creators regarding achieving a certain World Census category, and a list of common prayers to the almighty god of our humble multiverse, violet,

BELIEVING that with all the accomplishments of Unibot, a commendation is long overdue,

Hereby, with all the accomplishments of Unibot being considered, Commends Unibot II.
Last edited by Goobergunchia on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:52 pm

We support this!
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:We support this!

I am glad to hear it!
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Mahaj wrote:*ahem*

My friends, enemies, enemies of my enemies, friends of my enemies, enemies of my friends, friends of my friends, and associated people who think i'm rambling on too much,

one nation that has been a perpetual force in this Security Council, a nation that has been a force in the world assembly, in fact, a nation which is an outspoken proponent of the defender cause, and a nation I look up to and respect greatly,

Unibot. Unibot has commended many nations for their great accomplishments, yet we have not yet recognized his. I am of the belief that it is about time that we do recognize his contributions. When better than now, with the new year, and ideally, the first SC resolution of 2012 will be this, Commend Unibot II.

I think you should be commended for being such a tool.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:46 pm

I'll support this.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Lemmingtopias
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lemmingtopias » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 pm

I support this overall. A couple of the points I don't, such as commending for commending others, makes it a bit of a gentlemans club yanno?

But overall, fully support.
LBC News:Lemmingtopias now de facto split between East and West | Junta forces fail to storm Palace of the Sages, withdrawal from West Lomapolis | COUP! Advised to stay at home! More Info coming soon | Prince of Lemmingtopias killed during summit with Tropican President| Invasion of The Tropican Islands cancelled. Diplomatic talks to resume

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I'll support this.

Glad for your support, Nightkill.

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds wrote:

And the first of what i'm sure will be many comments in this vein come out. Three posts in, not counting the OP. Well done!

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Why not commend Unibot? Why Unibot II?
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Lemmingtopias wrote:I support this overall. A couple of the points I don't, such as commending for commending others, makes it a bit of a gentlemans club yanno?

But overall, fully support.

Well... commending others is an accomplishment, and Uni has commended many others, so it makes sense to note what he has done.

Glad for your (mostly) support.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:Why not commend Unibot? Why Unibot II?

Unibot.

Be my guest.

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:Why not commend Unibot? Why Unibot II?

Unibot.

Be my guest.

Oh weird. Why doesn't Unibot exist anymore?

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Unibot.

Be my guest.

Modkilled.

Seriously though, you haven't noticed Unibot using the Unibot II nation for a while now? :p

Swift Atalanta
Secretary

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Swift Atalanta » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Meh. I think some of the things he has done make him unworthy.

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Mahaj wrote:

Modkilled.

Seriously though, you haven't noticed Unibot using the Unibot II nation for a while now? :p

Hmm. I wonder though if we really want to commend a player with a prior reputation of getting his nations deleted by the mods. :p

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Mahaj wrote:Modkilled.

Hmm. I wonder though if we really want to commend a player with a prior reputation of getting his nations deleted by the mods. :p

I knew this was coming. First of all, its nation, singular. Secondly, that doesn't mean his accomplishments didn't occur, and it shouldn't take away from worthiness.

Swift Atalanta wrote:Meh. I think some of the things he has done make him unworthy.

I'm sure some people think he's done some bad things, but I wouldn't say that they make him unworthy, he has still accomplished a tremendous amount, for sure worthy of a commendation. Although, some people will never support this.

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Mahaj wrote:

Secondly, that doesn't mean his accomplishments didn't occur, and it shouldn't take away from worthiness.

Of course it does. We commend the nation, not certain individual actions. The positive and negative aspects of a player's/nation's past should both be considered and weighed against each other.

The New Texas Lands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Texas Lands » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I, speaking for Breedale, support this.
Katganistan wrote:"I'm getting DEATed in the morning
Hot Damn! those Mods are gonna smile
Spammed Moderation
Got a bannination
My nation's getting DEAT in style!
Katganistan wrote:
Shanix wrote:So basically all the mods?

Ooooh, no, we're not ALL female....
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:What's the difference between a GAP T-shirt and Aquitayne's corpse?

I don't have a GAP T-shirt in my closet.
Utceforp wrote:Tex is amazing, when he sweats, he sweats out chuck norrisses. Everyone loves Tex, even Seneca Crane's beard loves him, as well as his sweat-chuck-norrisses. If I were attacked by a bear cavalry army, I would ask for help from Tex. Tex is cool

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:34 pm

NOTING that Unibot was one of the main proponents of Liberations as a tool for defenders and not simply a tool for the worst of the worst situations such as Belgium, and consequently Unibot has helped restore native communities via a Liberation six times,

What about everyone who voted for them? I think they did much more than anyone here did :P

ACKNOWLEDGING Unibot as one of the premier defenders of this modern era in NationStates, in terms of skill, leadership, and strategy,

Define era. There's a few people i'd put above Uni. Don't forget the FRA business where he was nearly voted out of AC....

REALIZING Unibot is the founder of Eastern Islands of Dharma, a region known for being a popular hangout for numerous WA authors

He founded a region, thats nice. DId he personally help each WA author with every proposal?

PRAISING Unibot for the diplomacy shown in various interactions, such as in World Assembly debates and in communications with other defense organizations,

Communication? Are we talking about the same Uni? How's his communication with TITO?

Out of interest, have we ever commended someone who had their first nation deleted? I'm too lazy to check
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Mahaj wrote:*ahem*

*AHEM* Ambassador, may we ask you to consider your words...

Modly OOC: Knock off the flamebaiting please.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Mahaj wrote:Secondly, that doesn't mean his accomplishments didn't occur, and it shouldn't take away from worthiness.

Of course it does. We commend the nation, not certain individual actions. The positive and negative aspects of a player's/nation's past should both be considered and weighed against each other.

I would still argue that the positive outways the negative by a far amount here.

The New Texas Lands wrote:I, speaking for Breedale, support this.

I am glad for the support.

Drop Your Pants wrote:
NOTING that Unibot was one of the main proponents of Liberations as a tool for defenders and not simply a tool for the worst of the worst situations such as Belgium, and consequently Unibot has helped restore native communities via a Liberation six times,

What about everyone who voted for them? I think they did much more than anyone here did :P

And if they weren't authored by somebody they couldn't be voted on. :p

Define era. There's a few people i'd put above Uni. Don't forget the FRA business where he was nearly voted out of AC....

era is a time frame. Right now, and around this time, I think for many people Uni is one of the faces of defending. And there can be multiple premier defenders, Uni definitely deserves to be in this class. As for the FRA business-- I don't think that had really much to do with defending. I'm not very knowledgeable about that, though, and his attempted lib of TSP from sedge may have played a part of it, though I'd argue he didn't do anything wrong trying to lib TSP.

REALIZING Unibot is the founder of Eastern Islands of Dharma, a region known for being a popular hangout for numerous WA authors

He founded a region, thats nice. DId he personally help each WA author with every proposal?

No, but said hangout would not exist had he not founded it.

PRAISING Unibot for the diplomacy shown in various interactions, such as in World Assembly debates and in communications with other defense organizations,

Communication? Are we talking about the same Uni? How's his communication with TITO?

Sometimes I think he's *too* nice with TITO :p. He seriously is diplomatic with them.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Some changes made, as I showed it to Uni to see if he had any objections and he did. :p

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:17 am

Mahaj wrote:Some changes made, as I showed it to Uni to see if he had any objections and he did. :p

What is the point of the whole "don't commend yourself" rule when proxies are so easily employed to do it for us?

I feel like this justifies my earlier post. *glances at Nervun*

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 am

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds wrote:I feel like this justifies my earlier post. *glances at Nervun*

Cut it out, or you'll be warned.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:39 am

Mahaj wrote:Some changes made, as I showed it to Uni to see if he had any objections and he did. :p

What is the point of the whole "don't commend yourself" rule when proxies are so easily employed to do it for us?

And The Negative Nancies are back for more, too bad they have no fans.

Seriously, do you have any substantial comments?

Paper Flowers
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Paper Flowers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds wrote:What is the point of the whole "don't commend yourself" rule when proxies are so easily employed to do it for us?

Without having seen the original draft (so I don't know what Unibot objected to,) I would say there are some situations where it makes sense to at least take into account the opinion of the person you wish to commend. An example could be if Mahaj had put in something that Unibot didn't feel was worthy of commendation, or thought some of the details were inaccurate.

Basically there's a difference between "I'm going to write a commendation about <x>....I'd better get their opinion on it" and <x> saying "hey, go write a commendation about me."
Last edited by Paper Flowers on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liam. A. Saunders - Paper Flowers Ambassador to the World Assembly.

Factbook (under construction - last update 14th November 2012)
Current Affairs - Ambassador Walkers disappearance remains a mystery, Ambassador Saunders promoted in his place.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives