NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Automagfreek

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Datavia
Attaché

Founded: May 26, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Datavia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:07 am

Cromarty wrote:
Datavia wrote:Yet another proposal widely supported because the text looks fair, but the facts are not checked by the voters. Based on political sympathies and lack of proven facts, Datavia votes AGAINST.

Did the delegacy from Datavia not look at the substantial amount of evidence presented by Mr Heir?

Au contraire than most other countries, this delegation has conducted an independent investigation, concluding than Mr. Heir's evidences amount to bullshit.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:20 am

Datavia wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Did the delegacy from Datavia not look at the substantial amount of evidence presented by Mr Heir?

Au contraire than most other countries, this delegation has conducted an independent investigation, concluding than Mr. Heir's evidences amount to bullshit.

Feel free to provide the results of your investigation then, so that we can all be so *cough* Ahem, informed. :roll:
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Datavia
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Datavia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 am

Cromarty wrote:
Datavia wrote:

Feel free to provide the results of your investigation then, so that we can all be so *cough* Ahem, informed. :roll:

There's no strong evidence outside Mr. Heir's probably made-up evidences. Letting those aside, Automagfreek has been proven to be a freedom loving nation.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:42 am

Datavia wrote:
Cromarty wrote:Feel free to provide the results of your investigation then, so that we can all be so *cough* Ahem, informed. :roll:

There's no strong evidence outside Mr. Heir's probably made-up evidences.
Official statements from AMF are made-up?
Letting those aside, Automagfreek has been proven to be a freedom loving nation.
You have evidence to support this?
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:17 am

This is at vote, so shouldn't it be stickied?
Heeding the Call, One and For All: UDL

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 am

So here we are, three months later, and we're still as hopelessly bereft of purpose as when we started. We are entertaining a condemnation that means absolutely nothing, given the sheer hypocrisy of the author -- the originator of some of the worst environmental and corporate crimes imaginable, responsible for the deaths of thousands -- daring the stand in judgment of Automagfreek, who at least gave us an awesome light show while they were killing people. We could say more, about how the Unibotians, sleazy eco-saboteurs and international mob criminals as they are, can laughably masquerade as "International Federalists" in the GA, or how their leader is possibly the biggest bumbling idiot to set foot in this chamber since Manuelo Fernanda -- but then we'd miss the 9:00 show! [Pulls out bong and heads for the roof-access elevator] Oh man, this is gonna be sick!

--[OOC: who was it that spoke last time? Riley? OK. "Jack Riley."]
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Beskie
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Condemn Automagfreek

Postby Beskie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 am

The International community must step in and stop Automagfreek destruction on Christanity and mankind. :clap:

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:55 am

Beskie wrote:The International community must step in and stop Automagfreek destruction on Christanity and mankind. :clap:

"It is the Freeks decision what they do within their own national boarders. It is also their decision if they want to get involved in International Conflicts or to invade those that they deem unworthy of living. Seeing as they have NEVER been members of this World Assembly, this entire Condemnation is a farce and should be burned in the center of this room. On behalf of the Shazbotdom Ambassador to the World Assembly from the Shazbotdom Colony of Alraibris, the Empire votes Against this piece of shit legislation."
~~Under Secretary to the WA Delegate
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Hadleys Hope (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hadleys Hope (Ancient) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 am

Are there any contemporaneous sources around regarding the incidents referenced, especially of the named individuals? The HH Governing Board requests context.

(I did manage to find one account. RP or not, it was a repulsive. Beyond ordinary testosterone-driven callousness, the lovingly-crafted sadistic detail makes me question the mental state of whoever wrote it. People trying to outdo each other in white knighthood is bad enough; a deviant race to the bottom is quite something else.)

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 am

Shazbotdom wrote:Seeing as they have NEVER been members of this World Assembly, this entire Condemnation is a farce and should be burned in the center of this room.

As ever, the Federal Republic supports any considerable measure they may result in collateral damage to this reputedly august chamber. A bonfire would be freakin' awesome right now!

[Pulls out marshmallows and franks for later, then shoves stacks of paper, including the daily agenda and all briefing memos and draft notices of the condemnation, inside a wastebucket and begins to bring the basket around to neighboring delegations.]

Papers to be burned? Papers to be burned? Anyone? Anyone?

- Susa Batko-Yovino
(Riley having stepped out to catch the AMF light show on the roof)
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Datavia wrote:Yet another proposal widely supported because the text looks fair, but the facts are not checked by the voters. Based on political sympathies and lack of proven facts, Datavia votes AGAINST.

This is what I get for trying to make people consider whether or not a resolution's text is backed up by anything worth taking seriously. Instead of looking at a RPing resolution and assuming everything is TRUE, they look at a RPing resolution and assume that everything is FALSE. Even when said resolution is accompanied by a large number of well-thought-out roleplaying threads and is co-authored by the guy who put the new idea directly into their heads.

Some people will never really change.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Delegate Vinage wrote:ability of the Security Council to properly Condemn someone who deserves it - rather than some of the recent tripe.

Ehh...that's me isn't it? *blushes*
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Fischistan wrote:
Delegate Vinage wrote:ability of the Security Council to properly Condemn someone who deserves it - rather than some of the recent tripe.

Ehh...that's me isn't it? *blushes*

not only you ;)

Fischistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischistan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Campinia wrote:
Fischistan wrote:Ehh...that's me isn't it? *blushes*

not only you ;)

I think it's safe to say I'm the worst example though...condemning someone for a bunch of one-line godmods and a 3 person raid on a region with an active founder. :p
Xavier D'Montagne
Fischistani Ambassador to the WA
Unibot II wrote:It's Carta. He CANNOT Fail. Only successes in reverse.
The Matthew Islands wrote:Knowledge is knowing the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Anthony Delasanta wrote:its was not genocide it was ethnic cleansing...
Socorra wrote:A religion-free abortion thread is like a meat-free hamburger.
Help is on its Way: UDL
Never forget 11 September.
Never look off the edge of cliff on a segway.

11 September 1973, of course.

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Fischistan wrote:
Campinia wrote:not only you ;)

I think it's safe to say I'm the worst example though...condemning someone for a bunch of one-line godmods and a 3 person raid on a region with an active founder. :p

Lothar carelessly waved his left hand "No comment"
Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Campinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Campinia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Fischistan wrote:
Campinia wrote:not only you ;)

You're the worst example that made it to vote and passed ;)
Let's leave it at that...

Datavia
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Datavia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:49 pm

A mean old man wrote:

This is what I get for trying to make people consider whether or not a resolution's text is backed up by anything worth taking seriously. Instead of looking at a RPing resolution and assuming everything is TRUE, they look at a RPing resolution and assume that everything is FALSE. Even when said resolution is accompanied by a large number of well-thought-out roleplaying threads and is co-authored by the guy who put the new idea directly into their heads.

Some people will never really change.

OK, the game's yours. I withdraw Datavia's vote for good in this resolution, just for not spoiling your pleasure.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:50 pm

"The Foreign & Trade Office of His Majesty's Government hereby shall reaffirm its official stance that this vile and most abominable assembly is nothing than that of an interventionist, revisionist, pro-marxist puppet organisation of the reviled hidden proletariat", Lord Archibald Neilson, the deranged observer from the Court of His Majesty Aurel III of Yohannes spat incoherently for the whole World Assembly delegates to observe upon openly.

"Long live Automagfreek. Long live Gholgoth. Down with tyrannous condemnation. She shall not rest asunder.", Walden walked towards the exit door with a purposeful stride.

He then turned.

"You can all suck this, communist pigs", the mentally deranged aristocrat pulled his middle finger high and proud.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

NeThrel
Secretary

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby NeThrel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Lenyssa M'Areth, Ambassador to the World Assembly had been listening to the varied arguments for and against the condemnation of he Freeks. Rolling her eyes in her head, she signaled to the Assembly that she wanted to speak, and when her turn came up began.

"Delegates, I wish to say at first that the Province of Ne'Threl, as well as our Motherland, the Enrialist Imperium of the Naacal are curious on a number of points. You condemn them for using methods that some would consider objectionable to protect their Race and Empire. Yet, at the same time the World Assembly as a whole seeks to in a sense enforce it's own code of ethics and morality on the nations of the world. If the concept is that some sets of ethics and morality are more "noble" then others, who is to decide? Indeed the very task seems futile, as one man's dictator will be another's beloved ruler. I do understand though hopw many, even within these...hallowed halls, can believe that their own systems and beliefs are superior. This is after all only natural."

Lenyssa took a look around at the chamber, observing the reactions of the other delegates before continuing.

"If indeed it is the goal of this Assembly to enforce a moral and ethical set of beliefs, then perhaps I can understand why Lerian XII, Emperor of the Naacal, has never seen a purpose for this body. After all, enforcement of national will and a code of ethics is much better accomplished by the use of such things as Lambent Flame, which worked wonders in solving the last major society problem we had. Then again, I may be mistaken about the purpose of this assembly. That being said, we can not feel justified in supporting this resolution, as it seems hypocritical to condemn the Freeks and Damien Dreadfire for doing the same thing that any leader worthy of the name would do, Protecting Race, Empire, and their way of life. The Freeks choose to use weapons while this body uses words and political/economic pressure. Yet are they not both forms of leverage designed to bend people to your will? I would say Dreadfire is just more honest about it. And though the Enrialist Imperium is not in and of itself a member of the Assembly, Emperor Lerian XII wishes to express his support for his allies in Automagfreek in their struggles to maintain cultural identity in the face of oppressive forces who would forcibly change hem against their will."

Lenyssa then sat down quietly.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Campinia wrote:This is at vote, so shouldn't it be stickied?

Sorry about that. I'm usually not around for the minor update.

This has been an OOC post.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Datavia wrote:OK, the game's yours. I withdraw Datavia's vote for good in this resolution, just for not spoiling your pleasure.

It's not about "my pleasure." It's about you using that thing you carry around inside of your skull.

Datavia
Attaché

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Datavia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:36 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Datavia wrote:OK, the game's yours. I withdraw Datavia's vote for good in this resolution, just for not spoiling your pleasure.

It's not about "my pleasure." It's about you using that thing you carry around inside of your skull.

A mean old man, indeed.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Datavia wrote:A mean old man, indeed.

...and don't you dare think that I'm not. ;)

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Automagfreek » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:32 pm

A transmission was sent from the Great Hall in Ule City, Automagfreek to the headquarters of the Security Council of the World Assembly, bearing the seal of House Dreadfire.

The New Gothic Empire of Automagfreek

From the Desk of Lord Damien Dreadfire

Glory be to the Freekish Empire now and forevermore, and may death befall those who cross swords with us.

It has come to my attention that the illegitimate entity known as the "World Assembly" has chosen to set its sights upon Automagfreek, much the way it has done to our brethren in Milograd. Let it be known that your empty words and meaningless edicts hold no sway over the Empire, and your hollow threats and pathetic condemnations will fall on deaf ears outside of your halls of corruption. You outlander scum have grown too audacious for your own good, for you now seek to agitate the greatest military superpower the modern world has ever known.

We will not be as kind as our Milogradian allies have been, nor will we turn a blind eye to the blatant insult of your so called "Security Council", for you seek to provoke the Empire into conflict on one of its most sacred days. Should your empty condemnation come to pass, it will coincide with the celebration of Automagfreek's founding, and for this affront we will respond with cold, cruel vengeance. Your scholars and historians should know by now the measure of our resolve, and what unspeakable fate befalls our foes.

I will speak now directly to the fool Eduard Heir, the man responsible for this vile conspiracy and disgraceful derision. I will see to it personally that your life is extinguished once and for all, but not before you bear witness to the atrocity that those dearest to you will suffer for your arrogance and ambition. Make no mistake about it, Eduard, your days are numbered.

And to the brainwashed servants of the "World Assembly"; should you come to the shores of Automagfreek by the command of your outlander masters, you will find nothing but death and fire. Many have tried to threaten and control the Empire through the deception of words and the force of arms, and all have failed miserably and have been swept into the dustbin of history. I pray you make this mistake once more, so that the Freekish Empire may show the world yet again that it is not to be crossed. Should your little "condemnation" pass, and should you attempt to overshadow our holy festival and anniversary of our founding, we will view it as an open declaration of war.

You have been warned.

Lord Damien Dreadfire
Supreme Warlord of the Freekish Empire
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Elcric Kcalb
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby Elcric Kcalb » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:46 pm

In the eerie silence following the transmission from Automagfreek, a new, less hot-headed ambassador from Elcric Kcalb poked the microphone situated on top of his desk to ensure it was on and operating correctly before speaking.

"The Incorporated States of Elcric Kcalb would like to clarify, especially after the transmission from the New Gothic Empire of Automagfreek, that we voted against this proposal. That is all."
Last edited by Elcric Kcalb on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives