NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal Condemn Thatcherton

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Repeal Condemn Thatcherton

Postby Mahaj » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:48 am

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING that the destruction of a region is bad, however use of the security council to settle petty squables such as between various nations of The Federation of Kievan Rus should be frowned upon,

DISGUSTED by the hypocrisy that has occurred since the passing of the resolution, including the nation 'The Wreaked', author of Condemn Tatcherton urging nations to leave The Federation of Kievan Rus while other nations try to set up a government for the region, despite The Wreaked claiming in 'Condemn Thatcherton' that "efforts to restore the region to its future glory have not come to fruition",

RECOGNIZING that the previous largest population of The Federation of Kievan Rus was 14, before the Thatcherton incident, and that after the natives managed to refound their region it has since then had a population high of 13, and therefore claims that the region has not returned to glory are false, though hindered by nations such as The Wreaked,

IDENTIFYING The Wreaked and The Wreaker as jointly controlled territories,

APPALLED by the fact the The Wreaked would mention the activities of its puppet state in the resolution and that The Wreaker was referred to as "the innocent The Wreaker",

BELIEVING that the security council is not a place where shenanigans such as mentioning jointly controlled territories should be accepted,

FEELING that such a resolution ladened with hypocrisy and shenanigans such as this one ought not to remain on the books,

HEREBY REPEALS the Condemnation of Thatcherton.

"The Republic of The Wreaked

9 days ago

man, if you guys haven't noticed, I'm not abandoning you. I just want the best for all of you - that's why I advocated everyone leaving together."

Also...

The Wreaked
The Wreaker

definitely the same.

Now, things here are worded pretty badly in the draft, so if you have suggestions, feel free to shoot!
Last edited by Sedgistan on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:01 am

Please, do comment. I don't bite.
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:47 pm

This doesn't seem ... venomous enough.

There's so much wrong with the original condemnation that needs to be addressed in the repeal. I was planning to author this repeal myself at some point, though if you like I could join in your effort and provide a number of clauses and details to add in this weekend.

The original resolution really was awful. The repeal should explain precisely how absurd the resolution and the circumstances were at the time this was passed in as much detail as possible.
Last edited by A mean old man on Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:49 pm

A mean old man wrote:This doesn't seem ... venomous enough.

There's so much wrong with the original condemnation that needs to be addressed in the repeal. I was planning to author this repeal myself at some point, though if you like I could join in your effort and provide a number of clauses and details to add in this weekend.

The original resolution really was awful. The repeal should explain precisely how absurd the resolution and the circumstances were at the time this was passed, not focus primarily on what transpired afterwards.

I'd love it if you joined me.

And point taken. Will try and improve.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Mahaj wrote:I'd love it if you joined me.

Heh. I hate when I don't edit my post in time for it to be quoted. I didn't think that last statement was entirely accurate, because I noticed that a good portion of what you're addressing involved events addressed by the original condemnation and which occurred around that time.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:53 pm

A mean old man wrote:

Heh. I hate when I don't edit my post in time for it to be quoted. I didn't think that last statement was entirely accurate, because I noticed that a good portion of what you're addressing involved events addressed by the original condemnation and which occurred around that time.

Okay then. :p

Yay thanks for commenting :)

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Tim supports Repeal of this Terrible Legislation
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:23 am

It was bloody stupid to begin with, i was upset it even passed. I'll support any repeal....as long as its cruel and hard hitting :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:10 am

Awesome.

Swarmlandia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Swarmlandia » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:23 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:It was bloody stupid to begin with, i was upset it even passed. I'll support any repeal....as long as its cruel and hard hitting :P

I with him! ^^

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:26 am

Swarmlandia wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:It was bloody stupid to begin with, i was upset it even passed. I'll support any repeal....as long as its cruel and hard hitting :P

I with him! ^^

This ^
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:48 am

A mean old man wrote:

That happens to me a lot of the time as well, I suffer from a bad connection, and sometimes my keyboard decides to develop a personality of its own, thus forcing me to edit several times in some instances. :palm:
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 am

Frattastan wrote:
Swarmlandia wrote:
I with him! ^^

This ^

Pitchforks at the ready! ^^^
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:28 am

Follow me, friends, and we shall remove this from the books!

(ON THE MAHAJ DOCKET FOLLOWING REPEAL LEGALIZE PROSTITUTION)

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Well that'll fail again then, maybe do this one first :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:42 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:Well that'll fail again then, maybe do this one first :P

^This!

Or we'll jack your idea :p
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:

^This!

Or we'll jack your idea :p

Seriously, though.

Also, I have to prepare for a national MUN conference next weekend. Wohoo!

So that means this will be a bit. But it WILL come.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:
Frattastan wrote:
This ^

Pitchforks at the ready! ^^^

Here is some st00f to include.

NOTING that the “peaceful region of The Federation of Kievan Rus,” during Thatcherton’s reign as its World Assembly delegate, was so “peaceful” because its twelve to fifteen member nations, many of which could easily have been puppet states of foreign entities, lacked the motivation to cause anything to occur within their region,

FURTHER NOTING that this region’s members, including its founder, also lacked devotion to The Federation of Kievan Rus and did not seek to preserve the region in which they inhabited and noting that this region’s founding nation (which was ultimately ejected by the delegate and just so happened to be under the control of the author this resolution) failed to protect the region from Thatcherton despite having the power to do so,

BELIEVING that this region had already been abandoned “to wither into obscurity” by every involved nation but Thatcherton, and thus believing that there was no active regional community to be destroyed by Thatcherton’s actions and that Thatcherton was committing no great evil by putting this region down before it would have inevitably succumbed to stagnation anyway,

DISFAVORING the distasteful choice of this resolution’s author to include regions such as The Commonwealth of Crowns and The Empire of United Nations in this condemnation and portray them in a negative light because they were not willing to comply with the persistent and annoying demands of a nation they had never heard from before,

FEARING that this condemnation may have been a way of exacting petty revenge on Thatcherton, a publicity stunt deliberately carried out by the region’s former founder, and/or a ridiculously misinformed and only partially factual farce (as only about two or three nations have actually claimed to have witnessed what occurred in The Federation of Kievan Rus and these nations’ claims cannot be confirmed by any solid evidence),
Last edited by A mean old man on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luxembourg
Attaché

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 pm

God I'm personally for.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:43 pm

So it has failed now, DYP is prescient.

Can we get to this now? :P
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:21 am

Warzone Codger wrote:

So it has failed now, DYP is prescient.

Can we get to this now? :P

Today is friday. I get back home sunday night.

Perhaps I could do it over thanksgiving? Or... i might not be here, so after thanksgiving?

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:21 am

On Thanksgiving you'd be unlikely to find US delegates online.
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:50 am

I agree with this wholeheartedly. A terrible condemnation in the first place which I disagreed with at the time it was in session.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Mahaj wrote:Perhaps I could do it over thanksgiving? Or... i might not be here, so after thanksgiving?

Frattastan wrote:On Thanksgiving you'd be unlikely to find US delegates online.

^

I'd recommend waiting until Thanksgiving and the weekend which follows it are over.

Mahaj
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:41 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Perhaps I could do it over thanksgiving? Or... i might not be here, so after thanksgiving?

Frattastan wrote:On Thanksgiving you'd be unlikely to find US delegates online.

^

I'd recommend waiting until Thanksgiving and the weekend which follows it are over.

Well then. Will use the time to make the resolution better.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives