NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal: Social Assistance Accord

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowlandistan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowlandistan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 am

Shadownaldistan was very disapointed to see this pass. It's suprising that the vast majority of nations would not want to ensure workers rights/basic decency in the workplace. The Social Assistance Accord would have made healthier work forces and outlaw many backward practices.
Last edited by Shadowlandistan on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54

You are an anarcho-collectivistic.

Cosmopolitan 43%- Nationalistic
Secular 104% -Fundamentalist
Visionary 72%- Reactionary
Anarchistic 76%- Authoritarian
Communistic 34%- Capitalistic
Pacifist 47%- Militaristic
Ecological 16%- Anthropocentric

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:45 am

Shadowlandistan wrote:Shadownaldistan was very disapointed to see this pass. It's suprising that the vast majority of nations would not want to ensure workers rights/basic decency in the workplace. The Social Assistance Accord would have made healthier work forces and outlaw many backward practices.

Perhaps "the Social Assistance Accord was a badly written resolution" is a more plausible hypothesis to explain it's passing than your "EVERYONE HATES WORKERS" theory.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:06 am

Shadowlandistan wrote:Shadownaldistan was very disapointed to see this pass. It's suprising that the vast majority of nations would not want to ensure workers rights/basic decency in the workplace. The Social Assistance Accord would have made healthier work forces and outlaw many backward practices.

Really, I would have thought that resolutions like Workplace Safety Standards Act would do a better job of improving workplaces that the Social Assistance Accord ever did.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 am

It isn't a matter of opposing worker's rights and welfare. It's a matter of desiring stronger legislation both in power and wording that can't be so overwhelmingly repealed.

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

The Imperial Republic of New Kyoto
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Republic of New Kyoto » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:17 am

For me it is a matter of legislating expenditures without providing the money to pay for them. I am always suspicious when someone says "Go pay for this" and he doesn't address the fact my wallet is empty. Before I can support even a well intended measure such as this I have to know who is going to pay for it and how. The answer "Squeeze it out of your own money" Doesn't satisfy me.

Shadowlandistan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowlandistan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:54 am

Knootoss wrote:

Perhaps "the Social Assistance Accord was a badly written resolution" is a more plausible hypothesis to explain it's passing than your "EVERYONE HATES WORKERS" theory.

Basic social assistance would have in no way impeded nations economies, and would have guaranteed a basic safety net for those less fortunate than ourselves.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54

You are an anarcho-collectivistic.

Cosmopolitan 43%- Nationalistic
Secular 104% -Fundamentalist
Visionary 72%- Reactionary
Anarchistic 76%- Authoritarian
Communistic 34%- Capitalistic
Pacifist 47%- Militaristic
Ecological 16%- Anthropocentric

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:56 am

Shadowlandistan wrote:
Knootoss wrote:

Basic social assistance would have in no way impeded nations economies, and would have guaranteed a basic safety net for those less fortunate than ourselves.

Well it did make my economic rating go down 1 point, which was reversed when the act was repealed. ;)

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

The Imperial Republic of New Kyoto
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Republic of New Kyoto » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:01 am

Shadowlandistan wrote:
Knootoss wrote:

If you already live in a first or second tier economy that is generally true, but in third world nations, many have trouble providing much more basic services because they are broke.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives