NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Milograd

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Condemn Milograd

Postby Connopolis » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Condemn Milograd

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Milograd | Proposed by: Connopolis

The Security Council,

APPREHENSIVELY disclosing the horrendously macabre and highly classified dossier of Milograd, which includes religious and racial intolerance, unacceptable police policies, obstruction of democratization and many other grevious and unjustifiable acts against its peers in the international theatre,

HORRIFIED by the prohibition of Catholicism within Milograd and the mass eradication of Catholic citizens on multiple occasions,

FURTHER HORRIFIED by Milograd's xenophobic policies which deliberately classify non-whites as non-human and therefore allowing these people to be hunted as if they were animals,

ABHORRING Milograd's use of VX nerve gas against protesters in the Milogradian cities of Argyz, Kremho, and various other locations, which resulted in the death of over 40,000 Milogradian citizens,

NAUSEATED by the unjust abuse of authority and poor conduct of Milograd's Resource Initiative Urban Police (RIUP), the members of which frequently rape and assault innocent civilians in order to maintain order; the RIUP often kidnaps and murders overwhelming numbers of "threats to the state,"

DISGUSTED by the delusional leader of Milograd, Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill, primarily for his decisions that resulted in the demise of many of the world's idyllic democracies and has intentionally stymied the progress of many democracy-advocating organizations such as the Polaris Initiative,

REGRETFULLY ACKNOWLEDGING the Milogradian invasion of the Judean lands and the forced migration of millions of native Trescotters, leading thousands to their deaths, and others to their forced displacement,

SHOCKED by the infamous genocide of Argatov, which resulted in the loss of over 80,000 innocent lives,

APPALLED by Milograd's intolerance of all ideologies not authorized by the Milogradian government in the Milogradian "Belief Authorization Act,"

ADAMANT that any nation that has committed such atrocities both domestically and internationally deserves proper punishment,

HEREBY CONDEMNS Milograd.

The Security Council,

DEDICATED to the advocation of international peace, cooperation, and harmony between all nations,

NOTING the existence of nations who do not share this goal common goal, either directly, or indirectly, by disturbing or stymieing international peace through means of war, genocide, or other such actions,

As such;

APPREHENSIVELY disclosing the horrendously macabre, yet highly classified dossier of Milograd,

DEEPLY perturbed by the grievously unjustifiable acts committed by Miograd against its peers in the international theatre,

HORRIFIED by the prohibition of Catholicism within Milograd, and its mass eradication of Catholic citizens on multiple occasions;

FURTHER HORRIFIED by their generally xenophobic policies, deliberately classifying non-whites or asians as non-human, and are therefore are subject to similar hunting laws as standard animals,

ABHORRED by Milograd's use of VX nerve gas against protesters in the Milogradian cities of Argyz, Kremho, and various other locations, subsequently resulting in the death of over 40,000 Milogradian citizens,

NAUSEATED by the unjust abuse of authority, and poor conduct of Milograds Resource Initiative Urban Police (RIUP), who frequently rape, and beating innocent civilians in order to maintain order; the RIUP often kidnaps, and murders "threats to the state" in overwhelming amounts,

DISGUSTED by the delusional leader of Milograd, Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill, primarily for his decisions that resulted in the demise of many of the world's most idyllic democracies, and has intentionally stymied the progress of many democracy advocating organizations, such as the Polaris Initiative,

REGRETFULLY ACKNOWLEDGING the Milogradian invasion of the Judean lands, and the poorly conducted forced migration of millions of native Trescotters, which led to the deaths of thousands,

SHOCKED by the infamous genocide of Argatov, which resulted in the loss of over 80,000 innocent lives,

APPALLED by Milograd's intolerance of all ideologies not authorized by the Milogradian government, as defined by the Milogradian "Belief Authorization Act".

ADAMANT that any nation that has committed such atrocities both domestically, and internationally deserves proportional punishment,

Hereby Condemns Milograd.

Sources:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138671#articleviewtopic.php?f=5&t=135779
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135779viewtopic.php?p=7181007#p7181007
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135779
viewtopic.php?p=7181007#p7181007
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=143105
Last edited by Sedgistan on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Condemn Milograd

The Security Council,

DEDICATED to the advocation of international peace, cooperation, and harmony between all nations,

NOTING the existence of nations who do not share this goal common goal, either directly, or indirectly, by disturbing or stymieing international peace through means of war, genocide, or other such actions,

As such;

APPREHENSIVELY disclosing the horrendously macabre, yet highly classified dossier of Milograd,

DEEPLY perturbed by the grievously unjustifiable acts committed by Miograd against its peers in the international theatre,

HORRIFIED by the prohibition of Catholicism within Milograd, and its mass eradication of Catholic citizens on multiple occasions;

FURTHER HORRIFIED by their generally xenophobic policies, deliberately classifying non-whites or asians as non-human, and are therefore are subject to similar hunting laws as standard animals,

ABHORRED by Milograd's use of VX nerve gas against protesters in the Milogradian cities of Argyz, Kremho, and various other locations, subsequently resulting in the death of over 40,000 Milogradian citizens,

NAUSEATED by the unjust abuse of authority, and poor conduct of Milograds Resource Initiative Urban Police (RIUP), who frequently rape, and beating innocent civilians in order to maintain order; the RIUP often kidnaps, and murders "threats to the state" in overwhelming amounts,

DISGUSTED by the delusional leader of Milograd, Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill, primarily for his decisions that resulted in the demise of many of the world's most idyllic democracies, and has intentionally stymied the progress of many democracy advocating organizations, such as the Polaris Initiative,

REGRETFULLY ACKNOWLEDGING the Milogradian invasion of the Judean lands, and the poorly conducted forced migration of millions of native Trescotters, which led to the deaths of thousands,

APPALLED by Milograd's intolerance of all ideologies not authorized by the Milogradian government, as defined by the Milogradian "Belief Authorization Act".

ADAMANT that any nation that has committed such atrocities both domestically, and internationally deserves proportional punishment,

Condemn Milograd

The Security Council,

NOTING the existence of nations that do not share this goal common goal and that directly disturb international peace through means of war, genocide, or other such actions,

APPREHENSIVELY disclosing the horrendously macabre and highly classified dossier of Milograd,

HORRIFIED by the prohibition of Catholicism within Milograd and the mass eradication of Catholic citizens on multiple occasions,

FURTHER HORRIFIED by Milograd's generally xenophobic policies which deliberately classify non-whites as non-human and therefore allowing these people to be hunted as if they were animals,

ABHORRING Milograd's use of VX nerve gas against protesters in the Milogradian cities of Argyz, Kremho, and various other locations, which resulted in the death of over 40,000 Milogradian citizens,

NAUSEATED by the unjust abuse of authority and poor conduct of Milograd's Resource Initiative Urban Police (RIUP), the members of which frequently rape and beat innocent civilians in order to maintain order; the RIUP often kidnaps and murders overwhelming numbers of "threats to the state,"

DISGUSTED by the delusional leader of Milograd, Dh'arco Rahavuhra Jukill, primarily for his decisions that resulted in the demise of many of the world's idyllic democracies and has intentionally stymied the progress of many democracy-advocating organizations such as the Polaris Initiative,

REGRETFULLY ACKNOWLEDGING the Milogradian invasion of the Judean lands and the poorly conducted forced migration of millions of native Trescotters which led to the deaths of thousands,

APPALLED by Milograd's intolerance of all ideologies not authorized by the Milogradian government in the Milogradian "Belief Authorization Act,"

ADAMANT that any nation that has committed such atrocities both domestically and internationally deserves proportional punishment,

HEREBY CONDEMNS Milograd.

GRRRR.
PROOFREAD.
COMMAS.
PUNCTUATION INSIDE QUOTATION.
R4.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:29 pm

A mean old man wrote:PUNCTUATION INSIDE QUOTATION.

To be fair, that one's U.S.-specific. (And as a CS major, I personally think it's incredibly dumb.)
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Goobergunchia wrote:To be fair, that one's U.S.-specific. (And as a CS major, I personally think it's incredibly dumb.)

It's all I've ever known and I've never seen anyone do it otherwise.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:59 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Goobergunchia wrote:To be fair, that one's U.S.-specific. (And as a CS major, I personally think it's incredibly dumb.)

It's all I've ever known and I've never seen anyone do it otherwise.

Me out of protest. :P

It's a dumb rule.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Unibot II wrote:Me out of protest. :P

It's a dumb rule.

Better dumb rules than no rules.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 pm

A mean old man wrote:Better dumb rules than no rules.

Spoken like a true Pacifican >_>

But yeah, "nations who" is a Rule 4 violation.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:50 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Unibot II wrote:Me out of protest. :P

It's a dumb rule.

Better dumb rules than no rules.

There are several disenfranchised minorities over the years that would beg to differ. :P
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

New New York
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New New York » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:01 am

I refuse to put punctuation inside quotes unless it belongs there. (Entire sentences quoted, etc.)
Do not presume to know my mind. If I haven't specifically said I believe something, don't assume that I do.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:22 am

Whatever. You're welcome for all the edits.
>:(

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:36 am

A mean old man wrote:Whatever. You're welcome for all the edits.
>:(

Thanks for the edits. :lol:

I didn't do that on a word-processer, so erroneous grammar should be expected. Thanks again.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:04 pm

No Offense Conn.

But I will be fully against. I don't like RP Proposals. Never have, never will.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:08 pm

That's only coz you don't hang out in #the_south_pacific on IRC enough. Carta/Milo will BLOW your mind.

But umm yea, the proposal.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:No Offense Conn.

But I will be fully against. I don't like RP Proposals. Never have, never will.

No offense taken. I understand, actually; I was never really a fan of RP CCs, but roleplayer's work hard to attain prominence throughout the RP community, and Milo/Carta certainly deserves some form of recognition.

Warzone Codger wrote:That's only coz you don't hang out in #the_south_pacific on IRC enough. Carta/Milo will BLOW your mind.

But umm yea, the proposal.

Gonna have to be a bit clearer about your stance. ;)
Last edited by Connopolis on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:33 pm

yus milograd is glorious o/o/o/o/
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Heh. I remember when I suggested RPing as a potential subject for C&Cs back in the day. People thought it was hilarious.

Now I get to laugh at them.

Personally, the only RPing C&Cs that bother me are of people who put very little work and/or thought into what they write. Those that actually put love into their work deserve recognition.

...and you're welcome, Conn.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:10 pm

A mean old man wrote:Heh. I remember when I suggested RPing as a potential subject for C&Cs back in the day. People thought it was hilarious.

No, you got laughed at for suggesting it was the only thing that should be commended or condemned .. or at-least the SC should be 'neutral' in military gameplay. I still passed the first RP C&C..sucker. :P
Last edited by Unibot II on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:23 am

Unibot II wrote:No, you got laughed at for suggesting it was the only thing that should be commended or condemned .. or at-least the SC should be 'neutral' in military gameplay. I still passed the first RP C&C..sucker. :P

Good for you.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:58 pm

OK - if you want to reminisce about the old, dark days of the SC, take it to another thread. If you want to gloat about who passed what first, don't do it here. If, however, you want to debate "Condemn Milograd" as presented in the OP here, you are more than welcome to post in this thread.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Okay.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Okay thanks Sedge *cough*.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:40 pm

Unibot II wrote:Okay thanks Sedge *cough*.

*** Warned *** for continuing a threadjack after explicitly being told not to do so.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:10 am

Connopolis wrote: The Security Council,

As such;

[I think this has been said enough times for people to just assume that the Security Council isn't advocating world destruction... often-times these generalized lines in the beginning annoy reader and hint to them that you're just trying to increase your character count.]

[I recommend changing around the Apprehensively clause to become a introduction clause; briefly overview what you're going to talk about.. "dossier of Milograd, including religious and racial intolerance, unacceptable police policies, obstruction of democratization and many other grevious and unjustifiable acts against its peers in the international theatre," -- this way you can get rid of the next clause which is unnecessary.]

HORRIFIED by the prohibition of Catholicism within Milograd, and its mass eradication of Catholic citizens on multiple occasions,

FURTHER HORRIFIED by their generally xenophobic policies, deliberately classifying non-whites or asians as non-human, and are therefore are [perhaps just "thus subject to.."] subject to similar hunting laws as standard animals,

ABHORRED [I see no reason why Milograd would "abhor" the Security Council for its murder of dissenters... so perhaps a new preambulatory verb is in order] ABHORRING by Milograd's use of VX nerve gas against protesters in the Milogradian cities of Argyz, Kremho, and various other locations, subsequently resulting in the death of over 40,000 Milogradian citizens,

NAUSEATED by the unjust abuse of authority, and poor conduct of Milograds Resource Initiative Urban Police (RIUP), who frequently rape, and assault ing innocent civilians in order to maintain order; the RIUP often kidnaps, and murders "threats to the state" in overwhelming amounts [Statistics? If you can note the source too like "World Democracy Organization reports 10,000 blah blah blah],

REGRETFULLY ACKNOWLEDGING the Milogradian invasion of the Judean lands, and the poorly conducted forced migration of millions of native Trescotters, which led leading thousands to their deaths and others to their forced displacement,

APPALLED by Milograd's intolerance of all ideologies not authorized by the Milogradian government, as defined by the Milogradian "Belief Authorization Act", [what are some of these ideologies?]

ADAMANT that any nation that has committed such atrocities both domestically, and internationally deserves proportional punishment, [your asking for proportional punishment.. and your response is a piece of paper, perhaps we could at least slap MIlograd's wrist? :P]

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:38 pm

*Shuns Milograd*

(Support).
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives