NATION

PASSWORD

[Passed] Legalizing Prostitution

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Ploegeristan wrote:We will support this legislation IF the following clause is added to the proposal: by law, prostitutes will have to test on STD's every 6 months at least. If a prostitute has an STD he or she will not be allowed to practice his or her profession until cured or in the case of HIV will be forced to stop practicing his or her profession for the rest of his or her life.

Do not forget you can always add your own protocol
From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Dr. Xzavier M.
Leader of The Kingdom of Great Azarath

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Great Azarath wrote:
Ploegeristan wrote:We will support this legislation IF the following clause is added to the proposal: by law, prostitutes will have to test on STD's every 6 months at least. If a prostitute has an STD he or she will not be allowed to practice his or her profession until cured or in the case of HIV will be forced to stop practicing his or her profession for the rest of his or her life.

Do not forget you can always add your own protocol

As long as it doesn't restrict the industry to make it unprofitable...

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:51 pm

OOC: That's nice. Ignoring our enforcement blocking? If you want my ambassador to bring his hookers to floor debates, I'll be sure to do that when this passes. Otherwise, I will block enforcement of this if it passes, whether you like it or not. Condemn me for doing so. I won't care two shits if you do. This is a bad proposal on moral grounds and people don't want prosititutes to be legal in their nations.

Aw screw this, I'm invading Chechnya. BRB.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Dilange wrote:
OOC: i remember telling him to make a discussion page but he refused so......apparently hes afraid of others opinions. idk.Alright, I told you why I did not want to so stop with the lies.

"I see a vast amount of problems in this already. THe first is the clause stating that any government actions trying to limit prostitution is ILLEGAL. Oh...Im sorry but its my government and my country....the WA has no right telling countries how to limit businesses. "Guess what, you joined the World Assembly, so you surrender NatSov. If the majority wants it then it will happen.

"Second, If countries will not participate in prostitution but have it legalized whats the point, we should just have a proposal for the "Right to Fail". I wish the Azarite was here to discuss this with us but alas....he couldnt even reserve a room."I do not see a problem. If they don't then good. That's the whole reason I made the proposal, to give people the CHOICE.

"Third, if the WA is not madating the creation of a prostiution industry....then what the hell is the point of this then? Im suppose to waste government money and efforts to do what again? Find every prostitute and brothel in the giant country of DIlange , test them for STDs, give them free condoms, and warn them of the health risks. This proposal isnt based in a realistic approach to the international community or business."You guys keep forgetting you can add your own protocol, such as making them come to you & give them whatever, or give them special licenses. Be creative, customize it. Since your so keen on NatSov

"Fourth, A few countries in the WA have government-mandated religion. Now, if one country had a religion that was against prostitution, would that count as a government-imposed regulation to make prostitution non-profitable? This proposal is riddled with more questions/redefitions then actual answers." No, you do not HAVE to be a prostitute. Anyway, isn't there a resolution mandating that you cannot force religion. It's not imposing......

"Fellow World Assembly Delegates, I advise for you to vote against this ludicris proposal thats riddled with loopholes. This proposal single-handedly destroys nation's rights how to run business and how to regulate it so." Sainthos preached to the rest of the delegates in the WA.

The last paragraph is nonsense. Obviously there is no loophole and if there was if so insignificant that it still made it to quorum. Key players such as Drop Your Pants approved this, thats saying something. I know you don't like colors but this was extremely long.
Dr. Xzavier M.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:59 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Great Azarath wrote:Do not forget you can always add your own protocol

As long as it doesn't restrict the industry to make it unprofitable...

That's correct.
Dr. Xzavier M.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:00 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:OOC: That's nice. Ignoring our enforcement blocking? If you want my ambassador to bring his hookers to floor debates, I'll be sure to do that when this passes. Otherwise, I will block enforcement of this if it passes, whether you like it or not. Condemn me for doing so. I won't care two shits if you do. This is a bad proposal on moral grounds and people don't want prosititutes to be legal in their nations.

Bad morals? Giving people the choice to become a prostitute is a bad moral? Okay, so me giving people a choice is worse than shoving my own morals down someones throat?
Dr. Xzavier M.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:03 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:Yea...that. Mandatory STD tests?

Oh wait, it's already in there. But wait! If we go by the recommendation of mandating STD tests, could that be seen as imposing a burden on said industry?

The fuck...?

How would mandating STD test be a burden? That is pure nonsense.
Dr. Xzavier M.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Dilange wrote:
Oh yes they are...but recommended:

"Oh as the Azarite said it, its mandatory and if you dont do it, its against his proposal....he clearly mentions that a few times in the old discussion." Sainthos smirked.

Lies! Lies! Lies! Jesus man, you continue lying on me!
Dr. Xzavier M.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:05 pm

FURTHER PROHIBITS Individual member-states regulating prostitution-based enterprises to the point where it no longer becomes profitable for the enterprise, or its employees; member-states must also refrain from instilling negative ramifications on prostitutes for pursuing the profession with the intent of stymieing the industry.

Anyone can take mandated STD tests and turn them into a burden. In fact, anything can be taken as a burden.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Dilange wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:As I said, we will deliberately violate it (OOC: IC'ly). And if we do, it will be in good faith to keep organised crime down in the interest of public safety. We already know about compliance from day one, but the proposal does not make the world better other than increase crime. There is a limit to the idea of IntFed and I think the proposal goes outside of what is worthy of international consideration.

"Agreed, the Azarite delegate seems to believe that if its passed that every country will be like his, no problems and more business freedoms. Alas, not every nation is similar. Each nation is complex and has a set of different variables that make it complex. Making a one-size-fits-all proposal doesnt work in an international zone of government and can cause a vast amoutn of nations in the Wa ranging from crime to bankrupcy. We have seen similar ones like this in the past filled with many contradictions. If this does pass, I will make a repal ASAP"

What? How would a million dollar job make a nation go bankrupt? :palm: You are making sense, all this is doing is giving people this choice on whether or not they want to be a prostitute. NOT influenced by gov.
Dr. Xzavier M.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Of Free Northern States wrote:I say why not! It simply brings it out of the dark and into the light where it can be regulated and made safe! I support this resolution

GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL. THANK YOU FOR PEEPS SAKE!
Dr. Xzavier M.

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:10 pm

You have an enemy in me whoever supports this. If it is magically implemented i will create or vote for any proposal combating this proposal. Calling this an industry is not acceptable nor is calling a prostitute an employee of prostitution. Forcing a nation to legalise prostitution would infringe on their sovereign rights and is completely immoral
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Suidwes-Afrika wrote:
Dilange wrote:
"Agreed, the Azarite delegate seems to believe that if its passed that every country will be like his, no problems and more business freedoms. Alas, not every nation is similar. Each nation is complex and has a set of different variables that make it complex. Making a one-size-fits-all proposal doesnt work in an international zone of government and can cause a vast amoutn of nations in the Wa ranging from crime to bankrupcy. We have seen similar ones like this in the past filled with many contradictions. If this does pass, I will make a repal ASAP"

We pledge every ourselves to this. As a country currently suffering from a staggering AIDS epidemic, we will do anything to ensure that this opinion ^^ is made clear to everyone in the WA.

Remember, leaders, you're not merely voting for what YOU would like to do. You are voting for what you want the REST OF THE WA to do, and should represent the best interests of the community as a whole.

That's OBVIOUSLY not the case if you guys are putting your own freakin' morals into this.
Dr. Xzavier M.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:11 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:How about we legalize incest while we're on the topic of letting immorality come to our nations.

And we don't sell wives. That's sexual slavery and rightfully banned in Lanos. Now don't you start on a crusade to legalize that too...

Incest is legal in quite a few nation. Not in mine, due to the fact is leads to birth defects.
Dr. Xzavier M.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:14 pm

FURTHER PROHIBITS Individual member-states regulating prostitution-based enterprises to the point where it no longer becomes profitable for the enterprise, or its employees; member-states must also refrain from instilling negative ramifications on prostitutes for pursuing the profession with the intent of stymieing the industry.

Anyone can take mandated STD tests and turn them into a burden. In fact, anything can be taken as a burden.

Well guess what, you are so worried about STD's so you must not or anyone else who is against.
Dr. Xzavier M.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:16 pm

The Kiaser Colonies wrote:You have an enemy in me whoever supports this. If it is magically implemented i will create or vote for any proposal combating this proposal. Calling this an industry is not acceptable nor is calling a prostitute an employee of prostitution. Forcing a nation to legalise prostitution would infringe on their sovereign rights and is completely immoral

All people have their own morals, so to let is bias your opinions isn't right. That enemy in you is telling you that this is not bad. It's good for our people and the WA. Also you joined the WA aware that things you are against may still be passed. You surrender your NatSov by joining the WA.
Dr. Xzavier M.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:17 pm

How is prositution good for the WA and its members?

Paying someone to get laid is good?

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:How is prositution good for the WA and its members?

Yes, it fulfills the wants of that person and he/she can express his sexual preferences without chastisement.
Dr. Xzavier M.

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:20 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:How is prositution good for the WA and its members?

No; ensuring both bodily freedom, and economic endeavors are, however.

Yours in unwavering support,
Last edited by Connopolis on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:21 pm

So basically we should reduce sex to a commodity, to be traded among those who seek something of value?

OOC: I would try to put that in my currency field, but the mods would kill me off for that.

Great Azarath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Azarath » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:22 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:So basically we should reduce sex to a commodity, to be traded among those who seek something of value?

OOC: I would try to put that in my currency field, but the mods would kill me off for that.

You are twisting my words. All I said was someone can fulfill their needs without social chastisement. Who ever said having sex with your wife or husband is bad and sex should be reduced to just prostitutes?
Dr. Xzavier M.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:35 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:OOC: That's nice. Ignoring our enforcement blocking? If you want my ambassador to bring his hookers to floor debates, I'll be sure to do that when this passes. Otherwise, I will block enforcement of this if it passes, whether you like it or not. Condemn me for doing so. I won't care two shits if you do. This is a bad proposal on moral grounds and people don't want prosititutes to be legal in their nations.

I'm just stating a new IC IGNORE policy. Henceforth I'm not recognizing any RP claims that WA nations are contravening WA resolutions. While theoretically there could be interesting RP around non-compliance, I've never seen this actually happen, so I'm going to be treating the FAQ ("Unfortunately you can't obey the resolutions you like and ignore the rest, like real nations.") as binding henceforth.

That's not grounds for condemnation or anger. You are of course free to RP as you like. (Although your nation will be affected by the statistics changes that result from the resolution, if it passes.) I will just ICly respond as if your nation has been forced to comply .

If people don't want prostitutes to be legal in their nations, they should--wait for it--try to get the resolution defeated. Or come up with a creative way of obeying the letter of the resolution while disregarding its spirit. ;)

This has been an OOC post.

Pryssilvalia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pryssilvalia » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Great Azarath wrote:

Bad morals? Giving people the choice to become a prostitute is a bad moral? Okay, so me giving people a choice is worse than shoving my own morals down someones throat?

Being a prostitute itself is immoral, in the sense that it negatively affects public health and order and therefore banned. Not giving the choice for people to be immoral is not immoral, otherwise outlawing murder will be immoral.

Of course, some might argue that being a prostitute isn't immoral. However, plenty of people will argue that revenge isn't immoral. As long as the majority thinks it is immoral, then it can be reasonably thought as immoral in general.

Again, I have seen plenty of people thinking it isn't right for people to force the majority's moral onto the individual - but doing otherwise would be to force the individual's moral onto the society.

Whether the majority thinks it's immoral or not, we will soon see in the voting.
Hughes Tyssia - High Commissioner of the Commonwealth of the Frankian Countries

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:24 pm

We would be interested in hearing more about the effect of well-regulated prostitution on public health.

[Lord] Michael Evif
Goobergunchian UN WA Ambassador
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Goobergunchia wrote:We would be interested in hearing more about the effect of well-regulated prostitution on public health.

[Lord] Michael Evif
Goobergunchian UN WA Ambassador

That's a good point; if prostitution is well regulated, what's the inherent risk involved? Any negative consequences that subsequently result from this resolution will be self-induced due to poor/slipshod regulation; not because of the proposal itself.

Yours truly,
Last edited by Connopolis on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives